• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lets discuss this "inexperience"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
it's not that hard to comprehend.....anyways....sora doesn't need to be a keyblade master or have the same abbilities as TAV to be as equally as powerful

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
No it is, because you come out of nowhere and call me shallow for no fucking reason. At least explain yourself.

Allister Rose

French Lover
No it is, because you come out of nowhere and call me shallow for no fcuking reason. At least explain yourself.

my comment to you is based on previous comments. is it seriosuly to hard for you to understand? if it is...well idk what to say to that.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
if it is...well idk what to say to that.

How about nothing? Your first comment was unnecessary anyway. Fuck it i'm not even going to do this with you.

Anyway, as I was saying before. I really dont think that fighting each other with sticks when you are like 14 is going to make you experienced in handling a REAL weapon like a keyblade. Its like me LARPing DBZ for 5 years and then going into a real fight. Would that automatically make me the best fighter in the world?

tenchi ryu

He fucking hit other kids with little sticks. That isn't swordsplay.

Sora is nowhere near being a keyblade master. TAV trained under an ACTUAL master, and Terra and Aqua have been there for a very long time. They were taught how to properly wield and handle the keyblade. Sora just got it and started hitting stuff with it.
But Sora and the kids weren't just "hitting" each other.....Riku was a freakin acrobat with his flips and swings......Selphie might not be serious, but Tidus and Wakka weren't just playing as kids, tidus clearly had a intermediate sword swing, and wakka was jumping in the air throwing a ball like a DBZ energy attack, these little kids aren't just "hitting" each other

Allister Rose

French Lover
Anyway, as I was saying before. I really dont think that fighting each other with sticks when you are like 14 is going to make you experienced in handling a REAL weapon like a keyblade. Its like me LARPing DBZ for 5 years and then going into a real fight. Would that automatically make me the best fighter in the world?

you obviously haven't played aqua's scenario yet...

Dowhax

Bronze Member
He fcuking hit other kids with little sticks. That isn't swordsplay.

Sora is nowhere near being a keyblade master. TAV trained under an ACTUAL master, and Terra and Aqua have been there for a very long time. They were taught how to properly wield and handle the keyblade. Sora just got it and started hitting stuff with it.

I think your referring to the scenes where Roxas swings a stick hoping the keyblade will be in his hands, which he then tosses the stick behind him, accidently hitting Rikunort. And then the scene where Rikunort purposely trips Roxas with the same stick, making him hit the ground on his face.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
I kinda agree with Allister Rose about sora fighting for his friends,not so that he wants to become a keyblade master, heck...all he cares about is sitting with Riku and Kairi on that damned tree in destiny island for the rest of his life....watching the sunset

also,sora is years behind terra and aqua,he is much younger....sora being the main character,and nomura planning another saga,i dont think they'll make him a god-like keyblade master until the end of the series (if they want to) because if they do it right now,all his future battles would be a cake walk

Dowhax

Bronze Member
I kinda agree with Allister Rose about sora fighting for his friends,not so that he wants to become a keyblade master, heck...all he cares about is sitting with Riku and Kairi on that damned tree in destiny island for the rest of his life....watching the sunset

also,sora is years behind terra and aqua,he is much younger....sora being the main character,and nomura planning another saga,i dont think they'll make him a god-like keyblade master until the end of the series (if they want to) because if they do it right now,all his future battles would be a cake walk

Unless you have to restart like in COM or something.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Unless you have to restart like in COM or something.
well that's only if he loses his memories, and that was only to make sora's to start at lv 1 canon. but in COM you start off at lv 1 anyways..

still....i want sora to stay the strong yet defeatable hero with friends to back him up

Allister Rose

French Lover
I want that too. the story would suck if he was this almighty keyblade wielder. And my favorite part of KH is about friends, and gotta protect them. Thats like my favorite theme of the series.

now that's what i loved about sora in kh1-khCOM, he was easily decieved in some areas but when he was down, his friends backed him up and he was able to stand on his own. (that was basically the whole theme in kh1. the "my friends are my power") in kh2 some of them felt staged....

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
also,sora is years behind terra and aqua,he is much younger....

Age is irrelevant. What matters is the experience you've gained.

sora being the main character,and nomura planning another saga,i dont think they'll make him a god-like keyblade master until the end of the series (if they want to) because if they do it right now,all his future battles would be a cake walk

Or at least until the end of the Xehanort saga, even though he's pretty much already the KH equivalent of Jesus.

well that's only if he loses his memories, and that was only to make sora's to start at lv 1 canon. but in COM you start off at lv 1 anyways..

still....i want sora to stay the strong yet defeatable hero with friends to back him up

Agreed.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Late response is late.

