• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well it has to correspond with the original X-blade's shattering (20 shards, 7 light, 13 darkness). It makes it more complicated that way.
Except that was a retcon to loosely tie KH1, 2, & 3 together. KH1 had 1 lights, KH2 had 13 bad guys (not even darknesses, they were supposed to nothings), so KH3 tried to make both numbers meaningful in a haphazard attempt to the main 3 games into a proper trilogy (which didn't work IMO).

In BBS, they didn't need 20 hearts to make the X-Blade, hell they didn't even need 2. Just 2 halves of 1 heart was enough.

Soldier

Awards
Except that was a retcon to loosely tie KH1, 2, & 3 together. KH1 had 1 lights, KH2 had 13 bad guys (not even darknesses, they were supposed to nothings), so KH3 tried to make both numbers meaningful in a haphazard attempt to the main 3 games into a proper trilogy (which didn't work IMO).

In BBS, they didn't need 20 hearts to make the X-Blade, hell they didn't even need 2. Just 2 halves of 1 heart was enough.
1 light? I think we played different games man, I definitely recall 6 more being present.

I suppose it technically is a retcon, even if Xehanort states in 3D that his previous attempt was a failure.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
1 light? I think we played different games man, I definitely recall 6 more being present.
No, I mean Ventus. His light half & his dark half created the X-Blade in BBS. No other hearts required.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I think they meant this:

FC94946506619E4BDCAAB9CBC628A7115C3D5D40

Though I am still not over them using that horrible design again for the REAL X-Blade. I just can't believe Nomura even allowed that design to pass.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

Wasn't it a failed experiment to just split someone into light and darkness - hence the X-Blade was incomplete in BbS?

Also, even though Xemnas may not have been fully aware of what he was doing, he was basically assembling the pieces to transfer the darkness into the Organization to get the thirteen darknesses... which thinking about it now, makes KH2's story even worse and Xemnas (in that game) make even less sense than what I've thought before.

If you look at Xemnas strictly from a KH2 standpoint, Xehanort was an idiot that decided to turn people into nobodies for fun, then realized that being nobodies sucked and thus wanted to create Kingdom Hearts to find their hearts and become whole again. Basically, he caused the issue himself (and unleashed Ansem to cause the damage to all the worlds) and the game tries to make it tragic.

If you look at Xemnas' story with the context of the entire series... Xemnas overplayed his hand by revealing the Organization's activities to Sora, thus becoming a target. Xemnas lost all the bodies that he needed to transfer the darknesses into by having them confront Sora (when there was no actual storyline reason to do so). If Xemnas really wanted Sora to kill enough heartless to summon Kingdom Hearts, he could have just had Sora go on a wild goose chase across Disney worlds looking for the Organization and never having them show up - knowing how easily distracted Sora is, Xemnas should have known he would help the Disney characters fight heartless - hence summoning Kingdom Hearts without even risking the vessels he needed. As much as I love Xemnas, his story in CoM/KH2 is just not good.

My nitpick comes from this... it's claimed that they needed Kingdom Hearts to "hook up" the vessels and be used to transfer Xehanort's darkness into them. That can't be right since the plan was to use the darknesses to summon Kingdom Hearts. Unless Xigbar (who I believe said that they were going to hook up the vessels to Kingdom Hearts in 3D) got the plan wrong? Since it's clear Master Xehanort can do the possession thing without Kingdom Hearts.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Wasn't it a failed experiment to just split someone into light and darkness - hence the X-Blade was incomplete in BbS?

Also, even though Xemnas may not have been fully aware of what he was doing, he was basically assembling the pieces to transfer the darkness into the Organization to get the thirteen darknesses... which thinking about it now, makes KH2's story even worse and Xemnas (in that game) make even less sense than what I've thought before.

If you look at Xemnas strictly from a KH2 standpoint, Xehanort was an idiot that decided to turn people into nobodies for fun, then realized that being nobodies sucked and thus wanted to create Kingdom Hearts to find their hearts and become whole again. Basically, he caused the issue himself (and unleashed Ansem to cause the damage to all the worlds) and the game tries to make it tragic.

