• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts One ... or Two?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Kingdom Hearts One ... or Two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansem/Sephy

I haven't been on in a while, and i'm sure there are tons threads like this, but i wanted to make this to get some direct feedback and to get a chance to express my own view on the subject, as well. So ... i want to know: Do you prefer Kingdom Hearts or Kingdom Hearts TWO? I also want to hear your reasoning for this ... preferably THREE reasons you choose the one you do. Or, if you are neutral, simply explain why. Ok?

I'll be honest, NOTHING beats the original for me. I love the sequel as an independent game, but, by comparison, i feel kind of like it just doesn't do what it should with the original as the pre-set standard. Why? Well, first off, in the original, remember that innocence to the characters? That naiveness of Sora? Remember the Darkside fight at the beginning and that strange sensation you got fighting it, not knowing where this oddness was leading? And that hint of mystery in each world, that essence of surprise that laced every corner?

Maybe it's just me, but there was an aura around the original not there in the sequel--something good.

In every Disney world, the stories varied from the classic tellings of them slightly, but blended so easily together with Sora and his companions' journey that you felt both in and out of place at the same time. There was this overwhelming sense of a bigger picture looming around the corner, something dark and fantastic. But you couldn't really reach it completely, no matter how hard you tried. There was rivalry, that jealousy we all know can be in a friendship, no matter how strong, and then, hate--hate that can destroy something as pure as the best of relationships. There were genuine emotions that jerked at me throughout the game. Really, it was the story and presentation that got me SO in love with this flawless masterwork. And ... let's not forget, the Opening, that tremendous foreshadowing that was beautifully done. And the Ending! So sad and powerful, tear-jerking, breath-taking even! I'm VERY sorry to say i cannot say the same of its sequel.

Granted, the battle system was improved in Kingdom Hearts Two, but i was so crushed by the poor presentation and lack of emotions past Twilight Town that i began to forget. The graphics were up-dated too, so i was told, and yet, there was not that perfect harmony in each world that i saw in One. In the worlds like Deep Jungle and Traverse Town (a place i very much missed, only to have it replaced by a horrid new Hollow Bastion) there was this strange matching between this Island character and abstract backgrounds, something KH2 did NOT pull off. I constantly felt an unwelcome contrast in every world.

Then, we come to its ending ... The typical, happy-go-lucky ending one would have expected from Disney. NOT the Riku sequence, which i did like a lot (i thought it was refreshing that the two expanded their relationship and that the game ended, cinematically, on a note between them), but, rather, the sequence between the three after that that spelled out a new adventure dawning. While a part of me felt glad the series would have a chance at redemption, another part was sorrowed by a second chance at failure, at further dimishing its esteemed origins, the True Kingdom Hearts.

All in all, Kingdom Hearts One in its less grand moments was still altogether more piveting to me than its sequel at its finest.

What do you think, and why?

silverdragon1615

abs of steel and sex appeal
Dude I agree with you man there was a huge lack of great storyline cutscenes and character cutscenes with riku and Kairi. Awsome job typing that I really respect the fact that you did that. I'm defiantly giving you rep points for taht!

Shadowysights

Screw that action
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 2

-To start the ending was so much better than in Kingdom hearts
"Ooh I can't jump 3inchs to save my life""Bye!"

-Sora had a better voice along with alot better clothes.Yellow and red, wannabe baggy shorts.......ain't happening...

-Better summons and harder tornerment.Kingdom hearts was waaaaay to easy.It is a challenge to do things(minigame) in Kingdom hearts 2

silverdragon1615

acein12 said:
Kingdom Hearts 2

-To start the ending was so much better than in Kingdom hearts
"Ooh I can't jump 3inchs to save my life""Bye!"

-Sora had a better voice along with alot better clothes.Yellow and red, wannabe baggy shorts.......ain't happening...

