• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Disney characters sound like they're acting and sound like they were written. Original characters sound like they're reciting in a soundstage from placeholder lines that are to be delivered to actual writers for re-writes before handing over to the VAs.

disney233

Awards
I feel like I said this before, but if Maleficent lost control of the Heartless....couldn't she legit not go back to her other army at home? I mean as far as I'm concerned, Enchanted Dominion is back from darkness. So, odds are so is her dominion, as well as her army of goons that are legit high in numbers. I mean...she had that opportunity...rather than just relying on a bumbling idiot like Pete. (still love the dude but c'mon.) I mean look how many there are!
htf_imgcache_34979.jpeg
And she's (I think) the ones who created them, is she not? So if they're defeated, she could just conjure up more. She lost control of the Heartless, big deal...she HAS an army back at home! But instead of reusing them just like before....She uses Pete.

D

Deleted member 252753

I feel like I said this before, but if Maleficent lost control of the Heartless....couldn't she legit not go back to her other army at home? I mean as far as I'm concerned, Enchanted Dominion is back from darkness. So, odds are so is her dominion, as well as her army of goons that are legit high in numbers. I mean...she had that opportunity...rather than just relying on a bumbling idiot like Pete. (still love the dude but c'mon.) I mean look how many there are!
View attachment 12901
And she's (I think) the ones who created them, is she not? So if they're defeated, she could just conjure up more. She lost control of the Heartless, big deal...she HAS an army back at home! But instead of reusing them just like before....She uses Pete.
Well, I think in the film the Goons are shown to be extremely incompetent, maybe even more so than Pete (they spend 16 years after Aurora's birth searching for a baby the whole time) and Maleficent finds them very annoying to the point of attacking them. And if their numbers made them since a formidable force, I guess she would have been able to take over Enchanted Dominion without the Heartless so maybe they aren't that useful. I couldn't find anything saying Maleficent created them though I am happy to be corrected. So perhaps even if she could retrieve them she didn't see the point. My chosen headcanon is that Maleficent made them turn into Heartless to better serve her.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
To continue what Dast said, Pete's actually not as incompetent as they make him out to be. It's just he's never going to beat Sora so he always loses. But still he gathered the likes of Hades, Barbossa, and Scar working with them, wore down Hercules of all people until Sora and crew return to help and this was before Hercules was depressed mind you, almost changed the future of Disney Castle, had Merlin not been there they would have been powerless to stop him, and he knows his own form of magic and can summon Heartless. Pete's not perfect but I think he's a big step up from Maleficent's generic goons.

With that said, I do wonder why she doesn't use them. I mean the Heartless are overall better due to them coming in different sizes and power levels, but right now she shouldn't be picky.

D

Deleted member 252753

Come to think of it, maybe you can explain why she doesn't bring her Goons with her. Aren't the Corridors of Darkness supposed to corrupt those who traverse them? So maybe the weak hearted goons wouldn't survive traveling between worlds that way.

disney233

Awards
Come to think of it, maybe you can explain why she doesn't bring her Goons with her. Aren't the Corridors of Darkness supposed to corrupt those who traverse them? So maybe the weak hearted goons wouldn't survive traveling between worlds that way.
I assume that the Goons are denizens of darkness as well. Being Maleficent's goons I assume there are some who are weak-hearted and some who can at least withstand them. Just like the Heartless, the creatures do vary in strength and size. But all in all, maybe I'm giving them too much credit, especially compared to Pete who...was ACTUALLY able to hurt a DEMIGOD, now that I'm thinkig about it. Still, as said above she's really in no position to be picky about an army she already owns when she currently doesn't have one and is CLEARLY showing signs of desperation after she lost her council, her castle, and now her power over the Heartless.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
There needs to be a episode where Maleficent is trying to get them to go through the Corridors of Darkness, and they expire every time they go in, much to her frustration. Either that or she tries to find Organization coats for them to wear, lol.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Maleficent had a ship of her own off-screen in KH1. A shame Nomura forgot he ever said that.

disney233

Awards
Maleficent had a ship of her own off-screen in KH1. A shame Nomura forgot he ever said that.
.....This is new knowledge, Where did that come from? I thought the only vessel between that travels between worlds the villains got was the Jolly Roger.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
.....This is new knowledge, Where did that come from? I thought the only vessel between that travels between worlds the villains got was the Jolly Roger.
I'm unable to track down the source of this info at the moment. But the enemies in KH1's gummiship mode were other gummiships piloted by heartless so there's no reason Maleficent couldn't just borrow 1 of those.

disney233

Awards
I'm unable to track down the source of this info at the moment. But the enemies in KH1's gummiship mode were other gummiships piloted by heartless so there's no reason Maleficent couldn't just borrow 1 of those.
I just assume she either takes the Jolly Roger for travel or using the Dark Corridors. She's a witch after. It kinda makes more sense to me than like...imagining her manning and commanding a Heartless spaceship. Not sure why.

Back