• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS X[chi] - The 6th Apprentice and Rising Conflicts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm so confused. Nomura has said twice now that the person in the Black Coat is the Master of Masters. But now, all of the sudden, he's the Sixth Apprentice? :/

Master Brian

It seems the MoM is intending to let the Keyblade War happen. But this is being told by Luxu so I wouldn't consider it reliable just yet. I would wager since the MoM sees the future he's aware of what's coming in KH3. The War probably had to happen to save the future or something. It's probably something to do with the Grand Scheme of Things. I also think the player character/we is/are gonna have crucial role in the whole outcome of the war and are actions will be crucial to the outcome of Xehanort's defeat. Yeah that's pretty sick of Aced intending to use children as soldiers in the War. But that's probably what's gonna happen. It seems the legendary war's combatants are gonna be mostly children or teenagers. At least that's the impression I got right off that when I first saw the playthroughs of the game. It would make the war even more tragic.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Thanks!

Also... is this the same abandoned warehouse that Gula was seemingly struck down in by Aced? I think the order of the movie will be Invi injured Aced and he immediately ends up encountering Gula. But that doesn't seem quite right because Invi and Aced have already fought, but Aced has reappeared and seems fine.

But now... I'm worried about ma leader. Where is she? Everyone else has appeared so far.

Wait, wasn't the last time that Invi was seen during her duel against Aced? Maybe something happened after that fight...

I'm so confused. Nomura has said twice now that the person in the Black Coat is the Master of Masters. But now, all of the sudden, he's the Sixth Apprentice? :/
Should've known that Nomura wasn't actually giving us a straight answer back then...
I figure this means one of three things:

- Nomura straight-up lied (ehhhh)
- There really ARE two Coaties; the ones seen before now are the MoM, and this is the first time Luxu!Coaty has appeared.
- Luxu and the MoM are one in the same (a la those possession theories) and Nomura was telling an Obi-Wan Truth. (from a certain point of view, trololol)

I personally doubt that the first option is true. I'm really not too sure about the others.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
Oh man! This is getting good! So does this mean that there are TWO Black Coats? The one Ira was talking to and Luxu?

EDIT: I now see this issue has already been addressed with a number of theories.

Also, the "A few months later" thing, is that from the creation of the Dandelions? Or is that a foretelling of what's GOING to happen in a few months?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thanks a lot for the translations. Aced, these aren't soldiers! THESE ARE CHILDREN! ಠ╭╮ಠ Also Skuld sweetie, I have smacked many human beings with my keyblade and most of them deserved it(most). Please foretellers don't drag kids into your suicide mission geez!

Aced apparently doesn't give a shit...and we do not really know how the other Foretellers intent to operate as while both Gula and Ira seem to be reluctant, they've already resigned that the battle is unavoidable and thus will set in motion their own ideas to "unite all unions under their own leadership".

Except maybe some of the dandelions everyone will be dragged into it somehow anyways and then perish. It already happened and is history, "the ink is dry" so to speak. It cannot be prevented or changed.

The 6th apprentice is a bit of an odd fellow. What kinda person would be chill and just follow orders when his master asks for him to just watch the surrounding world come to it's end? And I assume it means the whole world, not just Daybreak Down.

The kind of person who doesn't care about other lives or the world as a whole.
Someone who either sees a "higher" goal for that any sacrifice and heinous action is justified or someone who just wants to see the world burn.
Luxu also says that the Master is not concerned with the "longelivity" of the world, which implies that the MoM has the exact same attitude (or if the possession possibility is true, that's actually the MoM speaking there through Luxu without Ava noticing).

The ultimate goal seems pretty clear though: Gain possession of Kingdom Hearts and become a god-like being. That will probably be the endgame of Luxu + MoM.
It's somewhat like a mirror of Vanitas + MX in BBS, only on a vastly bigger scale.

