• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► LEAKS discussion - ENTER AT OWN RISK

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
You know what I just realized ticks me off about this whole "Kairi can't fight thing"? The idea that Nomura could roll with that, but make her smart--then--to counteract that, and give her some victories that way. Especially since she's the only one who's been going to school still and all.

It's not that hard. And I feel it's classic movie territory, where the hero is never as strong as the villain but they come up with some clever way to win.

Like, look at the two Happy Death Day movies (horror movies about a girl being in a time loop, where she keeps reliving her murder until she can stop her murder). In the first one, the power went out over and over again (and the film made a point of noting this. And I think at some points it even hurt Tree). But at the end of the movie, she's done this SO many times and knows when the power goes out when no one else does. So she's cornered by who's believed to be the Big Bad and he has a gun to her head... but then the power goes out (she was counting on it), and when it's back on, she's behind him with a gun pointed at him and pulls the trigger. Something similar happens in the second movie, when she's fighting the Big Bad in the hospital. She only has a screw to protect herself with, for which he mocks her, but she then turns the MRI on, so he gets sucked to it (because he was wearing metal) and lets the screwdriver go, so it flies at him with enough force to kill him.

It's also things like how Aladdin came up with the clever idea to make Jafar wish he was a Genie, so that he'd be trapped in the lamp.

Or how when Buffy the Vampire Slayer is facing the worst vampire in the world, Angelus (and her former lover), when he tells her, "No weapons, no friends, no hope. Take all that away and what's left?", she's able to catch the sword in her hands he means too kill her with and say, "Me" and slam the hilt of the sword into his face, and get the upper hand again... And I feel like we almost could have had a moment like that in this, but no!

Just... do this kind of thing, Nomura. It would be refreshing and awe-inspiring. But who am I kidding? I know he's not that good a writer. And these days, in his eyes, you're only worth something and can win, if you can smack someone with a Keyblade really hard.

astertide

Awards
Nomura's statement about her being a well-known character basically confirms that she is Skuld.

When did Nomura say that? He said that Nameless Star is a well-known character?? Besides, Skuld doesn't really look like Verum-Rex-Stella, who has brown hair, a star necklace, etc.

Stella's real name is probably "Hoshi" ("star" in Japanese) to match "Yozora" ("night sky" in Japanese) ngl lol

First:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Hide
Quadratum

We finally got a name!

I’m so happy we finally know the name of this world. The only sad thing is, now there’s less of a chance to ever see Neku and Joshua again.

Then again, “Shibuya” isn’t exactly a city so much as is it a ward/district irl, plus there’s that billboard in the Verum Rex ad. Plus, Shibuya could just be a local name, like how the Emperor referred to TLoD as “China” and how Jane had a map of “Africa” while exclaiming that Sora could speak “English” (though this might be the case only on the Int. dub).

I don’t know. I’m still holding out hope that Sora and Neku would meet again someday.

That aside, I love how the name translates to “Square”!

If you look at the start of the Verum Rex trailer, you can see "Shibuya" on a street sign, which means that still probably the name of the District.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
When did Nomura say that? He said that Nameless Star is a well-known character?? Besides, Skuld doesn't really look like Verum-Rex-Stella, who has brown hair, a star necklace, etc.

Stella's real name is probably "Hoshi" ("star" in Japanese) to match "Yozora" ("night sky" in Japanese) ngl lol

If you look at the start of the Verum Rex trailer, you can see "Shibuya" on a street sign, which means that still probably the name of the District.

Lonefox is misinterpreting. Nomura said she was a character we've seen, and the fact that she told Sora that she was pining for Yozora basically confirms she's Not!Stella. Skuld has more-or-less been confirmed to be Subject X by looking at the story, secret reports, and the character filles book that was published described Subject X as having dark hair.

Perkilator

Awards
You can be disappointed with how things turned out, but consider this:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

What I'm angry about, though, is the fact that
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

astertide

Awards
Kairi is still the one fighting Xehanort, even if she's in Sora's body. It might not've been what a lot of people were hoping for, but it's still technically Kairi vs. Xehanort.

Wait, is it really? Did Kairi actually turn into Sora, or a dream version of him? I thought that was actual Sora... sorta... in a real dream? A real illusion? and now what am I even talking about-

... What do we call this Sora? Dream-Kairi-Sora?

We just keep getting new Soras introduced to make up for the fact that we're missing the actual one. Looking at you, Limitcut-Data-Sora-That's-Different-To-The-Actual-Data-Sora-Because-You-Can-Actually-Control-This-Data-Sora.

Cumguardian69

Awards
•Guys just be patient. Kairi technically fought and beat MX, just like Aqua technically fought and defeated the Darksides that came to consume her heart the first time she came to the Realm of Darkness.

•Kairi's time to shine is coming - the seeds have been sown and we are now waiting for the fruit to emerge. Just be patient.

•Kairi choosing to train under Master Aqua shows a level of desire + headstrong PERSONAL DECISION, which is completely in line with her KH1 and KH2 characterization.

•Kairi summoning the KINGDOM KEY also shows how she takes matters into her own hands unlike Sora who needs his friends to act.

