• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: The Apocalypse {Rp Chapter 2}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~ Kingdom of the Sun ~

~- Slip Past His Defense -~

Seriously, what the hell was the issue with Tony's brother? Always going off over the most inconsequential of details, and now Zack was ready to blow just because of the look that the kid had given him. "Think I mighta pushed this one too far this time," Tony muttered, dodging another of Zack's heavy swings as the other man's eyes slipped further into the range of gold. "Crap, might have a little Rage going on here..."

"And what do you want to find Leyla for?”

Jumping back from the mounting tension, Tony's attention immediately snapped to Timmy as the teen asked the million dollar question. Despite knowing he'd already screwed up by letting her name slip in the first place, Tony heard himself ask, "Wait, you know Rozen?"

Before anymore could be said, though, a familiar voice broke the air, bleeding out the tension. Spinning around, Tony found himself giving a surprised gasp at the woman walking toward them from the jungle. "Cheza?"

Tony couldn't believe it, but it was true. They'd actually found someone! He barely even heard Cheza scolding them, he didn't really pay attention to how Zack's expression changed to a look of pure joy as he swung the diminutive blond up into a massive hug, such utter relief on his face that it damn near broke Tony's heart.

Tony? Can you come over?

No. He wasn't going there. Slamming the wall back to full height, Tony turned away from Cheza and Zack for a moment, giving the two of them as private a moment for their reunion as possible. Facing Timmy again, Tony sized the kid up as the boy seemed to watch Zack and Cheza with a stony expression. Blue-violet eyes catching the brown ones, Tony decided that he might as well use the opening he'd given them earlier by letting Leyla's name slip. "How do you...?"

“I hate to break up such a touching reunion, but I believe I asked you a question.”

It seemed the kid had about as much patience as Zack. Timmy talked right over Tony, his voice laced with enough bitterness to slice through a weaker heart. As it was, Tony could sense that Zack now held Cheza close to his side, his fingers squeezing her tight to him in a protective display. Tony didn't need his twin telepathy to tell him that's what Zack was doing. The look in Timmy's eyes was so hard, so cold, it reminded Tony of how Zack's face looked when the Rage started getting the better of his brawler brother.

Taking a step forward, Tony made sure Timmy's attention was focused on him before he said anything. "Leyla's a friend of the family, one of my kid brother's closest friends, in fact. She's..." here, Tony lost his words, as another voice rose in his head.

What did you do?

I don't think I can do this...​

Like a drum, baby don't stop beating. Like a drum, baby don't stop beating.​

Hold on! Please, just hold on!

Please....​

Don't stop beating...​

"Tony?"

Tony jumped, shocked out of his reverie by a soft touch on his arm. Tilting his head, he looked into Cheza's eyes, their soft blue-green clouded with worry. Shaking his head, he gave her a shaky smile, trying to reassure her that he was fine. A crease etched itself across her face, but Cheza let it go for the moment.

He was very careful to keep his eyes on her face.

Cheza moved past him, and Tony heard an almost feline whine from behind him. Crap, again. Clearly, Zack had slipped far enough into the Rage that some of the tiger's mannerism's had slipped into Zack's own. Cheza had arrived just in time to save the day, from the looks of things. Tony really didn't feel like dealing with the fallout of Zack eating someone today.

He'd dealt with that enough times to last him ten lifetimes.

But still, Tony felt himself tensing as Cheza moved closer to the agitated Timmy. Carefully, she worked her right glove off as she said in a soft, soothing tone, "Leyla's a dear friend, one we've missed sorely for the past two years. I'm certain this is something you'd understand, yet I also sense that you won't take our word for it. Things have changed so much recently, it's rather difficult to trust strangers, especially when those very same people look like they can take your head off with barely a thought. So, instead of trying to convince you with words, perhaps I can show you a different way?"

Tony reached out, stopping Zack as the other man took a step forward, anxiety written clearly on his face. Catching Zack's attention, Tony shook his head, telling his twin to just back off for a moment. Zack gave him a look that said he thought Tony was crazy, but he stayed back for the moment, watching Cheza and Timmy carefully.

Cheza kept talking in a soothing tone, ignoring Tony and Zack for the moment. Keeping Zack where he was, Tony watched Cheza raise her ungloved hand in a clear invitation for Timmy to take it. "I can't see in the traditional sense any longer, but that doesn't mean I can't See. Take my hand, and let me look. But I need to warn you, this power of mine can be dangerous at times. I don't... I don't think it will hurt you, but it's still something you should be aware of. So, will you show me? Will you let me look at your memories of Leyla?"

Last edited:

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
~Light~

The darkness was spreading and Thanatos was laughing. As the darkness overflooded his senses Timmy wondered dimly where it had all gone wrong. He wondered how one slip could send him this far back into the dark. But those thoughts were chased away by ice and fury and suddenly Timmy was preparing himself to attack. These three.. they had the nerve to insult him and flaunt their reunion in front of him? They wanted to find Leyla and take her away from him and the group? He’d KILL...

A soft soothing voice broke through the haze of pain. Timmy blinked as the blonde stepped towards him, whispering kind, warm words to him. Words of comfort, words of reassurance. He felt himself relax and the fire slowly replace the ice as she spoke.

"Leyla's a dear friend, one we've missed sorely for the past two years. I'm certain this is something you'd understand...”

Understand? Of course he did. He understood it better than anyone what it was like to miss someone. Two years... has it really been that long? It seemed like just yesterday they were laughing and watching the sunset..

“...yet I also sense that you won't take our word for it. Things have changed so much recently, it's rather difficult to trust strangers, especially when those very same people look like they can take your head off with barely a thought.” the woman continued and Timmy nodded slowly, thinking about the last world he was on. About the rangers and Aria.

“So, instead of trying to convince you with words, perhaps I can show you a different way?"

Timmy cocked his head to the side in confusion. A different way? How was he supposed to see anything in a different way? It wasn’t like he could see auras like Leyla could. The woman stepped closer to him, hand outstretched and Timmy took a step backwards, the darkness returning to him with a vengeance. It screamed at him to stay the hell away from this woman, her light and her naked hand. He squinted, trying to clear his vision as darkness swirled around and darkened his sight. Thanatos was slamming into his heart, making the cracks grow larger and larger.

"I can't see in the traditional sense any longer, but that doesn't mean I can't See. Take my hand, and let me look. But I need to warn you, this power of mine can be dangerous at times. I don't... I don't think it will hurt you, but it's still something you should be aware of. So, will you show me? Will you let me look at your memories of Leyla?"

Thanatos screamed no as Timmy forced his hand up and took the stranger’s, listening to the warmth and opening his heart to her. He drew his memories of his surrogate best friend to him and laid them out for her to see. Traverse Town, their adventures, the way she helped him and he her. He poured out his warm feelings for his friend, wanting to show her how close the duo was. But the memories of Traverse Town took a dark turn as the heartless came and destroyed it, killing many and infecting many more. He showed her his memories of Mackinekin Town, of his own reunion with the girl. The memories came one after another, rushing through his mind as the warmth clutched him. Now his memories had turned to the meeting with Masquerade and the aftermath. Of his battle with Thanatos and all it entailed, nightmares included. Of his bone deep fear of her that came as a result of that fight. He showed her the space battle and Aaron...

But then things changed again. Memories of Aaron lead to memories of his home. Of Shiki. Suddenly that’s all he remembered. Memories of his time with her swirled around his own mind like a tornado as he relieved them. Their first meeting, their first kiss, their first disagreement. Her disappearance. His desperation. She was his sun and he wanted her back. Why couldn’t he bask in her sunlight again? Why was this all happening? Why?

He dimly felt the tears start sliding down his face as that single word ripped through his heart, cracks deepening even more as he felt himself get lost in the light from the girl seeing into his heart.

Why?

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
~Missing Pieces Pt. 1 of 3~

Blast! Crash! Screams.

Pieces of ships colliding in the depths of space, others blasting out their attacks toward one another thing... but what had happened earlier... what is it so important that the screams of the innocent and heroes are not important enough to forget..

Let's go back, and relive the events that had to unfold so that we further understand.....

Swirling down the void of eternal darkness, Sononea starts to wake to the voice talking. "Huh... whe....where am I?"

Relive your past and find out yourself how you ended here....

".... my... past.....?" Suddenly memories started flooding threw Sononea's mind, and images started fade from the black of the void, showing the horror he had cause, hearing screaming from each distant image to only realize it was him.
"What is happening to me! Why am I screaming!!! AHH STOP!!" After that everything went back to black. Only do to his eyes being shut, but when he reopened them, he had forgotten everything only to be back in Machikhen Town, waking up in his bed with a smile on his face. "Today is the day, we kill off the keybladers that tried to protect this pathetic town... Excellent.. the master will be pleased"

----------------------------------------------------------

After getting out of bed he finished getting ready, he proceeded outside where the others were to leave. Pink/Lexis was already waiting as usual. She had the emotion of reasoning, so her reasoning is, better early then late, then she won't be vaporized into nothingness.

"Hello Lexis. Are you prepared?" Sononea walked behind her, looking forward as she stood by her glider made by Ceal, of the last gifts to the team before completely disappearing.

"Yes. after examining these vehicles, they seem to be almost perfect, barriers of different kinds, almost as if it was already predicting the abilities of our enemies. A what seems to a flawless weapon system, from to close combat to range, to fleeing, which I don't understand what that's their for but, worst case scenarios I would assume." she said well touching her vehicle, which came in a dark pink metallic material paint. "

"Yes.. Ceal tends-" Sononea choked on his words "Tended, to over compensate, but always seemed to get his assignments done." He said looking over the fleet of weaponized ships. Even one for Sononea, an obvious dark green... almost as if the paint was still dripping off the ship. "He was always 3 steps ahead of me, but all we can assume now is that he was MIA... Killed maybe.. but nothing is for a fact, but it seems each of these ships are intended to amplify our abilities"

"I assumed so from the beginning , he was our creator you know. " Pink said with a pause, realizing everyone had gotten there. The evil trio, Sononea who was already present, Masquerade the witch of pure craziness and darkness, and Aaron the mysterious quite one. Oh and Masquerade's pet Aria. Followed by the rest of the KETF.

"Today is the day, they all die, but let's not kill them all off, we still need to find out where these roaches hide.. after all, where there is one there is 20. Get in your ships, we leave now!"

Everyone approached their corresponding ships, Aaron, Masquerade and Aria having their own ships as well. As soon as each one approached their specific guilder, the glass windows slid open, and everyone got inside, the KETF now in their armor. "Now then, everyone let's get going" as if they all knew what to do, without ever being in this guilder, they hit a button that started their guilders, and they began to take off, pressing another button that opened a dark corridor in the middle of the air, in which each one took until each ship was gone. With a smile upon Sononea's face, there it was... the ship.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~ Kingdom of the Sun ~

~- Prophecy -~

Just before Timmy took her hand, Cheza saw things from Zack's perspective. She saw Tony, and she nearly gasped in dismay. He'd always been the leaner of the twins, but Tony was now painfully thin from the last time she'd seen him, his clothes somewhat ill fitting compared to how they use to sit on his muscular frame. She noted the band of tartan snugged tight around his right biceps, a thin white ribbon wrapped just as closely against the deep green, black, icy violet, and pale blue patterned cloth. She felt her heart clench as she finally focused on his eyes. They were so still, tense as he watched her and Timmy, but even past the subtle battle readiness of his gaze, she saw the same, desperate pain that had haunted his eyes for years.

She worried for him, the man she loved dearly as her brother, but Cheza's attention focused next on Timmy as Zack's eyes landed on him. This boy's eyes were shadowed as well, speaking of numerous, untold trials, pains, and hardships that had been tempered by the support of close friends, but those grievances were still there to be seen by the perceptive.

