• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Sometimes I wonder what happen if Kingdom Hearts were a "proper" RPG with Disney characters as party members that you can take all the universe?
The Olympus world in RE:Coded was such a tantalizing taste of what could've been: a party of Sora, a Disney character, & a FF character. All of whom the player had control over. I could take a whole game of that tbh. Hell why wasn't the whole of Coded like that?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The Olympus world in RE:Coded was such a tantalizing taste of what could've been: a party of Sora, a Disney character, & a FF character. All of whom the player had control over. I could take a whole game of that tbh. Hell why wasn't the whole of Coded like that?
I'd love to get a game like that. Olympus was a really fun level in re:coded.

Zackarix

Awards
What is up with the way Melody of Memory's world tour is organized? There's a section that's part 0.2 part KH1, the next section is the rest of KH1 and CoM, then a big section for Days and KH2 and Coded, then it branches out for the BbS and DDD sections, then it has the KH3 and boss-songs-that-aren't-boss-fights section. It drives me crazy and I want to reorganize it every time I see it. Let KH1 be a single section, then a CoM and Days section, the let KH2 stand on its own. Put Coded at the beginning of the DDD section for a post-KH2 theme and put 0.2 at the end of the BbS section for a prequel theme. Stick the boss songs in their respective game sections, maybe on little branches that unlock after you meet high requirements to preserve the feeling of exclusivity.

And why do you get Team Riku before TAV? Aside from that you get the teams in the order their games are published in.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Olympus was the reason I stopped playing Re:Coded
Good for you? Some people like it, some hate it. No game is to everyones liking.

A round based traditional RPG seems like a good fit for a smaller installment of this series. Like CoM and MoM it might not be for everyone though.

TrueTroper

Awards
The fact that Nomura is "dumbing down" the character's personalities as the series goes on is a nitpick for me. Sure, Sora's the main target given his notable personality in the earlier KH games deteriorating to what it is in KH3, but the fact is that now there are other characters who are suffering from the same OOCness as the series continues. And by "other characters," I mean basically everyone.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Good for you? Some people like it, some hate it. No game is to everyones liking.

A round based traditional RPG seems like a good fit for a smaller installment of this series. Like CoM and MoM it might not be for everyone though.
Definitely a case of YMMV. I thought the Coliseum was the best Disney world of Coded because of the oldschool RPG turn-based style of the combat.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The fact that Nomura is "dumbing down" the character's personalities as the series goes on is a nitpick for me. Sure, Sora's the main target given his notable personality in the earlier KH games deteriorating to what it is in KH3, but the fact is that now there are other characters who are suffering from the same OOCness as the series continues. And by "other characters," I mean basically everyone.
Sadly this is common for long on going series, flanderization comes for everyone eventually. Though I feel like character consistency hasn't really been the series strong suit. Axel/Lea feels almost like a different character in every appearance sometimes it's understandable other times it's just weird.

Ven_Roxas

Awards

I was just pointing out that I found it interesting that you had such a different experience with it. I’ve thought about trying the game again, but I’d have to buy it and it’s been almost a year since I started my most recent play through of the series, and I’m almost done with ReMind. The thought of starting up another game right now is a lot for me.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I was just pointing out that I found it interesting that you had such a different experience with it. I’ve thought about trying the game again, but I’d have to buy it and it’s been almost a year since I started my most recent play through of the series, and I’m almost done with ReMind. The thought of starting up another game right now is a lot for me.
Fair enough. Experiences can vary. Even just depending on the phase of life you're in. I remember rather enjoying the coliseum part of the game, but who knows how I'd enjoy it now, it's been years since I last played Re:Coded. Though I remember enjoying it and seeing it as an alternative path CoM could have gone down.

Guernsey

Awards
A "traditional" RPG would fit the small screen better or a spinoff that pays homage to other Square Enix properties in terms of gameplay.

AegisXIII

Awards
1635275289279.png

I never realized that nobodies have extremely tight pants (and certainly carry a big pack).

Soldier

Awards
I never understood why Sora was unable to hit the shadows with his wooden sword on Destiny Island, then later he could hit them with it at Hollow Bastion but without dealing damage.
That's easy, it's a matter of him growing during his journey. Think of it like this, his time with the keyblade up until hollow bastion opened his eyes to the magic that exists in the KH universe. He learned that magic is an effective tool against the heartless, and even without it he was still able to channel it through his wooden sword (albeit with little effect). I always forget you CAN use spells with the wooden sword, and damage them with regular melee.

WaltK

Awards
The way KH1 adapted the Little Mermaid’s “Tritan destroys Ariel’s possessions and sends her into Ursula’s arms” moment kinda makes KH!Ariel hilariously overdramatic.

In the movie, she’s driven into Ursula’s arms after her father traumatically destroys her treasure trove in a raw, blinding rage. In KH1, it was because he casually destroyed a random trinket she found.

Guernsey

Awards
I really Sora wasn't that much of an anime protagonist in post KH1 games.

WaltK

Awards
You know what would have been better than the “New Seven Hearts” idea? Just make it so “a heart of pure light” is merely a rare trait that can be held by more than seven people at a time. So, the seven princesses in KH1 would simply be the first seven that Maleficent could find, but not the only seven.

Soldier

Awards
You know what would have been better than the “New Seven Hearts” idea? Just make it so “a heart of pure light” is merely a rare trait that can be held by more than seven people at a time. So, the seven princesses in KH1 would simply be the first seven that Maleficent could find, but not the only seven.
Well it has to correspond with the original X-blade's shattering (20 shards, 7 light, 13 darkness). It makes it more complicated that way.

Back