• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
How Sora and Roxas are supposed to look exactly the same in universe, but it's only mentioned twice. Riku couldn't look at Roxas and tell.
How Heartless were retconned.

Guernsey

Awards
I know this has been said before I really think that Xehanort could had concocted his plan his without that horrible time travel plot.

disney233

Awards
050d70eefd8bc264531492d5e2f73f6e2eff7e-wm.jpg

Has proven to be completely pointless because 'world barriers' don't mean shit in this game anymore. Just like death.

DaYRknLVMAAHXUx.jpg

Yet the entire series calls for their meddling.

Any

Awards
Terra-nort harming the guardians....I truly despised how it was exhibited or set up to be. It was a wreck and made the characters look incompetent

Aqua wasn't doing anything and was in the background....just remaining there while Ventus was executed. Essentially nobody minded that Ven got killed. Riku and Mickey did nothing either. I didn't expect anything from Kairi. Sora embracing Kairi as opposed to hindering the attack..... The individuals who attempted to stop Terranort were Lea, Donald, and Goofy.

I hated it.

Veevee

Awards
It still pisses me off enormously that people are trying to excuse Kairi's lack of inclusion with "she didn't have proper training, she couldn't". KH1 starts of with Sora having the keyblade appear in his damn hand and he has to fight a heartless the size of a building immediately, also countless swarm heartless and even manages to team off with two complete strangers and beat up another giant heartless immediately. Riku basically taught himself everything and even kinda taught himself magic. Of course, I don't expect Yen Sid to just throw Kairi into a huge heartless fight, but she could've done what was done in BBS: Travel the worlds, help the people, learn and train from and with different people and if something ever became too dangerous, Lea could've jumped in (at least with his Chakrams he was among the top powerful Orga members) or Yen Sid / Merlin could've watched and busted them out. Also, they were in a friggin hyperbolic time chamber and had access to data clones of basically everything, so Kairi could've fought every enemy in existence for YEARS. I don't blame her for being scared of Terranort; I blame the writers for locking her in the training thing (which was never even remotely being shown), writing one-sided love letters to someone that she is never going to send and completely being made a plot device that didn't even have enough personality to even make the characters care (looking at you, Riku, Axel and Mickey). Yeah. There was nothing to be done about all that.

disney233

Awards
Should've been Roxas & Xion as Sora's party members against Ansem, Xemnas, & YX. Then it would've been all the Soras vs. all the Xehanorts.
Too many characters had a bone to pick with each Xehanort and they probably didn't think it was 'fair' to have all....13? (idfk or care anymore) party members against three or one dude.

Continuing THAT nitpick, I'd like to say....the matchups in the Keyblade Graveyard made no sense. Long ago people speculated solo battles with all 13 members like Ven vs Vanitas, or Riku vs Ansem, or Aqua vs Terranort. Where tf was that? People would complain that solo battles have been done to death in this series, but this...gangup nonsense with matchups that made no sense is okay? Why is Mickey fighting Larxene, Marluxia, & Luxord? What does Xigbar have to do with Riku? Could've just been Riku vs Repliku and be done with it.

Also, the 13 darknesses make no sense as well. Are they just an excuse for Nomura to bring back those 'fan favorites?'" 'New Organization' my ass, it's LITERALLY the same cast -3. DEMYX & VEXEN HAD LITTLE TO NO RELEVANCE, TOO WHY ARE THEY BACK?!

Makes it even worse because Nomura just HAD to bring them back for the sake of tying them into the 'distant past' BECAUSE IT'S OH SOOOOOO NECESSARY TO TIE EVERYONE INTO THE AGE OF FAIRY TALES!

Remember this meme?
1e391efc2e861a1edc2269b1a1cef61b.jpg

Now it's basically Everyone is Riku. Everyone else is from the Distant Past. The 13 we got...BARELY even have any changes between them that signify that their hearts in ANY way connected to Xehanort. It's LITERALLY just the eyes.

As Larxene puts it: It's LITERALLY Organization Rehash, but with yellow eyes and 3 gone.

Veevee

Awards
Continuing THAT nitpick, I'd like to say....the matchups in the Keyblade Graveyard made no sense. Long ago people speculated solo battles with all 13 members like Ven vs Vanitas, or Riku vs Ansem, or Aqua vs Terranort. Where tf was that? People would complain that solo battles have been done to death in this series, but this...gangup nonsense with matchups that made no sense is okay? Why is Mickey fighting Larxene, Marluxia, & Luxord? What does Xigbar have to do with Riku? Could've just been Riku vs Repliku and be done with it.