She also saw the darkness the boy grappled with, and she felt her heart go out to him. While it sometimes seemed that Tony's constant button pressing and egging of Zack were rather juvenile behaviors, they were actually very calculated ways of angering Zack just enough to keep his on going training active without being too much and pushing him into the Rage. Even though he'd been born with the Rage as his Weapon Skill, and he'd had ten years to master it, Zack still had to work hard to keep his control. In several ways, the Rage was almost like the Heartless infestation that the Hybrids suffered from, just much less malevolent. Cheza could see that Timmy was a Hybrid just as easily as she could sense the Rage within Zack, and she hoped that the boy would come to trust them enough to allow them to help him.

Cheza had no more time for thought, because that was when Timmy's fingers curled around her own. Her vision hazed, then cleared, showing her image after image of Timmy with a girl that sported short, white hair and bright green eyes. This surprised Cheza for a moment, as the girl she knew had long, softly curling strawberry blond hair. But as she watched his memories, as she experienced the companionship and trust the two had for each other, and she saw the girl move, heard her speak, saw the way she conveyed confidence through her body, Cheza knew. Timmy's Leyla was their Leyla.

They'd found her.

Cheza felt tears prick her eyes as her own memories flowed through into his mind. She showed him races on the beach, the four Hunter brothers, she, Leyla, Lily, and the other girls each taking part in a different leg of the event. She remembered one particular day when a summer shower appeared out of the blue, the mad dash the ten of them had made for Lily and Rhys' house, laughing all the way. She remembered how the brothers had started playing, soft, hypnotic music pulling the three older girls to their feet. Enraptured, Leyla, Arianne, and Melody watched them, before they too were pulled to their feet, invited to dance with the elder sisters. She remembered the rhythm, the harmony they'd all experienced, the six of them dancing together, each of the younger girls pairing up with one of the three older.

Her own memories faded as Timmy's took a darker turn, and Cheza felt her heart clench at the same time that she gasped softly. Leyla, trembling in fear, as a girl with raven hair and blazing ruby eyes watched her, a queer, cruel twist to her pale mouth. Masquerade, the name ghosted across Cheza's mind. Both girls had wings extended, the woman noted, Masquerade with wings of night, and Leyla's snow white. The joking descriptive Tony so often applied to Leyla was really true. The girl was an angel.

Timmy's thoughts turned again, this time showing Cheza people she'd never met, but she could clearly feel meant the world to Timmy. A boy, and a girl, revealed to be two close friends of Timmy's as the memories unfolded. The girl appeared faster and faster, and his heart ached deeper and deeper, and Cheza felt her own throat swell tight as his pain became clear to her. She was an empathetic creature; she wanted to wrap him up tightly in a hug until all of the pain and uncertainty bled out of him. The tone of her thoughts changed, reflecting this motherly desire to protect him, to ease his sorrow.

But then, pain arced through her mind, a sharp, stabbing lance of white-hot energy. Crying out, Cheza wrenched her hand away from Timmy's, it and its brethren flying up to tangle in her hair. Her knees giving out, she collapsed to the ground, just barely aware that Zack had rushed to her side. His arms circled around her, and she leaned into him, drawing strength as he whispered softly, "Don't fight against it. Ride it out, Chez, and tell me what you see."

But she couldn't say what she saw. Everything was jumbled, everything...

Wings, everywhere. Obscuring her vision, making it difficult to see what was happening behind the feathers. A boy, running, weapon drawn, a dark, indecipherable look to his eyes...

Pain arced up her arm, wrapping around and sideways. She felt like the limb was being sawed off, and yet there was almost no blood. Extreme heat mingled with the pain, cauterizing the wound...

A girl, standing behind another girl, her head lowered at her victim's neck. A soft, husky voice, the words too low for her to hear, before the one standing behind disappeared, and the other, now unsupported, collapsed...

One will save the worlds. One will bring them to ruin.

Words holding terrible power, to be certain. But before she could settle on them, she heard questions, spoken in rage. Spinning around, she saw a girl pinning a boy to the ground, rage clear in the girl's eyes, causing the green to spark with brittle gold, as the girl glared into the boy's amber eyes. Beyond, she could just see familiar forms, tall, towering forms...

The same girl, her back turned to the boy, her shoulders stiff in defense. Deep gray wings, mottled with black, unfurled behind her as Leyla took to the air, leaving Timmy on the ground...

"Breath." Zack's voice slowly penetrated the fog, and Cheza took a shaky breath, her slight frame trembling violently as the vision finally released her. Zack held her closer in response, strong arms gently encircling her as he reached a hand up, running his finger lightly across her upper lip, drawing a path through a small rivulet of warmth that had appeared there. Her tongue flicking out, Cheza felt the tang of copper and salt on her taste buds.

The vision had caused a nosebleed.

She felt concern from Tony, but Zack kept his at bay as he asked her again in that same soft, soothing tone, "Relax, Chez. Deep breaths. What did you see?"

Cheza shook her head slightly, then winced as the pounding in her head flared higher. "I... I don't know. I couldn't see that well. But I felt..." Closing her eyes, she remembered the acidic feel of fear, the bitterness and utter hatred that had pulsed through the vision. Her voice hoarse, she turned blind eyes on Timmy and whispered, "Betrayal. I felt... such betrayal. Such... pain. Be careful, Timmy. A betrayal lies in your future, one that could be irreparable. Darkened wings..."

Her voice fading, Cheza closed her eyes, trying to find some sense to the vision as its aftershocks pounded through her mind.

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~ Hitoshio Spring ~

~- Can't Be Found, Though I've Searched -~

Esperanza looked up at the night sky, her eyes scanning for something she couldn't quite find. She knew that this world wasn't the one she needed, but that didn't stop her from searching. Again, the woman came up empty handed, seeing no sign that the person she was searching for was anywhere near by. Pulling her cloak tighter around herself, she glanced around the small, tiny village she'd been hiding in for the past few weeks. Esper leaned against the rock that was behind her, the rough texture of it biting into her skin; but that didn't matter to her even in the slightest.

Her right hand raised to her arm, her fingers brushing the skin that was there and alerting her again to the bandage around her upper arm. Esper frowned slightly, before the sound of running water drew her attention back to the spring, where two wolves; a mother (which was bigger) and a smaller one stood at the edge, staring down at the pond uncertainly. Laughing softly at their reaction, Esper climbed to her feet and walked over to see what had their attention; even as she felt a pang of sorrow.

"What are you up to Ammy?"

The wolf turned to look at her and barked quickly, before the wolf focused back on the small pup by her feet. Pulling up to the wolf's side, she tentatively reached out a hand and scratched the white furred canine behind the ears. "Come on pretty girl, you know I don't mean it that way. It's just you know Chibi shouldn't come with us, it's far too danger with the mission that has to get done."

Amaterasu looked at her skeptically, almost like the wolf didn't believe her. Which Esper couldn't blame the sun goddess on, she didn't believe herself. Looking up at the sky again, Esperanza sighed and sat down on the edge; so her feet could dangle in the water. "There is so much to do, and such little time." She whispered softly, already sensing that the darkness was growing stronger by the second. After several moments of pondering by the water, the woman shook her head and climbed back to her feet; knowing just what she had to do that time around. Looking at the the two wolves, she smiled at the bigger one and said politely, "Thanks Ammy, I think I know how to bring everything to a close now. Also if you happen to see the one I told you about, would you help them out?"

Amaterasu slowly nodded her head, acknowledging and agreeing to Esperanza's remark. Relieved, she bent down and gave Chibiterasu a quick scratch behind the ears before she summoned a vortex of darkness and walked through it; moving onto the next world to find what it was she longed for; even though it wasn't very likely.

Last edited:

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
~A Kingdom & A Princess~

"So, what are you doing here."

"Such a odd question to ask when you already know the answer well don't you think," Green asked as quite a well sized group meant them outside however the man Maxcheil wanted to meet was not in the rows of faces that came out. Yet two particular girls did immediately catch the tacticians attention. one ironically was the one Purple seemed to have taken a strong liking to. He sighed at his partners flirtatious nature.

"I apologize for my partners "playful" nature you can blame or master for that but don't expect him to listen.....or be awake for that matter," Green said with another sigh as he thought about how lazily master Soneana really was. Ironic how such powerful beings like the keyblade hunting force were under such a lazily man.

"Cecil was the one I was hoping to have the audience with though this does make verifying were you all landed on this plant much.... easier to confirm. I guess I should thank you for that. Such a lovely land you have here I must admit... I don't really get out much like Purple and the others do to my position so I enjoy the scenes I do get to see before... they vanish from existence," Maxcheil responded as a small gust of wind past through the now silent area. That was definitely a threat direct at all of them if one had ever been thrown out. Yet the way it was presented it sounded like the Green coded nobody wanted to avoid that. Clearly he wanted to see Cecil even though most of their main targets were now right in front of them. Whatever the reason it seemed Green had matters to discuss with Cecil who he considered the higher authority on this world... which did indeed hit the mark... the question most possed was why.

"Though by all means if you want to waste time trying to "chase those Rangers off!" ...," Green spoke repeating a bit of Leyla's earlier statement before they had gone out to confront Green, and Purple.... how had he heard that bit? He smirked for a moment as right behind the group a sudden spike in darkness could be felt as a small hybrid bird shot past them landing faithfully on Greens shoulder... a intelligence spy type clearly.... it had latched onto Kitridge's shadow when Green had halted the ninja girls attack on Purple.

"I already knew were you were the moment you landed on this land... how unfortunate that you gave up the position of the others... well for you," Green spoke his voice still as emotionless as usual when dealing with the enemy.

"Well then Miss Kitridge you seem to be the one to call the shot. I simply wish to speak to Cecil right now, and am not looking for a fight at the time. However if you want to shorten the time I come after you and your friends I have no qualm with that... though it just means ill have to be more aggressive to this land to probable get my desired audience.... your choice," the nobody spoke his eye's directly stabbing into Kitridges his whole being and pressure being forced into her very spot as he awaited a response. He wasn't to worried about her friends at the moment if one of them tried to strike him while he wasn't looking Rixue would handle that.

"Rixue don't attack unless they do first."

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~ Blue Planet ~

~- Afraid to Lose Control -~

Rixue listened to the conversation, noticing how Kit seemed both scared and composed in front of them. Sneaking a look in Green's direction to see if he also noticed this, she focused back on the girl to see how she blanched when Green put all the pressure on her to decide if a fight would take place or if they would be allowed to see the king. "Well, I..." Kit started, before she shut up and lowered her gaze; not sure how to answer that...or at least the way she wished.

It was at this point the white-blond haired teenager to her direct right stepped forward and said coolly, "I'm sorry, but King Cecil is in another kingdom; but the prince is in." He did a mock bow, and Rixue noticed the spike in darkness that he gave off with those words; backing up his implied claim of being Cecil's son. She cocked her head to the side, trying to gauge the level of threat that this boy possessed, before her eyes darted around to everyone in the crowd; noticing that they all posed some kind of threat to them.

"We're not looking for trouble, Your Highness," she spoke carefully, not wanting to provoke the prince into a war.

I don't care about the others, but at least see about bringing in Kit and Leyla alive in at all costs.

Rixue stiffened at the message, shocked that White had made contact before she snapped the link shut again. "Okay, that was weird," she muttered to Maxcheil.

She focused back on the crowd, but mainly the one that was the son of their target. She saw the way he kept his face blank, trying to judge and gauge what kind of threat they were like she had been doing just a few moments ago. She watched the way his mouth turned up a little at the end, causing a half-smile effect on him. "I can tell that, and you have given us no reason to cause you problems. I would love to tell you where my father resides so you can have your audience with him, but I'm afraid to say, that he gave us a mission to accomplish around he and he informed me that he would be seeing no one until the mission has been accomplished. So, what do you two say? Care to accompany us on our task so you two may speak with my father, or do you want to insist on wasting your precise time by standing around here arguing?"

This caught her off guard, he was seriously a bold one; and she could also tell that he was being brutally honest. Glancing at Green for a split second, she looked back at the prince and answered, "I'm not sure about my friend here, but I'll accompany you since you said that's the only way to get an audience with your father, what's your name?"

She watched him as he leveled cold, skeptical blue eyes on her as he answered, "Ceodore. Now, what about you sir, I’m sure you can see the logic in all of this?” He asked, only the tiniest bit sarcastic, as he turned his gaze to Maxcheil, waiting for an answer from him; and leaving those that had grown up with him shocked at his icy attitude toward the two Nobodies.

