• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lea Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHJDM

Re: Ok everyone...Lea gets..

Hah?
Which one would that be?

Sorry to bring back a thread that's a little old. But I just played through BBS and DDD. Saw the ending as actually wasn't surprised. To clear some stuff up. Both Kairi and Lea got there Keyblades due to the fact theat they have the qualities to be Keyblade Wielders. The Keyblades "choose their Wielders". At the same time, Keyblade Wielders can perform a "ritual" to pass along the power of the Keyblade to future Wielders such as with Terra and Riku. Aqua passes on the keyblade to Kairi when she accidentally touched it in Radiant Garden. So Nomira decides to extend the plot, and pull out a story where the "keyblade war" and and 7 Keyblade Wielders will stop Xheanort. No big deal there, it's his storyline from the beginning, just go with it. I can see how he wants Kairi to start using the keyblade. As you can see, there has always been a Trio in the storylines. Kairi/Sora/Riku, Axel/Shion/Roxas, Terra/Ven/Aqua. So we seen it coming, and Nomira probably had it all planned since BBS, so you know there will be times where past events/cutscenes will be referenced in future games that will make sense to the storyline. So to get back on Subject, Lea gets his Keyblade Wielding powers from Ven/Terra, and don't believe me if you want but this happened. The scene in BBS where Ven is sitting in the Central Square Garden, he has a flashback to When Terra is holding his wooden training keyblade, and he recites the same thing he says to Riku when he does the Keyblade Ritual. The scene goes back to Ven sitting there, and then he drops the Wooden Keyblade. Lea, and Isa are walking by on there way to the Radiant Garden Castle, mire than likely getting ready to start working there as asisstants, and future ORGXIII Members.LEA PICKS UP THE WOODEN KEYBLADE FROM THE GROUND AND HANDS IT BACK TO VEN. So technically there was a scene in KH History that can be used to explain why Lea has the power to use the Keyblade. In reality anyone can use the Keyblade as long as they have the qualities to wield it, and possibly if a Keyblade chooses its wielder.Hope this clears some stuff up, and adds to the Lea Keyblade Wielder Questions. Thanks, please don't flame me.

flurryflames

So to get back on Subject, Lea gets his Keyblade Wielding powers from Ven/Terra, and don't believe me if you want but this happened. The scene in BBS where Ven is sitting in the Central Square Garden, he has a flashback to When Terra is holding his wooden training keyblade, and he recites the same thing he says to Riku when he does the Keyblade Ritual. The scene goes back to Ven sitting there, and then he drops the Wooden Keyblade. Lea, and Isa are walking by on there way to the Radiant Garden Castle, mire than likely getting ready to start working there as asisstants, and future ORGXIII Members.LEA PICKS UP THE WOODEN KEYBLADE FROM THE GROUND AND HANDS IT BACK TO VEN. So technically there was a scene in KH History that can be used to explain why Lea has the power to use the Keyblade. In reality anyone can use the Keyblade as long as they have the qualities to wield it, and possibly if a Keyblade chooses its wielder.Hope this clears some stuff up, and adds to the Lea Keyblade Wielder Questions. Thanks, please don't flame me.

The thing is it was an wooden keyblade, not real and fake one. That wouldn't grant him any power to wield one. (Terra's keyblade was a real one when he recited to Riku.) If it was then he would of been able to summon it instead of chakrams. Master Xehanort has a keyblade and can summon by will who has darkness in his heart so there is no requirment for light. So you have to be worthy to use it, but either way it takes experience as well. No one can say that is the power of friendship or something along that line with Lea because that is far fetched when it comes to Axel/Lea because he was an experiment and NOT born the special way of Roxas or Ven were. Axel/lea is not a predictible character. (Can't keep forgetting that Lea wants to save Isa and he needs more power to do so.) Some plausible explaination he can summon a keyblade is because Lea has the darkness in him still. Or we can go with the wanting/practicing/training and then it came to him.

Another thing is that Lea could of been pretending he didn't know how to summon a keyblade at the time, after all he is very good at deception when he was Axel. He didn't seem that suprised at all to me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Sorry to bring back a thread that's a little old.

It's fine. Just next time don't bump an old thread. If it is over half a year old it is best to leave it alone. We've had a ton of more recent discussions on Lea, especially since this thread was created right after the Japanese release of the game.

To clear some stuff up. Both Kairi and Lea got there Keyblades due to the fact theat they have the qualities to be Keyblade Wielders. The Keyblades "choose their Wielders". At the same time, Keyblade Wielders can perform a "ritual" to pass along the power of the Keyblade to future Wielders such as with Terra and Riku. Aqua passes on the keyblade to Kairi when she accidentally touched it in Radiant Garden. So Nomira decides to extend the plot, and pull out a story where the "keyblade war" and and 7 Keyblade Wielders will stop Xheanort. No big deal there, it's his storyline from the beginning, just go with it. I can see how he wants Kairi to start using the keyblade. As you can see, there has always been a Trio in the storylines. Kairi/Sora/Riku, Axel/Shion/Roxas, Terra/Ven/Aqua. So we seen it coming, and Nomira probably had it all planned since BBS, so you know there will be times where past events/cutscenes will be referenced in future games that will make sense to the storyline.