Also, the 13 darknesses make no sense as well. Are they just an excuse for Nomura to bring back those 'fan favorites?'" 'New Organization' my ass, it's LITERALLY the same cast -3. DEMYX & VEXEN HAD LITTLE TO NO RELEVANCE, TOO WHY ARE THEY BACK?!

Makes it even worse because Nomura just HAD to bring them back for the sake of tying them into the 'distant past' BECAUSE IT'S OH SOOOOOO NECESSARY TO TIE EVERYONE INTO THE AGE OF FAIRY TALES!

Remember this meme?

Now it's basically Everyone is Riku. Everyone else is from the Distant Past. The 13 we got...BARELY even have any changes between them that signify that their hearts in ANY way connected to Xehanort. It's LITERALLY just the eyes.

As Larxene puts it: It's LITERALLY Organization Rehash, but with yellow eyes and 3 gone.

I am one of the people who wanted matchup group fights, but not like we got them .. as many others, I imagined them in a way of personal, emotional battles with a great payoff and well, not like Sora butting in every fight and one person dies, stop for cutscene, resume battle.

I also remember that Nomura claimed the Norts wouldn't only consist of people you'd expect. Well, before that one trailer no one expected Xion (that made little sense anyway) ... the rest was pretty much the old Organisation, the red herring Dark Aqua and a ton of different Xehanorts. What a surprise.

And the age of fairytales thing is so awful. It makes me so mad. Just don't get some characters back into the story, a lot of these aren't even fan favorites - I highly doubt that Larxene, Luxord or Demyx (despite having some fans) are huge fan favorites and even if they are, plan your story in a way that makes sense and not in one where you look for fan wishes - Kairi with personality was a huge fan wish, btw.

Also, this "self-aware funny thing" pisses me off in retrospect. Yeah, I laughed at Larxene's snappy comment about Organisation Rehash and yes, it was funny, but in retrospect it kinda makes me mad because she is so right. It IS Organisation Rehash and again, they didn't get much screentime, personality or backstory and they even contradicted the "unfit candidate" lore piece, so the whole thing was completely pointless and again, reduced them to mere pawns. But fear not! We already threw them into the stupid confusing mobile game so we can start off the new saga with not only new characters, but basically all of the old ones (-Xehanorts), but fear not, no one ever dies, so I wouldn't be surprised if Xehanort was somehow also back.

I wish the Age of Fairytales stayed a legend or at least, self-contained, that means no time-hopping, no characters from the present included, no confusing data vision worlds, a simple well-crafted war story for once.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Should've been Roxas & Xion as Sora's party members against Ansem, Xemnas, & YX. Then it would've been all the Soras vs. all the Xehanorts.

Xehanort: This is all I wanted Sora! All of you against all of me!
It's too bad Heartless Sora isn't a thing, because then it could have been 4 on 4. Or squeeze Data Sora in that fight too.

I'm going to also agree with Veevee about the Organization member choices. Honestly I don't think I've liked a single thing Marluxia and Larxene have done since they returned. A shame since I really liked Larxene in COM. But between them being old Keyblade Wielders this whole time, and being in the new Organization when they make no sense at all, it's frustrating. Luxord at least makes some kind of sense, because while he wasn't anything special battle wise, he was loyal to the original Organization. It's why I scratch my head when Marluxia and Larxene, the two traitors are in but Xaldin isn't? Not that I wanted him in, but he makes more sense then those two and Demyx. Like seriously.

I'm fine with the old Org being in KH3, but make them their own little faction or something. This is why I liked Ienzo's role in KH3. It's just troubling to see the schemers of Castle Oblivion now working with Xehanort and there not even being brainwashed like Riku Replica and Xion were, or even possessed like a Terranort. Which means they are free to back stab whenever they want, and they never do. Isn't that the whole point of Xehanort putting his heart pieces into his 13 seekers? And yeah, Xemnas "unfit members" quote doesn't mean squat now. A lot of things from both DDD and ReCoded did not carry over to KH3 :(