Last edited:

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~Mysidia - The Sky Falls~~~~~~~~

It started as a rumble throughout the land, as soft as a rumble could get while also being noticed. The town of Mysidia, the capital of which all magic users eventually visit at least once, was the first to feel this tremble grow into something much more. It was as if a massive thunderstorm erupted along with the shattering quakes, yet the sky held nothing more than the odd white cloud on an otherwise clear day.

Still, the rumbling grew worse and the cracking of something mighty echoed loudly for all to hear. It wasn't until the first of many chunks of rock slammed into the outskirts of the magic filled town, that those who lived there could look on in horror at the source of trouble first hand.

~~~~~~~~~Mount Ordeals Summit (Short Time Earlier) - Prepare the Offering~~~~~~~~~

"Yes milady, I'll try to find it, but if the last few years are anything to go by, it'll take me a while to find it. So I beg your pardon for the delay, ma'am." Riku said, trying his best to apologize to the Ancient Queen who merely cupped and stroked his cheek once more with her long sickly fingers.

"We are certain you will please your Queen in time."

"Although, I suspect why I know there's been a delay in finding the lock for this world, milady. There are people here who can command the darkness, so I suspect that one of them has done something to conceal it from us."

"Concealed, for now that may be. It will be a mere will from us to pry open this world's lock. It should be simpler to draw those of darkness to us, than to search for them." It was Danu's purple eyes through the slits of her emerald mask that blazed brightly at first. Soon though an aura surrounded her intimidating staff as the entire summit of the mountain began to rumble.

Cracking free from the solid rock, as if a dagger was pulled from a body, the large shard of stone rose slightly into the air with both Danu and Riku safely on top. The gash left behind from this show of magic revealed much more of the decay and rot that had slowly spread throughout the mountain since the Queen's arrival. The dark tendrils flared and spread now that they were out in the open, coiling around the buried bones of the countless people who had once traversed the mountain in ages past.

Turning her sight towards one of the small peaks of the mountain close by, the head of the Queen's staff blazed a much more darker aura just before the sound similar to thunder erupted as another chunk of earth was effectively torn from the face of Mount Ordeals once more. With a swing of her staff, that same chunk followed Danu's very own movement, flung out wildly through the air and disappearing through the thick mists that circled the mountain's peak.

"Bring who you say is keeping the lock from your Queen. The Offerings must begin soon, starting with this world."

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
"I looked, and there was a pale horse, and its rider's name was Death. Hell followed him. They were given power over one-fourth of the earth to kill people using wars, famines, plagues, and the wild animals on the earth."

The Kingdom of the Sun, one of the many worlds that had been discovered in the Lanes Between. Sifted through the barriers of darkness to unveil this cloaked beauty. But this also opens the world to its utmost vulnerability. Vulnerable to the clutches of the Darkness, free to be twisted at its own malevolent accord.

The Skies of the Kingdom began to part as a cluster of meteorites showered down from the heavens. Among those cluster, was an unusually large one, and it looked like it was moving. Like a beating heart of a god being cast down from the heavens. Actually, this meteorite was no rock at all, it was an intense battle. A battle between a massive, hulking heartless and a caped figure. The two entities brawling their guts out even at free fall.

The caped figure broke the deadlock as it stabbed the heartless with multiple blades and then striking it with a huge sword up its noggin'. Moments later after what seemed like hours of free-falling, they crashed outside or just in the outskirts of the illustrious Incan Citadel. Their fall created a massive explosion upon impact. And in that crater of the impact, lies a dead Abomination heartless. With its body impaled by numerous swords all over its rotting body. And atop of that carcass was the caped figure; holding both his blades and had it dug deep within the Heartless's flesh.

He heaved heavily, exhausted by the battle, bullets of sweat dripping from his cheeks. It took a lot of effort for his part. After recuperating for just a short while, he crawled out of the crater and discarded his weapons. "Wha--?" Only to be greeted with spear-tips pointing at him. The royal guards of the Incan Citadel who went to investigate the crater. "Who are you to trespass here!?" Angrily asked one of the guardsmen, pressing his spear closer to the caped stranger, which made the stranger held up his hands. "Whoa! W-w-wait! Th-this is all a misunderstanding! You see... you see... I--uhh... got lost here somehow...? Heh... Heh."A rather lame excuse of the caped stranger mixed together with a very sheepish smile and nervous disposition. His mind is still jumbled-up from the free fall and he can't think of a good alibi.

The guardsmen looked at each other in confusion. Confused than the newcomer himself. "So you play us for fools eh?" One of the guardsmen began losing his temper.
"Please, no need for violence! If you wanna apprehend me just do it, don't hurt me." A utterly pathetic response. The stranger felt himself shrinking with humiliation. "I'll ask again, who--are you?" Asked the guardsman one more time.

"Sairu---Sairu Hayden. A drifter."

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~ Blue Planet ~

~- Dark Warrior -~

Riku felt mildly intoxicated at Danu's touch, only for him to find himself floating in the air. He quickly blinked the haze from his eyes and looked down; noticing now that they were floating in the air; something that didn't bother the armor clad man very much. If anything he felt more comfortable in the air than he did on the ground; he watched as Danu flung a chunk of rock toward the nearby town. "Concealed, for now that may be. It will be a mere will from us to pry open this world's lock. It should be simpler to draw those of darkness to us, than to search for them."

"Bring who you say is keeping the lock from your Queen. The Offerings must begin soon, starting with this world."

Riku nodded at the order, watching the destruction of the mountain for a few more moments as he said, "I'll see if I can find them, I'm just not sure if they're here or if they're on another world." Even as he said this, Riku's eyes were glued onto a shrine of some sort, he could sense the magic that was preventing Danu from damaging that area; and whatever this force was had him seriously impressed. He reluctantly looked away and focused on the town of Mysidia, sensing a familiar pull in that direction that captured his curiosity. Calling his wings, the corrupted twilight wielder turned to Danu and asked politely, "With your permission Your Majesty, I'd like to head over to Mysidia and have a look around, I can sense fellow users of the dark over there."

~- Demon's Fate -~

Rubicante ran along the ground, being careful to keep his fire magic under control. He heard the cold, cruel laughter that drifted from all sides; the waves crashing against the shore in times to the howling wind and trembling earth. His eyes darted up in time to see a piece of Mt. Ordeals go flying; and while it was strange, Rubicante couldn't bring himself to care.

Run, run, run, run, run, run. Stay ahead of them and flee, I have to get to somewhere safe or risk destruction. He ordered himself mentally, feeling the fog from the fever start to cloud his mind again. Okay, just so it's clear; he's aware of how weird it sounds on a fire elemental getting a fever and becoming delusional from it; but that's not the point of the matter right now!

"Aw, what's the matter Rubi? I thought you liked it when I chased you!"

The cold laughter from his female companion, Barbariccia (also known as Empress of the Wind), made him shiver in fear even as he continued on his path. The gash on his arm was bleeding, staining the bandages that he had tied around it; even if they were done rather sloppily (but that's because of the current circumstances). He dove for cover behind a tree, and tried to catch his breath as another familiar voice taunted, "Leader ssssir, I thought you knew better; the earth isss my domain; and thus I can alwaysss find you."

Rubicante groaned inwardly as he rolled out of the way, landing hard on his injured side. Scrambling back to his feet, he spun around and mentally cursed his ally that stood in front of him. Scarmiglione sat there with a sadistic glee shining in his eyes, clearly trying to figure out how best to destroy the fire fiend. Taking a step back, Rubicante raised his hands up in a nonthreatening gesture; his mind working overtime to try and find a way out of his current predicament.

"Do you really think you can escape us?"

He spun around at the icy voice, the one that sounded like someone had drowned in the water and because of that they were cold and wanted nothing more than to make others feel that icy embrace. A jolt of fearful despair shot through him as he saw the demonic turtle-like thing that was his water empowered ally, Cagnazzo. He didn't bother turning to look as Barbariccia dropped down next to him; so between his former teammates and the close together ring of trees surrounding him; Rubicante was blocked in and had nowhere to run.

Well, that was almost the case.

Drawing as much heat to him as he could, he shot an apologetic look in his earth ally's direction before unleashing the flames on the terrain around him. It had the effect he was hoping for, Scarmigione howled with pain and fled; Cagnazzo had surrounded himself with a barrier of water and Barbariccia had taken to the sky. Taking the opening to run, Rubicante fled again; only for his water ally to recover fast enough to lash out at him. Feeling a wall of water behind him, Rubicante swore as it swept him off his feet and pulled him beneath the surface.

"Drown and perish beneath the tide Autarch of Flame."

The snarled order made him flinch, only for it to switch to panic as the water forced its way into his mouth. Closing his eyes tight, Rubicante prayed, for the first time; that he was either saved by someone or that he'd be permitted to die. He wouldn't have minded either set, as long as it meant that his torment was ended and he didn't have to worry about anything else.

~- Preparations -~

Kit felt shocked at Ceodore's offer for the two Nobodies to come with them; and she nearly protested when Ceodore glanced over his shoulder and met her gaze with his and said wordlessly, Keep your friends close, your enemies closer. Remember that old saying Kitridge? She slowly nodded her head, understanding dawning on her with that look; Ceodore wasn't doing it because he was being naive and trusting the Nobodies; it's more like he wanted to make sure they wouldn't slip off and do something stupid, like say go after King Cecil while they were working on that mission that Cecil sent the boys on.

"Wait, where are we going?" Kit asked suddenly, thinking about how the climate could be this time of year.

Lance looked at her funny, almost like he was shocked that she asked that before he answered, "We're going to Mt. Ordeals, how come?"

Kit turned that over for a few minutes in her mind, before she quickly walked toward the nearby shop. "We're going to be needing cloaks." She said over her shoulder, and before anyone could ask her why, she said in a rush, "Think about it guys, Mt. Ordeals is going to be cold this time of year; which means I'm going to be cold, Leyla's going to be cold and Purple over there's going to be cold which will lead to the girls standing at attention!" Her cheeks getting a slight pink tint as she hurriedly walked inside, leaving a shocked silence in her wake.

Shutting the door behind her, she looked around her, trying to figure out where the cloaks would be that she acquired for the task ahead of them. Spotting them in the corner, Kit felt a grin slide across her face she walked over and inspected them; feeling the spell that was cast on them to keep the wearer's body heat trapped close to the wearer so they were not freezing. Her fingers trail along the ice blue fabric of the one closest to her, admiring it and wishing she could get it.

"Are you on a mission from His Majesty, Cecil?"

The store clerk's voice drew Kit's attention to them, but Kit didn't bother turning around to look at them. "Yeah, I am, would it be okay if I could just borrow these?" She asked, tracing the fabric she watched as the clerk walked over; and reached out to start pulling cloaks off of the rack before handing it to them; their blue sleeve blocking out the color of their skin. Kit mentally cursed the black and white mages uniform once again around Mysidia; only for her attention to get pulled away as the ground started to tremble. "Oh no, this can't be good," she muttered, pulling the icy colored cloak around her shoulders; Kitridge grabbed the others and bolted for the door; forgetting to pay the clerk for the cloaks.

Stumbling a bit as soon as she set foot outside of the shop, Kit's eyes darted to Mt. Ordeals as Ceodore shouted, "What the hell is going on over there?"

"Who knows, but it's about time that we find out; don't you think?"

Kit's eyes darted to Lance and Ceodore; to see that both of them were concerned about what was going on. Running back over with the arm full of cloaks, she held them out to each member of the group and waited to see who would take the cloaks; Purple (Purple to a purple one), Izayoi (her's being royal blue) and Leyla were fast to take cloaks; closely followed by Ceodore and Lance grabbing a couple of cloaks, leaving it with just Rhys and Green needing to grab a couple of cloaks.

Looking at the two nonnative guys that needed the cloaks, Kit asked, "Would you two like the extra warmth for where we're going? Because even this time of year it's still pretty chill up the mountain, just thought you two would like to know that before we head out; assuming you're coming with us, um, Green."

~ Kingdom of the Sun ~

~- Time to Rescue the New Kid -~

