• We have brought back Future of KINGDOM HEARTS as our main Kingdom Hearts section. Discuss any projects including Phase 2 developments, the rumored Disney Plus series, all TWEWY-related news, theories about the future of Kingdom Hearts, and any general topics in this section. For anything related to Kingdom Hearts Memory of Melody, please discuss it in the KINGDOM HEARTS Memory of Melody section.
  • Although unrelated to Kingdom Hearts, we are aware that there might be fans of The Last of Us on our forums. We ask that you please keep all spoilers for The Last of Us 2 spoiler-tagged. Any untagged spoilers will result in a temporary ban from the site.

Learning to mod...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

bliz-aza

Awards
Hello,

Recently, I've been thinking about doing a Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix model (MDLX) and animation (MSET) mod but I haven't been able to find any resources / good tutorials on the subject. I have found a couple of tutorials by Xaddgx but it seems that they are targeted at more advanced users with some knowledge since, in his video(s), he does not explain at a beginner level. I've also checked the 13th Vessel for some tutorials, but to no avail.

I was thinking of editing the models + animations in a program such as Blender, as I've seen in demonstration videos by Soraiko but I haven't been able to figure out how to convert it into a suitable format. I think I'm just lacking the tools to be able to open / edit the files to be able to understand it. Once I have the knowledge, I want to create a file repository, similar to CrazyCatz00's 'tools' archive which has common tools for use across the Kingdom Hearts games.

If anyone has any knowledge in this background, I would be grateful if you shared your knowledge with me.

PS: If the 13th Vessel is here, I sent an e-mail addressed to your business e-mail about the issue.

:)