-Better summons and harder tornerment.Kingdom hearts was waaaaay to easy.It is a challenge to do things(minigame) in Kingdom hearts 2

Just to let you know the reason they couldn't jump was because the borders of the world were coming back together, when I first saw that I was like what the hell!

shadows rise

Kingdom hearts one!!! One reason is you have a better one-on-one battles. the second reason is you have to really more on magic and summonings. And the third is the story lines of the worlds, it isnt like a side quest in the second game it is accually more important and challenging, thats what kept everything fresh. Those are some of my reasons why I like kh1.

Ansem/Sephy

Dude I agree with you man there was a huge lack of great storyline cutscenes and character cutscenes with riku and Kairi. Awsome job typing that I really respect the fact that you did that. I'm defiantly giving you rep points for taht!

Thanks! I finally did something right! =P And yet ... i have only a single vote on One. lol. Figures ...

The reason he couldn't jump? It was a plot device, but i agree that the boundries could have had something to do with it, AND i think Sora knew that if he wasn't going back with her, he had more to do, and his sense of duty made him stay. BTW, that joke is very old and worn out, but i can see you are desperately trying to get a laugh, so ... can't help you there, but i'll at least acknowledge you.

Shadowysights

Screw that action
Awards
Ansem/Sephy said:
Thanks! I finally did something right! =P And yet ... i have only a single vote on One. lol. Figures ...

The reason he couldn't jump? It was a plot device, but i agree that the boundries could have had something to do with it, AND i think Sora knew that if he wasn't going back with her, he had more to do, and his sense of duty made him stay. BTW, that joke is very old and worn out, but i can see you are desperately trying to get a laugh, so ... can't help you there, but i'll at least acknowledge you.
Who's trying to get a laugh?I did'nt make a joke.I'm just making a point that if someone can't jump three inchs thats just sad!

The M.C.

JTTW
well some of kh's worlds were better and because it was the first game in the sequal it did have it surprises and mysteries. but i didnt really live the gameplay in it. i also knew a lot more about kh2 before it came out since i went on KHI so it inda spoiled it for me. even if i didnt look at the spoilers section. if the graphics fighting in kh2 was mixed with kh, and some of the worlds and new stuff from kh were mixed, then they would be perfect.

Ansem/Sephy

I'm just sayin' that Kingdom Hearts was really real and heart-felt and had a certain mystery and innocence because it was the beginning. The sequel can't usually do that ... but they didn't find anything to really compensate for it either.

iw4nt2r4p3s0r4

I think that they both have their ups and downs. Sora is very sexy in both of them. I preferred the beginning of KH1 but the ending of KH2. The graphics were obviously better in the second, but I preferred the more upbeat nature of the first. Maybe I'm mean to say this, but I feel like Roxas kind of dragged down the second game. His whole 2 hour entrance was a total bore and only made me sad in the end. :(

silverdragon1615

yeah I was really expecting more when Sora and Kairi were reunited siceof the kh1 ending, they could have a least played the sadd music and make sora cry then instead of kneeling down to Riku and crying.

Ansem/Sephy

I think that they both have their ups and downs. Sora is very sexy in both of them. I preferred the beginning of KH1 but the ending of KH2. The graphics were obviously better in the second, but I preferred the more upbeat nature of the first. Maybe I'm mean to say this, but I feel like Roxas kind of dragged down the second game. His whole 2 hour entrance was a total bore and only made me sad in the end.

Actually, i liked the beginning in Twilight Town ... but at the same time, i had to wonder, "Why does he get, like, three hours and Destiny Islands got maybe a half-hour, if you stuck around for the fights ...? "

yeah I was really expecting more when Sora and Kairi were reunited siceof the kh1 ending, they could have a least played the sadd music and make sora cry then instead of kneeling down to Riku and crying.

Maybe, but Sora and Riku's relationship was as complex, or more, than Kairi's and his was. The fact is: Sora left Riku when their friendship was in turmoil and has been assured in Kairi's safety, but not Riku's. His reaction was natural.

silverdragon1615

acein12 said:
There is alot wrong with being gay!!

Hey man being gay is not something one can control there hormones are just different, i am jewish so I don't know about the whole unholy thing with gays but it's just the way they are they are no worse than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back