• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Music Selection Track List & Visual Art Collection Detailed!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The official Japanese Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- website updated recently with a look at all of the different ordering options for the upcoming HD remaster, along with the grand reveal of its boxart illustrated by Series Director Tetsuya Nomura. The website was also updated with the track listings for the music sampler and information on the Visual Art Collection, both of which will be included in the Collectors Pack.

The Visual Art Collection is a 30-page compilation of signed artwork by Director Nomura, illustrating the series history in over 180 key visuals and other stunning art pieces. 

Kingdom Hearts Music Selection, the third Bluray disk included in the Collectors Pack, contains a selection of 32 orchestrated tracks from Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- composed by Yoko Shimomura, featuring iconic songs like "Dearly Beloved", "Lazy Afternoons", "Scherzo Di Notte", and more! Check the track list out below: 

KINGDOM HEARTS-HD 1.5 ReMIX-

01. Dearly Beloved
02. Destiny Islands
03. Traverse Town
04. To Our Surprise
05. Go for It!
06. Deep Jungle
07. Winnie the Pooh
08. A Day in Agrabah
09. Monstrous Monstro
10. Under the Sea
11. This is Halloween
12. Pirate's Gigue
13. Hollow Bastion
14. Fragments of Sorrow
15. Guardando nel buio

KINGDOM HEARTS-HD 2.5 ReMIX-

16. Lazy Afternoons
17. Working Together
18. Scherzo Di Notte
19. Waltz of the Damned
20. Fields of Honor
21. The Underworld
22. Monochrome Dreams
23. Bounce-O-Rama
24. He's a Pirate
25. Arabian Dream
26. Spooks of Halloween Town
27. What A Surprise?!
28. Adventures in the Savannah
29. Byte Bashing
30. Deep Anxiety
31. Sacred Moon
32. The Other Promise

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- will release in Japan on October 2nd 2014 and December 2nd 2014 in North America.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitterTumblr and Google+ for all the latest news on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- and Kingdom Hearts 3! 

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Now this just makes more impatient waiting for 2.5. I need to listen to the new remastered tracks as soon as possible!

And just look at the box and its contents. I know it's not the first time we see it, but aren't they just gorgeous?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
(Please keep in mind this is just a sampler and the full 2.5 OST that is sold separately will probably have all of the tracks from 2.5)

Pestilence

Awards
The remastered tracks is the thing I'm probably most excited about in 2.5. Luckily it's only 2,5 (pun not intended) months away from JPN release and by then the soundtrack will be ripped online so we don't have to wait till December at least. Perhaps SE releases some samples before October too if we are lucky.

The thing that surprises me is that AFAIK they don't have any plans to release the soundtrack of 1.5? Before I was certain they would release it together with 2.5.
Awwwww, I was hoping that Destiny's Union made the cut... Oh well... At least they got Winnie the Pooh x3

I don't think they will bother redoing any of the BBS songs.

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Wait, they needed a Blu-ray for a sampler? LOL!

Princess Marina

I am getting so annoyed right now, I am trying to pre-order the collectors edition with the figure but the log in screen with the One-Time Password is annoying I don't know how to get one and keeps going on about buying this Square Enix tag thing :/

Does anyone have any advice to use the E-Store??

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The thing that surprises me is that AFAIK they don't have any plans to release the soundtrack of 1.5? Before I was certain they would release it together with 2.5.

It is possible they might release one after 2.5's OST. It is strange, though.

Wait, they needed a Blu-ray for a sampler? LOL!

If they are FLAC quality files (plus the mp3 files that are also usually on the disk), then they would have never fit on a regular CD.

I am getting so annoyed right now, I am trying to pre-order the collectors edition with the figure but the log in screen with the One-Time Password is annoying I don't know how to get one and keeps going on about buying this Square Enix tag thing :/

Does anyone have any advice to use the E-Store??

Uh...I wish I could help but my JPN account actually got rerouted to the English portal (for stuff like FFXIV, MogStation, FFXI) even though I registered this via SEM Japan. xD

But, from what I am reading, you need to buy/have Crysta to be able to order the Collectors Pack.

Which means having a Japanese debit/credit card. And Japanese address.

Too few...