Yes, this is all things we know. Also his name is Nomura. And Xion, not Shion.

Lea, and Isa are walking by on there way to the Radiant Garden Castle, mire than likely getting ready to start working there as asisstants, and future ORGXIII Members.

No, it is implied they were trying to sneak into the castle for some reason. They were unaware of the experiments being done within the castle walls at that time. They had no business to be there, as you see at the end of BBS when Aeleus and Dilan throws them out.

LEA PICKS UP THE WOODEN KEYBLADE FROM THE GROUND AND HANDS IT BACK TO VEN. So technically there was a scene in KH History that can be used to explain why Lea has the power to use the Keyblade.

It's just a wooden keyblade. It's probably about as useful as Roxas' stick.

tumblr_meb9iy0GZ31rkr2u9o1_500.png

I mean, it is possible since stranger things have happened in the series, but Ven wasn't even touching the Keyblade in order to do a rite of succession.

In reality anyone can use the Keyblade as long as they have the qualities to wield it, and possibly if a Keyblade chooses its wielder.Hope this clears some stuff up, and adds to the Lea Keyblade Wielder Questions. Thanks, please don't flame me.

Yes, again we know this, but it is nice to see you trying to help out! I hope you participate in more discussions!

Another thing is that Lea could of been pretending he didn't know how to summon a keyblade at the time, after all he is very good at deception when he was Axel. He didn't seem that suprised at all to me.

Nah, he would have taken any chance to wave his keyblade around if he could summon it. Why would he fake not being able to summon it in the middle of a rescue mission?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
So Lea is like sora a keyblade just chooses him unaturally

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So Lea is like sora a keyblade just chooses him unaturally

No. The only reason Sora is different was because he wasn't the first choice of the Keyblade that went to him.

There is also no rule that a wielder, potential or full-fledged, has to be given a rite of succession to call upon one. It's just a "recommendation letter" in a way.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Furthermore, Lea got his inheritance ceremony from Yen Sid, so there isn't anything special about how he got his blade after all.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Then why is yen sid suprised at the end?

He is surprised that Lea already managed to summon it so fast after receiving the rite, and all of a sudden on top of that.

There's a cutscene before when he discusses Lea's progress and mentions Merlin and the fairies to Mickey ("you cannot teach a cat how to bark.").

Like Spockanort said, the ceremony does not guarantee you a Keyblade, it only increases the odds of some Keyblade choosing you.

scottsxiii

This may be farfectched, but would Lea handling Ven's wooden keyblade at Radiant Garden in BbS have any influence over him getting a keyblade?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It may count as subtle foreshadowing for the audience, but it does not have any influence in-universe at all.

wayward-wind

Website
www.last.fm
He is surprised that Lea already managed to summon it so fast after receiving the rite, and all of a sudden on top of that.

There's a cutscene before when he discusses Lea's progress and mentions Merlin and the fairies to Mickey ("you cannot teach a cat how to bark.").

Like Spockanort said, the ceremony does not guarantee you a Keyblade, it only increases the odds of some Keyblade choosing you.

Oh okay, this all makes sense now xD

Musicman97

This may be farfectched, but would Lea handling Ven's wooden keyblade at Radiant Garden in BbS have any influence over him getting a keyblade?
So in my opinion, The blade simply goes down the list when it chooses who its master will be right. so first it was Riku, that when the keyblade noticed that Riku had fallen into the darkness it moved down the list to Sora. Next to go down the list would be in the order of Roxas/Xion, Kiri, Namine, Lea, and what ever others I can not think about at this time. Now, when sora entered the Mark of Mastry exam and went into the dream worlds his keyblade had to instantly know something was going on, so it inspected the list to prepare. If we think about the list, we can kick off Roxas/Xion and Namine because the are apart of other people, and we can kick off Kiri because she was already given a keyblade (Even though she did not realise) by Aqua. This Leaves Lea. The reason that lea was even on the list was because he had the encounter with Ventus so many years ago and called him a friend. Alternately one could say that he was placed on the list due to his relationship with Roxas as Axle. When lea barged into mickys chambers twords the beginning in the game he must have felt the power manifesting but probably did not know how to use it. The reason he could not use it was because he was not given the full power yet. It was only when Sora was closest to doom that the power was given to him and he would be able to summon the key blade. This was at the end because at the end there was a chance that Sora would never have woken up if Riku had not answered the questions. Yet this is all still an opinion.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So in my opinion, The blade simply goes down the list when it chooses who its master will be right. so first it was Riku, that when the keyblade noticed that Riku had fallen into the darkness it moved down the list to Sora.