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
It's just troubling to see the schemers of Castle Oblivion now working with Xehanort and there not even being brainwashed like Riku Replica and Xion were, or even possessed like a Terranort. Which means they are free to back stab whenever they want, and they never do.
Exactly. Nothing was stopping Larxene and Marluxia, who didn't even want to be there in the first place, from betraying Xehanort, or even just walking away altogether. Hell, Larxene even suggest outright that they attempt another coup, because why in the world would they want to lose their agency to Xehanort? No literally, this is exactly what she says:
To this day I still have no clue why fuck they didn't go through with it. The worst that would happen is they get their Nobodies destroyed for "betrayal", but they'll just be re-completed (and even randomly get their memories back because convenience and, ya know... the plot says so) anyway.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Exactly. Nothing was stopping Larxene and Marluxia, who didn't even want to be there in the first place, from betraying Xehanort, or even just walking away altogether. Hell, Larxene even suggest outright that they attempt another coup, because why in the world would they want to lose their agency to Xehanort? No literally, this is exactly what she says:
To this day I still have no clue why fuck they didn't go through with it. The worst that would happen is they get their Nobodies destroyed for "betrayal", but they'll just be re-completed (and even randomly get their memories back because convenience) anyway.

It's such a shame. I was one of the people back when Marluxia was first revealed with his normal eye colors who thought he was going to be doing his own thing with his own Organization that was against both Sora and Xehanort's forces. I was actually thrilled at that idea, because Maleficent just wasn't cutting it at the time. Nope he's on Xehanort's side with Larxene. We don't even know why he joined. Larxene at least gave a reason, lame as it was. It's just weird they would be selected and not put under some kind of influence like Terra is and what they were going to do to Sora. But then I have to remember that they are trying to fit them in more with their Union X background stuff rather then what made them cool villains in COM. And it just feels like they made Demyx a reserve because they had nothing for him to even do in the game. You could take him out and the game would be fine. And this is coming from a Demyx fan too!

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
It's such a shame. I was one of the people back when Marluxia was first revealed with his normal eye colors who thought he was going to be doing his own thing with his own Organization that was against both Sora and Xehanort's forces. I was actually thrilled at that idea, because Maleficent just wasn't cutting it at the time. Nope he's on Xehanort's side with Larxene. We don't even know why he joined. Larxene at least gave a reason, lame as it was. It's just weird they would be selected and not put under some kind of influence like Terra is and what they were going to do to Sora. But then I have to remember that they are trying to fit them in more with their Union X background stuff rather then what made them cool villains in COM. And it just feels like they made Demyx a reserve because they had nothing for him to even do in the game. You could take him out and the game would be fine. And this is coming from a Demyx fan too!
Ya know what? Despite how lukewarm I've always been about Marluxia (despite my name), him creating his own faction honestly sounds like a pretty sweet idea. Or at the very least, just an active duo of him and Larxene would be interesting enough, and still has a lot of potential as a villain group. Especially compared to their characterization in the broken, trainwreck of a narrative we got in KH3 proper.

There's no logistical reason or benefit that would explain why Larxene and Marluxia would willing join Xehanort. They have no agenda of their own at this time, and such a choice would inevitably lead to them becoming full Xehanort clones and kissing their freewill goodbye. It's a lose-lose situation. And we can't even say Xehanort used their memories as leverage to coax them into it, because we see Xemnas reveal it to them for the first time mid-game.

The only logical conclusion is that they were physically forced into it to some degree, but even then, as I said before, nothing was really stopping them from backing out of the problem any time they felt like it. Which would've been the Wise decision, but I guess they just love fucking with Sora and co. too much. *Shrugs*

In regards to to Xemnas' diologue about the members in DDD, it was virtually retconned out of existence. Take that cutscene I posted for instance: Marluxia claims that Xehanort doesn't care about the individual, and by extension their past qualities. He's just interested in their bodies... Which is creepy in way, lol. At the end of the day, the 13 could've been anyone. Even 12 empty replicas with no soul... Oh, wait!

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Ya know what? Despite how lukewarm I've always been about Marluxia (despite my name), him creating his own faction honestly sounds like a pretty sweet idea. Or at the very least, just an active duo of him and Larxene would be interesting enough, and still has a lot of potential as a villain group. Especially compared to their characterization in the broken, trainwreck of a narrative we got in KH3 proper.

