• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 252753

Why Dream Drop Distance has an HD in the title for the 2.8 collection? Aren't all titles HD? Is it to replace the 3D? But then, why not call it simply Dream Drop Distance and call it a day?
I think it would be a little odd to just remove the 3D and call it Dream Drop Distance. It would kind of make it sound like the 2.8 version was the original and the 3DS version was the remake imo.

AegisXIII

Awards
In KH3, the japanese voice actor of Mickey is different after the mysterious tower. For some reason, they used the old one that I am used to until Riku fights daemon tower and then use another one, which is extremely disturbing.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I mean sure, Grand Magic Curaja would probably be too OP, but it should still be a thing anyway.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
This isn't much of a nitpick...it's more of a downright complaint and of course it's from KH2.

So after the Hollow Bastion attack, Sora learns that the Organization have Kairi. Now it's already been memed that Sora goes to swim and sing in Atlantica while Kairi is locked up, that is not what I'm about to complain about. Well, not really.

To save Kairi, Sora would need to get to the Organization's world right? In the span between Hollow Bastion and the last Twilight Town visit, Sora encounters Xigbar, Xaldin, and Luxord. Three Organization members. Why does he never try and get them to take him to their homeworld to save Kairi, or even demand they give Kairi back? Yeah, they would have refused, but it's like Sora completely forgets Kairi exists during this time period so he doesn't even try to get them to take him to their castle. He's content with just foiling their evil plot of the week, but not saving his childhood friend who they have.

Maybe he even tries to keep Xaldin alive long enough to tell how to save Kairi. Or why aren't they looking for Axel? Axel seemed reasonable when Sora met him, so maybe they should be partly searching for him to get his help on how to save Kairi. Instead we get filler Pride Lands and Agrabah! The fact that Sora doesn't go straight for TWTNW after Kairi is taken is such a weird thing.

And then there is the Organization. They have Kairi, so they can make Sora do whatever they want right now. Saix says that Kairi is the fuel for Sora's rage, yet they never use her to do exactly that and enrage Sora, he's his usual happy self in most of the Disney worlds that follow. You never have Xigbar or Luxord say "Sora, slay this giant Heartless or bad things will happen to Kairi" to get him mad and truly use that rage, Saix was talking about. What was even the point of them taking Kairi? Sora is going to slay Heartless anyway. It just lead to them all dying when Sora gets to their world.

This is why I don't agree with "KH2 was the peak of the series" Excuse me while I laugh like Tidus. Laughing like Tidus always cheers me up.

Last edited:

Grey Skies

Awards
It bugs me how Sora never uses his basic elemental magic in cutscenes. He uses the keyblade, he sometimes uses light magic, but he doesn't use fire, blizzard, or thunder. I also have this problem in Mass Effect. Regardless of the character's abilities, they're only shown using weapons. Does Sora even canonically know any spells beyond shooting light out of his keyblade? Should we play some canonical challenge runs of KH games with no magic at all?

disney233

Awards
It bugs me how Sora never uses his basic elemental magic in cutscenes. He uses the keyblade, he sometimes uses light magic, but he doesn't use fire, blizzard, or thunder. I also have this problem in Mass Effect. Regardless of the character's abilities, they're only shown using weapons. Does Sora even canonically know any spells beyond shooting light out of his keyblade? Should we play some canonical challenge runs of KH games with no magic at all?
The ONLY instance of what you're looking for, ombre.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Data Sora in Limit Cut being a new entity created by Cid rather than Coded's DS getting upgraded. Pretty much confirms there'll never be a follow up for him if he's that expendable.

AegisXIII

Awards
After limit cut scenario, they came to the conclusion that all of the data battle were for nothing. Then fairy god mother came and saved the day. So, we defeated the 13 worst bosses of the universe for absolutely no reward.

astertide

Awards
After limit cut scenario, they came to the conclusion that all of the data battle were for nothing. Then fairy god mother came and saved the day. So, we defeated the 13 worst bosses of the universe for absolutely no reward.
And then we fight Yozora and spend countless hours trying to defeat him and rewatching Sora get crystallised over and over again and Yozora to wake up from a dream only to find out that the other ending also ends with "it was just a dream..."

disney233

Awards
And then we fight Yozora and spend countless hours trying to defeat him and rewatching Sora get crystallised over and over again and Yozora to wake up from a dream only to find out that the other ending also ends with "it was just a dream..."
Kingdom Hearts in a nutshell. So much exposition in a gameplay & story standpoint...evidently leading to nothing.

astertide

Awards
I guess we learn that Luxord sorta does have a role... Not that we didn't already know that.

disney233

Awards
This isn't much of a nitpick...it's more of a downright complaint and of course it's from KH2.