The Keyblade doesn't care what your alignment is. It chose Sora over Riku because his heart was stronger. The reason Sora obtained the Keyblade to begin with was because he was connected to Riku, who was no longer available to receive it at the time.

Next to go down the list would be in the order of Roxas/Xion, Kiri, Namine, Lea, and what ever others I can not think about at this time. Now, when sora entered the Mark of Mastry exam and went into the dream worlds his keyblade had to instantly know something was going on, so it inspected the list to prepare. If we think about the list, we can kick off Roxas/Xion and Namine because the are apart of other people, and we can kick off Kiri because she was already given a keyblade (Even though she did not realise) by Aqua.

There is no "list". Roxas could use Sora's Keyblade because of their connection, and Xion's was fake. Namine is not a wielder, and Kairi still has yet to awaken her own Keyblade. A Rite of Succession doesn't guarantee the successor a Keyblade; it merely acts as a letter of recommendation, granting them the ability to wield and making it more likely for them to receive one in the future.

This Leaves Lea. The reason that lea was even on the list was because he had the encounter with Ventus so many years ago and called him a friend. Alternately one could say that he was placed on the list due to his relationship with Roxas as Axle. When lea barged into mickys chambers twords the beginning in the game he must have felt the power manifesting but probably did not know how to use it.

Lea went to find Mickey because he knew he could help him achieve his goal, which ultimately required obtaining a Keyblade.

The reason he could not use it was because he was not given the full power yet. It was only when Sora was closest to doom that the power was given to him and he would be able to summon the key blade. This was at the end because at the end there was a chance that Sora would never have woken up if Riku had not answered the questions. Yet this is all still an opinion.

If you have the time, perhaps you might be interested in perusing our interview archives? Nayru's Love has also compiled a shortened list of ones that would be most helpful, available here. The rest can be found via the games menu to the right on our main site.

Musicman97

If you have the time, perhaps you might be interested in perusing our interview archives? Nayru's Love has also compiled a shortened list of ones that would be most helpful, available here. The rest can be found via the games menu to the right on our main site.
I will be shure to cheack this out but for now....
The Keyblade doesn't care what your alignment is.
I can not truly agree with this statement. While it is true that a key blade can chose to fight for either the light or the dark, a keyblade will only choose a master of that alignment. Soras key, the kingdom key was originally intended for Riku as he started with a heart of pure light in KHBBS and had only one wish which was to protect his friend Sora. The Kingdom key, regardless of the chain that is attached to it, will always fight someone who has not fallen for the darkness. This was proven in almost every KH game up untill KH3D. In KH1 Riku had attempted to take soras Keyblade from him but because the keyblade would only serve a person with a heart of pure light Riku was not able to keep the keyblade and Soras Returned to him. Tis same consept is shown in the battle against Riku and Roxas in 358/2 at the world that never was where he atempted to use Roxases Synch Blade the oblivion. Riku was always the one with the stronger heart in he beginning, it was not until Soras heart connected with others that Soras heart proved to be stronger. Even now that Riku pased the Mark of mastery exam he still cannot use a keyblade of light. The First keyblade he was able to use was a keyblade of pure darkness called the Soul Eater. Latter he used the key to peoples hearts. Both of those keyblades would only fight for darkness. Even now in KH2 and KHDDD he uses key blades that will fight for both the dark and the light (Soul eater, way to dawn).
There is no "list".
I understand that there is no actual list, I was only referring to a list as the people with a connection to the keyblade and how it would make sense to progress in that order. honestly though, now that i think on it I dont even know why I put Roxas/Xion or Namine on the list.
A Rite of Succession doesn't guarantee the successor a Keyblade
I Know this, it seems that I forgot to mention that Kiri has already obtained her keyblade in my previous post. It you dont remember in kingdom hearts 2. Since Kiri had a Rite of Succession, when Riku had given Kiri his Synch Blade at the end of the game it had transformed into the Destiny's Embrace. (I say transformed because rikus usual Synch Blades are the oblivion and the key to other peoples hearts.) Because she was able to use the keyblade for a long amount of time before it disapeared the keyblade had chosen her. Even though Kiri has never Strengthened her power with the keyblade that is her guaranteed Keyblade.
Lea went to find Mickey because he knew he could help him achieve his goal, which ultimately required obtaining a Keyblade.

