• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kramer, what happened?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

unknown_boy

Where's my fluffy?!!
Right, i'm leaving on the roads that lead to my fl
For all of you that have heard of Seinfield a.k.a The show about nothing, Kramer, the goofy neighbor of Jerry Seinfield, had an explosion against a couple of african-americans, where he had called them out by a ill-known name "nigger". Here I have the actuall outburst and his apology that was recorded on David Letterman.

Kramer's outburst.

His Apology.

I just want to know what you all think about this incident. Of course me, being black myself, was shocked and pissed at what this man had said. But after listening to his apology, I think that it was more to it than him and racial slurs. Like the guy said in the first link, his career was basically done. So when he yelled at the black guy, he was releasing all that frustration. But what do you all think, and please, let it be intelligent!

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
He was at a comedy club, and some guy got real uppity with him and started mocking him. I'd be frustrated too, and I'd probably scream a few explitives if someone screwed up a show of mine >_>

What's hilarious about all this is that Chris Rock's every other word is the N word, and yet no one ever complains about him. Yet, when a white guy starts with it, he has to publically apologize in front of a nation.

Huh.

~Dorian Gray

Cid Highwind

The Captain
man, i was shocked when i heard about this. this is the guy that made a coffee table book that could actually be turned into a coffee table! o well, we all make mistakes. i don't think he's a racist or anything, but he just was upset. i wonder how kramers lawyer in the show Seinfeld felt about that.

Shadukai X

Banned
He git fed up, which is understandable, the problem is HOW he handled it, which was not very well, obviously

KingBlade

by sinspire^
What's hilarious about all this is that Chris Rock's every other word is the N word, and yet no one ever complains about him. Yet, when a white guy starts with it, he has to publically apologize in front of a nation.

Huh.

The thing is that African-Americans use this word as their own, it belongs to them. Everyone in this day and age, knows that. Plus, they don't use it negatively, they flipped it to a more positive sound. But, when Kramer uses it, he is purposely using it to insult them in a negative way, because thats the biggest insult.

man, i was shocked when i heard about this. this is the guy that made a coffee table book that could actually be turned into a coffee table! o well, we all make mistakes. i don't think he's a racist or anything, but he just was upset. i wonder how kramers lawyer in the show Seinfeld felt about that.

A mistake? A mistake like that?

A mistake is something of what you do wrong and not realize that you did something wrong unless, you think your going to get away with it.

Kramer, knew he was going something wrong. It was that kind of situation which, it was something he could say that, he knew it was going to insult them, and he used it against them.

He knew what he was doing.

Last edited:

ozymandius

He blew his lid, plain and simple. But seriously, if your a comedian your supposed to be able to take those kinds of remarks.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
A mistake? A mistake like that?

A mistake is something of what you do wrong and not realize that you did something wrong unless, you think your going to get away with it.

Kramer, knew he was going something wrong. It was that kind of situation which, it was something he could say that, he knew it was going to insult them, and he used it against them.

He knew what he was doing.

true, but he was probably just so mad, that he blew up and let the "n" word out. it was probably just from him blowing up. yeah, it was intentional, but i don't think that we would actually just say that without getting really mad. i don't know the whole story to it, but i still consider that it was just a mistake he made.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
I think people are making too much of a deal out of this. It's amazing that they show the videos AFTER the black guys heckling. It's funny how we don't hear the catalyst for what Richards said.

And so what, he used a few racial slurs? If I were heckled with racist comments, I'd probably retaliate with racial comments as well. Of course, I do think he took it a little too far, but I don't blame him entirely. It's not like I'm going to watch Seinfeld and hate seeing Kramer on the show. For one, Kramer is too great of a character, and two, I don't think that this is that big of a deal.

unknown_boy

Where's my fluffy?!!
Right, i'm leaving on the roads that lead to my fl
I think people are making too much of a deal out of this. It's amazing that they show the videos AFTER the black guys heckling. It's funny how we don't hear the catalyst for what Richards said.

And so what, he used a few racial slurs? If I were heckled with racist comments, I'd probably retaliate with racial comments as well. Of course, I do think he took it a little too far, but I don't blame him entirely. It's not like I'm going to watch Seinfeld and hate seeing Kramer on the show. For one, Kramer is too great of a character, and two, I don't think that this is that big of a deal.

So what? The man used the most ill known racial slur in america, continously. And I seen they interviewed the black guys on Cnn. They said that they were talking loudly, but they weren't heckling Kramer.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
So what? The man used the most ill known racial slur in america, continously. And I seen they interviewed the black guys on Cnn. They said that they were talking loudly, but they weren't heckling Kramer.

But you don't understand. Once he was heckled, Richards little performance was an attempt at saving his act. However, he executed it poorly since it was out of rage and he took it too far.

