• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spoilers ► LEAKS discussion - ENTER AT OWN RISK

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Henryp

Awards
So is all story near the end? Nothing in between?
Seems like only Kairi's narrations are placed before the ending, the actual scenes are at the end.

When can we expect the cutscenes from the Japanese release? This is probably the true plot but part of me thinks the Kairi part is too trolling/dont well explained.

Nukara

Awards
To be fair, the reason everyone assumed that the next game would be a Kairi game was because Nomura said the Re:Mind artwork hinted at the next game, and the only thing that changed about it compared with the KHIII picture was Kairi.

And then this game Kairi baited. There's no way you can deny it didn't, with making her the focal point of the cover and sitting in a throne like Sora, showing us story stuff that all pertained to Kairi, giving us a Kairi medal in KHUX, and Nomura saying how he decided to make this game Kairi's story or whatever (he at least said he realized it was right for her to be the narrator over Chirithy). And coming off of Re:Mind, where Kairi finally did things, I can get why people thought like this. Yes, there were interviews about the story for this game being short (among other things), but that's hardly easily accessible to people.

I didn't think this game would be big for Kairi, because I learned my lesson after III, but I get why others did.

I'm still interested in this game because of the gameplay, as I greatly enjoyed the demo and I love the music in the series (I also knew that the story would be short, so I'm not surprised there). But it does suck that Nomura continues to treat all the girls in this series terribly, and not even just Kairi. But what do I expect at this point, from a man who clearly doesn't know how to write girls and can't be bothered too much to try?
But what about Aqua and Xion they had normal development. 😕

Henryp

Awards
Question: is the power of waking discussed a bit more?

Seems like it is gonna be at least used once in the game. However, we got very little information about how the events actually play out and the dialogues, so we gotta wait to see that particular scene to check if it shines more lights on PoW.

AegisXIII

Awards
Seems like it is gonna be at least used once in the game. However, we got very little information about how the events actually play out and the dialogues, so we gotta wait to see that particular scene to check if it shines more lights on PoW.
Ok. But that's good. It seems that the plot is moving forward. It's not traditional storytelling in the sense that the heros' journey is split accross 13 entries, but they have everything planned, I hope...

Barrett

Awards
Hi, new here but I'm just gonna jump straight into this because... hoo boy, lmao.

Now after reading... whatever all of that was, I feel like I should be disappointed if this really is real and I've definitely been burned out every time Kairi gets hyped up only to get done so dirty later, but I'm practically numb at whatever crap Nomura throws at us at this point.

But besides all that, I guess right now I'm trying to rationalize what we've actually seen VS the leaks shown so far, specifically this thing below:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Henryp

Awards
Hi, new here but I'm just gonna jump straight into this because... hoo boy, lmao.

Now after reading... whatever all of that was, I feel like I should be disappointed if this really is real and I've definitely been burned out every time Kairi gets hyped up only to get done so dirty later, but I'm practically numb at whatever crap Nomura throws at us at this point.

But besides all that, I guess right now I'm trying to rationalize what we've actually seen VS the leaks shown so far, specifically this thing below:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I have the same impression. Like everything adds up to what they have told and what we've seen in the trailers, with the final boss thing there in the middle. Yet somethings we've seen in the trailer haven't been explained by the leaker, like that or the phrase "in the melody of memory is the final plan" or something that appeared on the trailer.

I dont want to be desilusional but... I'm cautious.

Barrett

Awards
I have the same impression. Like everything adds up to what they have told and what we've seen in the trailers, with the final boss thing there in the middle. Yet somethings we've seen in the trailer haven't been explained by the leaker, like that or the phrase "in the melody of memory is the final plan" or something that appeared on the trailer.

I dont want to be desilusional but... I'm cautious.
Yeah, like I know we're not gonna get every single detail leaked by one person and this could all be very well true, but the more I keep thinking about this, the more it definitely feels like we're missing some context that could be really important.

Nukara

Awards
It was a mistake to visit this forum, since the days of KH3 I haven't had so many toxic comments.

Katsagu

Awards
Okay, I slept on it. I accepted it. Strange decisions all around but oh well.

Now I can enjoy the fun game for what it is.

Here is hoping kairi gets a full game's worth of adventures in the future in an actual KH game and not in the rhythm game, I won't expect it, but I would like to pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

AegisXIII

Awards
Okay, based from the tiny details I have been able to gather without spoiling myself, I will ask this trigger question that might backfire on me:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Katsagu

Awards
Okay, based from the tiny details I have been able to gather without spoiling myself, I will ask this trigger question that might backfire on me:
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Barrett

Awards
Here is hoping kairi gets a full game's worth of adventures in the future in an actual KH game and not in the rhythm game, I won't expect it, but I would like to pleasantly surprised.
Based on the ending if Square really wants to surprise us, I could see them...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Henryp

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Telling you without telling you, the content itself isn't that bad. Not even how it ends.

However, there is one thing that feels like trolling Kairi's fans. If it was Nomura's choice, then he either hates Kairi or hates people asking for her to be proactive.

Katsagu

Awards
Telling you without telling you, the content itself isn't that bad. Not even how it ends.

However, there is one thing that feels like trolling Kairi's fans. If it was Nomura's choice, then he either hates Kairi or hates people asking for her to be proactive.

Yeah I had my expectations in check when it came to the ammount of story here. But the decisions surrounding Kairi are the problem. What happens is actually kind of cool and I'm interested in the next games based on what it shows.

Based on the ending if Square really wants to surprise us, I could see them...
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yeah who knows? I'm a sucker for KH, and I would pretty much enjoy any game with these characters. Sending Kairi on an adventure of her own would be the best "training" she could get. It's also time to get away from the trios I believe.

Nukara

Awards
As I read comments like MrFranklin95, I am convinced that people overreact to the story of the boy with the big key.
Of course not to judge, by the most flashy and loud comments, about the KH fandom, as I was convinced not so long ago, is not the right decision, but still.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
It's a literal Disney game for kids. Relax. How embarrassing. Posts like this is why I hardly post here anymore.

How is it embarassing when most people share his frustrations? Disney stories for kids have a level of quality to them that this game's story doesn't even achieve.

Sorry. I was kind of just ranting and having fun with it. My bad I guess :/

Nah, don't be. I resonated with your rant, this game has an awful original story.

Back