• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Union X Re:Make speculation and expectatios

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

cakito123

Awards
Well, as far as I can see, all side games that wouldn't have 3D models have had a Re:make version of it, so I can only think it's really likely we'll get one with this one too, specially since a lot of people didn't play this game and don't really like it.
And, well, as a continuation of an old web browser game and today, as a mobile game, things will need to adapt if they want to make this console-friendly. Shall we discuss about those adaptations? What are the things you don't really like in Union X that you can see easily being changed in the ReMake title of its own entity?

There's a lot of topics it comes to my mind when I think about a remake on this mobile game:

One that is, do you think they will still implement the Player like it happens in the main game, or is it more likely they just erase our character entirely and focus on the main Union characters? I say that because Player seems to have erasable scenes outside disney world, that are mostly filler. The most important scenes we have with our own character always shares a companionship of Ephemer or Skuld, or any of the union leaders.

Which comes to the question, which character from the main union cast do you see being actually playable, in case that comes to happen? I really like ephemer and since I first saw him (in back cover) I'm really hoping we can play as him someday. He just smells like a great playable character to me, or maybe I just really like his design and curly white hair and red scarf. I dunno.

Would you want the game to have the deck system again, but improved? Or would you rather have a KH1/2/3 approach to battling? Maybe it could work like Re:Coded since they are in data worlds? Or something completely new, trying to imitate Union X actual mobile gameplay is some new way?

And last and less important, do you see this game coming out on Switch or only on PS4? Both?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Well Days hasn't gotten a re:make (which is a shame). Personally I'm not the biggest fan of the idea of a Re:Union X, but because a lot of fans haven't played it and it contains important lore I do think a Re:Make is likely. Though I don't see it happening until the mobile game comes to an end or at least the Union Cross season does.

One of the reason I personally don't want a remake is that we've already played through the Disney plot of these worlds before.and I'm kind of tired of retreading the Disney plots in these worlds again and again.
Another reason is that the player is in the orbit of the plot and rarely really a part of it.

Regarding your first two questions: It depends on, if they'll actually make a remake or another backcover. From the Union Leaders Ephemer does seem the most MC like, with the least amount of suspicion in the mysteries.
Personally though I think them making a character out of Player is likely seeing they'd want to include Disney Worlds and the Union Leaders in Ux barely ever go to them. Plus they plays a role in Strelizia's story.

When we do get a remake I'd like the gameplay to either use the Command Menu or Command Deck. I'd hate for them to actually keep the medal system, seeing I don't find it engaging, though I guess they could merge it with the Command Deck and make something more engaging out of it.

I think when it comes out it'll be for the PS5, to keep them all on one system.

cakito123

Awards
Well Days hasn't gotten a re:make (which is a shame). Personally I'm not the biggest fan of the idea of a Re:Union X, but because a lot of fans haven't played it and it contains important lore I do think a Re:Make is likely. Though I don't see it happening until the mobile game comes to an end or at least the Union Cross season does.

One of the reason I personally don't want a remake is that we've already played through the Disney plot of these worlds before.and I'm kind of tired of retreading the Disney plots in these worlds again and again.
Another reason is that the player is in the orbit of the plot and rarely really a part of it.

Regarding your first two questions: It depends on, if they'll actually make a remake or another backcover. From the Union Leaders Ephemer does seem the most MC like, with the least amount of suspicion in the mysteries.
Personally though I think them making a character out of Player is likely seeing they'd want to include Disney Worlds and the Union Leaders in Ux barely ever go to them. Plus they plays a role in Strelizia's story.

When we do get a remake I'd like the gameplay to either use the Command Menu or Command Deck. I'd hate for them to actually keep the medal system, seeing I don't find it engaging, though I guess they could merge it with the Command Deck and make something more engaging out of it.

I think when it comes out it'll be for the PS5, to keep them all on one system.

I share the same feeling too about how this game isn't good enough for a Remake. That's why I like to imagine that when they do make a Remake to that game, they'll probably realize all of its flaws too and change almost everything in that regard, since it seems really obvious all the flaws it has.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I think the main problems in this game (the ones you mentioned) exists only because this was always seen as "just" a mobile game. I could see how back in the early development days they would prefer utilising the same story structure again again...
I mean, remember when Nomura decided that CoM should move the story forward even if he wasn't allowed/didn't have the time to write and ask for Disney's permission to include a new movie and/or storyline? He still promised to deliver a new story even if that means using the same worlds again and again. I think the same thing happened to mobile-Union X.

I predict they'll use some of the KH3 worlds to do this Remake instead of all of those old worlds, so they won't need to make everything from scratch.