The woman followed after the Emperor, her green eyes watching him from beneath the hood of her cloak. "So, what brings you here, ma'am?" The Emperor tossed over his shoulder, faking his interest in what her response was; which caused her to sneer at him from the safety of the shadows, only for the sneer to disappear as the Emperor added, "Speaking of, what's your name anyway?"

She glared at him icily, cursing him in her mind for being so bold and bratty to ask that of her, well either of the questions really. She looked up at the sky as something quickly approached the atmosphere, squinting at it to get a better look at it; she answered absent minded, "I'm just passing through and my name's Kixar." Following its direction as it crashed landed; it was only a few minutes later that they heard some shouting; turning in that direction Kixar immediately started heading toward it as she called back, "Excuse me Your Majesty, I want to check out the new arrival."

"How do you know there's a new arrival?"

Kixar didn't pay any mind to the Emperor's question, instead she kept walking toward the edge of town; listening as a voice said soothingly, "Please, no need for violence! If you wanna apprehend me just do it, don't hurt me."

The voice sounded pathetic and scared; leading to the Nobody putting an extra burst of speed in her step as she moved toward the source faster; completely leaving the Emperor behind her. She stepped outside of the boundaries of town and into view of the gathered group as the male voice identified himself as, "Sairu---Sairu Hayden. A drifter."

Turning her head toward him, Kixar quickly moved over as she said, "Stand down, this man is with me; and we're here to see the Emperor of this kingdom!"

Last edited:

Lunarmaster54

Awards
~Uncertainty~

Black.

It was all black.

Timmy couldn’t see anything around him, he wasn’t sure where he was or how he’d even gotten there. One minute he was reliving his own memories as the other girl watched, and then the next minute there was pain. Not the emotional pain he’d been feeling moments ago but actual, white hot, pain in his chest. The light of the girl’s magic had faded away and then all was silent and dark. Timmy just kinda floated, confused and in pain.

If he’d been a tad more coherent he would have had some snarky thoughts about this being the last time he trusted strangers.

But he wasn’t so instead of thinking such a thought he just closed his eyes (not that it made too much of a difference) and decided dimly to ride this out. Because come on, it wasn’t like he could move or go anywhere. He was stuck.

Just as he was thinking that a new feeling rose inside of him. Warmth. A gentle warm that seemed to wrap him into a soft hug. He smiled and curled up into a ball, wishing that the warmth was something tangible so he could hug it close.

Now’s not the time for you to be here dear.

The voice had all of the warmth and love the feeling wrapped around him did. It was clearly feminine but he couldn’t place it despite the fact that he KNEW he’d heard it before. His mind automatically jumped to Shiki but no.. that wasn’t her. He knew that somewhere in his heart that voice wasn’t the voice of his best friend.

No matter what choice you make, please remember, i’ll love you for as long as I exist.

The darkness shattered and Timmy opened his eyes with a gasp. He was standing upright, and the girl was on the ground, being hugged by that Zack guy. Her nose was even bleeding! Timmy felt a twinge of guilt. Was it his fault? Had he lashed out at her or something? What had caused her to bleed? She looked over at him with glazed eyes and Timmy took an uncertain step forward. Maybe there was something that he could do to help her in some way?

"Betrayal. I felt... such betrayal. Such... pain. Be careful, Timmy. A betrayal lies in your future, one that could be irreparable. Darkened wings...”

Timmy stared at her. Betrayal? Darkened wings? What was that supposed to mean?

Don’t be stupid. There’s only one thing that could mean and you know it.

Thanatos was right (which was saying something because that hellspawn wasn’t ever right never). He’d been turning the idea over and over in his mind about leaving and joining Masquerade to find Shiki. Against Leyla’s wishes. So that would probably count as a betrayal. Leyla had wings. But they were white like snow.

Would his betrayal hurt Leyla in some way? Physically?

Well there was one obvious fix for that then wasn’t there? All he had to do was not join Masquerade and then bam! Leyla would be safe. Well. Safe from him at least. Then this girl’s warning wouldn’t mean anything.

So then how do you expect to find Shiki?

Timmy bit his lip, trying to ignore the voice. How exactly WOULD he find her if the only person who had any leads on the girl was the very person Timmy now had to really stay away from?

Basically it came down to which was more important to him? Leyla’s safety or Shiki’s whereabouts?

The teen was a little ashamed that he couldn’t answer his own question.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~ Blue Planet ~

~- Ready for the Clash -~

Rhys was slightly surprised by Ceodore's bold offer, but at the same time, he wasn't all that surprised either. Baron's prince had come a long way from the shy boy that Rhys had met just two years ago, and while Ceo still had some growing to do, Rhys knew that when Cecil was ready to step down, the prince would make one hell of a fine king.

Rhys saw the jolt of surprise that traveled through Leyla as Green threw her words back in her face, revealing that these two strangers had tracked Leyla and Kit here. Rhys' attention returned to Green, however, when the Nobody made a not so subtle threat against them. While it was true that Rhys hadn't been intending to strike until these two had made their intentions known, he also wasn't going to stand for threats. Unconsciously, Rhys shifted his stance slightly, putting himself between Green and Leyla. It hadn't escaped the Red Wing's attention that Leyla was injured, and while he knew she could take care of herself, Rhys had a protective streak, and Rozen was as good as his little sister, so yeah, he was certainly going to cover her.

Muttering something about needing cloaks, Kit rushed off, heading into one of the local shops that the Mysidian mages ran. After a moment's hesitation, Leyla made to follow her, only to duck off at the last moment and go into a nearby weapons shop, a puckered frown crossing her features. Rhys wanted to follow the girls, but at the same time, he wasn't about to leave when they had two unknown, possibly hostile, entities to deal with. Leveling a cool gaze at Green and Purple, Rhys studied them, keeping an eye on Lance, Ceodore, at the shops that the girls had gone into.

An explosion split the air, causing cries of alarm to go up around the village. Taking the cloak that Kit offered him on her return, Rhys noted Leyla throwing a thick silver one across her shoulders before he turned back to face Purple and Green as Kit spoke to them. Settling the heavy material across his shoulders, Rhys said tersely, "Whatever you two decide to do, decide fast. Whatever caused the mountain to explode like that can't possibly be good; and I'd prefer to face it outside of town."

~ Kingdom of the Sun ~

~- Running for Daylight -~

Mina was in a quiet mood long after her visitor left. Walking through the jungle, she kept her eyes peeled for signs of trouble, but at the same time, her thoughts were turned inward, running over the stranger's words.

There were others like Mina. There were more of these "angels", whatever that meant. What she really wanted to know now, though, was what was she supposed to do about this? She'd stumbled across the Angel of Darkness by pure chance, and while he'd promised to help her find the others, she didn't even know where to start in her search. All she knew was that she was terribly homesick, even after two years of world hopping.

Somehow, her aimless wandering proved to have a direction after all; a large palace loomed just ahead of her, and Mina could have kicked herself once she finally paid attention enough to see it. Duh, when gathering intel for a difficult mission, you're supposed to pay attention and head for a likely source of help! Her step picking up quickly, the mouse rushed for the steps, only to halt a short ways away as the guards confronted a man that seemed to have fallen out of the sky.

"Sairu---Sairu Hayden. A drifter."

"Stand down, this man is with me; and we're here to see the Emperor of this kingdom!"

A woman, having heard the confrontation as well, stepped in, trying to help the stranger. However, the guards were on edge, and still suspicious. Narrowing his eyes, one man in particular said gruffly, "And what sort of business might you have to discuss with the Emperor?"

Ah, what the heck?

Making her presence known, Mina piped up, "The kind of business that involves one monarch showing the correct hospitality to another monarch when she is visiting. My name is Mina Mouse, and I am the princess of Disney Castle. While I applaud your zeal and tenacity in your quest to protect your emperor, I am utterly appalled by your treatment of my personal guard. Do you truly wish for a war?" Mina made sure to fall back on all the training Daisy had given her, holding herself with a regal bearing and giving the man her best, no nonsense look.

The trick worked. The guard, flustered, immediately backed away from the man and woman, his focus directed solely on Mina. Fisting his hand, the guard gave a deep bow and said softly, "Forgive me, Your Grace, I hadn't realized that they were with you. Please, go ahead."

Keeping an aloof air, Mina walked past the guards, motioning for the man and woman to follow her. Remembering the name he had given just a little earlier and deciding to add to the illusion, the small mouse called to the man as she walked past him, "Hurry up, Sir Sairu, I would like to finish with this before the day runs out." Then, very softly, so only he could hear her, she whispered, "You've got about two seconds before they catch on that I don't know you guys, so you might want to get your butt moving."

Yeah, she wasn't quite sure why she was sticking her neck out for these two, but the feeling she was getting from them gave her the sense that she could trust them. And hey, a couple extra allies on her side wouldn't hurt, right?

~- Where did I go Wrong? -~

Gradually, Zack felt Cheza's tremors ease as her breathing became easier. Gently running his hand through her hair, he murmured, "Do you think you can sit up?"

Cheza nodded, hiding her shakiness as she struggled into a seated position. He could tell she wanted to go further; Cheza had always been the most delicate of the Hunter girls, and that had only become more apparent after the accident that had robbed her of her ability to see. A little self-conscious of her weaker constitution, Cheza had a tendency to push herself too far, and Zack had learned just how much force to use to keep her from hurting herself. Laying a hand on her shoulder, he squeezed gently, both a show of affection and comfort as well as a reminder for her to take it easy.

A soft crunch of grass had Zack looking up to see that Timmy had stepped closer, a look of uncertainty in his eyes. Forgetting his earlier anger at the kid, Zack gave a small, almost boyish smile, trying to ease some of the worry that was written across the teen's face. Knowing just why the kid was worried, Zack said softly, "Don't worry about Cheza. The Sight takes a bit of a toll on her sometimes; it's nothing you did." Even as he said the words though, there was a shadow in the back of Zack's mind; most of Cheza's visions had come to pass in one form or another, and with the way that this one sounded, well...

It didn't sound pleasant.

Before anyone else could say anything, Cheza said softly, "It's her. His Leyla is ours."

Zack felt Tony stiffen, his muscles taught with nervous energy. "Are you sure, Cheza?" Zack could understand the hesitant hope in Tony's tone; the twins hadn't had much luck in finding people in the last couple years, so this streak of luck, finding Cheza as well as getting a strong lead on Leyla, was almost too good to be true.

Cheza nodded, a smile spreading across her face. "Yeah, I'm sure."

Zack whooped, relief clear in the sound as he squeezed Cheza's shoulders. Feeling that she was finally okay to stand, the brawler helped the diminutive blond to her feet, pulling her close to his side again. Zack just couldn't keep his hands off her; hugging her as close as he could, he found his fingers drawing circles against her hip as he kept breathing in her scent of moon flowers and powdered sugar.

Tony noticed. A wry grin spreading across his face, Tony gave a short catcall. "Hey, guys, we've got some guests that we need to talk to? How about you either save this for later or get a room?"

Zack laughed, the chuckle pitched just a little lower than Tony's own. "Geez, touchy much? You sound so freaking uptight, man; don't you think you need to get laid?"

Even before the words were out of his mouth, Zack regretted them. Tony's face shut down, his eyes darkening to a stormy blue-purple that was locked down and closed off. Reaching a hand out, Zack tried to fix the damage as he said quickly, "Andy, wait..."

Ignoring the plea that went with his boyhood nickname, Tony spun a quick 180 on his heel. His voice rough and low, he said quickly, "Tell you what, Zack. You and Chez get a little more info from these two, okay? I'm gonna make sure the perimeter's secure." Without waiting for confirmation, the man disappeared into the jungle, his stride long and his shoulders stiff.

Zack grunted slightly as he felt Cheza elbow him hard in the ribs. Though small, the girl packed quite a punch; he'd taught her well. Her words packed even more of one as she hissed, "You idiot!"

"Do you think I don't know that?" Zack muttered, pain laced in his voice and tightening his eyes. Watching where Tony had disappeared, he said softly, "I don't know what to do, Chez. There's times when he seems like he's getting better, and then even the smallest thing sends him into a backslide. It's been four years, but..." Zack hissed, all the joy he'd felt previously gone. Ruffling his hair, he felt that familiar ache as his heart went out to his twin. "He just keeps wasting away, Chez, and I'm scared it's gonna kill him, and I can't do one damned thing about it."

