• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Leaked Xbox 720 and PS4 Specs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wii.red24

I'm Not too sure if this has been brought up before or not but as most of you may know the Xbox 720 and PS4 are in development right now set to be released to market around sometime next year. The specifications for those consoles have already been leaked online by Many sources such as IGN, UK Xbox gaming magazine Xbox World and numerous websites have reposted the information. The specs go something like this The Xbox 720 will have a whooping 16 core processor and it will use the entry level card from last year the Radeon 6670 GPU which has a MSRP of just under $100. It will also feature 4 gigs of ram and Both Blu-Ray and Win 8 has been rumored as a feature. The specs for the PS4 are a little different they go something like this, for the processor it will use a AMD A8-3850 Quad Core 2.9 GHZ (Per Core) The ram is rumored to be 2GB but devs are wanting to change it to at least 4. The Playstation 4 is rumored to feature a Radeon 7670 1GB GDDR5 for the GPU. Its also heavily rumored the PS4 will maintain Blu Ray and it will not opt out for the new HVD(Holographic Video Disc) format because it would be too expensive to sell and market to consumers, also its rumored backwards compatablity will not be a feature.

Just so u guys know i'm not making this shit up here is a list of sources and websites u can check for yourself.

PS4 Specs LEAKED (Quad-Core 2.9 GHz, Radeon HD GPU, DirectX11, 1GB Dedicated VRAM & GPU) - YouTube

Xbox 720 Will get GPU based on Radeon 6670

Report – IGN sources detail, confirm Sony’s rumored PS4 specs | VG247

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
And they'll still be the poor man's PC. End User License Agreements, DRM and more will become increasingly ridiculous for consoles with the newer generation, and they still won't pick up on any of the PC's greater advantages like modding, customisation, ability to get old/rare games for free.

As far as I see it, the next generation coming along this soon is a bad thing - it makes people eager to work on the visual fidelity of the game usually at the cost of any emotional depth, interesting narrative or overall uniqueness.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
my current comp specs are almost better than the ps4's alleged specs

which would be awkward considering the ps3 is stronger than my computer.

so. figure that shit out.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
The specs on the PS4 aren't exactly good for a next gen console, were all these leaked specs made by Xbox fanboys?

I'm pretty sure Sony aren't that stupid.

wii.red24

And they'll still be the poor man's PC. End User License Agreements, DRM and more will become increasingly ridiculous for consoles with the newer generation, and they still won't pick up on any of the PC's greater advantages like modding, customisation, ability to get old/rare games for free.

As far as I see it, the next generation coming along this soon is a bad thing - it makes people eager to work on the visual fidelity of the game usually at the cost of any emotional depth, interesting narrative or overall uniqueness.

Yeah I agree with you Orion you're Right in my opinion and as you said its just too soon for next gen consoles at the present time the specs may sound good but they would be alot better in 3-4 years but I don't see Microsoft or Sony holding out that long. Consoles will always be one step behind PC.

Originally posted By Celtis-my current comp specs are almost better than the ps4's alleged specs

which would be awkward considering the ps3 is stronger than my computer.

so. figure that shit out.

The PS3 uses a Cell processor and a RSX GPU that has a core clock of 500 MHZ The Alleged specs for the PS4 are a AMD A8-3850 Quad Core 2.9 GHZ and a Radeon 7670 which has a core clock of 1 GHZ thats twice what the PS3 had in GPU power Trust me Celtis the specs for the PS4 are better not by an insane amount but they're better.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Well it's actually not too soon it's more so too late lol.

No in all seriousness though normally looking back at Sony's model I think PS1 released in 1995/1996 or somewhere around that time frame, and then PS2 came to us in 2000, and then 6 years later we got PS3 on average it seems like Generations last for at least 5 to 6 years if not longer, and as of right now we're 6 years into this one, and like many people have said not ready for this to end yet.

Plus like Celtis has said the graphics aren't that big a leap I don't think at least not at first we're going to be able to tell the difference between Assassin's Creed 3 to Killzone 4(Assuming this is a PS4 title). In fact it might be so bad you won't see a difference between most latest PS3 games right before PS4 comes out.

Awards
Meh, as long as they can run something akin to the Unreal Engine 4 I'm cool with it. And I'm not so sure graphics are so much an issue now. There's one thing I keep hearing about these new development kits that companies are making, and that's that they actually help speed up development time and reduce costs.