So after the Hollow Bastion attack, Sora learns that the Organization have Kairi. Now it's already been memed that Sora goes to swim and sing in Atlantica while Kairi is locked up, that is not what I'm about to complain about. Well, not really.

To save Kairi, Sora would need to get to the Organization's world right? In the span between Hollow Bastion and the last Twilight Town visit, Sora encounters Xigbar, Xaldin, and Luxord. Three Organization members. Why does he never try and get them to take him to their homeworld to save Kairi, or even demand they give Kairi back? Yeah, they would have refused, but it's like Sora completely forgets Kairi exists during this time period so he doesn't even try to get them to take him to their castle. He's content with just foiling their evil plot of the week, but not saving his childhood friend who they have.

Maybe he even tries to keep Xaldin alive long enough to tell how to save Kairi. Or why aren't they looking for Axel? Axel seemed reasonable when Sora met him, so maybe they should be partly searching for him to get his help on how to save Kairi. Instead we get filler Pride Lands and Agrabah! The fact that Sora doesn't go straight for TWTNW after Kairi is taken is such a weird thing.

And then there is the Organization. They have Kairi, so they can make Sora do whatever they want right now. Saix says that Kairi is the fuel for Sora's rage, yet they never use her to do exactly that and enrage Sora, he's his usual happy self in most of the Disney worlds that follow. You never have Xigbar or Luxord say "Sora, slay this giant Heartless or bad things will happen to Kairi" to get him mad and truly use that rage, Saix was talking about. What was even the point of them taking Kairi? Sora is going to slay Heartless anyway. It just lead to them all dying when Sora gets to their world.

This is why I don't agree with "KH2 was the peak of the series" Excuse me while I laugh like Tidus. Laughing like Tidus always cheers me up.
The thing about Disney worlds. Once there, the main objective doesn't even matter. ESPECIALLY with Sora. Sora gets the most side-tracked with Disney world filler.

astertide

Awards
The thing about Disney worlds. Once there, the main objective doesn't even matter. ESPECIALLY with Sora. Sora gets the most side-tracked with Disney world filler.

I KNOW, RIGHT.

In the Disney worlds, we're literally doing their chores and little errands 90% of the time.

I especially hated the swing in 100 Acre Wood. Though it did become a great meme.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I have another KH2 nitpick...I swear I don't hate the game. I just pick on it both fairly and unfairly. This nitpick is more of a missed opportunity.

In the Pirates world first visit we're doing the Curse of the Black Pearl movie plot. This would have been a good world to have a Organization member in. I know Luxord comes in later but I'm talking about having the movie plot mixed with the Organization itself.

Think about it. Undead pirates collecting Aztec Gold to end their curse and stop being undead and be human again. Organization XIII a group of Nobodies collecting hearts to regain their own hearts and humanity to end their days as Nobodies...almost like a curse if you will. The similarities were strong. This also could have introduced Luxord early and have him in the mix with both Barbossa and Pete. What could have been.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Remember how the Cornerstone of Light was a big deal that was abandoned. Pete enters Disney Castle in Re:Coded and Maleficent summons a dark corridor in DDD.

AegisXIII

Awards
There is something really wrong with the pricing of the serie, at least in my country.
There is no reason why 2.8 should be more expensive than 3. And ReMind being half of 3? WTF?

1602830959460.png

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Data Sora in Limit Cut being a new entity created by Cid rather than Coded's DS getting upgraded. Pretty much confirms there'll never be a follow up for him if he's that expendable.

Coded Sora was expendable in his own game, the Data Sora who visits Castle Oblivion is technically a different Sora from the one who visited the Data Disney Worlds.

Back