• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

pastel.goblin

Awards
Doesn't that sound similar to coming to terms of being a piece of Sora? Or what they've done with the Replica characters looking like someone else but existing as their own people? I get wanting to see Roxas and Ventus interact, hey I'm down for it too. But wouldn't it be cooler to do something new with them instead of relying on the same original vs clone trope they've done with mostly every clone in KH that wasn't a Xehanort?
I'm all for something new, I'd just like more of a reaction than what we got. But honestly that's an issue I have with KH3 in general, so many characters should've had a moment but just didn't.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm all for something new, I'd just like more of a reaction than what we got. But honestly that's an issue I have with KH3 in general, so many characters should've had a moment but just didn't.
I'll agree with you there. For sure KH3 dropped the ball with several characters interacting. KH has one of the weirdest cast around, so I was certainly upset we didn't see more. Maybe in KH4?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Astro's Playroom is a PS5 launch game filled with eater egg references to dozens of Playstation associated franchises, both 1st & 3rd party. Kingdom Hearts is not 1 of them. :(

(Neither is GTA, Twisted Metal, Mega Man Legends, Yakuza, Heavenly Sword, War of the Monsters, Danganronpa, or CoD, but who cares any of those?)

Perkilator

Awards
In hindsight, I think SE should’ve stuck with Unreal Engine 4 from the beginning with KH3. From what I hear, they lost a whole year of development before they switched.

Perkilator

Awards
You'd think that, with Scar turning into a Heartless, his design would change to more of a Heartless that combines the elements of Mufasa, a tree, a lightning rod, and fire.

They did kinda go with this with Grim Guardianess (Mother Gothel's Heartless) and Sköll (Hans' Heartless).

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Agreed it's easier to nitpick and pick apart things that don't work or bother you than go on and on about what you like.

You'd think that, with Scar turning into a Heartless, his design would change to more of a Heartless that combines the elements of a lion, a tree, a lightning rod, and fire.
Honestly I'm still having a hard time believing that Scar turned into a heartless for the first battle... like it'd have been more believable if they tried to sell it as him getting a dark powerup from Pete than him becoming a heartless and retaining his appearance.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I always headcanon Scar was a nobody and Groundshaker was his heartless. Pete didn't specify which was which and we never hear about Scar's nobody otherwise.

Play Plus has a really shitty controller. Why is the DPad so damn tiny and why did they make the button symbols look so similar that players are totally gonna get on screen prompts mixed up?

Vulpes XIII

Awards
The scene in DDD where Xemnas explains that the majority of the original members of the Organization where incompatible vessels for Xehanort due to having some kind of ”individual weakness” in either
1) Body
2) Will
3) Trust

Looking at who was chosen for the new Organization XIII, Xehanort might want to re-consider what he defines as trustworthy people.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I always headcanon Scar was a nobody and Groundshaker was his heartless. Pete didn't specify which was which and we never hear about Scar's nobody otherwise.
That.....actually makes sense. Ooh boy since defeating a Heartless and Nobody restores the original being Pridelands might be in trouble

disney233

Awards
The scene in DDD where Xemnas explains that the majority of the original members of the Organization where incompatible vessels for Xehanort due to having some kind of ”individual weakness” in either
1) Body
2) Will
3) Trust

Looking at who was chosen for the new Organization XIII, Xehanort might want to re-consider what he defines as trustworthy people.
Hell one of the actual trustworthy people...at least in his eyes, was a double agent.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I wasn't sure where this would fit; nitpicks is as good a place as any since it is sort of a nitpick. I finished re-playing Reverse Rebirth today (starting Days on the DS tonight), and I was wondering... Why exactly does Riku not have any memory issues? We see in the main story that Donald and Goofy lose their memories about as fast as Sora does, and even Kairi forgets Sora's name during the prologue with Roxas. Riku never shows any confusion throughout Castle Oblivion or the beginning of KH2 at all.

Also, the shot of Riku and Mickey after the credits roll in Radiant Garden--why exactly are they there of all places?

palizinhas

Awards
I think the idea is that, at least during CoM, Sora never really actually lost his memories of Riku because he had to remember Repliku when he interacted with him, while he was made to forget Kairi and everyone he interacted with in the memory worlds. So since he never lost those memories, they weren't the memories swirling around Roxas and Xion (I don't think Riku is in any of their flashbacks, it's always either Sora and Kairi or Sora alone), meaning Riku never forgot him.

Castle Oblivion doesn't actually take your memories away as far as I can tell (as the Org members never have any issues beyond the place being hard to traverse), it was only Naminé messing with SDG under Marluxia's orders, and everyone else getting affected by it because chains of memories. Which makes Eraqus talking about people being 'lost to oblivion' kinda weird, but I guess it was just hard to find your way out when you got in.

