• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Mysteries Continues Onward!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Update: We've just received an update that the Kingdom Hearts Mysteries collaboration will continue and the first episode will be debuting on Saturday at the event as planned! It will be online next Friday.

The original article can be read here below:

We regret to inform you that Kingdom Hearts Mysteries, our collaborative project with GameTrailers.com, has been postponed indefinitely as of this week.

This is due to unforseen layoffs at Defy Media, the owners of GameTrailers, which took place a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, this means that their PAX South panel due for this Saturday, where our first episode detailing time travel in the Kingdom Hearts series was going to be premiered, has been cancelled.

As of now it is uncertain whether our collaborative project will ever resume production, although a number of episodes have already been written, with one having nearly finished production before the layoffs took place.

Our thoughts go out to those who lost their jobs and we wish them all the best in their future endeavours.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts Mysteries postponed indefinitely

Well that blows. :(

Those videos would have been really helpful and everyone must've worked hard on them. Hopefully the ex-staff can bounce back quick though.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

An unfortunate thing indeed. :( Losing a job is pretty bad, and I was really looking forward for this collaborative. Well, such is life.

Dark Wing

Awards

I was anticipating this since yesterday. Was really hoping it wouldn't come to this but I guess it can't be helped. This really sucks...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

This is definitely one of the more fun things I've been able to be involved with thanks to KHI so I'm very sad that this has happened, especially so close to the premiere.

Though how that feels is nothing compared to losing a job, especially a job so unique like working for GT. I've lost a job before due to store closure and my heart goes out to everyone. :c

Sdog

Awards

Such a shame, it's never fun seeing a project being cancelled and people losing work in the process. Here's hoping that they all can bounce back on their feet and find happy work.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It's a real shame, especially since GT has lost a lot of very integral staff. That time travel episode looked very good too, if the rough cut was any indicator.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

We've just received an update that the collaboration is continuing and the first episode will debut on Saturday as planned!

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

We've just received an update that the collaboration is continuing and the first episode will debut on Saturday as planned!

Great news! Glad to hear it's still going forward. :D However, I still feel sorry for the workers that were laid off. Best of luck to them, and I'll catch the collaboration on Saturday if I can. c:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Great news! Glad to hear it's still going forward. :D However, I still feel sorry for the workers that were laid off. Best of luck to them, and I'll catch the collaboration on Saturday if I can. c:

Sorry, to clarify, you can only watch it on Saturday at GameTrailer's panel at PAX South. If you're not in attendance, you'll have to wait until next Friday for it to be uploaded online.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
A quick question: If I have understood correctly, there are to ways to time travel. The Merlin`s way using magic, and Xehanort`s way by discarding you flesh and becoming a heart. Do you plan explaining the whole time travel stuff, by tackling these both methods in one video? If so it must be quite long. :) Really looking forward for this.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
A quick question: If I have understood correctly, there are to ways to time travel. The Merlin`s way using magic, and Xehanort`s way by discarding you flesh and becoming a heart. Do you plan explaining the whole time travel stuff, by tackling these both methods in one video? If so it must be quite long. :) Really looking forward for this.
We'll be focusing on Xehanort's method since that's the one that's causing confusion, though we do go into Merlin's method briefly (but that can literally be summed into "a wizard did it".)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
We'll be focusing on Xehanort's method since that's the one that's causing confusion, though we do go into Merlin's method briefly (but that can literally be summed into "a wizard did it".)

All right thanks. Friday can`t come any sooner!

Heh. The Merlin part is practically what happened. Merlin came, waved his hands, and poof, back in time you go. :D All though I remember in the Disney`s movie version Merlin could travel trough time, so it kind of makes sense why he is able to do it.

SmilingMuse35

I hope that the third episode of "Kingdom Hearts Mysteries" comes soon. I really enjoyed watching the first 2 episodes.

Unclear_Motive

I hope that the third episode of "Kingdom Hearts Mysteries" comes soon. I really enjoyed watching the first 2 episodes.

I second this. It has been over a month since the last one :/ I am a pretty patient person so I don't mind waiting, however, I really enjoyed the last two videos that I am eagerly awaiting the next one :D

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I second this. It has been over a month since the last one :/ I am a pretty patient person so I don't mind waiting, however, I really enjoyed the last two videos that I am eagerly awaiting the next one :D

So sorry to have kept you guys waiting. The Easter holidays unfortunately delayed it a bit, but you can watch Episode 3 here: Kingdom Hearts Mysteries Episode 3 - Xehanort's Ambitions - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

I'm actually really flattered that you liked the previous two episodes. Thank you so much and I hope you like the third one as well. We put A LOT of effort into it :D

Unclear_Motive

So sorry to have kept you guys waiting. The Easter holidays unfortunately delayed it a bit, but you can watch Episode 3 here: Kingdom Hearts Mysteries Episode 3 - Xehanort's Ambitions - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

I'm actually really flattered that you liked the previous two episodes. Thank you so much and I hope you like the third one as well. We put A LOT of effort into it :D

The latest one was just as great and informational as the last two! I'm a little sad that the next episode will be the last, but I completely understand why it has to be. I can't wait till next month!

Back