• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Knight's journey: Likke of Twilight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
alichinorinoa.deviantart.com
here's the new chappie... sorry for it beng so long... XD

Chapter Seventeen: Lady Lyanne

The figure followed them with the stealth of a ninja. He made sure they wouldn’t be able to notice him. Jumping to another building, his shadow loomed over the ground, catching Riku’s attention. The figure hid fast enough not to be noticed but Riku was already getting suspicious.

“Riku? Something wrong?” asked Sora.

“Ahh, it’s nothing…”

Sora looked at him and grinned, “Riku, you’re a horrible liar. What’s on your mind?”

“I’m not sure… but somebody’s here.” Riku replied, looking away.

“I’ll tell everybody else. They should know.”

Sora then started to walk and inform everybody but Riku caught him by the shoulder, stopping him, “No, don’t. It’ll just make everything complicated. I don’t want to worry everybody, especially Likke. She’s had a difficult time.”

Sora nodded, looking at Likke. She held Rue’s hand, looking cheerful. Both of them agreed to keep it secret for the meantime, hoping it was just some hunch.

Entering the castle, the footsteps echoed in the hallway, its walls broken down, leaving an ancient look. Columns were also spotted scattered on the grounds, with several statues, almost rubble and missing several parts of its structure. Sora, Kairi and the others were speechless, while the castle platform, bearing two wings spread apart with a four-pointed star in its middle, caught Likke’s eye.

“Rue?” Likke asked, getting Rue’s attention,”What’s this symbol on the floor?”

“It’s Mystdia’s emblem.” he replied then looked away, “Feel free to check this place out, Li. You’ll find some things that show our past but stay out of trouble will ‘ya?”

“Really?! Why didn’t you say that earlier!” said Likke, dashing off. “And sure, I’ll behave!”

“Yeah… I hope so.”

*~*~*

“Likke’s been gone for some time now.” said Riku “I hope she’s alright.”

“You shouldn’t worry, Riku.” responded Sora,”Likke’s not a kid, so she can take care of herself right, Rue?”

Rue looked away, pretending to cough. He wasn’t sure if that was even true. Heck, even right now, who knows what Likke could get herself into.

“That’s it. I’m going after her.” stated Riku.

“Wait a sec., Riku.” Rue came towards Riku, handing him a tiny, sphere-like object. It vibrated for a short while on his palm, and then stopped. “There are spirits roaming in this castle. I’m not sure you feel them but just incase you meet one; show this so they don’t attack you. Dead spirits are just as humans only filled with sadness and such; don’t let your guard down.”

“…Thanks, Rue. I’m going then.”

Riku went on his way, putting the sphere in his jeans pocket, and hoping Likke wasn’t in some kind of danger. Passing the hallways, the air began to change. Shortly after a chill running down his spine, a mist started to solidify, revealing a ghostly figure of a child.

The child stared at him with blank eyes, but didn’t move a cinch. Riku took out the sphere, showed it to the spirit, who eventually disappeared. He shrugged, placing the sphere back into his pocket.

“This place feels more like a graveyard than a castle. I better-”

Riku got cut off suddenly when he heard a singing voice suddenly. He paused, trying to listen to the song. He’s never heard of the lyrics before but the voice was familiar.

“Held in young hands, that light is shivering… I've come all this way, wandering the edge of time… I came searching still, without even knowing your name, but…
One little feeling… I only wanted to hand over to you…”

“It’s Likke!” exclaimed Riku “She’s somewhere near.”

Riku then listened carefully, pinpointing where the voice sounded from. He spotted a door with sunlight coming out, along with Likke’s voice. Without hesitation, he entered to see Likke, sitting on a chair holding a small music box, which played a peaceful tune.

“Riku? What’s wrong?” Likke asked seeing Riku, then closing the box. “You look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

”I did…”

“Eh? You really saw one?” Likke replied shocked, “No fair! I want to see one.”

“Well, what are you doing here?” Riku continued to ask,”And what are you wearing?”

Riku noticed Likke had changed her clothes. Instead of her worn-out attire, she changed into a combat-like outfit. Her top was a short white tee, with a hood over her shoulders, covered by a tan-brown top and along with a short, dark skirt. She also changed her shoes, with black socks reaching to her knees.