Maybe there are indeed two Coatys but the one seen so far in Back Cover-scenes is the MoM while Luxu has not made an appearance in Back Cover yet.
Or Luxu and the Master of Masters are actually in the same body either through norting/possessing or the heart of one of them simply residing in the other.
Gula's words about them both disappearing at roughly the same time raises suspicions in that regard.

Furthermore, in the player's dream on the Keyblade Graveyard there are several Coaties so it is not proven that the Coaty we see throughout Browser Chi, Unchained and Back Cover is always the same Coaty.

There might be different Coaties, yet all those may "technically" be the MoM because he's pulling the same trick Xehanort is doing in present time with his Organortisation.

Speaking about Coaties, there was also a scene about our resident cute flowerboy meeting a Coaty in the last non-dream appearance we saw of him, right?

Hina

I knew it !(^^)! In the trailer for Back Cover, there's a Black Coat with a deeper voice (the one who held the dandelion in the beginning) and one who seems younger (the one who speaks with master Ira later). The first must be the MoM as Nomura told us in the interview and the second would be Luxu. I wondered why the young Black Coat told Ira that stopping war is impossible - now I know.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I want to believe that the reason that Aced's acting so pissy is because he's been at the bottom of the Lux rankings for such a long time. xD
I knew it !(^^)! In the trailer for Back Cover, there's a Black Coat with a deeper voice (the one who held the dandelion in the beginning) and one who seems younger (the one who speaks with master Ira later). The first must be the MoM as Nomura told us in the interview and the second would be Luxu. I wondered why the young Black Coat told Ira that stopping war is impossible - now I know.
No, I don't think that's quite right. The Coaties from the trailer are definitely the same guy; the Japanese version makes this unmistakable. I think that up until now, IF there are indeed two, we've been seeing the MoM!Coaty and no one else. Luxu's debut is in this story update.

Waitasec, can anyone get a good close-up of Luxu? I want to see if he's got that same funny zipper emblem that we saw in the trailer.

Rexy

Bronze Member
I bet that both Master of Masters and the 6th apprentice use black clokes and that they both appear in the back cover trailer, that's why the two black cloak figures in tehe trailoer look so diferente from one another. And that the Master of Masters keyblade is indeed the χ-blade.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
And that the Master of Masters keyblade is indeed the χ-blade.
That doesn't make sense. The X-Blade is the counterpart to Kingdom Hearts, something which has always existed. It's also what they're all going to be fighting over.

Also, I'm beginning to think that the Black Coat may just actually be the sixth apprentice if the Master of Master just disappeared. The opening seen where he's holding a flower is reminiscent of the scene we're shown when he's talking to Ava.
Maybe Luxu is just really old?

Luxu

Awards
So the player survives the Keyblade war! But doesn't that make them the victor? Or do they shortly die? Anyway this is cool, mainly the Keyblade Graveyard pictures. Hearts and keyblades all around, lifeless and powerless while it rains and the player lies with their keyblade. The every tool that made the choice of the Player as its user, is the tool that made the player slay and destroyed the world. A lot could be drawn from this, we just have to wait and see I guess

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Waitasec, can anyone get a good close-up of Luxu? I want to see if he's got that same funny zipper emblem that we saw in the trailer.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

So take that as you may, I suppose. OG Coaty artwork was grabbed from his first appearance in November 2014.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
Okay, so the coaty we see with Ava is definitely Luxu, and the one that is seen with all the Foretellers IS (unless Nomura wants to BS another character) the Master of Masters.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Okay, so the coaty we see with Ava is definitely Luxu, and the one that is seen with all the Foretellers IS (unless Nomura wants to BS another character) the Master of Masters.

Yeah. two black hooded Characters isn't out of the question at all and seems to be the most plausible option, after all, the black hoods may be symbolic of the Master of Master's Union at the time of the X era.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You know what kind of bothers me? The fact that the X-Blade hasn't been mentioned yet. I mean, that's what the whole war was about according to MX.