There's no logistical reason or benefit that would explain why Larxene and Marluxia would willing join Xehanort. They have no agenda of their own at this time, and such a choice would inevitably lead to them becoming full Xehanort clones and kissing their freewill goodbye. It's a lose-lose situation. And we can't even say Xehanort used their memories as leverage to coax them into it, because we see Xemnas reveal it to them for the first time mid-game.

The only logical conclusion is that they were physically forced into it to some degree, but even then, as I said before, nothing was really stopping them from backing out of the problem any time they felt like it. Which would've been the Wise decision, but I guess they just love fucking with Sora and co. too much. *Shrugs*

In regards to to Xemnas' diologue about the members in DDD, it was virtually retconned out of existence. Take that cutscene I posted for instance: Marluxia claims that Xehanort doesn't care about the individual, and by extension their past qualities. He's just interested in their bodies... Which is creepy in way, lol. At the end of the day, the 13 could've been anyone. Even 12 empty replicas with no soul... Oh, wait!

I've never been a huge DDD fan, It's always just been "okay" for me, but I actually did like the whole idea of a new Organization of hand selected vessels that Xehanort wanted. DDD made it seem like it was a selective rare group of people or stages in Xehanort's life (I wanted baby Xehanort so badly) and Xemnas's line really sold that. But come KH3 it just feels like they got lazy and brought most of the originals back and the most untrustworthy ones with full free will. I know Xemnas gives a excuse about their Keyblade legacy, which I currently hate, is why they were selected. But it still bugs me that three people (Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx) are even options but loyal members Zexion, Lexaeus, and Xaldin aren't? Why?!

And this creates another problem. So Xemnas says he choose numbers 9-12 for the original Organization due to their Keyblade legacy thing. That means Xemnas has known about them since COM, Days, and KH2. If so then why are they constantly in need of Keyblade wielders when six of them are already tied to Keyblades? Why go through all these lengths to get their own version of Sora if they can use Keyblades themselves? Why can't 9-12 summon Keyblades? Roxas and Xion endured child abuse and Dusk threats all because Xemnas was too lazy to summon his own or use 9-12, because he states that's why he picked them which goes against everything COM, KH2, and Days have told us about the Organization and their constant need for a Keyblade Wielder. I hate this because I love the politics of the old Organization XIII but now this Union X Keyblade Legacy thingie is souring one of my favorite aspects of the series! I feel like I could rant about this forever!

As far as using 12 replicas as the Xehanort vessels, that's what I'm saying. Might as well, they do the exact same thing as the real ones anyway. "A puppet can't be part of the Organization" oh please, the puppets make the perfect Organization. Seriously Replicas can easily overthrow Nobodies now, especially since they eat Nobodies beings. Vexen wasn't kidding when he said they were going to replace humanity. That should be the next major threat. Replica Revolutionaries!

disney233

Awards
Back then people hoped that the new Organization consisted of new people. Preferably both Disney & Final Fantasy characters. Wild times huh? Even they seem like better choices than the backstabbers (Marluxia & Larxene) and the ones who CLEARLY have no reason to come back...but Xemnas wants them back for the lols only to have them benched later on. (Demyx & Vexen)

Another thing I'd like to ask where this....sudden change of Siax's character came from? Back when Siax was introduced, he was introduced as that cold and cynical berserker. Now he comes off as some....double agent to find his friend? The friend part...sure I understand. The Siax in KH3's just....a different Siax than the one that warded off Lea in DDD.

The 'New Organization' just seems like a jumbled up mess.

Any

Awards
Was there any story purpose or explanation to why we fought the scala replicas???

disney233

Awards
Was there any story purpose or explanation to why we fought the scala replicas???
Was there any story purpose or explanation as to how the replicas were even made or even WHY the group was sent to Schala Ad Calem out of all places, in the first place?

Any

Awards
Was there any story purpose or explanation as to how the replicas were even made or even WHY the group was sent to Schala Ad Calem out of all places, in the first place?

How many brain cells does it take to understand KH convoluted story? The world may never know.

