• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Guernsey

Awards
One person on another forum remarked how Ansem, Seeker of Darkness is more of a Disney villain in the first compared to his later appearances.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
One person on another forum remarked how Ansem, Seeker of Darkness is more of a Disney villain in the first compared to his later appearances.
I could see it also. He seemed like a good mix of a Disney villain and a FF one(with all the Sephiroth similarities).

disney233

Awards
What's the Nitpick? That statement couldn't be any more true.

Guernsey

Awards
I should have elaborated more but yeah Kingdom Hearts has gone full anime after the first game. Speaking of which ,I really hate how they removed the Guardian from Ansem even it was revealed that was Terra along. Ansem became a mess of a character after the first game but Xemnas is arguably with worst as he has a lot of concepts that were executed poorly.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
A big missed opportunity regarding the Guardian is not getting to see Ansem's reaction to it abandoning him. That could of been such a great scene

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I should have elaborated more but yeah Kingdom Hearts has gone full anime after the first game. Speaking of which ,I really hate how they removed the Guardian from Ansem even it was revealed that was Terra along. Ansem became a mess of a character after the first game but Xemnas is arguably with worst as he has a lot of concepts that were executed poorly.
Could've at least let Ansem keep his double bladed souleater staff.

Perkilator

Awards
San Fransokyo should’ve used traditional Japanese music mixed with rock during the daytime, and then it could keep all the EDM for the night time.

Speaking of, it kinda annoys me how you only fight Heartless for a single story segment during the daytime. There’s plenty of places where Heartless could appear that they do at night, so why not have them appear in those same places during the day?

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
As a ghost of a formerly active KHI member, I want to write down just one thing and ask your help, whoever is still around. So I get it, KH3 is out, ReMind is out, Memory of Melody is out, KHUx and within in Dark Road will soon end, and I tried to catch up with everything. Everything! But in the end, I end up simply not understanding Vanitas as a character, when during KH3 I thought I understood him although he sounded rather ooc when compared to his BBS depiction.
Now with all the KHUx updates that I binge-watched, and trying to link those with the general lore, I feel I don't recognize my favourite character anymore. I could follow up until post-KH3 but I barely understand Ventus and Vanitas within him now. Please don't tell me the answer is just
Spoiler Spoiler Show
. Or is it that simple? All these years led up to this? ReMind spoiler thingo:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Maybe spanning over so many years, games and platforms did more than just my fav character dirty. Is consistency really a far-away dream at this point? Should I deal with it and move on? And can it be really called "moving on" if I will mandatorily buy Verum Rex anyway? Of course, if it's not another rhythm game...

Soldier

Awards
As a ghost of a formerly active KHI member, I want to write down just one thing and ask your help, whoever is still around. So I get it, KH3 is out, ReMind is out, Memory of Melody is out, KHUx and within in Dark Road will soon end, and I tried to catch up with everything. Everything! But in the end, I end up simply not understanding Vanitas as a character, when during KH3 I thought I understood him although he sounded rather ooc when compared to his BBS depiction.
Now with all the KHUx updates that I binge-watched, and trying to link those with the general lore, I feel I don't recognize my favourite character anymore. I could follow up until post-KH3 but I barely understand Ventus and Vanitas within him now. Please don't tell me the answer is just
Spoiler Spoiler Show
. Or is it that simple? All these years led up to this? ReMind spoiler thingo:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Maybe spanning over so many years, games and platforms did more than just my fav character dirty. Is consistency really a far-away dream at this point? Should I deal with it and move on? And can it be really called "moving on" if I will mandatorily buy Verum Rex anyway? Of course, if it's not another rhythm game...
Ah, the ghost of an old friend, I'm willing to answer your question.

Unfortunately, it seems as though it is that simple, Vanitas is Ven's darkness given form, a shadow crafted from his light. His vein-like bodysuit that looks similar to Riku Ansem's is just that, a similar article of clothing meant to designate the character as bad news. Nomura isn't known for writing characters with that much complexity.

In Re:Mind it's a possiblily that the DI that we see is a representation of the darkness IN Ventu's's heart, kind of like how the Darkside appeared to Sora in KH 1's tutorial. Though it is made clear that Ven's heart lacks light because of Vanitas being purged from it, it could appear as a metaphor instead of the literal darkness. Plus, Nomura's team worked hard on the DI fight, it was one of the only things to do in post game. Why not recycle?

I do hope this answers your question, ghost of DarkGrey Heroine, have a pleasant evening.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Ah, the ghost of an old friend, I'm willing to answer your question.

Unfortunately, it seems as though it is that simple, Vanitas is Ven's darkness given form, a shadow crafted from his light. His vein-like bodysuit that looks similar to Riku Ansem's is just that, a similar article of clothing meant to designate the character as bad news. Nomura isn't known for writing characters with that much complexity.

In Re:Mind it's a possiblily that the DI that we see is a representation of the darkness IN Ventu's's heart, kind of like how the Darkside appeared to Sora in KH 1's tutorial. Though it is made clear that Ven's heart lacks light because of Vanitas being purged from it, it could appear as a metaphor instead of the literal darkness. Plus, Nomura's team worked hard on the DI fight, it was one of the only things to do in post game. Why not recycle?

I do hope this answers your question, ghost of DarkGrey Heroine, have a pleasant evening.

Hey Soldier!! Hope you're doing well and are in good health >:] just for once I wanted the answer to a KH question NOT to be "Darkness" lmao but it's impossible, this coming from you is easier to digest tho
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The Dark Inferno really is just a lazy recycled boss that doesn't make much sense. Thinking of Armored Ven in DDD and how much sense THAT made, I would have assumed Vanitas to appear there in ReMind instead of Dark Inferno anytime... oh well.

Soldier

Awards
Hey Soldier!! Hope you're doing well and are in good health >:] just for once I wanted the answer to a KH question NOT to be "Darkness" lmao but it's impossible, this coming from you is easier to digest tho
Spoiler Spoiler Show

The Dark Inferno really is just a lazy recycled boss that doesn't make much sense. Thinking of Armored Ven in DDD and how much sense THAT made, I would have assumed Vanitas to appear there in ReMind instead of Dark Inferno anytime... oh well.
I've been doing well, recently got my B.S in science. It was a struggle, but now I guess I'm a better person.
Yeah sorry about that, but this is Kingdom Hearts we're talking about, where Darkness is the answer to practically everything wrong in the series.

Well, I'd argue that it makes for a decent challenge to the player but I can't even say that, this thing doesn't hold a candle to true challenges like KH 1's Sephiroth or BBS's No Heart. I'll give them credit that it at least makes SOME sense, as Vanitas at the time was extracted from Ven's heart and acting as one of the 13 Darknesses.
I always knew you'd return one day, even if it is only for a brief question. Still happy nonetheless.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
A big missed opportunity regarding the Guardian is not getting to see Ansem's reaction to it abandoning him. That could of been such a great scene
I think the biggest missed opportunity adjacent to your wish is Terra and Xemnas not seeing eye-to-eye.

Guernsey

Awards
That is a missed opportunity. I wonder how Xemnas would react to Terra? We will probably never know.

disney233

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
To be fair, some actual Pokemon are apparently the spirits of children, so it's not really surprising. I mean, Phantump is apparently a tree stump possessed by a child who got lost in the woods.

Back