• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kinhgom hearts 3 Graphics?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

i eat dark

Hey guys i was wondering since the kingdom hearts3 has a better chance of being in PS3 i was wondering how would you like Square Enix to make the graphics? should they stay the same?
s22947_ps2_11.jpg

or should they make them closer to this?
6270-ektxgebysc.jpg

The ps3 has better graphics and i would like them to make the game look as real as possible but im a little scare the disney characters won't look that good....what do you think? :confused:

mods if you think this thread is pointless then feel free to closed but please dont hate.

Prajna

I'm sure the graphics will be of top quality, there is nothing to worry about. Now go to sleep crazy person. Just Kidding, the graphics will be awesome for these reasons...

-PS3 Platform Game
-Square Enix is making the game

I don't think the graphics will look like the cg that's in Advent Children but I'm positive they will be superb.

S

Shadow Soldier

Why make realistic graphics in an unrealistic game?

Prajna

Why make realistic graphics in an unrealistic game?

lol, because we expect the best I guess. ^^

I like the second look... Why have one of the best graphics engines and not use it?

CG that is seen in the Kingdom Hearts openings is only used there because that kind of cg would not work during gameplay. The game would often freeze up and not function properly. It's really only good for movies and stuff.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
Perhaps something like cell-shading... Wait, no. Just make the charecters adapt when they go to a movie. Like, look like they actually fit in the movie or world.

EDIT: Have you not played a ps3 praj?

Prajna

Perhaps something like cell-shading... Wait, no. Just make the charecters adapt when they go to a movie. Like, look like they actually fit in the movie or world.

EDIT: Have you not played a ps3 praj?

I haven't, but I have seen the graphics and even they're not as good as cg graphics like in Advent Children.

Ventus94

they should just use that crystal tools engine that they're using for FFXIII

i eat dark

well they dont have to look like the cg just close to it or atleast make them better then the ps2(of course they will) the only thing i would love them to do is when the characters start talking and the bubbles pop up they should work on the mouths....

The Streetie

Awards
I think thi is where the line will be drawn through FF and KH ...

Whereas they CAN make FF graphics look as realistic as they want ... Im guessing that they wont up the definition on things ingame ... i mean ... would you reall ACTUALLY want to see strands of simbas hair ??? they just wouldnt do it ... i hope anyway

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I want them to consider blending the charecters to the world they're in. Like how sora got a new style in Timeless river.

i eat dark

I think thi is where the line will be drawn through FF and KH ...

Whereas they CAN make FF graphics look as realistic as they want ... Im guessing that they wont up the definition on things ingame ... i mean ... would you reall ACTUALLY want to see strands of simbas hair ??? they just wouldnt do it ... i hope anyway

oh man i would love too,simba would look so bad ass!

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
Obviously they're going to be a step up from the Kh2 graphics on the PS2, but I think the graphics used in the final cutscene, for example, would be too much. I mean, would you want it be to have them looking like that and running around with giant keys, and when you attack someone, little stars come out? And the cutscenes involving any disney character who isn't human would be just plain weird.

i eat dark

Obviously they're going to be a step up from the Kh2 graphics on the PS2, but I think the graphics used in the final cutscene, for example, would be too much. I mean, would you want it be to have them looking like that and running around with giant keys, and when you attack someone, little stars come out? And the cutscenes involving any disney character who isn't human would be just plain weird.
yeah thats the thing of scare of...the disney characters...i mean goofy,donald and mickey look great but im not sure about the other disney characters...

and about the giant key well thats already happening..sora running with a big key killing heartless...isnt that the point? but at the same time they dont have to look like the cg graphics from KH2 just a little close to it.
i mean it would suck if they had the same graphics as kh2....

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It's important to note that with more power, comes MORE artistic freedom, not less. The in-game graphics would not have to look like the CGI cutscenes, because making a game's graphics look better does not mean you will automatically make them more realistic.

Example:

Gamecube Mario:
SuperMarioSunshineWallpaperSmall.jpg

Wii Mario:
brawl_kc_112108.jpg

More polygions, better shading, more sophisticated texturing, and what have you, but it keeps the overall impression. Of course the PS3 has more advanced graphical capabilities, but you get the idea.

tdc456

I like the way Chevalier put it.

That is exactly what they should do with the graphics. Just slightly upgraded but so that no one looks super out of place. No matter what happens, I know I'll love it.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
I want the graphics of any KH title that they might put on the PS3 to be up to par with the technology of the system. Whether that means more realistic or better shading or anything, I don't care. It all looks good to me. Of course, I wouldn't want them to sacrifice on story or length in order to make the graphics the best ever done. If they can do it all, more power to them.

Optimus Rhyme

Better than Ken at LoL
yeah thats the thing of scare of...the disney characters...i mean goofy,donald and mickey look great but im not sure about the other disney characters...

and about the giant key well thats already happening..sora running with a big key killing heartless...isnt that the point? but at the same time they dont have to look like the cg graphics from KH2 just a little close to it.
i mean it would suck if they had the same graphics as kh2....

What I meant was that if the graphics were really high quality, it would seem kind of ridiculous, because it would look that more realistic.

-Dogs, Ducks, Mice, and other animals walking around
-A GIANT KEY.

Not to say it isn't the purpose of the series, but with high graphics, the fantasy element would be taken away to an extent, so it would just look wrong, is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back