It seemed that both of them had forgotten about Timmy for the moment; something they were going to learn very quickly didn't exactly work well with a certain, teenage Hybrid when he had a million questions he wanted answered.

Last edited:

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
Just when he was about to raise his hands to be cuffed. His attention was diverted to an incoming lady of other-worldly beauty with hair flowing like satin silk. Her eyes kinda pinched his heart to race fast. And she was rushing to... his direction?

"Stand down, this man is with me; and we're here to see the Emperor of this kingdom!"

Sairu was startled by the woman's exposition. "Huh? I am? W-we are?" Puzzled, he scratched his head when he was about to give in to the authorities. Unless they don't apprehend trespassers in this world, but instead kill them on the spot. So the fallen knight just went with it. And for a beautiful lady to do it for him, kinda puts him in a very low situation. Sairu was sure any man would take the chance at this but this was getting pretty ridiculous.

"And what sort of business might you have to discuss with the Emperor?"

Now their in for it now. He did not want any unnecessary struggle but he held his ground just in case, still wearing that puzzled look. "Uh... I think I better--" just before he can bail out, another newcomer came marching in.

"The kind of business that involves one monarch showing the correct hospitality to another monarch when she is visiting. My name is Mina Mouse, and I am the princess of Disney Castle. While I applaud your zeal and tenacity in your quest to protect your emperor, I am utterly appalled by your treatment of my personal guard. Do you truly wish for a war?"

"Huuuh...?" His eyes widened and more confused than ever. "Ojou-sama?" Referring to her majesty, Mina. Astonishing to say the least, two ladies came in to bail him out of his own mess. Embarrassing to a warrior his degree. Remember when he thought this was ridiculous? Well scratch that, now something's up and it confuses him a lot more than he is now. Well opportunity has presented itself so Sairu had to take it.

"Heh... heh... Hmm?"

After letting out a nervous chuckle, he suddenly notices the crater where he crashed just moments ago. The body of the Abomination heartless was gone. Sairu's expression turned serious for a moment, eyes dilated as he eyed on the crater. It didn't look like the heartless dissolved into nothing; because if it did, the weapons stabbed through the Abomination's body would still be there. But there was none. And he can smell a trail of shadow all over the place.

"Hurry up, Sir Sairu, I would like to finish with this before the day runs out. You've got about two seconds before they catch on that I don't know you guys, so you might want to get your butt moving."

Sairu then came to, and immediately went to her majesty's direction. "Coming!" He turned his attention to the lady that helped him bail. "Umm... Shall we?" Sairu asked with a very warm smile on his face. He didn't know the lady's name but it can wait for later. His politeness is the least he can give in return.

Then suddenly after taking a few steps forward, he felt a sudden pluck of malevolence from behind them. His expression turned serious again and held his hand up, only to catch a flying black tendril from impaling the beautiful lady. He slowly turned around to see that the guardsmen became horribly disfigured. And he can see the weapons he used in their earlier fight jutting out of their bodies. "So you're a tough one eh?" Sairu's tone of voice changed from pathetic and humble, to menacing and grim.

The transformed guardsmen melded together into a very gruesome metamorphosis, creating a new body for the Abomination Heartless. Sairu let go of the black tendril and brandished his hands. Summoning a halberd on his right grasp, and a greatsword on his left grasp. The Abomination then pulled out the weapons pinned on its body and wielding them against him. "Pretty resourceful. But this time, I'll make sure you're dead!" The black knight and huge bloated heartless clashed blades once again.

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
~♦A Level Headed Decision ♦~

"So we help the future kingly with his little geographic problem, and then you'll get me a audience with your father. I must say a bold one you truly are... hm seems ill have to accept this invitation. Very well you have two more accomplices on your trek," Green said with a shrug as he would rather avoid a fight as well. Moving a army of Hybrid was tasking, and with many experience fighter to deal with after the summoning would leave Green susceptible to heavy damage before he could recover, and while Purple was their with him their was only so much they could pull off... not to say he could calculate a win or lose if it were to happen.

"A word to the wise for your future dealings while boldness may get one far in life.. showing emotions like the icy grip of death may backfire on you one day... never show any emotion when dealing with someone you consider a threat... or they'll be able to read you like a open book," Green shot at Ceodore in response to his icy glare. While it was definitely clear this man would indeed make a fine ruler one day the youthful emotions were indeed something to annotate work for. For like Green spoke showing hostility to another power you consider hostile in nature could in fact ignite its raging flames. With a proper curtsy to signal Ceodore to lead the way Green sent a link message to Rixue.

Try to avoid showcasing your ability around them I highly doubt by the end of our travels her that we will end on a sweet note. The less they know about our fighting styles the better so unless we meet strong opposition avoid fighting and let them handle the grunt work. As for White's order... ignore it for now she doesn't understand the full situation. Beside... is it just me or does she seem a little off to you?

Green kept his eyes off Purple to avoid anyone figuring out about their little mental link ability until he was suddenly informed, and offered a chance to receive warmer clothing for the chilling environment they were soon to traverse. It was a interesting thing to know the girl who they were hunting and knew they were hunting to offer a enemy help... then again while Green would like to call the girls actions odd his very current actions matched up to her's they were helping the enemy in a momentary truce.

"No need my suit is meant to handle all terrains ill be just fine Mrs. Kite," he answered with that said though he did raise a eyebrow as Purple seemed to have grabbed one of the clothing's.

....I am assuming its because "she" offered you one?

"Seems like we better get a move on... your little geological situation doesn't seem like its going to wait all day."

~♣From Seeing Angels... To Falling On Demons♣~

After his "little" incident on the blue planet with that humanoid heartless Artem had been traveling in space on his keyblade jet glider wandering around for quiet awhile until while on his flight he notice a little planet start to come into view... yet as he started to veer towards into it he felt a strange.... darkness?

"Better avoid that world it se.... WHAT THE," his glider suddenly jerked into life as some apparent force started to pull it towards the world and before he knew it flung him out of control for a crash course towards the planet. Doing his best to avert his sudden bad luck half way through flight it was clear it twas better to prepare for impact.

"This... is gonna hurt.... ALOT," Artem yelled as the keyblade vehicle went spiraling out of control until almost at the perfect time a sudden image of angelic figure appeared on screen as Artem prepped for his inevitable comet plummet. Unfortunately for the empress of Wind she was the image as the keyblade jet smashed into disturbing the kinetic energy build up and sending both her and Artem who had been ejected out hurtling yet again back down towards the ground. It took maybe only fifeteen seconds before the keybladers conscious kicked back in as they both continued to plummet towards the unkind ground....wait both of them? Realizing his so called near death image was a actual being Artem started to direct himself towards his falling companion quickly scooping them up in his arms as he prepared for a not so well organized move. About seven seconds before impact Artem preformed the only move he had for situations like this... a aerial recovery. loosening his legs he released all impact in his armored for to whatever he landed on in which this case... was Cagnazzo delivering a brutal stomp strike... unknowingly of course a well induced crater was formed under the demon turtle as Artems force flattened the water demon against the ground... a great string of pain spun throughout Artems body as he tried to focus on not going unconscious... thanks to his armor most of the force was transferred successfully to the turtle but the keyblades armor still received a good dose of it. Once he finally stumbled a few steps forward off the turtle he groaned in pain as he desummoned his helmet. His golden eyes started to reset into normal dilating effect as his unnatural red hair seemed all messed up and everywhere at the moment due to his ponytail being undone.

"Well.... that was painful... as expect... well hello angel...guess I still died to have something this attractive in my arms," he coughed out to his cradled passenger.

"....SO mind telling me where I am?"

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~ Parallel Universe ~

~- The Place Between Oblivion and Reality -~

Waking dreams, the place where someone is caught between being fully awake and being fully asleep. The grey area where someone can remember their dreams with such ease that there's no question as to what happened in it; even if the person does not wish to remember what it is that they dreamed about; the dreamer can still remember the dream easily.

This is where Icy currently found herself, pushing herself up; the gothic dressed girl looked around, trying to piece together where she was presently at but unable to quite put her finger on it. "Hello! Can anyone hear me?" She called as she climbed to her feet, her calf high black boots clicking for a moment against the floor as the heels connected with the clear, hard floor. She shifted her weight, golden eyes taking in her surroundings as pale hands curled in the black fabric of her skirt.

Taking a step forward, the girl's eyes darted from one side to the other; refusing to let anything get the jump on her as Icy tried to figure out where she was and how to get out. Unexplainable to her, she felt warmth start to unfold inside of her as Icy called out, "Hello, someone please answer me!"

~ Blue Planet ~

~- Ambush -~

Purple listened to Green agree to the conditions that the prince of Baron tossed out in exchange for a meeting with his father; she also listened as Green scolded the prince for being an open book. She didn't take her eyes off of the group in front of her, not even as Green told her mentally, Try to avoid showcasing your ability around them I highly doubt by the end of our travels her that we will end on a sweet note. The less they know about our fighting styles the better so unless we meet strong opposition avoid fighting and let them handle the grunt work. As for White's order... ignore it for now she doesn't understand the full situation. Beside... is it just me or does she seem a little off to you?

Right, I'll be sure to remember that, and be sure to do the same. No, it's not just you, something has gotten to her recently. Although I do think we should keep a close watch on the two of them for the time being, and then if the need arises we bring the two of them in. Rixue answered mentally, and just like Green, she was careful not to look at him during it so as to not tip their new allies off on the mind link that the task force shared. She did however look at Green as she felt his eyes on her as she slid the cloak she'd been offered on, holding his gaze so raised an eyebrow as he asked her in her mind, ....I am assuming it’s because "she" offered you one?

Shrugging nonchalantly, she looked away as she answered through the mind link, Maybe, and even though our suits are temperature controlled, what's wrong with accepting a little added protection against the cold?

"Seems like we better get a move on... your little geological situation doesn't seem like its going to wait all day."

Purple felt relieved when Green finally said something out loud again, because at least then it would get everyone's minds off of what was just happening between her and Green. She watched as Ceodore nodded in acknowledgement of Green's comment, before the princeling started to head toward the exit of the town only to stop. Sensing a dark presence nearby, she turned her head toward the tree that even Ceodore had trained his gaze on. "Look, whoever's there, you can come out; we're not going to hurt you."

Purple chuckled a little at the prince's remark; she found it amusing because of the tense situation they had just got out of themselves. She watched as the leaves rustled as a man dropped down; the black and dark grey of their clothes did a nice job of breaking of their shape so they could easily blend in with the shadows around them; but Rixue couldn't help but notice the way that they had a dark, deep cowl covering their face.

Instantly on edge, she shifted her stance slightly only to relax as the man said coolly, "I'm not here to hurt you, I'm looking for someone; and I believe they're at Mt. Ordeals currently, so I wanted to tag along and help you people out of it’s okay."

She didn't say anything in approval or denial, after all she had no right to tell the stranger if he could accompany them or not. Rixue was a little surprised when Ceodore agreed to let the stranger accompany them without too much of a hassle, leading to her silently questioning why they had been treated with such an icy attitude. Shrugging it off, she followed after the group as they headed toward the exit of town, noticing how the newest addition to their group was remaining withdrawn into himself; watching all of them just beneath his hood.