“Well, I got sick of the blood on my clothes and I sorta found this on one closet. Nobody would need this anyway. Do you think its ok?”

Riku started to blush, “It uh… looks good on you.”

“Thanks, but I kind of felt it was a bit showy... ” Likke then stood up, still holding the music box. For a strange reason, she didn’t want to let go of it. It seemed to have a part of her past.

“Hey, what were you singing? It was beautiful.”

“I dunno… the song just flowed throughout my lips.” Likke replied, her finger touching her lips. “It felt like… I heard it sometime before… in my past.”

“You have…”

The same woman from Likke’s dream appeared yet again. The light made her appearance much more noticeable, showing exact resemblance. From the hair color, style and even facial features; all were identical.

“It’s you again… who are you?”

“……”

“Please! I hate this mysterious attitude of yours! Can’t anybody stop doing this to me?!” Likke shouted.

“Take it easy, Li.” eased Riku, “Don’t get angry so quickly.”

“But still! This sucks!” she countered, “I hate this!”

The woman began to approach carefully, eyes becoming teary, “Likke… I’m sorry…”

“… Do me a favor… “ Likke responded, turning her back at the woman. ”Just say it. Who in heaven’s name are you?”

“Likke…” she paused,”Im’…your mother.”

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Nice, very nice. The cliffhangers at the end of the chapters bring me back to read more!

Easy to follow along it is. A good find in the fan fiction section.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
thanks you guys... now i hope more people could comment.. *sigh* but its ok... XD

btw: the song (just tellin) is an english ver. of the Chrono Cross theme song 'Radical Dreamers: without the jewel' ... would it have been better if i typed the japanese? lol i lke this song... its sad and pretty...

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
me next chapter XD i suck at writing... well here's the next anyway yeah its short... sorry about that =3 comments please =3

Chapter Eighteen: (part one)

Not a noise uttered from Likke. She just stood frozen in her spot. Was she telling the truth or plain lying? Although, there can’t be any evidence she was lying.

“…Mom?” Likke quickly went to her, holding her tightly as possible. Her mom hugged back. Likke felt extremely right now and Riku smiled, seeing Likke happy now.

“I’m sorry. I was rude and-”

Her mom patted Likke’s head, smiled saying, “Never mind. I’m just happy that I can hold you one last time.”

The atmosphere suddenly felt different. Likke’s smile turned to a frown, tilting her head to the side. Riku started to wonder as well, but stayed out of their business. He didn’t want to interrupt their mother-daughter moment.

“One last time?” mumbled Likke, letting go, “What do you mean? Why the last?”

She stoked Likke’s hair lovingly, “So, Princess Collsiea really did erase every memory of your past? I see… that’s why you don’t remember.” Taking a short breath, she began to explain to Likke a few details before answering.

“When you were young, about ten if I’m correct, all trainee knights were to accompany the princess. Then, black beings suddenly appeared and began attacking our world. It was terrible. No one stood a chance against them.”

Likke turned to Riku, “The Heartless! They came here too… but why isn’t this place-”

“Shrouded in darkness?” added her mom,”Surprising as it sounds, the keyhole… in this world was sealed nevertheless, it was too late. Everything had been destroyed. Ironic isn’t it?”

The situation and the details were explained very clearly, though one thing remained yet uncertain. “So… that’s what happened. Still, mom you haven’t explained why you said ‘one last time’?”

Her mom then went silent, both Riku and Likke’s eyes widened. Sadly, Likke then knew what she meant. The background from behind started to show through her, meaning that she was nothing more than a spirit. She was only able to remain solid for short amounts of time before going back to being transparent.

“Many passed away… those lurking here share the same fate as me. Even if it seemed impossible, I tried to remain here; waiting for your return and it’s worth it.” As she spoke, her body faded. From the bottom, then to the top, she began disappearing until only the shoulders to the head were the only ones barely seen.

“Mom no!” shouted Likke. She didn’t want her to go away. Not now. Likke finally got to meet her mother, and she wasn’t willing to be alone. “Don’t leave me…”

Her mother just smiled, “I’m always in your heart. Remember that, memories are never completely erased. They’re just stashed away in the depths waiting for the right time to surface. And… I love you.” At this, she was gone.