So I don't think either Microsoft or Sony would mess that up... I dunno about Nintendo >_>

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
PC is still better.

Thank you for that deep, enlightening contribution to the thread.

I'm looking forward to this generation ending. New IP's are exceedingly rare this long into a cycle and even rarer still are they a success. They're far more likely to be embraced by consumers at the start of a new consoles lifespan. Now of course, you PS3 guys have a couple of fantastic exclusives on the way but I'm looking for some real innovation, a AAA-risk.

I honestly can't see the next gen consoles from the two powerhouses having specs that exceed those rumours by much. Manufacturing costs need to be kept low because retail prices need to be kept low, yet the the companies need to make a fair profit. The current gen graphics are extremely dated, and as Luap911 said, if you compare recent games on console against even a mid-range PC it really shows. The lack of any real anti-aliasing alone is an eyesore, let alone everything else.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Here we go again with the graphics shit. SMH

I'm just going to say this once trying to have a graphics battle is what got Sony and Microsoft into trouble in the first place.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
Do you know how many times specs have been supposedly leaked. There's no way the PS4 is coming out as soon as next year. I dunno about the next Xbox though.

Unless they're really stupid, no way Sony is gonna let Nintendo and Microsoft have that much of a jump on them

Shinjuku

Entrapment
It didn't help Microsoft having a 1 year gap ahead of Nintendo now did it, and funny enough looking at the past two generations the person that ended up winning had terrible graphics on their systems. PS2 and Wii even in the handhelds DS.

That's why I say graphics isn't as big an issue as most people make it out to be.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
It didn't help Microsoft having a 1 year gap ahead of Nintendo now did it, and funny enough looking at the past two generations the person that ended up winning had terrible graphics on their systems. PS2 and Wii even in the handhelds DS.

That's why I say graphics isn't as big an issue as most people make it out to be.

The Wii so successful because it appealed to a much broader audience at the time. It was released before facebook gaming (and in turn, mobile/tablet gaming) had established any form on foothold on the casual market and had the appeal of WiiFit/motion controls/family gaming as it's main selling point. Even those who had never dreamed of gaming before were looking at the Wii and thinking, "Wow, that looks great!" and picking one up.

Regarding graphics, I could argue that the people who make the biggest deal over them are the ones who don't believe the current generations need an overhaul. There's absolutely nothing wrong with expecting the next gen systems to have a large graphical jump and looking forward to seeing what specs they have - in fact, for the most part, the only ones who make a huge fuss about it are, as I said, those who think the current gens graphics are fine.

The argument I stumble across most is story over graphics > graphics over story and I'm not disputing that - but is it really so absurd to expect both to be great?

Shinjuku

Entrapment
The Wii so successful because it appealed to a much broader audience at the time. It was released before facebook gaming (and in turn, mobile/tablet gaming) had established any form on foothold on the casual market and had the appeal of WiiFit/motion controls/family gaming as it's main selling point. Even those who had never dreamed of gaming before were looking at the Wii and thinking, "Wow, that looks great!" and picking one up.

Regarding graphics, I could argue that the people who make the biggest deal over them are the ones who don't believe the current generations need an overhaul. There's absolutely nothing wrong with expecting the next gen systems to have a large graphical jump and looking forward to seeing what specs they have - in fact, for the most part, the only ones who make a huge fuss about it are, as I said, those who think the current gens graphics are fine.

The argument I stumble across most is story over graphics > graphics over story and I'm not disputing that - but is it really so absurd to expect both to be great?

You forgot to add that Wii was also more successful because of the price ranges of the other two $600, $500, and $400 respectively (the 600-500 represent PS3 SKU 60GB and 20GB). Vs $250 if I remember correctly.

It's not absurd to expect both to be great, but again we've seen time and again what happens when graphics are you main focal point for a lot of crap. I've played many of games this generation that focused in on that too much and ended up suffering. FFXIII is a prime example of that. Gran Turismo 5 is another as well focusing on too much how a game looks and not enough of the little things that go inside will doom the game itself. Then this argument can be told in vice-versa though. The only problem is I don't think the outrage will be so bad if a game doesn't look like Uncharted 3 or (insert game with best graphics here).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back