Unsettled by it, Rixue's attention was dragged away as she finally picked up on the fact that Kit was hanging back near them; obviously putting herself in a position where she could hear all aspects of the conversations in the group. We need to be careful, because despite her warm attitude I don't think Kitridge trusts us very much. Rixue kept her eyes on the ninja as she sent that to Green without uttering a single word, Rixue kept her eyes trained on the mountain as they keep getting closer; noticing as one chunk after another was thrown from it almost like someone up near the top was looking for something.

"Son of a bitch!"

The shouted curse from Kit made Rixue stop dead in her tracks, hearing a strange sound above her; she flung herself to the right and shoved Green while she was working on getting out of dodge. Pushing herself up, Rixue looked over her shoulder to see the armor clad winged person that was standing in the middle of all of them. Swearing softly, Rixue finished scrambling to her feet and called her staff just as everyone else called up their weapons, the two teenaged friends of Kit's was holding a sword (Ceodore) and a lance (Lance), but something in both of their stances told Rixue they weren't no stranger to fighting this thing.

Her eyes darted around as she scanned the rest of the group, trying to determine just how they were holding up; Leyla and Kit seemed to have been okay; along with the other male (Rhys) that had been with the group. Her eyes eventually settled on the one that was wearing the hood, and it was just in time to see the flash of darkness that gathered in his hand to form a long, thin looking katana in his right hand. She watched as he shifted into a fighting stance as he ordered, "Ground this guy, you take away his ability to get into the air and you have a fighting chance."

~- Spat with An Old Friend? -~

Kitridge rolled to the left, dodging the blade of the sword that had pierced the ground where she had been moments before. Jumping to her feet, she called her keyblades to her and looked at the armored figure; the face was cold and uncaring, but other than that it was familiar from the stories she'd been told about the heroes of old. She didn't think as she lunged forward, parrying the strike the warrior was getting ready to bring down on Leyla. Ocean green eyes caught her pale violet, the darkened storm swirling in the former eyes left her feeling cold. "Riku, please, if those stories are at all true, even the tiniest of fragments, this isn't like you! You have to return to your senses!" She shouted, fear constricting her voice as she weighed the odds of them winning.

They couldn't win.

She watched in despair as Riku's lips turned up in a sneer, his eyes frozen chips of ocean that stared back at her. Kitridge braced herself as he raised his arm and swatted her away, rolling with the blow she leapt back to her feet after she came to a stop a few feet away from the battle. Taking a step forward so she could return to the battlefield, she listened as another chunk of rock broke away from the mountain and then flew away from the area; distracting her from what was currently happening and allowing a giant wall of flame to rise up and surround her.

"What do you want from me? Can't you see that I've been punished enough?"

Kit's eyes darted in the direction of the voice and groaned inwardly, it was Rubicante and it was clear from one look that he was not in his right mind. Kit respected and even, in certain ways, looked up to the archfiend of fire because of his levels of honor; she even considered him a friend of sorts. This meant she could also tell that he was hurting, so her own honor getting the better of her; Kitridge sighed tiredly, “Firaga." She waved her hand, sending the wall of flames over to Rubicante and watched as he got engulfed by them; which naturally healed him of his injures so all he had to do was deal with whatever was messing with his head. Gingerly adjusting her grip on her keyblades, Kitridge eyed the fire fiend and braced herself for the upcoming battle.

~- Can I Keep Him? -~

Barbariccia looked up just as someone collided with her, stunning her for a moment and causing her to drop her wind shield. Falling toward the earth, she felt someone grab her and pull her close; mentally shaking her head so the fog would clear, she looked to see that a boy was the one that had her. Blushing slightly from being rescued, Barbariccia breathed in the boy's scent and felt mildly intoxicated from the icy smell. Not that it could match Rubicante's scent, but it would suffice.

Barbariccia was vaguely aware of the fact that she had landed, and that her knight had landed on Cagnazzo. She was shocked by how much force this boy had, that he could cause a crater with her teammate and not be too hurt; if a little winded as the boy coughed, "Well.... that was painful... as expect... well hello angel...guess I still died to have something this attractive in my arms."

Angel? Did he really just call me that?

"....SO mind telling me where I am?"

She didn't untangle herself from the stranger, she just let herself remain cradled next to him as she answered, "Sorry honey, you're not dead. Badly hurt? Yes, but you're not dead. You're on a world called the Blue Planet near the summit called Mt. Ordeals." She shrugged her shoulder, not quite sure how to finish explaining what was going on; only for Cagnazzo to pick himself up and snarled, "Barbariccia, do you know this guy?"

Looking over her knight's shoulder, she shook her head and answered, "No, but he sure is a cutie, can I keep him Cagnazzo?"

"You can't pick up just every cute boy that you like the looks of and keep them." Cagnazzo spat, anger causing his words to come off cold; not that type of tone was anything to be worried about; or at least as far as Barbariccia was concerned.

Smiling at her water comrade coyly, Barbariccia purred, "Yes I can, stop being such a party popper!" Looking at the boy again, she cocked her head to side and asked sweetly, "What brings you to a place like this? Where are you from honey? I'm sorry if I'm stepping out of line, it's just I'm intrigued by you."

~ Kingdom of the Sun ~

~- Give Me A Break! -~

"Huh? I am? W-we are?"

Kixar cocked an eyebrow, a hand on her hip she smiled as she said cheerfully, "Of course we are how you could have forgotten this fact?" Although what she hadn't expected was the guards calling her out, she'd been hoping they'd be dumb enough to just let them go. Turns out she had let her optimism get the better of her, although before disaster could truly strike another nonresident of this world came up, and judging by the mouse's bearing, the little mouse was of royal heritage; be it either adopted or actual blood.

"The kind of business that involves one monarch showing the correct hospitality to another monarch when she is visiting. My name is Mina Mouse, and I am the princess of Disney Castle. While I applaud your zeal and tenacity in your quest to protect your emperor, I am utterly appalled by your treatment of my personal guard. Do you truly wish for a war?"

Her mind instantly slipped into the act of a royal guard. Shifting her stance ever so slightly, Kixar made it appear as if she was keeping watch over Mina, not willing to let any sort danger get close to her. She nodded at Sairu in a professional manner, turned on her heel and followed after Mina as the boy asked politely, "Umm... Shall we?"

Waiting for him to catch up, she didn't take her eyes off of the princess and said politely, "My name's Kixar, it's nice to meet your acquaintance Sairu."

Kixar had barely finished speaking before Sairu's expression changed and his hand shot out, catching a dark tendril that had been aimed at her head. Whipping around to glare at the creature that had done it, she scowled at the two disfigured guards. "Of course, things can never be easy for even just a second!"

Calling her keyblade, Kixar tightened her grip on it and said coldly, "Your Highness, I'm afraid to say but we've got to do a bit of pest control. This shouldn't take too long though, but if you cannot fight, maybe you should stand back. I don't mean any disrespect toward you Mina, I just don't want you getting hurt."

Kixar lunged toward it just as Sairu shouted he'd make sure this Heartless was dead this time around; this made her smile a little, but the ghost of a smile faded away as she returned her mind to her current task at hand; and that was killing this heartless. Swinging her blade at it, she quickly danced to the right to avoid its current attack, scanning it for any possible weaknesses, she asked, "Hey Sairu, got any suggestions on how to beat this thing?"

Last edited:

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
The dark knight clashed with the armed Abomination with equal footing, now with two innocents involved, namely Kixar and her majesty, Princess Mina. He can't go all out like he did beforehand, because that may awaken the darkness gnawing within him.

The Abomination roared as the tendrils expanded and became arms and claws, wielding Sairu's weapons against them. The heartless swung its arm forward, slamming the maul with a sizable impact. The dark knight jumped and immediately ran through the heartless' arm. As he close in, the monstrosity try to swat him off with its other arm; Sairu jumped and performed a rapid corkscrew somersault, making him a human buzzsaw, severing the heartless' fingers in one swipe.

"Hey Sairu, got any suggestions on how to beat this thing?"

Not before long before the fair maiden, Kixar has joined his fray, as she dodged one of the Abomination's swings. As Sairu was about to respond, the heartless threw a ballistic fit as it was trying to shake him off its shoulder and he held on just fine. Swinging its arms like a whirling dervish of death. He saw as one high-speed swing was about to hit Kixar, at this rate, she won't be able to dodge it in time.

The dark knight shifted his stance and focused. He waited until he was adjacent to Kixar and launched himself towards her and caught her in his arms. Getting her out of the way and preventing her from being dismembered in split second time.

"That was close, you alright, m'lady?" It was not too long that he notices he is still carrying her in his arms. "--ah! Apologies! T'was rather--I--ah--" And yet again in a time like this, he was extremely flustered and embarrassed that he can't concentrate.

"Well, we're gonna have to disarm it first. Those weapons it wield are a major problem, then we'll proceed with phase 2. Keep that Keyblade up, m'lady." Sairu again readied his weapons, and instead of stopping Kixar, he encouraged her to keep it up. He may have to gather all the help he can get if he was to defeat the heartless on equal stances.

Lunarmaster54

Awards
~On Track~

Timmy Chance was a teenage hybrid with about a million questions that he wanted answered.

Questions about the sight, info about how well they knew Leyla and if they were going to join the party so they could find her (He wasn’t too enthused about that last one. He still remembered what happened the last time strangers came aboard Ragnarok and it was all he could do to stop his cousin from clapping them in irons and shooting them out of a cannon).

However he had more pressing matters to attend to right now. Specifically Astoria. He’d promised her that he would help her navigate this forest and find a dawn stone so that her master (and he himself) could turn back into humans. Then these people appeared and brought with them cryptic warnings and serious business. Serious business was something that Timmy would deal with another time, when he didn’t have a tail or wolf ears. So that meant there was only one thing to do.

“Well fellas,” Timmy said “It’s been real, but me and Astoria have a dawn stone to find, a curse to lift and an ex best friend to tear the entrails out of...”

“Wait, what was that last part?” Astoria looked confused

“...So i’m afraid this is where we part.” Timmy said with a smile. “Feel free to leave the planet and head north because last I saw Leyla that’s where she was headed. Tootles.”

With a wave Timmy turned around and started to walk off, Astoria at his side. He’d like to believe that this was the end of the conversation and that he’d actually be allowed to walk off with his blonde companion in tow without any sort of argument, completely ignored but he knew better. In fact he was actually silently counting as he walked.

Three...

Two...

One...

~Meanwhile, on Olympus~

“You’re not joining us.”

“I believe I am.”

“I believe you’re not.”

“Oh REALLY?”

“Yes. Really.”
Nick had his head in his hands as he listened to Lindsey and the pink haired girl, Kiara, argue. Kiara because she’d be instructed to join them and Lindsey because she didn’t think they needed her.

Nick just wanted to track down this object, stop the bad guys and move on but no one was listening to him.

“I bet Timmy never gets sidetracked like this,” he sighed in annoyance “I had one job and then some some strangers appear out of nowhere and bring with them cryptic warnings and serious business.”

The argument was growing louder and increasingly heated so Nick had no doubt that soon the two girls would actually get out of the ship, draw their weapons and attack each other.

Maybe then he could sneak off and do what he came here to do.

A crashing sound made him jump and the mercenary was rather distraught to see that the catfight had already begun inside his ship.

“Today is just such a bad day.”

~Meanwhile, with the villains~

“Today is just such a good day!”

Aaron Riggs was happy, seated on a stolen throne and nothing could bring his good mood down.

Kuzco was tied up hog style in front of him, glaring and squirming while flies buzzed around Yzma’s burnt and sliced corpse.

Aaron had orginally had every intention of teaming up with her and pulling off a complicated plan but the old (ancient really) woman got on his nerves. So Aaron exercised his freedom of murder right (which was actually part of a constitution on a world very far from this particular one) and killed her on the spot. She’d done her part and now he just had to wait for Timmy to show up so he could continue to flaunt his constitutional rights.

Kuzco growled something at him but Aaron couldn’t understand him through the gag. It was probably something along the lines of ‘you’ll never get away with this’

“You’d be surprised at how often I hear that.” Aaron said to his captive conversationally as he looked out the window and saw a gummi ship flash through the sky and then smirked.

An old blue friend had arrived to see Timmy.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~ Blue Planet ~

~- Keep Up With My Life -~

