• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lets Discuss Marluxia (SPOILERS)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Myxlie

Marluxia... Where do I begin?

When I first played Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on the GBA, I thought it was incredibly weird that Marluxia had pink hair and wielded flowers. In my opinion, he should have been a girl, because the Kingdom Hearts series NEEDS more kick-ass girls. Enough with the Mary Sues and damsels in distress!

*ahem* Anyway, I'm getting off topic...

But when CoM was released on the PS2 and Marluxia was given a voice actor, something clilcked in me and I suddenly saw his real personality... He's suave, cunning, and manipulative, but also forceful and powerful when he needs to be. The perfect villain. Now, he's one of my favorite Organization members. I actually LIKE the fact his hair is pink and he weilds FLOWERS.

In conclusion, Marluxia is unique and that's why I enjoy his character in this series.

Guilded.Raven

In all honesty, I read the manga and then played CoM first. So, my idea of Marluxia was exactly what the manga portrayed: a flaming homo.

And when I finaly got Re:CoM last year and began playing it, I went in with that expectation of him.

Then I heard him speak and found out he was actually more like a smooth-talking con-man (not that he was a con-man, but his personality reminded me of one). He was calm and well planned. So, my reaction was like:
o_____O ....... MARLUXIA HAS A SEXY MAN VOICE?!?! WHAT THE HECK?!

And now... He's one of my favorite characters.... -^^-

I actually think this was discussed in another thread somwhere... I don't know where, exactly, but essentially what they said was that he was more like an image of the grim reaper, and that (and I KNOW they were roses, but hear me out...) sakura blossums symbolized death. In a comic I saw, it was also put well by Xigbar that he summons flowers at every turn, has pink hair and wields a pink scythe, but somehow manages to maintain most of his masculinity at the end of the day...

[EDIT]Ah, here they are...
http://psycrowe.deviantart.com/art/Xigbar-Report-01-Intros-3of4-63626272
http://forums.khinsider.com/side-stories/138165-marluxia-s-element.html

Last edited:

Marluxia777

I don't giv a f*** wut those dumbass people say about Marluxia! He's the best kh villain ever and he's not afraid to show a semifeminine side unlike those^ people who think he's gay cuz of it...his scythe is epic, his cause is noble, and he doesn't take any of the shit people say bout him...he kikz ass...juz sayin...(explicit content lol^)

Guilded.Raven

I don't giv a f*** wut those dumbass people say about Marluxia! He's the best kh villain ever and he's not afraid to show a semifeminine side unlike those^ people who think he's gay cuz of it...his scythe is epic, his cause is noble, and he doesn't take any of the shit people say bout him...he kikz ass...juz sayin...(explicit content lol^)

My, aren't we easily excited... lol. I agree.

XIII Nobodies

Urgh... Larxene.

She should have been sexy but her personality was too sadistic for that.

Not to mention her hair style is that of cockroach antennas. I just can't help but picture her as a bug every time I see her now.

As far as Marluxia is concerned, I actually liked him as a character. If anything, I found him to be one of the more unique members of the Organization. I'm quite glad that they made him male. I just couldn't imagine him as a female character. Plus, Larxene is there. Could you imagine how Larxene would be around a female Marluxia?

NeoEevee

I agree. Marluxia being male saved his character from being a cliche if he was actually a she and wielded the element of flowers. Typical and predictable. Now I wouldn't mind if Vexen was a girl, since we don't see female mad scientists everyday.
....no. Vexen looks enough like Integra Hellsing, without being a woman, to be sort of frightening. Now, on the other hand, if we genderbent Axel...

:36:

*runs from the rabid AkuRoku shippers*

Malevolence

Raw Life
not gonna lie but, the petals and pink shit I think made Marluxia look like to be tough and mysterious.

I deff wouldn't refer to him as a homo

Beyer

Marluxia is by far my favorite KH Character, once upon a time I tossed up with Zexion and Marluxia but Marluxia won :)
I simply love him. The scythe, the flowers, the personality, the whole thing about him symbolizing death, the grim reaper etc. And don't forget the grace, ahh the grace.
If I do not see Marluxia's somebody (who I call Lumaria, a scientific name of a flower) in SOME game in the KH series, I will not take it very well, not well at all...:tongue:

Overall, Marluxia is simply amazing.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think his voice actor was incredible in Re Chain of Memories. The only good voices in Re Chain of Memories were the Org members, Sora and Riku.

*~BlackCat~*

I think Marluxia is awesome
though when i first got CoM for the GBA i thought he was a girl :p but i was like 7 or 8 at the time
i like his scythe and i think it takes guts wear pink and have flower power

Axens

Banned
Marluxia is very unique. His weapon of choice is very awesome as well. The scythe is a very powerful and wide range weapon and his badassness to challenge the Organization was well liked imo. I wonder what would have happened had he got Sora under his control?

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
I understand that tons of people make fun of him, but who else here thinks he is cool? He has the best boss themes in the series in my opinion but I just wanted to start a thread to discuss him in any way we want. I just wish they wouldn't have given him such a crappy pallette though. (sigh)

Personally, found him one of the best members. Best boss themes, his last form is amazing, and the way he twists things in his favor is very cool.

Guilded.Raven

I think his voice actor was incredible in Re Chain of Memories. The only good voices in Re Chain of Memories were the Org members, Sora and Riku.

His voice actor was the whole reason I began to reconsider his character! It was perfect!

But on a less serious note, the voice actor was the same voice actor for Bloo from Foster's Home. I had to do this project for Computer Apps. last year and in looking up images for the Org., I found an article about them on Wikipedia and... Well, I was bored and curious, so I looked up some other things Marly's VA had been in... It was wierd... Keith Ferguson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
I think he's awesome. And hot, and cute. hehe. I'm kinda obsessed. lol.

And i agree, the sycth is awesome.

LowCaloriePie

I personally thought that Marluxia made a much better villain than Xemnas. Even though his plan was poorly-planned beyond belief but he seemed much more intimidating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back