Yea, and MX is known to be infallible whenever he says or writes something.
This is the era before the great Keyblade war, meaning the original and true X-blade should still be intact. It is said it shattered at the end of the war.
Tensions are indeed rising, but the war itself hasn't started yet.

I want to believe that the reason that Aced's acting so pissy is because he's been at the bottom of the Lux rankings for such a long time. xD

No, I don't think that's quite right. The Coaties from the trailer are definitely the same guy; the Japanese version makes this unmistakable. I think that up until now, IF there are indeed two, we've been seeing the MoM!Coaty and no one else. Luxu's debut is in this story update.

We certainly do not have the entire picture here but the status quo seems to really be that Aced sees all of the other Foretellers as his enemies by now, which is somewhat telling considering how they apparently used to be friends. The seeds of mistrust and anxiety really seem to have taken root in him the most (as Ira seems to be still calm, but resigned to things being unsalvageable and the way Gula talks he seems to do the same).
It is interesting however that Aced seems to blame the other four combined for the situation getting out of hand, not singling out one of them as the supposed "traitor" and he also speaks about "banishing" the other four rather than outright eliminating them when speaking about "strong organisation" and there being a need for a single leader.
This echoes the sentiment that having five different unions competing when their shared noble end goal is the same is bullshit, but it's also telling that Aced no longer speaks about safeguarding the light but about maintaining the balance.

In any material of Back Cover we may have only seen MoM-Coaty so far, but that doesn't mean this is the case for X[chi] and Unchained X.
Any of the Coaties appearing there could also have been Luxu.

Even if it is the same emblem that may just mean that the MoM and Luxu wear the same style of coat. Which is feasible if they're in league with each other.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
What I got from this thread:

6th Apprentice: I have good news for you, my master. War has begun.

MoM: Excellent. Everything is going as planned.

-

Ira: I have to admit that without the Keyblade Wielders, it would have not been a victory.

Ava: Victory? Victory you say? Master Ira, not victory. The shroud of the darkness has fallen. Begun the Keyblade War has.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
You know what kind of bothers me? The fact that the X-Blade hasn't been mentioned yet. I mean, that's what the whole war was about according to MX.
This wouldn't been the first time that Xehanort has made a statement that was kinda true, but not completely factual.

Yeah, the conflict might eventually come to involve the X-Blade, but really, that is NOT what everyone is fighting over. As we've seen from this chapter and from what we've been told since KH1, everyone was fighting over the light. Because the X-Blade is the literal key to the ultimate source of light, people will fight over it by proxy, but until the fighting shifts from Lux to Kingdom Hearts, I don't think anyone will care or even know about the X-Blade.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What I got from this thread:

6th Apprentice: I have good news for you, my master. War has begun.

MoM: Excellent. Everything is going as planned.

-

Ira: I have to admit that without the Keyblade Wielders, it would have not been a victory.

Ava: Victory? Victory you say? Master Ira, not victory. The shroud of the darkness has fallen. Begun the Keyblade War has.

I knew it, lol.
Kingdom Hearts Episode 0: Attack of the Wielders/Coaties is really a thing.

Hirokey123

Awards
So the MoM is an evil jerk surprising probably no one....an Anguis is just kinda nowhere? We have such a lack of Anguis it kinda weird.... Part of me also hopes Ava is Kairi now because Ava has been a really great character.

Ava knew things were going south but instead of resign herself she formed the dandelions and urged people to not fight.
Even despite things being destined to be hopeless Ava is still trying her hardest to save everyone and prevent the war.
Ava has as far as we've known yet to draw a keyblade on her friends.

<3 Ava

Luxu

Awards
Am I the only one that thinks the player might get the X-blade? Like out of everyone they are the most worthy of it, they have been to the Realm of Darkness increasing the darkness within the player, yet the light of the player should make it in an equal state. Thus allowing them to summon the X-Blade, so maybe they summon it during the Keyblade War and use to to survive the slaughter of all of the keyblade users fighting. Because I doubt that the Player is even skilled enough to be the last one standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back