• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Mysteries Episode 3 - Xehanort's Ambitions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

The third episode of Kingdom Hearts Mysteries, our collaborative series with GameTrailers.com, is now live for your viewing pleasure.

This collaboration was first announced back in December, where we've been working on videos that shed light on the deeper mysteries and plot twists of the series in order to help keep everyone on track for the upcoming release of Kingdom Hearts 3.

In this episode we focused on the antagonist, Xehanort, and his true goals. Why did he become the dark seeker we've fought so many times and what exactly has he been trying to achieve? From Young Xehanort, to Terra-Xehanort and beyond! All that and more was carefully examined so be sure to watch and tell us how you liked it in the comments below.

If you missed our last episode, which covered the connections Sora shares with others, you can watch it here.

Our final episode will go over everything we've learned about the browser game Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] and its significance for not only Kingdom Hearts 3, but the entire series as well.

Make sure to follow us on social media to keep up to date with more info on our collaboration!

Gametrailers.com [Twitter] [Youtube] [Facebook] [Tumblr]
KHInsider.com [Twitter] [Youtube] [Facebook] [Tumblr]

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Re: Kingdom Hearts Mysteries Episode 3 - Xehanort's Ambitions

That was a great installment and it answeed something that was on my mind. I had a feeling Xehanort knows Aqua sealed Ven in Castle Oblivion, but doesn't have the means to open it, so does it mean the said that is Terra is looking for Aqua?

Riku-KH

Sometimes Destiny Islands. other times Twilight to

Cool! These videos explain a lot. I'll see how much he knows about Xehanort. He seems to be a pretty complex character, along with a lot of kh people.
I'm going to ne very sad watching it though... It's going to remind me of his voice.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That was a great installment and it answeed something that was on my mind. I had a feeling Xehanort knows Aqua sealed Ven in Castle Oblivion, but doesn't have the means to open it, so does it mean the said that is Terra is looking for Aqua?

That is the mystery~ How much of Terra was influencing Xemnas and how much of it was Xehanort? We don't know so it is up to all of us to guess.

Cool! These videos explain a lot. I'll see how much he knows about Xehanort. He seems to be a pretty complex character, along with a lot of kh people.

Xehanort is a ball of complexity.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

That is the mystery~ How much of Terra was influencing Xemnas and how much of it was Xehanort? We don't know so it is up to all of us to guess.

Xehanort is a ball of complexity.

I think while Terra subconsciously is looking for Aqua and Ventus, Xehanort is after them, he knows how to play with the heart. Use it against them and he stops two of the people in his way. Aqua only stopped him because Terra was her friend, and I mean just friend. Ven would not want to hurt Terra either, he has his own leverage with them because they don't know that Terra's fusion made all this mess because Aqua gave up her keyblade and armor for him. And Sora's group don' know Terra and Xehanort are connected, but Mickey and Riku know Master Xehanort has one of three missing friends on his side. Makes you wonder if Xehanort will use Terra's feelings for his friends to get rid of them?

SoraForeverKH

Glad to see the next episode is finished. I just watched the 2nd video again a couple days ago, and that reminded me how good it really was. When it announced the next one would be about Master Xehanort, all I could think about was how much I'm going to miss his voice being provided by Leonard Nimoy in KH III. I just know this episode is gonna make me start crying... Whenever I watch a video of MX I want to cry. But am looking forward to the secrets that might be revealed in it. Like RikuKH mentioned above, Xehanort is a VERY complex character in the series. I definitely agree with that!
Thanks for finishing and giving us another KH mystery episode!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Makes you wonder if Xehanort will use Terra's feelings for his friends to get rid of them?

Xehanort doesn't even want to "get rid" of them as they can be still useful to him for reaching his goals.
What Xehanort wants is the clash between the 7 and 13 to happen to recreate the X-blade, thus calling on the true Kingdom Hearts as well as giving the starting shots for a new Keyblade War (once the X-blade is in existence again, people's greed to obtain it can be reawakened and a new war started).
For this matter, Xehanort may actually use his leverage over Terra to force Aqua and Ven to go along with his plans to a degree.