You know that darkness pillar that came out from the members body? How come we didn’t see it for Xion? Since Vexen was norted and also had the darkness pillar inside of him, did he take out the darkness pillar from his body? I have the same question about Demyx.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I've never been a huge DDD fan, It's always just been "okay" for me, but I actually did like the whole idea of a new Organization of hand selected vessels that Xehanort wanted. DDD made it seem like it was a selective rare group of people or stages in Xehanort's life (I wanted baby Xehanort so badly) and Xemnas's line really sold that. But come KH3 it just feels like they got lazy and brought most of the originals back and the most untrustworthy ones with full free will. I know Xemnas gives a excuse about their Keyblade legacy, which I currently hate, is why they were selected. But it still bugs me that three people (Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx) are even options but loyal members Zexion, Lexaeus, and Xaldin aren't? Why?!
It's like you said: lazy writing, poor creative choices, lack of cohesion, etc. It's pretty clear at certain points that Nomura was just writing from memory, or otherwise didn't care. The thing he was truly interested in was setting up future ideas, not properly concluding or paying off old ones (at least, not unless he absolutely had to for the story to function).
And this creates another problem. So Xemnas says he choose numbers 9-12 for the original Organization due to their Keyblade legacy thing. That means Xemnas has known about them since COM, Days, and KH2. If so then why are they constantly in need of Keyblade wielders when six of them are already tied to Keyblades? Why go through all these lengths to get their own version of Sora if they can use Keyblades themselves? Why can't 9-12 summon Keyblades? Roxas and Xion endured child abuse and Dusk threats all because Xemnas was too lazy to summon his own or use 9-12, because he states that's why he picked them which goes against everything COM, KH2, and Days have told us about the Organization and their constant need for a Keyblade Wielder. I hate this because I love the politics of the old Organization XIII but now this Union X Keyblade Legacy thingie is souring one of my favorite aspects of the series! I feel like I could rant about this forever!
Wow... That didn't even occur to me. Yeah, I'm through with taking KH3 seriously at this point. It's one thing for it's own internal plotting to suck, but now it's damaging one of the best story dynamics in the series?! Honestly, I could go on whole rant about that, but then it'd only be harder to eject KH3's story out of my head when rewatching Days, KH2, and BBS. So... I'll pass for now.

As far as using 12 replicas as the Xehanort vessels, that's what I'm saying. Might as well, they do the exact same thing as the real ones anyway. "A puppet can't be part of the Organization" oh please, the puppets make the perfect Organization.
Facts. Now that line's an utter joke, as is Siax. In fact, can someone please make a meme out of that? I swear I'd laugh every time, lol.

Seriously Replicas can easily overthrow Nobodies now, especially since they eat Nobodies beings. Vexen wasn't kidding when he said they were going to replace humanity. That should be the next major threat. Replica Revolutionaries!
Lmao 🤣 Replica's asserting their dominance and running around consuming whatever Nobodies they come into contact with would be one of the most existentially horrifying things introduced in this series, but at the same time, still feels appropriate.

It kinda reminds me of Data-Sora's heartless from Re: Coded devouring the minds and "dark intentions" of every heartless in the datascape. If you recall, it essentially resulted in this malicious, eratic creature who's sole desire was to consume anything and everything it came into contact with, in order to feed it's darkness (which is exactly what SoD wanted Riku to become in Reverse Rebirth). First it was other heartless, then he fed on glitches, and finally he was aiming to consume hearts in the real world. I imagine Replica's being similar, except, unlike Heartless and more like Nobodies, they'd have the intellect to carry out methodic plans and strategies to better go about such things. Truly a dangerous threat indeed.

In that same vain, Replica's really did have the potential to blossom into this really cool concept for the series to explore. A while back, I remember reading a multi-saga long fanfic that centered around Repliku mysteriously entering a parallel dimension (after his defeat), where he takes the place of real Riku, and the story diverges quite immensely into this unique take on the series' story. In that world, the Replica Program grows to an unbelievable size, and all sorts of cool concepts are introduced. Namely, hybrids that carry similar, or mixed physical traits from that of cast, some with unique power combinations, identities, and personalities. Essentially, it leans all the way into KH's concept of "clone characters", and explored some genuinely good (or bad) existential conflicts that could plague such a group of people. Like people simply being better by design, and having all these desirous superhuman qualities to them, while others (like poor Xion) are created physically unstable, and live a tragically fleeting existence, while desperately protecting the ones they care for.

In general, Replica's are an untapped well of potential for existential conflicts, and the way KH3 utilized them was honestly underwhelming. I remember being so hyped for Repliku's comeback, and what ideas could be introduced through it, but then they went and killed him off for no reason. Albeit, it wasn't a bad send off, but still a lot of potential thrown away too quickly.

Back