• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts music appears at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2021

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
I don't know if this will be reported in the news on this site.
But I was very pleased to listen to music from Kingdom hearts and Final Fantasy.
The Hercules world theme was very much in the subject.
And it's also nice that this Kingdom hearts franchise is gaining popularity so much that the music from this series of games is played at such significant events.:)

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Awesome. It's nice that the franchise is starting to become more mainstream. And the theme for the Coliseum is very fitting for the Olympics
Very fitting indeed. According to the set list, they used both themes for Olympus Coliseum, both the over world theme and Hero’s Fanfare.

okhi12

Awards
I absolutely loved it. Not only KH and FF but Dragon Quest too, which isn't surprising in the slightest given it's the most popular jrpg series in Japan.
It reminds me of that time in 2004 when an american syncronized swimming duo used Liberi Fatali from FFVIII.

okhi12

Awards
Now I want to see ice skating on Impeto Obscuro.
The Mirror Aqua theme would also be fitting. Just imagine a live performance of the spellweaver finisher to that theme, just like the Queen of the rink objective in 0.2

So cool, both literally and figuratively.

Perkilator

Awards
Wow, wasn’t expecting that!

If KH is big enough for the Olympics, then it’s certainly…becoming more mainstream, but also it’s certainly big enough for Smash (not that I expect it, but still).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Kingdom Hearts fans were given a huge surprise this morning when "Hero's Fanfare" from Kingdom Hearts 3 and "Olympus Coliseum" from Kingdom Hearts played during the opening ceremonies for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2021. 

Yoko Shimomua took to Twitter to give her heartfelt thanks for the honor of having her music featured at the 2021 Olympic Games. 

"Olympus Coliseum" and "Hero's Fanfare" from "Kingdom Hearts" were played in the game music medley during the player entrance songs! It's a great honor for me. I saw it in the rear side. Thank you for your immediate congratulations ♡

Yoko Shimomura 7/23/21 via Twitter

Here is the full tracklist of songs that played during the opening ceremonies as each country was introduced:

Dragon Quest - "Overture: Roto's Theme"

Final Fantasy - "Victory Fanfare"

Tales of series - "Sorey's Theme - The Shepherd"

Monster Hunter - "Proof of a Hero"

Kingdom Hearts - "Olympus Coliseum"

Chrono Trigger - "Frog's Theme"

Ace Combat - "First Flight"

Tales of series - "Pomp and Majesty"

Monster Hunter - "Wind of Departure"

Chrono Trigger - "Robo's Theme"

Sonic the Hedgehog - "Star Light Zone"

Winning Eleven (Pro Evolution Soccer) - "eFootball walk-on theme"

Final Fantasy - "MAIN THEME"

Phantasy Star Universe - "Guardians"

Kingdom Hearts - "Hero's Fanfare"

Gradius (Nemesis) - "01 ACT I-1"

NieR - "Song of the Ancients"

SaGa series - "The Orchestral SaGa - Legend of Music"

Soulcalibur - "The Brave New Stage of History"

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, NEO: The World Ends With You and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Awards
I mean...I know it fits the subject plus "haha Olympics Olympus" but I kinda wish they used a different song from the series.

A bit negative, I know, but it's cuz I'm sad that they put all this effort only to have no real audience there.

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
I mean...I know it fits the subject plus "haha Olympics Olympus" but I kinda wish they used a different song from the series.

A bit negative, I know, but it's cuz I'm sad that they put all this effort only to have no real audience there.
Perhaps that's why they did it in the first place....

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Honestly this was so cool and unexpected. I was in the kitchen with the TV on and I was like “…wait a minute” So cool to hear this. I wonder how many athletes actually know these songs

AR829038

Awards
This was honestly incredible. And they played it over and over again, too. 10-year-old me would never have believed something like this could happen.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Olympus Coliseum is super fitting for the theme to play for the Olympics. Also considering it's been in every KH game minus DDD it's such a iconic theme to hear. All it needed was someone dressed as Phil to greet everyone as they came in to make it 100% perfect.

Back