Is the 2.5 soundtrack really happening?

Yes, the 2.5 OST is happening. It is listed on the product page on the official website, but it does not yet have a product page for itself. Yu will notice that the music sampler has a...meager selection without any of the bigger songs so they definitely intend for people to want to buy the full OST rather than giving them all of the best songs on the sampler.

I'm just more pleased we are getting 1.5 songs on any official disk, which gives me hope for a 1.5 OST in the future.

Last edited:

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
If they are FLAC quality files (plus the mp3 files that are also usually on the disk), then they would have never fit on a regular CD.

That's not my point though. It's a music selection. Most people who care about the music from these games will get the full soundtracks anyway. It would have made more sense to just release a proper audio CD with Shimomura's favourite selections. The original soundtracks had 40-50 tracks per disc, so 32 would be doable. But even if every track had been needlessly extended to go on for more than it had to, it's still just a selection. 24 or 32 tracks - doesn't really matter much to people who really care about the music.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes, the 2.5 OST is happening. It is listed on the product page on the official website, but it does not yet have a product page for itself. Yu will notice that the music sampler has a...meager selection without any of the bigger songs so they definitely intend for people to want to buy the full OST rather than giving them all of the best songs on the sampler.

I'm just more pleased we are getting 1.5 songs on any official disk, which gives me hope for a 1.5 OST in the future.

Thanks.

Is this it?

It's a picture and Google translate doesn't work on it.

Does it state the medium it's gonna be on (BD/CD)?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's not my point though. It's a music selection. Most people who care about the music from these games will get the full soundtracks anyway. It would have made more sense to just release a proper audio CD with Shimomura's favourite selections. The original soundtracks had 40-50 tracks per disc, so 32 would be doable. But even if every track had been needlessly extended to go on for more than it had to, it's still just a selection. 24 or 32 tracks - doesn't really matter much to people who really care about the music.

For all we know, this is Shimomura's "favorite selections".

Except these kinds of luxury items are really expensive in Japan (5,400 Yen on average for a BD album). I think I get what you mean now, but I'm thinking they were thinking quality of sound over the amount of songs to put on a disk.

If they were going to give them more songs, the CE would have been much more expensive than it already is.

Thanks.

Is this it?

It's a picture and Google translate doesn't work on it.

Does it state the medium it's gonna be on (BD/CD)?

There are currently no details on the OST beyond the fact it exists. I'd assume it'd be a BD like the music sampler...

Sdog

Awards
0-0 must have, such beauty, want so badly... O someone please tell me this is coming to US! This is something I'd have bronzed and put in a time capsule. =p

FangirlfromHell

Awards
I don't think they will bother redoing any of the BBS songs.

I think they will since they did redo the music for everything else in the first HD Remix. It would only make sense for them to do new renditions for BBS as well. Whether they actually don't, BBS had possibly the best soundtrack in the franchise (if you are a sucker for violins like me).

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think they will since they did redo the music for everything else in the first HD Remix. It would only make sense for them to do new renditions for BBS as well. Whether they actually don't, BBS had possibly the best soundtrack in the franchise (if you are a sucker for violins like me).

BBS was already done with real instruments and then streamed in-game, so there isn't as much of a necessity for the music to be redone. I'm sure maybe some of the music has been upgraded since there's this weird info ban on it and no one is allowed to comment on anything but the obvious, but if it's still the same, it'd be no surprise.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
The tracks of Re:CoM were not redone, actually, except for Lord of the Castle. Because of this, I'm not yet disregarding the possibility of BbS tracks not being reorchestrated.

I remember hearing somewhere that although a few BbS tracks were indeed recorded with live instruments, most of them are a mix of live instruments and synthesisers. It might only be a pipe dream of mine, but it would be awesome if the BbS tracks... all of them, if possible, are also redone.

Antar

Awards
I'm fine with BBS music being kept the same, I just can't wait to hear the orchestrated KH2 tracks! :3

Square2

Awards
Is there ever a chance that amazing bundles like this wI'll be available for regions other than Japan? I know we can order them and get Japanese versions, but will there ever be a super-spectacular CE for NA? I guess if anything, we'd be waiting for KH3, but who knows when that will be :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back