• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS series releasing on Switch via cloud streaming on February 10th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

maximumlight8

Awards
so upon doing a bit of testing, it seems like KH2 is the PREPATCHED PC version of KH2. The same prepatch issues are in the game.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
This is the same fandom that bought entire consoles for the games, I'm not that surprised
And the one that bought an entire collection of games again just to get a cardboard box 8D

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
And the one that bought an entire collection of games again just to get a cardboard box 8D
I bought a PS3 in anticipation of the inevitable Kingdom Hearts II sequel.

I did both these things....

In my defense, at least the ReMIXes came out on PS3--finally, Final Mix content!!!--so it wasn't a total waste (plus, the FFX and FFXII Remasters). This is why I'm waiting to buy the PS5 until FFXVI or the next KH game is out. Not making that mistake again.

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I didn't buy a ps3 for it, I bought it b/c of other games, but the ReMIXes were a bonus..and I'm not buying a ps5 until I see three RPGs I like. Only one coming up right now, and well, I hope a KH game is one of them. ^^

Hopefully by then it won't be so stupid hard to get ahold of one! I just think it's stupid to try to buy a console for one game, and that's saved me. Tho I've wanted to smack my brother, he wanted a ps5 for the new Crash Bandicoot game. /hits said brother with a paper fan

Last edited:

Soldier

Awards
Hopefully by then it won't be so stupid hard to get ahold of one! I just think it's stupid to try to buy a console for one game, and that's saved me. Tho I've wanted to smack my brother, he wanted a ps5 for the new Crash Bandicoot game. /hits said brother with a paper fan
Yeah smack em good! for me it's Spyro, KH or bust!

Thirtysixway

Awards
Website
noobbox.com
In general playing KH1 for several hours via cloud on the switch, I found it to be stable if nobody else was using the Internet (even with an Ethernet cable) because any spike in latency even briefly will cause interruptions. I'd say yes it's totally playable, but I'm also on the hunt for a PS4 because I can't imagine playing this way regularly through all 10 games.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It gets better (by which I mean worse): https://kotaku.com/kingdom-hearts-cloud-version-switch-1-03-update-servers-1848924965/amp

However, the patch’s other new feature is mostly unique to the Switch’s controversial, cloud-streamed Kingdom Hearts games. Now, new messages on the game selection screen warn you of any “server congestion” that the titles might be experiencing. If a game you want to play is currently dealing with busy servers, you can still try playing it, but it likely won’t be a great experience.

While it’s nice to know before playing if a game will work properly, it’s also terrible that this even needed to be added in the first place and a solid example of why so many folks aren’t sold on streaming games via services like Stadia or Amazon Luna. That’s not to say it isn’t a useful or powerful technology; I think what Xbox is doing with its cloud streaming and Game Pass is awesome, letting you play fancy games like Gears 5 on a phone. However, Microsoft also lets you install all of its games, so if the servers are slow or you don’t want to deal with lag, you can just play a native version of the game on your local machine. (This is also very important for game preservation!)

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
come-on-oh-come-on.gif

SuperNova

Awards
And with the news of Persona series coming to the Switch, KH continues to be the red headed step child for SE.

Back