• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts X[chi] 3rd Anniversary Key Art Released!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JR199913

Bronze Member
Awards
Although Sora already has a hoody jacket, I think the characters that we speculate are rebirth/reincarnations of the Foretellers might also get a redesign with a hoodie.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Although Sora already has a hoody jacket, I think the characters that we speculate are rebirth/reincarnations of the Foretellers might also get a redesign with a hoodie.

But if Ventus as to hypothetically be from the Kingdom Hearts X era as a Dandelion from Daybreak Town, that would shoot the whole reincarnation theory in the foot as Ventus and Master Gula lived in the same era.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
But if Ventus as to hypothetically be from the Kingdom Hearts X era as a Dandelion from Daybreak Town, that would shoot the whole reincarnation theory in the foot as Ventus and Master Gula lived in the same era.

Well, that's the thing. It might hurt the literal reincarnation idea, but will it really affect the fact that there are obvious parallels between the characters? I think the fact that their voices are different already hurts the reincarnation part of the rebirth theory, but I think the Rebirth theory all in all is not harmed if this theory is true at all.

(Or, Gula is meant to be Roxas and not Ven, but that's unlikely)

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Well, that's the thing. It might hurt the literal reincarnation idea, but will it really affect the fact that there are obvious parallels between the characters? I think the fact that their voices are different already hurts the reincarnation part of the rebirth theory, but I think the Rebirth theory all in all is not harmed if this theory is true at all.

(Or, Gula is meant to be Roxas and not Ven, but that's unlikely)

Don't they share voice actors in the Japanese version of Back Cover, though? Even so, it doesn't debunk the Rebirth theory. It's just a change of voices.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Don't they share voice actors in the Japanese version of Back Cover, though? Even so, it doesn't debunk the Rebirth theory. It's just a change of voices.

I just said it doesn't debunk the Rebirth theory, it debunks the literal reincarnations of the characters part of (some versions of) the Rebirth theory.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So I just came up with a crazy theory (with KHX spoilers below):

What if the Player ends up becoming his/her Chirithy?

Last we saw of Player (during the Keyblade War, that is), they seemed to not be doing well at all. And if no one comes to save them, they'll probably die soon. And I can't imagine Skuld or Ephemera showing up, because they're supposed to be Dandelions and not go to the war.

(Kingdom Hearts, or something, might end up saving Player, but for the purpose of this theory let's ignore ideas like that for now.)

We know that if the person a Chirithy is tied to dies, then so does Chirithy.

What if Chirithy, knowing that his dear friend is on his/her last leg, sort of absorbs him/her as a way of saving them both? (Because otherwise, neither of them would have had enough strength left within them.)

Or moreover, he does this as a selfless way to save Player, because we already know how much Chirithy has grown and just how much he's come to care about his friend.

It would be similar to Xehanort and Sora absorbing hearts, but for the good--like Sora does it--instead of for evil intentions like Xehanort's.

And maybe they can both even kind of happily coexist that way? Maybe both of them are present there, together--in the heart's consciousness--and have equal control of Chirithy?

That would be something we haven't seen before, and would be a good way to show that a parasitic bond can actually become a symbiosis one in this franchise, if both of the people involved are of pure heart and intention?

...This is a bizarre theory, I know. And there's really nothing to hint at this at all. It's just a thought that I had: mainly because the saga has done things like this before, and KH seems to like parallels, but to also turn them on their head every now and then.

And it would be a good way to keep Player for the future, I guess, but to also explain why he/she suddenly looks a certain why, and why he/she would start talking a lot (maybe) because of Chirithy influencing them.

I also feel like Chirithy's character development wouldn't allow Player to die, if he somehow knew what was happening and could stop it. I often think that Chirithy is the most interesting character, with development, in my personal opinion.

IDK.

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Thanks, guys:)

It's probably not true in the slightest, but when I saw the anniversary art--and Ephemera and Skuld--I felt bad that their other friend didn't get to be with them (though it's not like this is the first time Nomura's just drawn the two of them together, however), and then I saw Chirithy and was like, "...Wait a minute. What if that somehow is the Player?"

And then when I remembered that the Chirithy we know will die if we do end up doing so in the Keyblade Graveyard, this theory seemed to make some sense.

But, yeah: it's probably wrong. There isn't even a hundred percent chance that Chirithy, Ephemera, and/or Skuld will be seen beyond Key/Unchained Key, I mean.

For all we know, they all three could end up dying. But I sure hope that doesn't end up being the case!

Edit: Do you guys think I should black this all out as a spoiler? Technically, the fact that the Player ends up in the Keyblade Graveyard could be seen as a spoiler for those who have just played UX, but what do you think?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Thanks, guys:)

It's probably not true in the slightest, but when I saw the anniversary art--and Ephemera and Skuld--I felt bad that their other friend didn't get to be with them (though it's not like this is the first time Nomura's just drawn the two of them together, however), and then I saw Chirithy and was like, "...Wait a minute. What if that somehow is the Player?"

And then when I remembered that the Chirithy we know will die if we do end up doing so in the Keyblade Graveyard, this theory seemed to make some sense.

But, yeah: it's probably wrong. There isn't even a hundred percent chance that Chirithy, Ephemera, and/or Skuld will be seen beyond Key/Unchained Key, I mean.

For all we know, they all three could end up dying. But I sure hope that doesn't end up being the case!

Edit: Do you guys think I should black this all out as a spoiler? Technically, the fact that the Player ends up in the Keyblade Graveyard could be seen as a spoiler for those who have just played UX, but what do you think?

I don't think that the ending of X will spoil Unchained X simply because that ending may be exclusive to X and here's why...

Nomura did say that Unchained X is going to be a like a second series for Kingdom Hearts X. If the Dandelions do end up in the Unchained Realm (Kingdom Hearts Unchained X world), I think that the Keyblade War is going to be orchestrated differently in the Unchained Realm. Think of it like an alternate Universe. I still think that the Keyblade War will also happen in Unchained X, however, the moment leading to the event will be fairly different to accommodate the additional stories and length in comparison to X's story.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Updated with a higher-quality version!

3rd%20anniversary.png

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

3rd%20anniversary.png

this looks so great. Riku is still sporting the only reasonable outfit and sora NEEDS TO PUT UP HIS GOTDAMN HOOD. MAKE IT AN ALTERNATE OUTFIT AT LEAST, GIVE ME SOMETHING

Karrawong

3rd%20anniversary.png

Looks awesome!

All the designs (with exception of Kairi) are great! Riku is probably the best out of the three new designs.

We also get to see Ven's expression a bit better now, he seems to have a neutral expression.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

3rd%20anniversary.png

Woohoo, thanks Sign.
Finally an unobstructed, full view of the whole thing.
Do I see Skuld holding Chirithy in her arm? Aww, sweet <3.
Also, the tips of Ephemera's scarf somehow continue to remind me of little red wings, lol.

this looks so great. Riku is still sporting the only reasonable outfit and sora NEEDS TO PUT UP HIS GOTDAMN HOOD. MAKE IT AN ALTERNATE OUTFIT AT LEAST, GIVE ME SOMETHING

Geh, I'd go further and say to you that both Riku and Kairi may very well also have their hoods down in 99,9% of KH III and on their ingame models.
They obstruct the view of their heads and faces anyways and thus are in the way.
Both Kairi and Sora so far always had hoods on their outfits which were never up outside of Nomura art, too.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Kairi hair is a mix of her kh1 and 2 hair and thanks sign

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back