• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lazy Afternoon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which song should i attempt next in my free time?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
So i Attempted a kingdom Hearts song....
Well it not the first one i did but its the first one i did in years.
This is definitely one of my favorite from the series next to "Friends in my heart" and "Fantasia Alla Marcia".

I kinda messed up right before the Repeat but o well will redo eventually...
:cool:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
For some reason, I was not fond of the source material for years. It's definitely grown on me though and has a nice relaxing aura befitting its name.

You did a really great job with this! I love the tendrils you faded out with in the end, and honestly, it would have been interesting if you implemented that in the arrangement.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Wow that sounded wonderful. I really wish I could play the piano but I'm guessing a cat could play it better than me. Aww well, keep it up please.
thanks for the feedback according to some YouTube videos cats can play better than me lol. But yeah I'm gonna keep trying to improve.

For some reason, I was not fond of the source material for years. It's definitely grown on me though and has a nice relaxing aura befitting its name.

You did a really great job with this! I love the tendrils you faded out with in the end, and honestly, it would have been interesting if you implemented that in the arrangement.

Thanks for the feedback. This song actually grew on me. Back when I originally played the game way back when, I actually found the song annoying. Right now I'm re transcribing the song because it was written in the key of C while then original is G I believe. And it doesn't really end so I'll be making some changes. I will definitely take your suggestions into consideration to make this piece a little more interesting. I'm thinking about using this piece for my juries.

mardiqwop

Sounds great. :)
What kind of recording setup are you using? Your keyboard has a really nice warm sound. Maybe it's just the keyboard?

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Sounds great. :)
What kind of recording setup are you using? Your keyboard has a really nice warm sound. Maybe it's just the keyboard?

Camera: Nikon S6300 (it sucks) on a tripod
Digital Piano: Privia PX-350 (its Awesome)
Audio Editing Software: Audacity (for normalizing audio)
Video Editing Software: In this case i used Windows Live Media Player but now i use Cyberlink Power Director 11 (I miss using Vegas 9 but it doesn't support .MOV video format that my Nikon puts out...

I Record directly to a USB Flash drive.. My Digital Piano puts out high quality .wav files but the volume is on the low side so i use Audacity to normalize it. I'm Currently looking around for a Audio interface so i can directly wire my keyboard to my computer using 1/4 inch jacks... Then attempt to sync Video and audio in which ever Video Editing Software i am using. (It was a Nightmare attempting this in WLMM.)

Overall i have to say the keyboard has a really rich sound. It actually the reason why i brought it, along with the Synthetic Ivory and ebony keys which feel awesome while playing. Most keyboards in the price range have a plasticy feel to the keys that i dont really care for.

mardiqwop

I Record directly to a USB Flash drive.. My Digital Piano puts out high quality .wav files but the volume is on the low side so i use Audacity to normalize it. I'm Currently looking around for a Audio interface so i can directly wire my keyboard to my computer using 1/4 inch jacks...

I've started recording a bit of my own piano music. My keyboard is wonderful, but I lost a lot of quality in my last recording by doing it from my keyboard's line out into my PC's usb port. I don't have an audio interface yet, so one of those may solve my problem.
I didn't even think to look for an option to output .WAVs directly from the keyboard until I looked at your post. And whaddaya know, its possible after all. I'll give that a try next time I have something to record.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
I've started recording a bit of my own piano music. My keyboard is wonderful, but I lost a lot of quality in my last recording by doing it from my keyboard's line out into my PC's usb port. I don't have an audio interface yet, so one of those may solve my problem.
I didn't even think to look for an option to output .WAVs directly from the keyboard until I looked at your post. And whaddaya know, its possible after all. I'll give that a try next time I have something to record.

Good luck and if you have anymore questions hit me up

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
You play beautifully, Roxas_32. It's the first time I've ever truly liked listening to Lazy Afternoon. I have close to the same piano as you do. Keep up the great work!

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
You play beautifully, Roxas_32. It's the first time I've ever truly liked listening to Lazy Afternoon. I have close to the same piano as you do. Keep up the great work!

Thanks,
Honestly i never really liked the song specially when playing through KH2 (all the time spent in Twilight town in the game the song got really repetitive ) but i grew on me over the years.
Will do...

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Why don't more people like this song, it's like the epitome of the "summer afternoon and I have nothing to do" feels

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

Thanks,
Honestly i never really liked the song specially when playing through KH2 (all the time spent in Twilight town in the game the song got really repetitive ) but i grew on me over the years.
Will do...

Why don't more people like this song, it's like the epitome of the "summer afternoon and I have nothing to do" feels

Maybe, because it has to do with our vacation being over and the start back to our boring, daily lives.
No, I don't think so. Quite the bitter one though, aren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back