I was actually asking about the Memory's Skyscraper battle in KH2. I know full well that KH1FM battle was a test.

I know, I was saying how I believe only the first one to be a test, while the second one was real.

Are you trying to tell me that
Spoiler Spoiler Show
doesn't look like defeat? (Let's ignore the fact that LS didn't bother trying to regain his body since it was never explained why)

Error on my part, I for some reason thought
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Probably LS's lack of an attempt to try and regain his body is what threw me off, but I suppose it's because LS is more of a manifestation of Terra thoughts/emotions instead of Terra himself, since Terr and Master Xehanort are still within Xehanort. I still standing on the Vanitas bit, however.

Because they fought him at different points in the story. It's normal for people to gain better skills along the way.

True.

That armor does nothing but protect them from the darkness, and also serve as extra physical protection, like armor normally does.

Yep. This however has nothing to do with the initial point I was trying to make, as this portion has been straying from my original point as the posts went on.

The Lingering Sentiment's journal entry in KH2FM clearly states that its mastery over the Keyblade far exceeds that of Sora's.

Sacred X said:
3. It's true TAV have better mastery over the Keyblade than Sora;

Again, I've been saying that from the beginning. I was arguing more about the overall power compared to TAV instead of mastery over the keyblade. Mastery over the keyblade does affect power, but it's not the only factor. For example, Sora's particularly strong/special heart is one factor that's helped him out over the games.

Xenin

Banned
Alright I know no ones gonna agree with me but: In all the KH games Sora pretty much battled all his hard enemies on his own! Riku..everytime. More then half of the Ansem SoD fight. Almost Xemnas..I know Riku helped..But Aqua helped Ven with Vanitas. The athousand heartless thing was all Sora. Even though the gameplay. Canon wise he did it. He even fought threw heartless with a toy sword at one point! So how did he exactly have alot of help? Even in alot of cut scenes Donald and Goofy didn;t help a whole lot. In fact CoM was all Sora! With power from his friends *Cough* D-Link in card form*cough*..Stop saying Sora had a whole bunch of help..he did on small thing's but..that's all.

One more thing...TAV got lost in darkness...all of them. If Terra had a friend there( by kh logic) they coulda stopped his heart from being conquered in the beggining. Ven needed a friend or his heart would wondered for ever. Aqua coulda been saved from falling in had a friend helped her a Kairi did for Sora...

Allister Rose

French Lover
Alright I know no ones gonna agree with me but: In all the KH games Sora pretty much battled all his hard enemies on his own! Riku..everytime. More then half of the Ansem SoD fight. Almost Xemnas..I know Riku helped..But Aqua helped Ven with Vanitas. The athousand heartless thing was all Sora. Even though the gameplay. Canon wise he did it. He even fought threw heartless with a toy sword at one point! So how did he exactly have alot of help? Even in alot of cut scenes Donald and Goofy didn;t help a whole lot. In fact CoM was all Sora! With power from his friends *Cough* D-Link in card form*cough*..Stop saying Sora had a whole bunch of help..he did on small thing's but..that's all.

they were more as summons than dlink.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

1. Riku... wrong! Donald and Goofy helped him remember?
2. AnsemSoD = No, that was mostly Donald and Goofy. Sora only fought alone when he had to fight Guardian round 2 and Darkside. Everything else was Donald and Goofy.
3. Not just Riku. You also had Donald, Goofy and Mickey there as well :/
4. Meh, I don't think it's really canon that he fought them fully alone since the original trailers showed him with Donald and Goofy :/
5. Yes, he fought Heartless with a toy sword... AND FAILED. And who was with him? The Beast. Heck, Sora couldn't do anything at that point, you had to run away.
6. COM was NOT all Sora, it was mostly Donald and Goofy. The *Card thing* is just a gameplay gimmick with no real relevance to the plot. Remember when he battled Riku? He was about to be killed until Namine saved him. Then immediately after that, Larxene comes in and is about to kill them all until Donald and Goofy come to the rescue. He was only really alone during the Destiny Islands bit.
7. He had help on 90% of the games, man. Traverse Town, who did he have? Donald and Goofy. What about the times when he fought before meeting Donald and Goofy? He FAILED at the fights. Wonderland, Deep Jungle, Olympus Coliseum, Agrabah, Halloween Town, etc. 95% of all the worlds had Donald and Goofy with him. Saying otherwise is complete and utter bullcrap!

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Alright I know no ones gonna agree with me but: In all the KH games Sora pretty much battled all his hard enemies on his own!

