• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Last names

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ta-Chan

/E S C A P E;;ǝɹnlıɐɟ
So, I'm kinda not sure what to do here, My mom and my dad split up, I am living with my mom and she is changing her last name back to Bruins. She said I'd still have my dad's last name, but I don't know if I want to share a last name with him, but I don't want to use my mother's maiden name either.

Basically, should I suck it up and keep with my dads last name, switch to my mom's or just consider a name change?

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Name changes involve a lot of paperwork, and you can get many headaches with things like travel documents and identification and academic certificates, to name a few. If it's not distressing you, just keep it.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
So, I'm kinda not sure what to do here, My mom and my dad split up, I am living with my mom and she is changing her last name back to Bruins. She said I'd still have my dad's last name, but I don't know if I want to share a last name with him, but I don't want to use my mother's maiden name either.

Basically, should I suck it up and keep with my dads last name, switch to my mom's or just consider a name change?

Are they getting a divorce? Which parent will have custody over you? Despite that, it's your choice. My mom married my stepdad-dad in like my sophmore year of high school, and I kept the name I was born with until like a few months ago when I was adopted.

Just do what you want with your last name, really. But if you change it = hoards of paperwork.

Ta-Chan

/E S C A P E;;ǝɹnlıɐɟ
Name changes involve a lot of paperwork, and you can get many headaches with things like travel documents and identification and academic certificates, to name a few. If it's not distressing you, just keep it.
Well, I haven't applied for a passport yet and I'm not even graduated yet
Are they getting a divorce? Which parent will have custody over you? Despite that, it's your choice. My mom married my stepdad-dad in like my sophmore year of high school, and I kept the name I was born with until like a few months ago when I was adopted.

Just do what you want with your last name, really. But if you change it = hoards of paperwork.
Well, they are getting divorced, and I'll be in my mom's custody, but I feel like it'd be awkward if she changes back to her maiden name and I keep my dad's, and all my step siblings all have different last names so I don't feel as though I identify with anyone really. Basically though, I'm thinking if I change it at all it'll be something entirely different

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, if you are willing to go through the paperwork, you could change it. If the last name is fine, keep it and rock it~ When you get married it will be changed anyways (if you decide to take your partner's name)

I have my father's last name and I haven't seen him in almost twelve years. :|

Ta-Chan

/E S C A P E;;ǝɹnlıɐɟ
Well, if you are willing to go through the paperwork, you could change it. If the last name is fine, keep it and rock it~ When you get married it will be changed anyways (if you decide to take your partner's name)

I have my father's last name and I haven't seen him in almost twelve years. :|
My dad lives across the street and recently installed a stripper pole in his house. that's the problem. And I know I'll take my partner's name anyway, but who knows when I'll be married...

Ta-Chan

/E S C A P E;;ǝɹnlıɐɟ
Ah, yeah. Change your name. :| Don't be associated with that.

I'm guessing that's my best option, since I don't want to seem to love either parent more. Of course I'd need a parent signature on things soooo I'll need to talk to my mom tommorow :X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back