---

As for the video, it was excellently put together. Clear to the point and stating facts without slipping in anything that can be seen as pure interpretation.
Points that are still murky and unclear like any (possible) influence Terra might have had on Xemnas are declared as such with emphasis.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

See, this is why Kingdom Hearts is my favorite video game series. Once you gather all the plot points, lay them out, and have them explained in a clear and concise manner, you realize the depth and intricacy of the series' story and just how fantastic of a tale it really is. The problem is that the way in which the story is given to the player while playing the game is what makes it seem so incredibly confusing. But again, this video shows that once you figure it all out, it's brilliant. Although I know many who would disagree, but to each his own.

Amazing job, you guys. Definitely my favorite of the three thus far. Sad that there's only one more. I wish you guys would make like 10 of these, but I'm sure they take a long time and whatnot. Can't wait for the Chi episode.

Also, did anyone else LOL at the way the narrator pronounced "Saix"?

"SAYKS"

WaveK89

Well, I have to say, I really liked this episode. A minor complaint I had for the previous two episodes is that all this information was being pushed so fast, but he really took his time speaking in this episode. This made a bit easier to follow. This episode really gives a really nice perspective on Xehanort's ambitions.

DoctahFaz

Awards

Great job. It's also think it is an excellent idea to conclude with Chi since I don't really know too much about it yet it is important since it seems to have some details for KH3 such as the founders and the book of prophecy.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Also, did anyone else LOL at the way the narrator pronounced "Saix"?

"SAYKS"
Oh god, such an effort was made to write out names phonetically but of course a mispronunciation slipped through lol.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I cried at the start of the video. ;~;
Another awesome video, guys. The best one yet! The other two I felt went too fast and jumped around a little, but this one did neither. It was very clear and to the point.
I figured you guys would end with Chi. And I hope the video will get more people to give it the attention that it deserves.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

While I already knew everything that was still a really cool video like always, I really look forward to next episode though as I haven't look at anything X related except the stuff you've put on the main page (not counting the regular updates).

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

In my opinion this was the best episode so far as it wasn't as complicated as making sense of the time traveling mechanics and not all over the place as Sora's connections to others. It followed Xehanort's ambitions throughout all the games and added important pieces of information from the interviews here and there to show the deeper meaning behind his goals and their similarities.

I'm really looking forward to the [chi] episode but since the story updates became more spare in the last weeks I'm not sure if it's already enough for a 20 minutes episode. The next interesting story update will probably happen around the game's 2nd anniversary in July.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

I'm really looking forward to the [chi] episode but since the story updates became more spare in the last weeks I'm not sure if it's already enough for a 20 minutes episode. The next interesting story update will probably happen around the game's 2nd anniversary in July.

Sad but true. If we get any story updates at all, it will probably be some generic "off with their heads" with the Queen of Hearts.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Excellent video as always! :thumbsup:

This video made it seem as if Terra is conscious inside Xemnas and is playing along with Xehanort in order to regain his lost friends. But does MX know that Terra could be playing inside Xemnas? I say yes and no. Xehanort is conscious that Terra is in his numbers, but is he in control of him? Does he think that he is controlling Terra, or does he know Terra is acting to be Xemnas in order to get Aqua and Ven back?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

This video made it seem as if Terra is conscious inside Xemnas and is playing along with Xehanort in order to regain his lost friends. But does MX know that Terra could be playing inside Xemnas? I say yes and no. Xehanort is conscious that Terra is in his numbers, but is he in control of him? Does he think that he is controlling Terra, or does he know Terra is acting to be Xemnas in order to get Aqua and Ven back?

Err no, the video explicitly pointed out that it is a murky/unclear issue with no true answer so far.
It pointed out the instances that could be signs of Terra-influence (or rather, influence from Terra-memories that Xemnas holds), but it never presented it as fact that Xemnas actually was acting under Terra's active influence in any way.

hlc1988

Awards

Another interesting video. It's lined things out nice and simple - a lot easier to understand.

It is implied in the video that Ansem SOD deliberately targeted Riku because of Terra's memories - at least I think they are implying this, without directly saying it without more confirmation. They also say that when Ansem the Wise's machine exploded in KH2, it purged Riku of the heart of Xehanort - or the piece of it that remained - but I couldn't help but remember something Young Xehanort said to Riku in DDD... "you really have found a way to trap darkness inside your heart" or something like that anyway. Makes me wonder if that piece is still there... just now completely trapped.

This episode has given me a lot to think about and its cleared up a few things for me to. Looking forward to the next installment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back