Leyla was edgy about letting Green and Purple go with them, but she couldn't think of any other way to deal with them that didn't involve a fight. And despite what she'd said to Kit earlier, Leyla really wasn't up to another fight just yet. The orange had helped her energy some, but she was still light headed and a little dizzy. Feeling someone brush up close against her as they walked, Leyla turned to see Rhys standing close at her side. He held his hand out to her, a protein bar in his palm. The slightest smile on his face, he said softly, "Whatever it was you did to your arm, you're going to need some extra protein to help heal it; and while oranges always help, they're not gonna cut it on their own."

A small smile spread across Leyla's face as she took the bar. Taking a bite of it, she decided to just observe for now, letting her eyes roam over different members of their small party as they continued walking. She wouldn't admit it aloud, but just having Rhys walking so close to her was a huge comfort to Leyla. She'd missed him and everyone else, and couldn't stop herself from coming back to the relieved surprise that Rhys, Lily, and even Holly were all alive.

Even as this happiness filled her, Leyla's mind turned back to the weapons shop back in Mysidia. It seemed that an Eblan ninja had taken up residence there, which was rather perfect, considering the weapon Leyla had needed repaired. She'd given the ninja as much information as she could, but now she could only hope that he was a skilled enough craftsman to return the weapon to its former glory...

"Get down!"

Leyla was jolted out of her internal dialogue as Rhys tackled her, rolling with her across the ground as a heavy thud sounded from where the two of them had just been. Looking up, her eyes widened in horror as Leyla saw Kit lock blades with a winged figure clad entirely in armor. But his face...

Leyla picked up the picture from Anise's bedside table, studying the different figures. She saw Sora, his eyes crinkled with laughter, an open smile on Kairi's face, a serene smile on Master Aqua's. Anise, her hair done up in a bun, had this cocky grin on her face, her arm slung across the shoulder of a slightly younger blond girl that had similar facial features to Anise, while the blond had her own arm around Anise's shoulder. Master Riku, his ocean blue eyes sparking mischief, had his arm wrapped around the waist of a woman with long, red hair, a woman that leaned in close to his side. Her eyes lingering on Anise's face, Leyla whispered softly, "What happened?"

"Simple," a voice sounded from behind Leyla. Jumping, the girl spun around to face the woman, and Leyla felt herself cringe at the dark look in Anise's eyes. Reaching out for the picture, Anise placed it glass side down on her dresser as she said softly, "Betrayal. We were betrayed by one we thought we could call friend."

"Ground this guy, you take away his ability to get into the air and you have a fighting chance."

Leyla looked to where the cloaked man was, completely missing Kit's plea to Riku. For a moment, Leyla herself stayed grounded, unable to breath, even as Rhys climbed to his own feet, his hand already reaching for an arrow to fire. Leyla was numb, her eyes frozen on Riku.

He had wings. Wings. That shouldn't come as such a surprise to her, considering she had them herself; but she thought she was the only one. Was she wrong? Were there others like her? What the hell did this mean?

Her body on auto pilot, Leyla climbed to her feet. Her thoughts were a thousand miles away, but it didn't matter; the spell she wove had become as natural as breathing to her, so she didn't have to think about it. "Bend the light and twist the shadows, that the ether thins and the spirit is lifted toward the heavens!"

Leyla's wings unfurled, sixteen feet of soft white feathers, and they instantly drew Riku's attention. His eyes narrowed, he advanced on her. Not waiting for him to draw closer, Leyla leaped into the sky, her mind whirling over her master's words. Betrayal. But whose? It couldn't be...

Was the betrayal Riku's?

~ Kingdom of the Sun ~

~- Ready for the Crush -~

"Your Highness, I'm afraid to say but we've got to do a bit of pest control. This shouldn't take too long though, but if you cannot fight, maybe you should stand back. I don't mean any disrespect toward you Mina, I just don't want you getting hurt."

Mina harrumphed, shooting Kixar a rather hot look as she retorted, "Hey, I'm not some damsel princess that needs protecting! My father taught me well; I was just caught by surprise, that's all!"

"Well, we're gonna have to disarm it first. Those weapons it wield are a major problem, then we'll proceed with phase 2. Keep that Keyblade up, m'lady."

Mina nodded, even though the advice was meant for Kixar. With a brief flash of light, Platinum Angel appeared in the mouse's grip. Her surprise over the guards turning into a huge Heartless fading fast, Mina channeled magic into her Keyblade, until an iridescent orb of light shone at its tip. Aiming carefully, Mina cried, "Pearl!"

Immediately, the orb shot off, three more following the first, all aimed for various weapons in the Heartless' grip.

~- Laid it In the Ground -~

"Andy?"

He heard the soft plea in Matt's voice, but he couldn't move to answer. Pressing his back tight against the door, Tony huddled down, his arms around his knees in a death grip that was nothing compared to the gaping hole his heart had become. Slowly, his head lowered until he had his forehead pressed against his wrists, the strength to hold his head up gone.

"Andy, please. We need to go..."

Matty was sixteen, and probably one of the only ones that stilled called Tony "Andy", though it only slipped out when Matt was really stressed out. Tony knew he needed to go, him of all people. He had to be there for his brothers, he had to be there, he
had to. It'd be wrong if he wasn't, and the whole thing would get blown out of the water, the farce come to light as everyone finally saw through their tears and pain to finally force themselves to acknowledge the fake.

He couldn't even find the strength to stand.

"Let him be, Matty," Rhys' voice sounded just a little further away from Matt's, most likely close to the stairs. Tony didn't have to see them to know that both Matty and Rhys were dressed in dark suits; Tony was wearing the same thing, but he knew his wasn't anywhere near the condition of his brothers. While theirs would be clean and well pressed, Tony's was a mess, the shirt was wrinkled and unbuttoned, the tie hanging loose around his neck and unknotted, and his suit jacket was balled up in the back of his closet over the dress shoes, and he wasn't making a move to get them out. He couldn't. He'd failed; he'd
failed...

Footsteps slowly receded down the hall as Matty and Rhys walked away. Tony knew where they were going. They'd go to the car, where Lily and Mel were waiting. They'd meet up with Zack, who had gone to pick up Cheza, Ari, and Leyla; and then they'd all go into the church for the service. There'd be candles, there'd be prayers; there wouldn't be a dry eye in sight. There'd be pictures there, pictures Tony couldn't face. On the close of the day, his twenty-second birthday, they'd place the pictures in the casket and lower it all into the ground. Everyone would do their best to ignore the real reason that there were only pictures inside, and no body. No one wanted to think about that. Least of all him.

But it was the only thing his mind could hold on to.

Slowly, his arm reached out, fumbling around on the floor for a moment before connecting with something soft. Tucking it against his chest, Tony breathed in deeply, doing his best to catch the fading sent of lavender and ice that the pillow still contained. Pressing his face into the pillow, he felt the tears run in hot tracks down his cheeks once again as a low hitch caught his breath. He closed his eyes, trying to shut everything out. But he couldn't. He'd run numb one hour, only to have every nerve turned into a live wire the next, and this was one of those times where his mind wouldn't shut down.

Why? Why had this happened? Why now? After the fear. After the sleepless nights. After uncertainty and tears, and so much pain. God, the pain had been nearly unbearable at times, but they got through it. They'd finally reached the light at the end of the tunnel. She'd been in the clear, her smiles finally returned to normal without any fear or pain to mar her confidence. But now... If he hadn't been so pushy, if he'd just kept his cool, if he hadn't lost his temper and said what he'd said, if he hadn't shouted at her that it was over...

If, if, if. None of it changed anything.

Tony's movements were slow as he placed the pillow on his lap, slower still as he reached toward the nightstand. His fingers curving around a chain and a handle, he pulled the objects off the stand, knocking the lamp off as he did so, but unable to muster the ability to care. He looked at the locket he had clutched in his fist, the white tiger that stood in the center of a whirlwind of pink sapphire flower petals. For the moment, he set the gun on the pillow, then slid the locket around his neck.

Taking up the gun again, he spun it in his hands, his eyes dull and tired. For the moment, his mind was numb, but he knew it wouldn't last long. He was tired of fighting; so tired...

A soft cry sounded from just outside his window. Instinct drew his eyes up, the same instinct that had him level the gun on the bird that sat on his windowsill. Though he'd never seen this kind before, even Tony's exhaustion impaired brain could tell it was a Heartless. For a moment, neither the man nor the Heartless moved; the bird just looked at him with calm, level violet eyes...

A soft cry broke Tony's reverie, drawing his eyes skyward. Raising his right arm, he felt the familiar weight as the eagle Heartless landed on the thick leather bracer he wore on his forearm just for her. Slowly, the man ran a finger across the feathers on her neck, his eyes turned a little away so that he couldn't see what her eyes would reflect of him. Mirage had been his lifeline for four years, his one, slim hope that maybe he could atone for his sins.

But even that hope had its breaking point.

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~ Blue Planet ~

~-Don't Want You to Hurt -~

Kitridge waited to see what would happen next, she jumped backward as he sent a wall of flames toward her. Startled at this, she looked at the human-like monster and felt sick as she saw the rage flare in the fire fiend's eyes. Sure, she knew the fight couldn't be won so easily, but a tiny piece of her had hoped that maybe it would have been. Rolling to the right as another stream of fire shot toward her; she scrambled to her feet and shot off a medium sized ball of ice, before being forced to dive to the right to avoid yet another rush of flames.

She flinched inwardly as the ice collided with its target, only to grimace as Rubicante grumbled in pain as he stumbled backwards; the ice spell hurting him more than usual. She climbed back to her feet and shouted, "Mist Dragon!" It only took a second after she had summoned the silver dragon for a thick blanket of mist to cover the area, something that she was surprised about given the flames. Crouching down, Kit placed her hands against the ground and said softly, "Earthquake."

Kit smiled weakly as the tremors branched out from her and made their way toward Rubicante, knocking the fire fiend off balance so he was caught off guard as the Mist Dragon appeared behind him and fired a blast of mist at him. "Why are you doing this?" Rubicante shouted, fury and hurt fighting for full rights to his words; making Kit feel a little guilty for the underhanded tactic.

"I'm doing it because I care, you're not thinking clearly because of something!" She called back, reassured with the fact that he couldn't attack her as long as the mist concealed her from his view. Yes, it was underhanded and even cowardly, but she just wanted to get this fight over with so Rubicante wasn't suffering for too long. Even then, she stood up and started walking to him, her honor propelling her forward. Stepping into his line of sight, she continued, "Come on Rubicante, what's wrong? I want to help you, but I can't do it if you don't tell me how to help you."

Snarling at her plea, Kit didn't expect Rubicante to rush her and backhand her hard enough to send her flying as he bellowed, "Lies!"

Kit hit the mountain and fell to the ground, winded and sore from the collision, she lay there for several minutes as she fought to get her breath back. Her head was spinning and she was blinking back stars, apparently she'd hit the mountain harder than she first thought. Kit felt the heat radiating from Rubicante as he stopped right next to her, but she didn't make a move to get up or defend herself. After a few moments, Kit pushed herself to her feet and faced Rubicante, still a little disoriented from the backhand.

Shifting to autopilot, Kit rolled to the left and swung her keyblade just as Rubicante got ready for an attack. She didn't look or pay any attention to the keyblade as it grazed Rubicante, but otherwise missed him. Instead, Kitridge was too focused on putting distance between the two of them. Kit whipped around to check the distance, seeing that there was a decent amount; she nodded and slipped back into a battle ready stance, waiting for the next wave of attacks to come even as she became acutely aware of her skin growing itchy.

~ Kingdom of the Sun ~

~- Fighting Against Me -~

"Hey, I'm not some damsel princess that needs protecting! My father taught me well; I was just caught by surprise, that's all!"

Kixar smiled at the snappy retort, she had figured that was the case with Mina; but she just had to make sure. Rolling to the right, the Nobody sprang back to her feet and healed up her hand as she shouted, "Ruin!" Three black energy orbs shot out from her hand and heading for the heartless. Catching a glimpse of something out of the corner of her eye, Kixar turned her head to see a too familiar face rush over to the Heartless and slash at it before retreating again.

Sensing something approaching her on the left, Kixar whipped her head around to see it; and cursed herself for her sentimental feelings getting in the away. She couldn't dodge the arm that raced toward her, but that didn't stop her body from trying. It was only took a heartbeat for something to collide with her, closing her eyes, she braced herself for rest of the pain to come; but nothing came.

