• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lesser known reference to a previous game that I noticed.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
While scouring the misty stream in this game, near monstropolis and the large green vortex that contains the secret gummi boss, I came across these random ship parts floating near some of the debris that litters the lanes between.
for those of you who might not remember, these parts come from the phantom ship in KH 2, which was located in the aptly named phantom storm gummi route. I guess the appearance of these rusty remains implies that this is where one of the giant ships met its demise (likely at the hands of the secret boss) or these were the original pieces from the one fought by Sora and co. back in KH2. So I guess that means the gummi routes and what occurs in them is canon to the series. Let me know what you all think about this, I know im not the first to find this, but I didn't see anyone mentioning it thus far.

okhi12

Awards
I never bothered to do KH2 gummi missions aside from the mandatory missions to unlock the worlds, so I didn't remember the phantom ship from KH2 the first time I played through KH3, even though I saw those remains. But I replayed KH2 and did the gummi missions not long before critical mode was available for KH3 and during my critical walkthrough I immediately saw the resemblance. You're right, it is a cool reference to the gummi missions from KH2 that can be easily missed or overlooked. Little details like this one are amazing.

Last edited:
Back