• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Nitpicks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xx_HS_xX

Awards
I have one nitpick from KH3 regarding Sora and how, for some reason, he got dumber. Like, I know sometimes they make a character naive and/or ignorant, in some light aspects, to make them endearing but there's sometimes where it actually makes you frustrated and make you want to slap some sense into them instead.

Literally, in the Monster Inc. world, Vanitas told Sora that Ventus's heart is inside his. However, for some reason, it seems that Sora doesn't think to mention this to Aqua seeing as she tried to wake Ventus, to no avail, and then speculates if his heart is still lost somewhere. Mind you she doesn't conclude that Ventus heart is still inside Sora, which she would've known if he had told her, but that it's just lost somewhere out there while Sora is just standing there. Why would he forget to tell her something that important?

The other time is when Baymax tries to give Sora a fist bump after they complete a mission. Sora just goes "o_Ofist bump?" - like he's never heard of that action or concept before in his life and im just going "what the heck?". There's literally a reaction combo move in KH2, between Riku and Sora, where they give eachother a fist bump at the end. So there's no reason he would not know that.....

Last edited:

Zackarix

Awards
When Sora gets reset back to level one his INT stat is nerfed as well.

lovelykingvani

Awards
When re:mind came out and showed us that Darkness had been within Ven all along, it never made sense to me because of 1) Vanitas' existence; he is literally Ven's pure darkness. Is Vanitas not the entirety of Ven's darkness? 2) It was even stated that Ventus had no darkness in his heart in BBS (stated by Even.)

So, what gives?

Guernsey

Awards
Sora doesn't appear to know to know how to use any modern day technology in the series. I will admit that I am no engineer and technician myself but I learned how to cell phones, computers, etc. It makes me wonder if Sora lived in a rural area where they do not get a lot of modern technology.

Soldier

Awards
Where did The Destiny Trio’s parents end up when Destiny Islands fell to darkness?
That's easy, they fell to darkness and disappeared.
To quote the fairy godmother when she notices the Earthshine gem in Sora's possession,
"This little creature lived in a world that was consumed by darkness. When a world vanishes, so do it's inhabitants."
So that applies to everyone on Destiny Island save for those that managed to make it off world (Sora Riku and Kairi).

Sonofjafar

Awards
That's easy, they fell to darkness and disappeared.
To quote the fairy godmother when she notices the Earthshine gem in Sora's possession,
"This little creature lived in a world that was consumed by darkness. When a world vanishes, so do it's inhabitants."
So that applies to everyone on Destiny Island save for those that managed to make it off world (Sora Riku and Kairi).
Well it’s a Disney game so that’s not surprising

Sonofjafar

Awards
Still technically counts as genocide no matter how you look at it. Maleficent and crew have cartoon blood on their hands for what they did.
I was referring to the dead parents trope but you’re not wrong. Speaking of which m, if you could add any Disney villain to the council, who would you add?

Soldier

Awards
I was referring to the dead parents trope but you’re not wrong. Speaking of which m, if you could add any Disney villain to the council, who would you add?
Shere Khan, without a doubt. I'd be curious to see Maleficent's policy on talking animals, if you don't count Oogie boogie as.... an excessive amount of insects and snakes, which are considered animals.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Scar should've been in KH1's version. As for future games, I kinda lean more towards her getting a crew of Pete-level henchmen and/or villains whose source material isn't likely to ever get a world for 1 reason or another. That way they can all pop up in any other world without issue. This would also increase the total number of Disney baddies into 2 categories: her gang & world specific villains.

Some examples of possible henchmen:
-Big Bad Wolf
-Headless Horseman
-Gaston (kinda late for him to show up Beast's Castle anymore)
-Judge Doom (The number of legal headaches involved for WFRR? not to mention somehow explaining Mickey & others living in Toon Town, might as well leave it out & have Doom in Disney Town)
-Mizrabel
-The Mad Doctor
-Phantom Blot

Sonofjafar

Awards
Scar should've been in KH1's version. As for future games, I kinda lean more towards her getting a crew of Pete-level henchmen and/or villains whose source material isn't likely to ever get a world for 1 reason or another. That way they can all pop up in any other world without issue. This would also increase the total number of Disney baddies into 2 categories: her gang & world specific villains.

Some examples of possible henchmen:
-Big Bad Wolf
-Headless Horseman
-Gaston (kinda late for him to show up Beast's Castle anymore)
-Judge Doom (The number of legal headaches involved for WFRR? not to mention somehow explaining Mickey & others living in Toon Town, might as well leave it out & have Doom in Disney Town)
-Mizrabel
-The Mad Doctor
-Phantom Blot
Good ideas but isn’t Mizarabel just the witch from Snow White but under a different name

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Good ideas but isn’t Mizarabel just the witch from Snow White but under a different name
No, she's a shapeshifter who mimics multiple villains. The 3D remake of CoI retconned her appearance and the 3DS EM game had her change onto a few different guys before settling on Maleficent's form.

Soldier

Awards
The HB stage in SSBU is about as basic as it gets gameplay wise. They could've incorporated the moving platforms or bubble transports.
Well their hands were tied most likely from Disney's stranglehold on the franchise. It's not like Midgar that can use summons, or Mementos that changes depending on the music. Personally I think they went above and beyond with replicating the castle, even showing us sections we've never been able to see.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well their hands were tied most likely from Disney's stranglehold on the franchise. It's not like Midgar that can use summons, or Mementos that changes depending on the music. Personally I think they went above and beyond with replicating the castle, even showing us sections we've never been able to see.
Don't think it's that. Most of the DLC stages were relatively simple.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Why is there such an inconsistency with magic? Aero went from defensive to offensive. Well… it disappeared in KH2… and gravity went away. KH2 had magnet and reflect. Magnet was prevalent in bbs, but poof. Gone.

KH2 had better magic than KH3. And aero should have stayed defensive.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Why is there such an inconsistency with magic? Aero went from defensive to offensive. Well… it disappeared in KH2… and gravity went away. KH2 had magnet and reflect. Magnet was prevalent in bbs, but poof. Gone.

KH2 had better magic than KH3. And aero should have stayed defensive.
Well Xaldin is using the defensive version....

Simplest answer is each spell has more than 1 application but Sora sucks at the old applications every time he has to relearn them.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I get the story reason of relearning, but idk. Sora got better at magic in KH2, but, not in KH3. He got aero back and learned water… but I do think the exclusion of both magnet and reflect is disappointing.

Also, commands could have been linked to shortcuts in KH3. One of the shortcut menus with a recharge time for strike raid, tornado, etc.

Back