Opening her eyes, she blinked a couple of times as the realization sank in that she was being held in someone's arms. "That was close, you alright, m'lady?" Looking up at Sairu as he said this, Kixar waited until she got put down to make a move; and that was pulling her knees up to her chest as she wrapped her arms around her knees. She couldn't believe it, she had been rescued by a man she had just met because she had gotten careless. When was the last time that had happened?

She knew when the last time was, about her mind refused to trespass on the long buried memories. After all, it had been before she'd lost her heart and had become a Nobody.

"Well, we're gonna have to disarm it first. Those weapons it wield are a major problem, then we'll proceed with phase 2. Keep that Keyblade up, m'lady."

Kixar heard the suggestion, and she even caught the fact Sairu wasn't going to stop her from fighting this time. She still sat there for a few moments, her fingers tangled in the soil of the earth. Closing her eyes, she pictured the ground growing cold, ice slowly spreading throughout it and making its way toward the heartless. Eyes snapping open, she growled, "Blizzaga!"

Five spikes of ice shot out of the ground, three aiming for the weapons; the last two aiming for the Heartless's torso. Climbing back to her feet, Kixar tightened her grip on her keyblade and stalked forward, she was sick and tired of this type of carnage; raising her keyblade she fired off six shots of light and dark energy, watching as it raised toward the heartless. She wasn't expecting any of the magic to hit, it was all just serving as a distraction so they could disarm it and she could use the spell she truly wanted to.

~ Masyaf ~

~- Count to Three -~

Aria kept her steps light and fast as she walked down the street, her eyes drifting from one side to the other, watching the residents of this world. The snippets of conversation that other bystanders were having reached her ears, piquing her curiosity as Aria continued aimlessly walking down the street. Mentally cocking her head at a particularly interesting tidbit, she pushed the fragments to the side, even though she now had a destination to gather information. She continued on her way, keeping her eyes trained on the stone fortress that was her destination because of what she had just learned about the leader of this area.

She came to a halt as the guards at the gate moved to block her path. Cocking her head to the right, Aria blinked at them for a few minutes as a man with red hair stepped out, his pale teal eyes caught her gold ones and held them; analyzing her for the first hint of hostility. Relaxing her muscles as well as she can, she smiled sweetly as she let the man looked her over. She only made a move forward after the man looked to one of the guards and nodded, telling the guard to stand down.

"Forgive my friend's reaction, it's just the last time someone like you appeared; this world was badly ravaged. Although I'm sure you can already see that, considering of the way the buildings and the townsfolk reacted to you."

Aria nodded her head, she had noticed the fear and hatred that everyone radiated. It did bother her a tad, but no one had chosen to act on it, thankfully. She did watch as he took another step forward, the color of his robes made her curious about the true workings of this world. Unlike the others that had white and red, this man's robes were dark, smoky grey, black and red. Aria watched the way his mouth turned up in a smile, apparently amused by her inquisitive gaze as she tried figure out what they could mean.

"It's a symbol of my rank child, but that isn't something you need to worry about for the time being. My name is Rioichi Auditore, and I'm the leader and master of these assassins. So, now my question to you young one, what brings a child like yourself to a place like this?" The red haired man said in greeting, and even though it probably wasn't the best of ideas, Aria couldn't keep herself from laughing.

Regaining control of herself, Aria smiled sweetly as she pushed past the guard that only pretended to be blocking her path. Motioning to Rioichi to follow with one of her fingers, she continued on her way to the stone fortress, waiting a few more steps before she answered, "My name is Aria, and my purpose here is none of your concern sir."

"Actually, I believe that it is, so what do you want from me and my brothers?"

She came to an abrupt halt and whipped around, gold eyes so cold it made a bitter winter in the coldest place possible look warm; she spoke in a surprisingly calm voice, "If you have to be clued in, I'm looking for allies in a war, and a source of mine told me I could get them here. Now, you can either lead me to your personal chambers so we can talk about this like the mature, professional warriors that we both are; or I can kill you where you stand. Which do you prefer?"

Aria watched as Rioichi weighed his options, and while there were other options that could be taken; the easiest and least dangerous of them was to talk it out. She saw him nod before the older one took the lead and led her to his quarters, knowing that as soon as she crossed the threshold the situation could go either direction and no one would know other than the two that would be in the room.

She realized they had reached the room only as her feet crossed the threshold, turning to shut the door, she wasn't surprised that Rioichi waited until the lock had clicked shut, locked and she had sat down before he demanded, "Now, since this has been made private, what is it you're truly after?"

Olympus Coliseum

~- Dark Call -~

Amethyst leaned against the wall, watching as one of her companions cut through her opponents oh so easily. The teenage summoner did have to admit, she was shocked at the aggression the normally defensive fighter displayed. Looking over to the man that stood next to her, she commented nonchalantly, "I'm surprised Sora, I thought for sure you'd be helping her."

She watched as he bristled at her remark, seemingly irritated with her for butting in on his private thoughts. Shrugging her shoulder, she continued watching as the red headed woman glided from one side of the arena to another; ruthlessly taking out one heartless after another; only to get distracted by the sensation of someone with a strong darkness arguing. Tilting her head to the left, Amethyst pushed away from the wall and walked down the steps of the stand, she ignored Sora as he called out to her, demanding to know where she was going. Amethyst also ignored Kairi as she paused in the match to stare at Ame; instead the girl focused intently on the energy that was calling her onward.

After a bit of searching, she came across a ship and noticed that the darkness was located there. A smile curving her mouth upwards, Amethyst beckoned the shadows to her to conceal her presence, with that done she walked into the ship. She drifted from one group of shadows to the next, searching for what ever darkness had called her to the ship in the first place.

Last edited:

Lunarmaster54

Awards
OOC: Click the blue stuff for pictures and background music :)

~Waltz of the Lonely~

“So, do you know where this stone is?”

Timmy and Astoria had come to a forest clearing. Minutes of silent walking had led them there and it seemed as though Tony and the others weren’t going to stop them from leaving. Which was good, Timmy was personally glad to get away from them so he could focus on the important things, which in this case was a single minded desire to get to Aaron and murder him.

Getting back to human form could wait a bit. Wolf teeth were perfect for ripping throats out.

Astoria was silent and Timmy (who had been a few steps in front of her) turned around with a questioning look on his face.

“Astoria?”

She wasn’t behind him. In fact she wasn’t even in the clearing. Timmy blinked in confusion, wondering when Astoria left him behind. Was she still back with Leyla’s friends? The teen started to run in the opposite direction, worried when a gunshot rang out and a bullet hit the ground right in front of him. He came to a stop, slowly turning around to see where the shot had come from.

In the center of the clearing stood a girl with long raven black hair. She stared at him with blank cerulean eyes that sent a shiver down his spine. They were void of emotion, her mouth was a thin line as she pointed a pistol at him with her right hand and in her left she clutched a black sword.

“and just who are you supposed to be?” Timmy demanded, not liking where this was going. In fact it irritated him. Every time he met someone new they attacked him lately. Every. Single. Time. Why couldn’t he meet someone nice who just wanted to be friends or something? He sighed and glanced around the area. A quick sweep behind him told him that a shimmering, honeycomb barrier of light blocked his path and boxed him in this clearing, more than likely set up by the stranger in front of him because there was one behind her as well.

The girl remained silent, pistol never wavering. Instead she fired it again. Once, twice. Timmy’s eyes narrowed as his keyblade flashed into existence and he deflected both shots with angry swipes of the weapon.

So she could fire bullets of magical compressed energy could she?

“Are you just going to attack me without a reason?!” he shouted.

The girl’s weapon lowered, her blank mask unchanging as she finally responded.

“I just want to know why they chose you.”

Timmy blinked, nonplussed. “Run that by me again?”

Great. Cryptic talk. That was another thing people have been doing around him a lot lately. They couldn’t spell anything out, no matter who he talked to, the person always had to speak in riddles.
Or in her case, not say anything at all.

“Answer me dammit!”

The air shifted..

She rushed forwards, sword raised. The time for talk was over it seemed. Timmy mirrored her, the two meeting in the center of the clearing with a short burst of slashes and stabs, both testing out the other’s defenses. Hers seemed to be rock solid. Steel grinded against steel and sparks flew as Timmy’s blows were parried and hers struck true. Blood splattered the ground as that black blade tore through his clothes and left shallow cuts on his arms, legs and cheek. He leapt backwards, thinking that getting distance would be a good way to go, but she simply followed him, dogging him with lightning fast stabs that he could just barley stay away from.

This girl was good, too good. He’d always thought he was a big man on the block sword fight wise, but her? She was something else.

With a growl Timmy channeled some thunder magic into his key but a fist quickly crashed into his face, breaking his concentration. The magic fizzled out and he just barely evaded a swipe that would have beheaded him.

It wasn’t like any other fight he’d been in. There was no banter, no gloating, no mocking. There was nothing but the tension in the air and the sounds of key and sword slamming together again and again.

She had him on the defensive and she was pushing him backwards. If he couldn’t get distance then he couldn’t throw any lightning bolts. If he couldn’t let up his defensive stance then he couldn’t hit her with a close range thundaga or a punch or kick. When he tried to channel his magic she just hit him, giving the hybrid no time to gather energy. Everything he tried she shut down with irritating ease and no matter what he did she was one move ahead of him. The one time he landed a clean blow, a solid cut that should have sliced her arm off...

...his key merely bounced off. It was like trying to cut through diamond.

Who the hell was this girl?

The girl in question finally disarmed him, a cut to his wrist (that nearly removed his hand) causing him to drop his key. She twirled her weapon, slamming the hilt into his chest and sending him flying back painfully into the honeycomb barrier. Shots rang out as she fired her pistol at him, shots that proved his earlier hypothesis because instead of piercing him they knocked him backwards repeatedly into the wall of light behind him. He slumped, battered and beaten and she put her weapons away with a flash of light.

“Did... you find the answer... you wanted?” Timmy croaked out.

The girl looked at him for a moment before responding “No.”

“No?”

“No.” she shook her head “Your weaker than me. You can’t take anything seriously," She gave him a unamused once over, taking in his wolf features with disgust, “Your ignorant. You don’t have any talents nor are you good with your keyblade. You lash out at others when you don’t get your way and you have a single minded obsession that will more than likely get you killed.”

“Single minded obsession?” Timmy glared at her “What the hell do you know about me?”

“I’ve been watching you, not allowed to actually confront you until now.” her gaze drifted to the ground, bitterness in her eyes “the only reason i’m allowed to do this now is because she has so much faith in you. In your strength.”

“Who?”

“But it’s MISPLACED!” her blank mask cracked and emotions leaked through, she stared at him in disbelief, in anger.

“I was the one pushed away and unwanted so that YOU could thrive!” she continued, taking unsteady steps towards him as her voice rose, growing more and more hysterical “I was the one forced to watch you fruitlessly grapple with the darkness inside you that you could easily control if you actually tried hard enough! If you would actually grow up!”

“Who are you to tell me to grow up?” Timmy snapped “Who are you to act like you know me?”

“I know you better than you know yourself.” her voice held an cold certainty.

“Somehow I don’t believe you.”

“Believe whatever it is you want to believe.” the girl said, pulling her pistol out of nowhere and pointing it at the hybrid’s head “But I’m killing you now. Plans for the future be damned.”

Adrenaline shot through his veins as he called on his magic, the thunder magic that he knew so well. Sparks shot across his body, lending him strength as he knocked her gun out of her hand and grabbed her by the throat. Rage pumped through his as he squeezed lifting her off the ground as he stood up to his full height.

“I believe it’s time you told me who you are.” Timmy said.

The girl gazed down at him, emotions hidden away again “I’m your sister.”

He dropped her.

She stabbed him.

After all, they called it a ‘hidden blade’ for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back