I think Player is a really bland character that really isn't fun to play and to watch having conversations and interactions. I never really liked how in this game we have a character-creator, it seems really off putting for Kingdom hearts, since my favorite part about this franchise are its original characters and how they move and screams their personality in and out of battles. And like you said too, Player really are never a part of the story, only a counterpart and an observer.

And, well, yeah, I think Union X is coming to a close really soon, and with that, a Remake in consoles will be on the way. I think the game will end this month within the next update, or at least they'll start the ending section in January 2020. That's what the story is hinting until now, I'd like to think. We're hitting some kind of climax in January update, that's for sure!

EDIT: Days didn't unfortunately get a remake, that's why I think the only games SE decides to remake are the ones with low resolution and 2D graphics (Coded and Chain of Memories). If Days would got a remake it wouldn't actually be a remake, only a remastared version of the DS game.

OneDandelion

Awards
It would be interesting to me only if they remake it in a way thats completely different from the phone game. For example, if they told the story from Luxu's or Ava's perspective, have the keyblade war happen then we switch to playing as Ephemer or Brain. That way we get a whole new perspective on the situation as well as character development for the big characters in KHx/UX that we otherwise can't really relate to.

If it only ended up being retold from the player's perspective I'd rather they not waste time and just convert the story into an extended movie like Back Cover. Lord knows we need every developer on deck creating new material so we can get the story out at a reasonable pace, like, before I'm dead.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I share the same feeling too about how this game isn't good enough for a Remake. That's why I like to imagine that when they do make a Remake to that game, they'll probably realize all of its flaws too and change almost everything in that regard, since it seems really obvious all the flaws it has.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I think the main problems in this game (the ones you mentioned) exists only because this was always seen as "just" a mobile game. I could see how back in the early development days they would prefer utilising the same story structure again again...

I mean, remember when Nomura decided that CoM should move the story forward even if he wasn't allowed/didn't have the time to write and ask for Disney's permission to include a new movie and/or storyline? He still promised to deliver a new story even if that means using the same worlds again and again. I think the same thing happened to mobile-Union X.

I predict they'll use some of the KH3 worlds to do this Remake instead of all of those old worlds, so they won't need to make everything from scratch.
Thing is that some of those short comings are part of the story and would have to remain in some form in an adaption.

I think they might be able to group some of the missions together to make them more enjoyable story chunks, but they'd still have to divide the visits into missions, seeing that helps showcase the passage of time and is part of the narrative.

The world choices in Ux seem rather deliberate. They're all, excepts for Olympus, worlds of the KH1 era Princesses of Heart. The only world missing from that equation is Radiant Garden, but that could be because there isn't really a story around the PoH in that world that isn't a direct consequence of Xehanort and his plans. I imagine there's a reason the MoM chose them, it'd be odd if KHx ends without us ever hearing why those were chosen.

I can't see them swapping them out with the KH3 ones, because the new Seven Hearts have yet to fully be revealed yet, so we'd be missing a few replacements. Also it's heavily implied that the worlds we visit are the only worlds the BoP created in that era, which means changing them for other worlds would make it harder to tell which version of the story is cannon.

I think Player is a really bland character that really isn't fun to play and to watch having conversations and interactions. I never really liked how in this game we have a character-creator, it seems really off putting for Kingdom hearts, since my favorite part about this franchise are its original characters and how they move and screams their personality in and out of battles. And like you said too, Player really are never a part of the story, only a counterpart and an observer.

And, well, yeah, I think Union X is coming to a close really soon, and with that, a Remake in consoles will be on the way. I think the game will end this month within the next update, or at least they'll start the ending section in January 2020. That's what the story is hinting until now, I'd like to think. We're hitting some kind of climax in January update, that's for sure!

Yeah, Player isn't really a character as much as a cursor for the gamer to navigate the world with.

I imagine that, if they were to make a remake, they'd make an actual character out of them with more personality. This could go a long way to help make Strelitzia's fascination with Player make sense. Though that would probably lead to the problem of conflicting versions of the KHx era's story, so it being a whatever the gamer wants semi-silent protagonist could sadly remain a possibility. Especially, if they keep it a MMO RPG.

Honestly to me where we are right now seems like it could either be the mid-point where things change or the beginning of the climax. The game ending in this month or the next doesn't seem likely with the short installments of content we're getting. I think we've got another half year to year to go with the stories current pacing.

Frankly the more we talk about it the more it seems like doing another Back Cover movie would be the better route to take.

EDIT: Days didn't unfortunately get a remake, that's why I think the only games SE decides to remake are the ones with low resolution and 2D graphics (Coded and Chain of Memories). If Days would got a remake it wouldn't actually be a remake, only a remastared version of the DS game.
I'd honestly rather get a Days remake seeing I'm already invested in it and can see the game benefiting from KH3's command menu. Also they could expand the world making them more interesting to explore in recon missions.

Back