• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS -The Story So Far- Coming October 30th for PlayStation 4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

In surprising news, Square Enix and Disney have announced that a new compilation for Kingdom Hearts will be launching on PlayStation 4 at the end of the month, exclusively for the US. Kingdom Hearts -The Story So Far- combines Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, offering 2 discs in a single package. 

Square Enix released a press release on the announcement:

Today, SQUARE ENIX® and Disney announced KINGDOM HEARTS –The Story So Far–, a brand-new collection that takes players through nine chapters of the beloved KINGDOM HEARTS series.

In KINGDOM HEARTS –The Story So Far–, Keyblade wielders can relive the magical adventures of Sora, Donald Duck, Goofy and friends as they attempt to stop the Heartless invasion that threatens their universe. Fans will travel to iconic Disney locales and join forces with beloved Disney and FINAL FANTASY® characters in order to fight back against the threat of darkness and bring back light to all worlds.

The compilation includes the following games:

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX

• KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories
  • KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (HD Remastered cinematics)
  • KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep Final MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (HD Remastered cinematics)

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE

• KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD
  • KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep –A fragmentary passage–
  • KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover (movie)

KINGDOM HEARTS –The Story So Far– is now available to preorder at the Square Enix Online Store: sqex.link/Khthestorysofar and other participating retailers.

This title will be available on October 30th for $39.99 and has been rated E10+ (Everyone 10+). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.

At the moment, this collection is only confirmed for the United States. A release in other territories is unknown.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
When I saw the headline, I thought they were really about to try to sell us the “Story So Far” recap videos for $40. Lmao.

For some reason i was thinking it was a book XD (i didnt see the ps4 part) if it were a book i would have got it..... hmmm pretty sure this one will come with a pin at some point lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Honestly, I am sorry to the Xbox fans. There have been more than enough opportunities for Square Enix to port the collections to Xbox and if they aren't doing it with this re-collection now then it's not happening any time soon, at least not until a long time after KH3 launches (echoing Nomura's words from 2017).

It must really suck to be on Xbox and want to play KH3 but watching PlayStation get the same collections over and over again.

the red monster

Awards
yeah it's dumb to not port it over into xbox.. letting people going blind into kh3 is a super bad marketing.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
When I saw the headline, I thought they were really about to try to sell us the “Story So Far” recap videos for $40. Lmao.
My first thought as well. XD

Honestly, I am sorry to the Xbox fans. There have been more than enough opportunities for Square Enix to port the collections to Xbox and if they aren't doing it with this re-collection now then it's not happening any time soon, at least not until a long time after KH3 launches (echoing Nomura's words from 2017).

It must really suck to be on Xbox and want to play KH3 but watching PlayStation get the same collections over and over again.
My second thought when first seeing the announcement was Xbox fans were finally getting the games, and I got rather annoyed when it turned out not to be the case. It just doesn't make sense not to port them over. I feel terrible for them.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
the problem with xbox is that nomura want to put it in there but xbox hasnt talk it about there

Alja

Oh my God, I thought they had actually remade movies for the PS4 for all the games (and not the 5 minute snippets) and decided to sell those.
But this? I am over the moon, I wanted to buy both discs for quite a while now and I nearly did it several times, but now I know to wait and get this compilation instead. I love the cover a lot! It's beautiful.

Xagzan

Awards
My goodness haha. Glad my cousin hasn't acted on any of my recommended purchases yet in preparation for KH3, since we keep getting new, more convenient releases. This should be the last one though.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder if they’ll do any kind trailer for this? Would be nice to get one with a little something KH3 at the end. :D

Awards
I wonder if they’ll do any kind trailer for this? Would be nice to get one with a little something KH3 at the end. :D

Nah, I don't think so... lol

About the XBOX... I think they didn't released the compilations there yet bc of $$$ lol

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
After this the only way i see it releasing on xbox is if they just want to release it on switch and pc at the same time similar to the recent FF games announcements.

I can't see them doing a standalone release only for xbox at any point after this.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Nah, I don't think so... lol

About the XBOX... I think they didn't released the compilations there yet bc of $$$ lol

Why not? They did trailers for the 1.5+2.5 collection. This is a bigger deal with the entire series in one place three months before KH3. You’d think they’d want to get the word out on what they’re selling.

Kenub927

I just spent a few months completely beating them on KH 1.5 and KH 2.5.
Will my saves work for this collection?!
Please tell me yes.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I just spent a few months completely beating them on KH 1.5 and KH 2.5.
Will my saves work for this collection?!
Please tell me yes.
They should work, this is essentially the exact same games, just being re-released in a new collection.

The 1.5+2.5 disc and the 2.8 disc should be the exact same as their releases last year (having the patches on disc would be nice, but I think the patches push 1.5+2.5 over 50GB) so any save data you already have on PS4 should be compatible here.

They've already done this though. The trailer after the Pirates one at the Sony conference can easily just be recycled with this box art and info replacing the "all-in-one" info.

Last edited:

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Oh it was October. I just had the dates mixed up since i barely remember when i saw it but remembered there was a collection rumored at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back