Still, they are still making a big deal out of it. I mean, why the hell are they trying to sue Richards for his performance? None of the blacks there were hurt by the words he said. They just want to take any chance they can to sue a celebrity.

Plus, I personally forgive Richards for what he did. His apology on Letterman during Monday night's show showed how torn up he was. He felt bad about the slurs. His apology showed it. Especially since Jerry Seinfeld is good friends with Richards, and could tell how torn up Richards was because of this.

But still, after all that he did, he is still being sued? Why? He apologized. And plus, they refunded all of all the tickets to the people who attended the show that night. That, alone, is enough. No need to sue over this.

And besides, if it wasn't a celebrity up there using the racial slurs, it wouldn't have mattered. It wouldn't have gone as far as it is now. As I said, anybody will do what they can to sue a celebrity.

And I seen they interviewed the black guys on Cnn. They said that they were talking loudly, but they weren't heckling Kramer.

So, now, yelling out "Cracka!" and "You're not funny!" =/= Heckling?

So what? The man used the most ill known racial slur in america, continously.

What makes "nigger" so much more terrible than "cracker"?

~{Mindless Insanity}~

When all else fails!
In a nameless city deluged by continuous rain...wh
What makes "nigger" so much more terrible than "cracker"?

I think it is because of all of the racism that whites had against blacks, so if a white person gets mad at a Black person and calls him a "nigger" he is in trouple for being a racist, but if a Black person calls a white person a "cracker" he is just using his own slangh even though it is also insulting a white person. So basicly White people have to treat black people like glass hearts and black people can treat white people like anything because it is apparently not racist...complete bullshit.

I am not against black people(or african- americans)but it seems that if anybody today gets mad at someone and they aren't the same color, it is racism, not just aggravation of steam that has nothing to do with race......like this line, from a South Park episode(I use what they say sometimes) "And remember, you can't hurt anyone who is a different race then you are!"

So yeah, that's why low life, money graping, americans like made this un-seen rule...

So if I call somebody a nigger(I am white)on these forums and they are black, it is wrong, and if they call me cracker, it is okay. Personaly, I find both words to be un-needed slang and both insults, that's why I hate it when I see the racist guy that lives across from me insult this really nice guy that is black that has to go to work and lives right next to the person, but I also hate it when a black person calls someone a cracker.

The Enigmatic Man

The Power Cosmic Master
I was waiting for a thread to be made about this. He keeps saying he is not a racist and blah blah blah but even though I'm so defensive about a white person using the N word especially since I'm black, when I lose my head lets say to a spanish person, Spic and illegal immagrent are all the words I know. Kind of dumb anyway seeing as I'm black and spanish. We all are racist stereo types but we usually keep it in our head. It's when you vomit it all out there like an as$ that makes you look bad. So do I think his career is over? I don't know and I don't care because I never watched Seinfeld(sp?) and I never heard the guy perform so my immidiate assumtion is he's trash and that's that. Wether some other black people jump him later or wether someone does a drive-by on him is nothing to me, he made his mistake and if something happens to him it happens, life goes on...

xCursedXRebellionx said:
So, now, yelling out "Cracka!" and "You're not funny!" =/= Heckling?

.:Btw:. They called him a cracker and said he's not funny AFTER Kramer said the N word like 5 times. They also continued to say that wasn't necessary after he went off.

❖Ħλν?₡❖

Call me Candyman
Okay I am sorry if this sounds racist but why were people so SHOCKED and APPAULED when he said it. I mean my god if you ever see two black guys talking they say the n-word to each other like a million times but when a white guy says it, ohh watch out.

Hate crime
Hate crime
Hate crime

I mean I find it amusing that when I went to see my friend chuck at his workplace that there was about 8 other employees that were black that were using the word like crazy. Then chuck, since he was friends with them, went over and used the word in a sentence and they all stopped laughing and just stared at him and said; "hey man watch what your saying man".

That’s how ridiculous it is I mean come on now.

Now in my opinion I don't think he needed to apologize, he was angry, his career was going downhill, and lastly ITS JUST A WORD.

What don’t you think that I get somewhat offended that whenever I go to Philly I can't go across a corner without hearing the word "cracker" directed at me? I do but I move on because why children, just a damn word.

Anything else I would have said was well, already said.

~~M-S~~

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
OKay confused white people. If two black people people call eachother the N word, it isn't racist obviously because they are black. Thas like another white person calls you "cracker." Can you honestly say you would be offended? But if a person of another race said it, then you probobly would. White people need to stop using that excuse, because its not valid. I don't use the N word anyway, since it brings up all this sort of crap and its ignorant. This guy was way out of line for exploding like that, but I can't say I was offended by what he said, simply because it wasn't me. If anything, I'm surprised the blacks didn't jump his ass after he left the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back