• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chains of Memories discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you get/do you want KH RE:CoM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Re: The official Re:CoM in North America thread.

Yeah, like Ren said, only three months. I say be happy with that, it's hard with games like FFXIII where the game has been in production for months.

Yes, I know this is not a new game but a remake, but still. 3 months are better than a year.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

MOTHER 3 Fan Translation

okay, this is a fan translation of a GBA game, but it still applies.

This guy has been going through and translating this game for over a year. In doing so he has run up against alot of problems.

an (4-6) character limit that works fine for the Japanese Kanji, but not so good with English Letters

A game ending bug that has to do with significant text. He ran into it while translating. Not a problem on GBA, but when you translate it, it does.

text and sprite warping because of said character limits.

sound hacking

making sure this didn't change the script...

He isn't doing this 24/7, but it has taken him a while.

That's just 1 team, a fan team. wih limited rescources, funding, timing, etc. SE is an incredibly large corporation with countless staff, near unlimited funding(i seriously doubt they're running low on cash), and teams working 24/7. There is a HUUUUGE difference dude. :s

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

Yeah 3 months isnt alot, but should i get it after i got the japanese version? I mean i do have kh-vids after all...

Get it anyway. It's only $30 and we need to show SE that their kindness of bringing this here is not without reward.....
They better adopt an attitude of bringing this stuff here more often, if they want my money.

Absurd

Get it anyway. It's only $30 and we need to show SE that their kindness of bringing this here is not without reward.....
They better adopt an attitude of bringing this stuff here more often, if they want my money.
Har har. Agreed. <3 Swap magic though. Ill just get it as a hanukah gift. (YES IMA JEW XD) but im not cheap.
SE has so much potential in the NA, much more than in japan, i believe. I just wonder why they have that "Japanese Pride, Screw NA, they have the original" attitude lol.

Ren

adios motherfucker

I just wonder why they have that "Japanese Pride, Screw NA, they have the original" attitude lol.

They tend to throw in extras when they ship the KH games over here. So then they release another one for Japan (aka the FM's). I don't want to imagine how long they would throw that back and forth until they run out of money if we got FM's.

Absurd

I have Swap Magic and pre-ordered KH2FM+ when it came out and I'm still getting this :p
Plus hearing Marluxia in English gets me all hot inside.

BUT WE HAVENT HEARD MARLUXIA IN ENGLISH YET XD
What really gets me fired up is playing as lexeaus if the code ever comes out :D

EDIT: Would they really run out of money by making it again but better?

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

SE has so much potential in the NA, much more than in japan, i believe. I just wonder why they have that "Japanese Pride, Screw NA, they have the original" attitude lol.

God that was boderlining Racist...for some reason I agree. >.>

BUT WE HAVENT HEARD MARLUXIA IN ENGLISH YET XD
What really gets me fired up is playing as lexeaus if the code ever comes out :D

I'm waiting for Vexen. :snugglies bug eyed freak: What!? >.>

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

I've always pictured Marluxia's voice in English a little bit like Vincent's from FFVII. Except that not as deep as his.

Other than Marluxia, the only other voice I am worried about them screwing up is Larxene's.

Absurd

God that was boderlining Racist...for some reason I agree. >.>

I'm waiting for Vexen. :snugglies bug eyed freak: What!? >.>

Honestly vexen would be my second favorite. I LOVE HIM <3. *hugs his shield* *Vexen freezes me* XD
I guess it was racist, but you gotta admit that its true. :p

Ren

adios motherfucker

Hell, I want to hear how they dub the laughs.
Especially Repliku's.

Cissy

Bronze Member

I'm worried about Diz.

Christopher Lee can only talk to Disney characters for so long before he blows a retirement fuse.

Absurd

Especially Repliku's.

I wanna hear how they dub VEXEN's laugh XD its one amazing laugh, he laughs like a maniac, i wish i could do that :(

EDIT: Ditto, Chocobo.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

*tumbleweed blows by*
It feels weird without monkeybutt here angsting over this with us.

As far as the FM issue, KH2 had no changes. In fact, we got the crappier version. No Hydra blood or pirate guns! WTF
So the whole "Let's keep KH2FM to ourselves" is just cold-blooded. :/

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that the game uses kanji that I can't read. :/

Especially Repliku's.

I'm more interested in hearing 20-year-old Sora.....lmao.

They'll probably just have him record, go into Audacity, and up the pitch by like 20 points. XD

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

I think Marluxia will sound more like Naraku from Inuyasha.

ChocobosComet

Blinky KITTY!
Website
usagi-cho.deviantart.com

Honestly vexen would be my second favorite. I LOVE HIM <3. *hugs his shield* *Vexen freezes me* XD
I guess it was racist, but you gotta admit that its true.

Someone else that loves Vexen! YAY!!!! He's soo creepy, I love eeet. >:3

It's okay, I'm actually Half Japanese and a big part of that side of my heritage. It didn't bug me and for the most part it was true.

*EDIT*

Gaaaah! Freaking lag! D:<

Absurd

*tumbleweed blows by*
It feels weird without monkeybutt here angsting over this with us.

As far as the FM issue, KH2 had no changes. In fact, we got the crappier version. No Hydra blood or pirate guns! WTF
So the whole "Let's keep KH2FM to ourselves" is just cold-blooded. :/

It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that the game uses kanji that I can't read. :/

I'm more interested in hearing 20-year-old Sora.....lmao.

They'll probably just have him record, go into Audacity, and up the pitch by like 20 points. XD

Yeah, if they can keep the voices english, why not the menus and the script? lol. But then that would ruin the purpose of having it in japan.... DAMN YOU SQUARE ENIXXXXXXXX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back