PikaPal

Awards
Sora being surprised by the gargoyles from Hunchback being able to talk in DDD ("Well, excuse us for having personality.").

Like gee Sora, it's totally not strange to be walking around with a talking bipedal dog and a talking duck with no pants and a tendency to never heal people.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I wasn't sure where this would fit; nitpicks is as good a place as any since it is sort of a nitpick. I finished re-playing Reverse Rebirth today (starting Days on the DS tonight), and I was wondering... Why exactly does Riku not have any memory issues? We see in the main story that Donald and Goofy lose their memories about as fast as Sora does, and even Kairi forgets Sora's name during the prologue with Roxas. Riku never shows any confusion throughout Castle Oblivion or the beginning of KH2 at all.

Also, the shot of Riku and Mickey after the credits roll in Radiant Garden--why exactly are they there of all places?

In CoM, Riku's memories weren't being altered by Naminé, and Kairi's memories of Sora vanishing altogether probably happened around the time of Naminé taking them all apart to reconnect them at the close of CoM.

Riku and Ansem discuss a haze in the beginning of KH2's prologue, but I imagine that the haze began after Riku and DiZ teamed up and Ansem kept Riku on the right path, but because Riku and Sora's memories of each other weren't tampered with all that much, the connection wasn't really broken, meanwhile everyone else forgot about Sora because their relationships with him were scattered due to the chain reaction of his relationship with Kairi being wiped off the face of the earth. Xion specifically, and as stated by Riku, canonically captured Sora's memories of Kairi in particular in an effort to halt Naminé's restoration and keep Sora from waking up. Everything else was a chain reaction. We see this remedied over the 7 days of the prologue as Naminé is finally able to piece together Sora's adventure in KH1 due to those memories of Kairi slowly but finally returning.

As for why the Riku and Mickey shot in RG -- I couldn't say. I imagine Mickey wanted to begin investigating the real Ansem's disappearance, but it's possible they just went with a dramatic looking original world to use as a background.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I just assumed Namine was taking a hammer to all of Sora's memories indiscriminately, since the FF gang, all the Disney characters, and the Destiny Islands crew forget him, too. I thought about the fact that Namine and DiZ probably tried to keep Riku focused while Sora's being "re-built," but we never get a scene like that of them having to re-iterate what's happening to him.

EDIT: I suppose the reason could be that Sora knew Riku before he ever met Kairi. That relationship is deeper down that all the others and so wouldn't have been as affected by her getting wiped.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I just assumed Namine was taking a hammer to all of Sora's memories indiscriminately, since the FF gang, all the Disney characters, and the Destiny Islands crew forget him, too. I thought about the fact that Namine and DiZ probably tried to keep Riku focused while Sora's being "re-built," but we never get a scene like that of them having to re-iterate what's happening to him.

Namine did take a hammer to all of them so she could rearrange everything from the beginning, those links being loose and disconnected meant they were free to leak out of Sora's heart into his other "selves." The Organization kept Xion close to Roxas to hasten this process, double down on it, (and have two Keyblade wielders at the same time.) Xion lowers her hood to Roxas and uses his Keyblade for the first time on day 25, the day after Sora enters Castle Oblivion and Namine begins to implant herself in Sora's memories and slowly remove Kairi.

It's not well-handled in Days, but essentially that's what Naminé is saying when she says "what if some of the pieces got lost, what if they're the key" and "Sora's memory has stopped." She means that she cannot progress any further because the memory that's at the center of Sora's past year has been absorbed by Xion and she's not able to reconnect anything else.

When Riku asks Naminé to explain what's going in in their one-on-one, this is essentially her explaining the situation with Sora's memories and why Xion looks the way she does in vague KH-speak. The timeline of this and its effect on everyone is vague, I think that Nomura even said in an interview that Sora's parents forgot about him briefly.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I still don’t get why Riku, Mickey or even Lea have never thought that it might be a good idea to tell Sora about what happened at Castle Oblivion. Considering that they are aware that all the Organization XIII members were going to be recompleted at the some point in the future, someone should of really told Sora that he doesn’t have any memories of several of the original Organization XIII members and that some of them probably still hold a grudge. They could have easily told him at the end of Dream Drop Distance when he saw Lea for the first time.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I still don’t get why Riku, Mickey or even Lea have never thought that it might be a good idea to tell Sora about what happened at Castle Oblivion. Considering that they are aware that all the Organization XIII members were going to be recompleted at the some point in the future, someone should of really told Sora that he doesn’t have any memories of several of the original Organization XIII members and that some of them probably still hold a grudge. They could have easily told him at the end of Dream Drop Distance when he saw Lea for the first time.
I have been wondering this forever. Especially when Sora encounters Marluxia and Larxene in KH3. Like did NO ONE think to tell Sora about the events of Castle Oblivion? Will they ever?

Back