Yeah, except not. Almost every boss battle he had, there was someone else there to help him. The only times I can count that he DIDN'T have help and still defeated were;
Darkside (everytime)
Rikunort
Ansem SoD (twice; second and third fight against him only)
Larxene (one fight only)
Repliku (one fight only)
Vexen (one fight only)
Marluxia (all fights)
Jafar (KH2 fight only)
Roxas (KH2 only)
Luxord
Xemnas (first fight only)

That may seem like a long list, until you see how much longer the list of bosses he defeated WITH help or didn't defeat at all is:
Guard Armor (all fights)
Trickmaster
Cerberus
Clayton/Heartless thingy
Opposite Armor
Jafar (three times; KH1 and CoM only)
Hades (all fights)
Both Monstro bosses
Ursula (all fights)
Oogie Boogie (all fights)
Captain Hook
Riku (KH1; Hollow Bastion)
Maleficent (all fights)
Ansem SoD (first and last fight)
Larxene (all but one fight)
Axel (all fights)
Vexen (all but one fight)
Repliku (all but one fight)
Shan Yu
First two Beast's Castle fights
Cerberus
Barbossa
First Agrabah bosses
Pete
Scar
Hostile Program
Demyx
Riku (fought at Land of Dragons, didn't defeat him)
Dragon boss from Mulan's world
Xaldin
Boss thing of Luxord's at Port Royal
Doctor's Experiment
Second Pride Lands boss
MCP
Xigbar
Saix
Xemnas (all but one fight)

He had more help than you think.

Riku..everytime.

One fight. OMG, HE'S AMAZING HOW DOES HE DO IT?!

More then half of the Ansem SoD fight.

Less, actually. After the second Ansem SoD fight (the one after Darkside), Sora doesn't fight the actual Ansem SoD when he's going through the steps of releasing Donald and Goofy (odd how you can't defeat Ansem SoD and THEN release Donald and Goofy; wouldn't releasing them be easier if the guy imprisoning them is defeated?), he's merely destroying the parts of the ship that'll release his friends and make Ansem SoD beatable again. He even had help releasing Donald! Really, Sora only did half of the Ansem SoD fight.

Almost Xemnas..I know Riku helped..

Oh, yes he did. Sora would have lost if Riku wasn't there.

But Aqua helped Ven with Vanitas.

Yeah, AFTER Ven succeeded in defeating Vanitas twice beforehand. Aqua's only job was to defeat them as one, because Ven was no longer around to do so, due to his victory.

The athousand heartless thing was all Sora.

Not quite. We see Donald and Goofy ready to go, and it's implied they also fought a ton of Heartless separately, just not alongside Sora. Sora only defeated 1,000, when there a lot more than that, which Donald and Goofy took care of.

Even though the gameplay. Canon wise he did it. He even fought threw heartless with a toy sword at one point!

Wow, 1hp damage per hit. That's strong!
He had Beast with him at that time, and Beast did most of the fighting.

So how did he exactly have alot of help? Even in alot of cut scenes Donald and Goofy didn;t help a whole lot.

See my answer to your first part.

In fact CoM was all Sora! With power from his friends *Cough* D-Link in card form*cough*

Even Sora admitted it was tough without Donald and Goofy to help him, in CoM. When you go through the first door after entering Traverse Town, you get a scene where the first thing Sora says is something along the lines of, "It's a lot harder fighting on my own". Gameplay-wise, it might be easy to do without them. But canon-wise, Sora has trouble fighting alone.

..Stop saying Sora had a whole bunch of help..he did on small thing's but..that's all.

Stop exaggerating his victories first.

One more thing...TAV got lost in darkness...all of them. If Terra had a friend there( by kh logic) they coulda stopped his heart from being conquered in the beggining. Ven needed a friend or his heart would wondered for ever. Aqua coulda been saved from falling in had a friend helped her a Kairi did for Sora...

Hey, you finally made a good point! I actually agree with you, to a point. But it was more that they needed to trust each other. It wasn't Aqua's or Ven's fault Terra was conquered by the darkness, it was his own for not trusting them enough to realize that Aqua and Eraqus had been right all along, something he didn't accept until the end, when it was too late.
Ven had Sora, who wasn't even a friend until then. It was the Light that helped him and led him to a heart that could help. Aqua and Terra, had they known him then, wouldn't have been able to do that themselves.
Aqua fell for the sake of her friends; she sacrificed her freedom in order to save Terra from being lost himself. Terra only survived because he had a friend then.
Though, I would like to point out that, until TAV finally grouped together at the end of the game, they each were able to defeat every boss they came across on their own. Once they were all together, they lost against their final opponents. Kind of ironic.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Nomura has said that TAV are what it feels like to be playing as "true Keyblade masters"--as in not what we've been accostumed to so far (Sora).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back