• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

latest illustration

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
It's for a regular section I do in a local mag that focusses on people, neighbourhoods, and design. The section is called 'know your village', and is always a spotlight on a particular place. This issue was Wall Street, so my illustration was a timeline of the people or tribes who have claimed ownership of Wall St at one point or another, starting with the Native Americans there, the Dutch and English, the Bankers, and finally the Occupy movement. I always have trouble with people (my partner is great with them, but I did this one solo due to scheduling), so I tried to imply the presence of people instead.

aae35493df976a3ffbe72b8478385e8b.png

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Heh, this leaves me with a nice feeling of history going from left to right. Even though you don't have people occupying the space the communication aspect has enough impact to give me an idea (which I like, because it gives the viewer the range to figure this out on their own to some extent) the occupant party.

I'm not exactly sure how else to comment, what I'm seeing is stuff I'm just getting to in my studies xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back