•Kairi having a conversation with Riku as equals, as well as her desire to search her own memories willingly further shows how much she cares about Sora and is actually on their level as a Keyblade Wielder and a character.

•By narrating the events of BBS onward, she shows she is as knowledge as Chirithy when it comes to analyzing the annexes of KH history.

•She never gave up against MX and her second wind was in the same vein as Sora vs RikuAnsem in KH1

Perkilator

Awards
[/SPOILER]

What I'm angry about, though, is the fact that
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Continuing on from this:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Has anyone seen anything about the original Disney songs like A Whole New World? Curious to see what those look like.

astertide

Awards
//cries in 100 theories and fanfics becoming non-canon in 20 minutes//

Perkilator

Awards
Has anyone seen anything about the original Disney songs like A Whole New World? Curious to see what those look like.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Idreamaboutcats

Awards

I meant street sign, sorry. :LOL:

KeyToDestiny

Awards
•Guys just be patient. Kairi technically fought and beat MX, just like Aqua technically fought and defeated the Darksides that came to consume her heart the first time she came to the Realm of Darkness.

•Kairi's time to shine is coming - the seeds have been sown and we are now waiting for the fruit to emerge. Just be patient.

•Kairi choosing to train under Master Aqua shows a level of desire + headstrong PERSONAL DECISION, which is completely in line with her KH1 and KH2 characterization.

•Kairi summoning the KINGDOM KEY also shows how she takes matters into her own hands unlike Sora who needs his friends to act.

•Kairi having a conversation with Riku as equals, as well as her desire to search her own memories willingly further shows how much she cares about Sora and is actually on their level as a Keyblade Wielder and a character.

•By narrating the events of BBS onward, she shows she is as knowledge as Chirithy when it comes to analyzing the annexes of KH history.

•She never gave up against MX and her second wind was in the same vein as Sora vs RikuAnsem in KH1
This reads like a parody. Since Xehanort literally toyed with her before trashing and her having Sora take over to literally push Xehanort back. Kairi isn't strong enough. That's just facts. She did not beat Xehanort. That sounds like a coping mechanism from Kairi fans.

Though I'm certain you were just joking around because lol.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Since Xehanort literally toyed with her before trashing and her having Sora take over to literally push Xehanort back. Kairi isn't strong enough. That's just facts. She did not beat Xehanort.
Not true. Rewatch the scene. Kairi proclaims that even if the MX projection wasn't the TRUE Xehanort, she was going to get answers out of him. And that's exactly what she did. Her goal was not to overpower him or bash his skull in. It was to get him talking. Xehanort is a coniving fellow and he has an eye for other clever people. He saw potential in Kairi and that's the proof that Kairi is capable. Unlike in Sora where he says he is dull and unremarkable.

Cumguardian69

Awards
My bad for doubleposting but this is what I really wanted to say:

SE should stop making these tiny KH games that feature 5-10 mins of plot and just make KH movies. Tired of blowing $60 for games like recoded, mom, and even DDD that have backloaded plot scraps

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

NemesisSP

Awards
You know, looking at comments here and elsewhere after watching the story cutscenes of the game and I am kind of confused. Not by anything in the game, actually. Because believe it or not, I never have trouble following Kingdom Hearts craziness, though I do have trouble explaining it and who wouldn't? Nor anything about the gameplay, I think the game does a good job of getting people not used to them into its systems.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I think for a game with a new team, who never worked on this series before and doing it in a year, they made the game they wanted to make and promised to make. A game that celebrated the music of KH while giving us a taste of things to come. And in that way, it succeeded in its endeavor. I found it fun to play, if a little outside my comfort zone with KH, but I expected a game about music and that's what I got.

I understand if some people dislike that this game didn't have some of the things they had hoped for and that it also wasn't the first step in Phase 2 that I wanted. I get it, I do, but I don't feel the same way and I'm not sure it's worth getting upset over. I just kind of suggest that, maybe at this point it needs to be said to temper your expectations a bit and just kind of take things as they are. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but I'd rather that they just complaining about people "not getting" or "Being haters" and other buzzwords. I think that tends to be totally uncalled for. Still, that's just how I see things and I wouldn't be surprised if I get called an apologist, but those things are just what happen.

Katsagu

Awards
Continuing on from this:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yeah this is one of my biggest dissapointments with the game, it still has a ton of songs, but I wish more songs could have been in from KH3.

And I don't even think they would have to demake anything, they would just have to make a pre-rendered video of flying around in "god mode" on the worlds from KH3.

As we see in the game, the backgrounds don't react to anything that happens gameplay wise, they could very well be pre-rendered that the effect would be the exact same.

NoWay

Awards
After reading all the leaks, I’ve watched the cutscenes on YouTube and must say I’m impressed. Kairi wasn’t really that bad..

no she was badass and I really liked how aggressive she was against Xehanort. I’m satisfied with the ending. And maybe we can play some segments of her training with Aqua. But I don’t like the fact that DDD2 may be a Riku only game. I’d really like if it was still the Kairi and Riku game and maybe Kairi and Aqua join Riku in Quadratum.. I really liked how they implemented Yozora’s theme in the end.

Back