• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Knit two, purl one. Aw forget it! Pass me the crochet hook! Cat and yarn...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I think I found my next knitting project.

Water Bottle Holder (yes that's the pattern. I am linking it here b/c it has a nice picture.)

I'll make it in some dark color and maybe think about putting a wayfinder on it for cute ^_^ See, me and Shadowneko (my brother who I've mentioned a few times) managed to score some really cheap Six Flags over Georgia season passes. IF you bring in a empty bottle, they will give you free ice water. (That's everyone, not just people with memberships.) Considering it can get REALLY HOT, that sounds great while riding roller coasters. I have a Copco water bottle I use around the house; I could bring that and have all the ice water I want, but it doesn't have a handle. So make that and carry the bottle and be happy?

Once I get the yarn, I'll post up the finished product with the offending water bottle in it! Oh and yes, mean to sew "M.A." or "M.D." on it b/c of where I mean to use it. (I rarely put my full initials on anything..it kinda spells "mad" which usually I AM NOT!)

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
DONE guys. Decided against teh wayfinder, but I added another little surprise..

Anyway first we start with the offending water bottle.
SKN7gQq.jpg

Yeah, just your every day Copco 16.9 oz water bottle, eh?

Well, took me a couple days but..

rp4wnwk.jpg

And yes, THAT is a paopu fruit you see! It's easier to find patterns for a paopu than wayfinders for some reason, and I thought a smol one would make a nice decoration on that.

Oh and Penny's here today; she liked the color, liked the idea, and I told her to bring her Six Flags water bottle over here and I'd make her one, same color but with something else sewn on it so we can tell'em apart at a distance. ^^

Oh and Penny wanted to play with teh paopu fruit lol. I told her I'd make a bigger one once I could get some more stuffing, since Sis is making a lot of stuffed stuff right now and I admit, borrowed a bit from what she was using; It wouldn't be fair to be greedy!

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
So okay. Gots a plan for Penny's water bottle holder. PUT A BUTTERFLY ON IT! She wants butterflies on her baptismal gown that Sis is making for her (Sis sews. I'm more of a embroidery/knitting/crochet girl), so I thought she'd like that.

Today, I got a little frustrated (Don't ask. sometimes making something can help me calm the eff down) so decided to try one of the butterfly patterns I found.
0OPpy0A.jpg

(put on 3DS for comparison)

Ummm..That..is hair bow size. Too big. I found a smaller one I think will work better. If Penny likes that one, I'll hot glue it to a barrette though.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'm sorry I didn't post up for Christmas; I made the nieces/nephew all hats and scarves and sis a hat and scarf. If you saw my profile; you'd also know i'm dealing with some really sad news; my middle brother (I call him The Troll online a lot) got cancer! UGH! /mutters nasty things about cancer

So i made him a hat, and am proly going to make him more hats (taht's my way of coping with OH [censored] THERE'S CANCER IN THE HOUSE) but considering the season I had a idea born of a family friend who once took Mom to chemo treatments. She once gave mom pocket tissue packs. Right now it's cold/flu/allergy season, so what better thing to have around on a chemo treatment than some tissues just in case? I figured there had to be a way to make a pocket tissue holder (since we get Puffs Plus in bulk from Sam's Club), and I found a pattern :). I made three of these, one for me, one for The Troll, one for my sister who has terrible allergies (and therefore, ALWAYS needs tissues. Sis's was teal; The Troll's was gold and white for Georgia Tech since he's a Rambling Wreck and proud of it!) Anyway here's mine:

CR4gtlu.jpg

Anyway it holds twelve tissues folded in quarters, which should be enough at church or something (or with the Troll; a chemo treatment) And before you ask, I need to clean my desk! Those popcicle sticks have got to go..

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm so sorry about your brother. I hope he kicks his cancer in the rear! Sending positive vibes to you and your family, Mary!

Oh, and your tissue holder is cute and snuggly and pink: What's not to like? 💖

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Thanks for that. I hope he does too; cancer is nasteh.

Anyway, my NIECES saw the tissue holders and whined for some of their own. So I had them pick out colors from my stash and..
khE5Gle.jpg

Penny got pink and sparkly white (which were the colors I used for her hat and scarf.) Eviee got black and white.

I guess the whole fam is gonna make sure they can blow their noses! I did warn Penny not to use those tissues on her glasses; Puffs Plus does not work good on eyeglasses since they have lotion in them. Which reminds me, I need to look and find me a glasses cleaning cloth one of these days.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

Wow, the things you make are really cool! I especially like the llama but they all look very good.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
So okay, if you saw my profile you will know Sis died very suddenly last Saturday.

I'll be putting up a new project tho soon. We had half the Relief Society over here to clean the kitchen (it was a horrible mess!)

And someone threw away our grocery bag stash we use for trash bags in the bathroom. Oops. Since everything else got organized, I didn't want to have it look like a bunch of junk (It was a lot of grocery bags stuffed in another one, so whoever found it proly thought "What is this trash?!) so I started to make one complete with mini paopou fruit on it but..

MY YARN NEEDLES WALKED ON ME. GAAAH! I'll have to get a new set arrrgh! I'll post it up once I deal with the needle problem tho.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Thank you Shadowneko for the yarn needles. So yeah, was able to finish it:

e499de836fb1b27e0f0798dcfb84c14b_1280.JPG

Yes, that's supposed to be a paopou fruit on it for fun. We will replace teh actual bags in the next week or two, so that's not a issue. We just needed a place to put'em that wasn't...another grocery bag.

PrettyGuard

Awards
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss maryadavies, I'm sure your sister is now happy in heaven, be strong. 🙏

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Pretty; I'm trying ^^ She had a lot of health problems, some related to some really really bad untreated lymphedema that may of been related to her dying (CURSE YOU GEORGIA MEDICAID that won't pay for lymphedema treatments! but that's a rant for somewhere else) so it's proly a relief.

I still maintain she yelled in heaven at first since this death was SO unexpected and so sudden, and she talked a lot about plans such as going to Disney World. Which she won't be able to do now.

Back