Likke clasped her hands, like in prayer. Her eyes closed, with a tear dropping. “Mom… I love you too…”

Riku approached her, and then held her tightly. Likke felt awkward, though she didn’t want him to let go. His arms were around her, making her feel safe; out of harm’s way.

“You’re not alone. Your friends are with you… and I’m here. I won’t leave you, I promise.”

Haku

<3
Great chapter GBG I really look forward into reading the next one.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
wow... new chappie ok the next part at least.... got my brains working again XD please comment and tell how i can improve

Chapter eigtheen: part two

Rue suddenly shot up, hearing a faint noise in the area. Nobody, besides Sora, Kairi, Roxas, Namine, Donald and Goofy, were in the premises. None of them may have heard it; since they were still doing regular activities. He glanced to the side and then saw movement near one of the fallen pillars.

Taking precaution, he withdrew his keyblade without anybody noticing, and then attacked. Rue immediately spotted the intruder, though he vanished, leaving smoke traces, just before Rue’s key landed on him. Sora and the others were startled by Rue’s actions, but were even surprised to see the cloaked figure transport himself in to the middle of the room.

“Hm? She’s not here.” He said, after examining the whole area.

“She? Does he mean Likke?” thought Rue. “Snap… I think he’s the one Likke fought before. Now he wants to finish the job.”

“No matter…” the figure continued,” I’ll eliminate her after all of you fall…dead.”

Roxas got irritated at him, “Hey! Don’t underestimate us! Who the heck are you?”

The figure pulled back his cloak, revealing intensely deep brown eyes along with his silver hair. A long-range gun poked out from inside his cloak, which he then took, pointing it at them.

“I am called Draix, gunman of the Dark Comrades.” He said, while his gun remained pointing at them. ”Brace yourselves…”

Sora then summoned his kingdom keyblade, as well as Roxas, pulling out his key, called oathkeeper. They waited for Draix to show signs of attack, then after loading a few bullets shot a few on them. Sora managed to evade the bullets effortlessly, but it was getting dangerous for all of them after seeing Kairi nearly getting hit on the head. Draix, smirking after he noticed Sora distracted by Kairi, aimed his gun at her.

“Kairi, look out!” shouted Sora. In an attempt to save her, he darted towards Draix, slashing him on the arm, though it was too late as a loud bang emitted from the gun, meaning he had fired the bullet.

“No!” Sora shouted, looking back. “Please miss!”

Miraculously, the bullet missed another few inches from Kairi’s head yet again. It was like he was missing his target on purpose. Sora sighed in relief. ‘Thank goodness…’ he thought, then continued on simultaneously attacking Draix.
“What to do?” Kairi thought. She didn’t want to do nothing while everyone was fighting. Kairi felt a tug on her arm, caused by Rue. He pulled her out from the open, then hid behind a pillar.

“Kairi listen” he staggered, catching his breath. “That man, Draix... he’s after Likke.”

“What?!” Kairi responded, brushing her reddish-brown hair from her face. “Are you sure?”

“Positive.” Rue checked if there was any path clear enough for Kairi to take. Sighting the hallway Likke went before was far from dangerous, Rue pointed to it so Kairi can see.

“See that? Likke went through there awhile ago. Warn her that someone’s after her. Once you’re ready, I’ll back you up.”

A determined face made itself clear on Kairi’s face. She stood up, ready to go.

“Ok, got it!”

Swinging his keyblade, Rue blocked off stray bullets flying across the air. Kairi remained close as possible to avoid the wayward bullets. They reached the entrance of the hallway, gasping for moments of breath.

“I’m off. Take care and can you say to Sora… that I’ll be fine?”

“Sure. You better go before that guy sees you.”

“’Kay!”

Rue held the handle of his key tighter, getting ready to jump in the fight. Dashing forward, he didn’t see another figure pass by. The figure also wore the same black cloak, and followed Kairi, running down the hallway.

“Likke… she’s safe, right? Riku’s with her so she’s got to be.”

‘I wouldn’t say so….’ The figure thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back