If you look at Xemnas' story with the context of the entire series... Xemnas overplayed his hand by revealing the Organization's activities to Sora, thus becoming a target. Xemnas lost all the bodies that he needed to transfer the darknesses into by having them confront Sora (when there was no actual storyline reason to do so). If Xemnas really wanted Sora to kill enough heartless to summon Kingdom Hearts, he could have just had Sora go on a wild goose chase across Disney worlds looking for the Organization and never having them show up - knowing how easily distracted Sora is, Xemnas should have known he would help the Disney characters fight heartless - hence summoning Kingdom Hearts without even risking the vessels he needed. As much as I love Xemnas, his story in CoM/KH2 is just not good.

My nitpick comes from this... it's claimed that they needed Kingdom Hearts to "hook up" the vessels and be used to transfer Xehanort's darkness into them. That can't be right since the plan was to use the darknesses to summon Kingdom Hearts. Unless Xigbar (who I believe said that they were going to hook up the vessels to Kingdom Hearts in 3D) got the plan wrong? Since it's clear Master Xehanort can do the possession thing without Kingdom Hearts.
I love Xemnas too, but his plans always end up backfiring. He has legit good plans but the way he goes about it are all stupid. A smart Xemnas could have had Kingdom Hearts completed long before Sora ever woke up. And while Xehanort was and idiot for the experiments I still miss the Apprentice Xehanort storyline.

When it comes to summoning Kingdom Hearts my nitpick is they now always have to go back to X-Blade and 7 vs 13. Because anything other then that is a fake/lesser version of Kingdom Hearts. This to me limits the creativity of different ways to access Kingdom Hearts.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If the Hollow Bastion stage in Ultimate can only have 9 songs from KH1, I'm surprised they didn't go with more songs associated with the world itself. Like using Blast Way Gummi Ship II instead of GSBA III, I.E. the one that's playing when you're approaching HB. Or any of the boss themes that played (Squirming Evil, The Deep End, Forze Del Male).

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
If the Hollow Bastion stage in Ultimate can only have 9 songs from KH1, I'm surprised they didn't go with more songs associated with the world itself. Like using Blast Way Gummi Ship II instead of GSBA III, I.E. the one that's playing when you're approaching HB. Or any of the boss themes that played (Squirming Evil, The Deep End, Forze Del Male).
Probably because they didn't want every song to be dark mega orchestral with chanting lol. It's great music, but variety in theme and tone is great.

Cumguardian69

Awards
One nitpick I have is the lack of a retry button in games before Days/BBS.

Never realized how annoying it was to have to run back to the fight arena until I did lv1cm in kh2fm

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I STILL haven't gotten the trophies/Ultima pieces from the Beat of Lead & Snow Sledding mini-games! I spent 3 hours last just redoing BoL over & over & the closest I got was 11.6 mil but couldn't replicate that score again.

& the sledding, I've been going down every route I can see & still don't have half of the roman numerals. & people say this is the easiest in the series to plat. -_-

EDIT: Ok, BoL finally beaten. Now for the Beat of Head against wall that is the sledding.

Last edited:

Guernsey

Awards
Sometimes I wonder what would happen if the KHUX was its own things as opposed to being connected tot the other series?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I just now noticed that MoM's own Dearly Beloved rendition isn't a playable track in game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Sora met Esmeralda, Phoebus, and Blue Fairy in DDD but Riku never stepped foot once in Tifa's bar.

GreyouTT

Awards
The Twilight Town government just lets people go in the damn sewers, like wtf there's gators down there don't let people go in.

Rii

Awards
I hate that Nomura said all of the New Seven Hearts are girls again. Pacha from Emperor’s New Groove would be a perfect candidate imo, even though he’s not one of the newer characters (or, moreover, a princess) in Disney’s catalog.

Guernsey

Awards
Sora met Esmeralda, Phoebus, and Blue Fairy in DDD but Riku never stepped foot once in Tifa's bar.
To be fair, Riku is like a teenager so he might not be old enough to drink.
I hate that Nomura said all of the New Seven Hearts are girls again. Pacha from Emperor’s New Groove would be a perfect candidate imo, even though he’s not one of the newer characters (or, moreover, a princess) in Disney’s catalog.
Okay What? Nomura should had let that one go as it Disney, Square or whoever has no interest in this plot anymore.

Back