• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts V-CAST Game Files Ripped

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kraze1984

Awards
You cannot just "convert" a game written in c++, without its source code, to java and then emulate. It would be triple work as compared to rewriting the game from scratch.

Dylan

Awards
You cannot just "convert" a game written in c++, without its source code, to java and then emulate. It would be triple work as compared to rewriting the game from scratch.
you're right kraze1984 then how will we do I found out that your zeebo emulator could run all three chapters good job two chapters are missing

kraze1984

Awards
I was running that off a real console and recording with a capture card. It is not an emulator.
To get the missing two chapters it is necessary to actually get them from a device which has them downloaded.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
What's the likeliness of modding Kingdom Hearts on PC to recreate V-Cast now that the franchise is available via Epic Games?

Barrett

Awards
What's the likeliness of modding Kingdom Hearts on PC to recreate V-Cast now that the franchise is available via Epic Games?
I desperately wanna see not only this, but also someone attempting to create new wild lore out of V-Cast and attempt to tie it to series canon. (Bonus points if they tie it to Phase 2.)

KeySpyMaster

Awards
Website
www.khdatabase.com
I don't really know anything about game development and modding, but from what I've read on this thread, it doesn't appear to be very simple to import the VCast game files into one of the new games because of how different the systems are. At least, that's what I've understood.

WaltK

Awards
I desperately wanna see not only this, but also someone attempting to create new wild lore out of V-Cast and attempt to tie it to series canon. (Bonus points if they tie it to Phase 2.)
I personally don’t see any reason whatsoever why the game couldn’t be seen as canonical if one wanted to.

The story is a dream that Sora’s having, right? Can easily be explained as happening during KH1 when Sora is resting on the Gummiship between worlds.

Hell, why not go one step further and say it was the dream Sora was having during his nap in CoM’s opening.

Double hell, let’s say it was a feaver dream (I mean, have you seen those visuals?) he had when Namine was putting his memories back together.

EDIT: triple hell, let’s say it was a fever dream Roxas was having. He could’ve gotten sick at least once during his org days.

Last edited:

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The story is a dream that Sora’s having, right? Can easily be explained as happening during KH1 when Sora is resting on the Gummiship between worlds.
That is actually the story of the game. While SDG are sleeping on the Gummi Ship between worlds (in KH1), Maleficent casts a spell on them and traps them inside a dream.

MartialAssassin

Awards
Another developer here, if the project for recreating the game in Unity is still alive, I would like to collaborate!

Regarding KH V-CAST. Could it be possible to contact any of the original developers? Maybe they have the source code. The company that developed the game is Superscape, and was purchased in 2008 by Glu Mobile. I was have not been able to contact any of the developers, I'll try contacting the composer. Also, I am trying to contact with Glu mobile just in case.

I have a little weird addition to the thread. Not related to V-Cast or Coded, but to another KH lost/weird game. (May we unveal all lost KH games some day?)

The name is Kingdom Hearts - Magical Puzzle Clash and was available on disney.go.com for promotion for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. It was a flash game, so unfortunatelly it is not playable now on web browsers like chrome, safari, vivaldi, brave...

However, after digging a little, I found that it is playable in this link. You have to download the numuki browser and you can play it. It is a Candy Crush like game, really weird.

It was a little difficult, but I have also downloaded all the files of the game till colloseum. However, I was unable to execute it in any flash emulator yet. (I think because the current emulators only support TypeScript till 2, and this game may have been developed using TypeScript3).

Some screenshots:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Soldier

Awards
I think it's still alive, the creator of the thread still pops in every once in a while, it's only a matter of time till he shows up.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Another developer here, if the project for recreating the game in Unity is still alive, I would like to collaborate!

Regarding KH V-CAST. Could it be possible to contact any of the original developers? Maybe they have the source code. The company that developed the game is Superscape, and was purchased in 2008 by Glu Mobile. I was have not been able to contact any of the developers, I'll try contacting the composer. Also, I am trying to contact with Glu mobile just in case.

I have a little weird addition to the thread. Not related to V-Cast or Coded, but to another KH lost/weird game. (May we unveal all lost KH games some day?)

The name is Kingdom Hearts - Magical Puzzle Clash and was available on disney.go.com for promotion for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. It was a flash game, so unfortunatelly it is not playable now on web browsers like chrome, safari, vivaldi, brave...

However, after digging a little, I found that it is playable in this link. You have to download the numuki browser and you can play it. It is a Candy Crush like game, really weird.

It was a little difficult, but I have also downloaded all the files of the game till colloseum. However, I was unable to execute it in any flash emulator yet. (I think because the current emulators only support TypeScript till 2, and this game may have been developed using TypeScript3).

Some screenshots:

Good ol' Organization VIII
In addition to Magical Puzzle Clash, there was also Kingdom Hearts Re:coded Gummiship Studio

I think it's still alive, the creator of the thread still pops in every once in a while, it's only a matter of time till he shows up.
I'm the OP, but I'm not the one doing all the work to dig around the code and resurrect this game.
Even though this thread's years old now, every once in a while someone comes in with a new development.
Slowly but surely.

Haidanort

Awards

kraze1984

Awards
I am already aware that Tofu has the game on the phone, this is also one of my research directions. However non-priority one as of now.

Last edited:

kraze1984

Awards
Hello everybody,

Eriyu (the user with the final chapter of KH VCast) did not visit this forum for a long time.

This might be a large stretch but there is a reddit user u/eriyu whose name and profile pic looks like the pfp of this user here. Could somebody who is active on reddit check\ask him\her on any update on the matter?

Regards

Somnus cealum

Awards

Some screenshots:

i remember playing this!!!!

GardenAll

Awards
I really hope that this project continues, would love to play this lost game!

We need to show support for this relic!

MASTER260

Awards
I've never kept any of my old phones, wish I had, though, but I remember I always had a phone running some sort of Verizon operating system. Sometimes it was V-Cast, I remember I had this cool V-Cast phone that had both a resistive touchscreen and a slide-out keyboard. But my parents never let me get any games on any of my phones because we didn't have a data plan until I got my first, "real," smartphone in 2013, a Galaxy S4 running Verizon-branded Android firmware. (That was my second-to-current phone, my current one is a Galaxy S7 I got after I had already moved to Israel that came with Cellcom-branded Android firmware, but right now I have LineageOS on it.) I vaguely remember seeing a Pac-Man game on the app stores of one of my really old phomes, but, again, my parents wouldn't let me buy it.

But, man, I wish I still had one of my V-Cast phones just to try this out on. I've known about Kingdom Hearts V-Cast for many years thanks to the internet, but I don't think I ever noticed it on one of my phone's app stores, probably just didn't look.

Back