I will give you that one.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I can not truly agree with this statement. While it is true that a key blade can chose to fight for either the light or the dark, a keyblade will only choose a master of that alignment. Soras key, the kingdom key was originally intended for Riku as he started with a heart of pure light in KHBBS and had only one wish which was to protect his friend Sora. The Kingdom key, regardless of the chain that is attached to it, will always fight someone who has not fallen for the darkness. This was proven in almost every KH game up untill KH3D. In KH1 Riku had attempted to take soras Keyblade from him but because the keyblade would only serve a person with a heart of pure light Riku was not able to keep the keyblade and Soras Returned to him. Tis same consept is shown in the battle against Riku and Roxas in 358/2 at the world that never was where he atempted to use Roxases Synch Blade the oblivion. Riku was always the one with the stronger heart in he beginning, it was not until Soras heart connected with others that Soras heart proved to be stronger. Even now that Riku pased the Mark of mastery exam he still cannot use a keyblade of light. The First keyblade he was able to use was a keyblade of pure darkness called the Soul Eater. Latter he used the key to peoples hearts. Both of those keyblades would only fight for darkness. Even now in KH2 and KHDDD he uses key blades that will fight for both the dark and the light (Soul eater, way to dawn).

Whether the wielder is aligned with the light or darkness is irrelevant to the Keyblade. Neither Sora nor Riku have ever had a heart of pure light, The KK was in Riku's position for a short while but it eventually went to Sora because his heart was stronger. Riku himself outright denounced the value of the heart calling it a "weak thing" and shortly afterwards the KK ditched him. Although if darkness were to be blamed it's more because it weakened Riku's heart since he didn't know how to harness it properly. The most common type of Keyblades are RoL Keyblades, which even the antagonists use, while RoD Keyblades are very rare. The only one from the RoD we've seen thus far is Mickey's KKD further hitting home that a Keyblades origin and wielder's alignment is irrelevant.

Didn't Riku use Oblivion successfully in his fight with Roxas? Riku getting Oblivion was Xion's doing anyway.

Soul Eater isn't a Keyblade, just a special type of weapon (not that passing the MoM has anything to do with the type of Keyblade you receive). The Keyblade of People's Hearts is a special Keyblade that isn't really aligned with any side. We don't know much about them yet since Keyblades made of hearts are rather mysterious but they seem to function on a "first come, fist serve" basis. Whoever makes it first gets to wield it. Although Sora did get to handle the KoPH, the circumstances were interesting. The Way to the Dawn is a RoL Keyblade.

I understand that there is no actual list, I was only referring to a list as the people with a connection to the keyblade and how it would make sense to progress in that order. honestly though, now that i think on it I dont even know why I put Roxas/Xion or Namine on the list.

You forgot Jack Sparrow! 8D

I Know this, it seems that I forgot to mention that Kiri has already obtained her keyblade in my previous post. It you dont remember in kingdom hearts 2. Since Kiri had a Rite of Succession, when Riku had given Kiri his Synch Blade at the end of the game it had transformed into the Destiny's Embrace. (I say transformed because rikus usual Synch Blades are the oblivion and the key to other peoples hearts.) Because she was able to use the keyblade for a long amount of time before it disapeared the keyblade had chosen her. Even though Kiri has never Strengthened her power with the keyblade that is her guaranteed Keyblade.

*Kairi

Kairi hasn't been chosen by a Keyblade yet nor is the KoPHs Riku's, it was disassembled after Sora used it. It hasn't been made clear yet where that second Keyblade came from but given the circumstances a popular fan theory is that it's MX's Keyblade with a DE Keychain. That's why everyone was so shocked to see Kairi in 3D's secret ending, none of the other characters considered her an actual wielder even though they saw her wielding. She was just borrowing that other Keyblade.

Grimknight

Hope i'm not too late :p

Sorry if i screwed this up first time actually really posting on a forum other then reading it. But this has only stopped for a few days but um does anyone actually remember that a keyblade is a man made thing. Like a person creates their own keyblade. Like does anyone think about how riku got way to dawn. In KH2 he uses soul eater all the way up until diz's machine breaks. At that time the last of ansem SOD's influence is erased from him. At that time i believe his heart is strong enough for him to actually mold his own keyblade out of soul eater. I mean at the time he was in a bit of turmoil and struggling with the darkness and such. So Maybe when he finally believed he could do it and was strong enough he was. That's how keyblades are made i believe. Out of a strong heart, and such. I mean it isn't attracted to anyone for their personality traits. Just how strong their heart is. If they have the know how then of course they can probably do it, but i digress. Lea has a strong heart for sure. With the help of yen sid and merlin and the fairies probably giving him a little coaching he probably knew the jist of it, and was probably trying to mold a keyblade out of one of his chakrams. I don't think the ceremony is needed at all. It only makes sure the person will get the keyblade when ever they try to summon it if they are worthy of it at the time that is(examples like sora and riku show that) I'm just trying to say maybe there aren't just keyblades floating around waking to pick someone. If there were people like leon or yuffie would have one already. Ya dig? I think they are created from that person's heart and physical material. Unless the ceremony is used. Then your keyblade is summoned to you without the need of physical material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back