• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Let's talk about positives of Days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Playing as Organization members was the best part. I wish they built the game around that more, it was cool trying out the different weapons. Also the room where they're chilling and you could go and talk to them was great.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Riku. That's a good thing in days.
There were also one or two tracks in the game I really liked.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Playing as Organization members was the best part. I wish they built the game around that more, it was cool trying out the different weapons. Also the room where they're chilling and you could go and talk to them was great.

Yeah, it served as a really nice setting for a hub world instead of just a series of menus or something.

Caxinuld

Awards
Mission Mode was the highlight of the entire game. I liked playing as every character and Lexaeus was my favourite because of his high strength.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Meh. I wanted to like this feature, but it was so poorly used and devoid of content...
They could've done so much more in developing some Organization members and the way they interact with each other. None of the bits in Days helps you understand more about Luxord or Xaldin, just to pick two.
Let's say they could've skip a couple of the nearly identical "Axel Roxas and Xion look at the sunset" moments to actually show us someone else.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Sadly it also showed how the focus of "Roxas' time with the Orga" was switched during development. There are some Orga members you can't properly play as without permanently dying. It was really annoying sadly, but I liked the idea.

Muke

whatever
Awards
VoidGear. said:
Sadly it also showed how the focus of "Roxas' time with the Orga" was switched during development

idk, to me the whole game felt like

"This is this character."
"Oh, he's also in the game."
"Sea-Salt Ice Cream Cutscene #0000031"
"Some stuff"
"Xion's complexes"
"Sea-Salt Ice Cream Cutscene #6482340"
"Roxas' complexes"
"Lea vs Isa"
"Xemnas sitting"
"Xion's complexes"
"Sea-Salt Ice Cream Cutscene #8788927"
"Xion's Death"
"Roxas' super complexes"
"End"

So playing as ORG Members wasn't really fascinating or anything..

Cactuar

I can't speak to Days' mechanics or gameplay since I haven't played the game since it first came out and don't remember much but I really appreciated that the game allowed us to learn about Roxas' days (hur hur) in the organization.

In KH2 all we got to that extent was that Roxas was found by Xemnas, joined the organization, became best friends with Axel, then left. The reason why he left was explained by the fact that "He wanted to meet Sora" or something like that but how he came to that way of thinking wasn't explained.

So to see Roxas gain a sense of self, develop relationships, learn to question things, and to not simply accept all of the crap that the organization was pulling on him and just in general is something that I don't think Days gets enough credit for...

I also really like Roxas so I may be slightly biased...

Hirokey123

Awards
Meh. I wanted to like this feature, but it was so poorly used and devoid of content...
They could've done so much more in developing some Organization members and the way they interact with each other. None of the bits in Days helps you understand more about Luxord or Xaldin, just to pick two.
Let's say they could've skip a couple of the nearly identical "Axel Roxas and Xion look at the sunset" moments to actually show us someone else.

I seriously disagree with this I think you need to replay the game if you think that.

Wh
at did we know about Xaldin beforehand? He was a gruff british guy who creeped on the Beast and was apparently very strong. But through Days we learned his mind set he is constantly training, constantly working, he values strength and despises emotions. If you really listen you realize in his own way Xaldin is trying to care for and help raise Roxas. He's concerned/constantly checking Roxas's progress as a fighter, tries to teach him about ways enemies would attack places like the castle so he would be ready to defend from them/intercept them,and rewards him for his efforts. His lessons are designed to keep Roxas from focusing on emotions, instead he wants Roxas to focus on the practicality side. The long story short is Days actually makes it very obvious that Xaldin's role as Dilan was a guard in Radiant Garden before BBS ever came around.

We
also got brief look that revealed he has some culture to him when it comes to art and that despite being a founding member he's of a lower rank not privy to secret projects the Organization performs. Even more so we learn quite a bit about his plot with Beast. We learned how he first discovered the rose and figured out it's value but more importantly we learned about how he came to value Belle. When he first learned of Belle he didn't think of much her, he assumed she was a prisoner, it was Roxas who kept bringing her back up a pointing out that she clearly was important. This lead to him monitoring them and discovering the two were in love which would sow the seeds for his future plans. Days also deepened his obsession with the Beast to an even more creepy level since we saw he was willing to disobey organization protocol just to start planting seeds of rage and doubt in him...

When you look
at everything he says as a whole you can also surmise there is some clear subtext, what exactly that subtext is up for debate but they give you a lot to theorize on. For example you could speculate from all this that Dilan may have had his heart broken and that's why he has no faith or value in love. Or on the other hand maybe he was always a hard hearted person, maybe his obsession with being strong is what lead him to hating anything that could lead to weakness thus his view on emotions. Both are two very valid interpretations and there are all kinds more you can make. I think that's what I liked the most about Days, the subtly in its storytelling, the way it provides pieces but doesn't give you an answer and instead sort of lets you craft the narrative you want.

Luxord would t
ake even more detail but I think in the end every single organization member who played a big role in the game got a lot of development. It came in bits and pieces and sometimes you really needed to pay attention to see the threads that connected, which could be difficult because of the way the mission were broke up at times. But Days gave a very good picture of Luxord, axel, Saix, Xaldin, Xion, Roxas, Xigbar, and Demyx. The only ones who were lacking were Xemnas which is because he is more of a mystery spanning several games such as BBS, DDD, etc.... and the CoM members. Even then I'd say for the limited screen time available each CoM did get a nice little piece to their story. With some fun potential subtext like how Demyx and Larxene are implied to have some sort of relationship, be it Larxene being some sort of daily bully to him or something more they both expressed a real hate for one another.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I seriously disagree with this I think you need to replay the game if you think that.

Wh
at did we know about Xaldin beforehand? He was a gruff british guy who creeped on the Beast and was apparently very strong. But through Days we learned his mind set he is constantly training, constantly working, he values strength and despises emotions. If you really listen you realize in his own way Xaldin is trying to care for and help raise Roxas. He's concerned/constantly checking Roxas's progress as a fighter, tries to teach him about ways enemies would attack places like the castle so he would be ready to defend from them/intercept them,and rewards him for his efforts. His lessons are designed to keep Roxas from focusing on emotions, instead he wants Roxas to focus on the practicality side. The long story short is Days actually makes it very obvious that Xaldin's role as Dilan was a guard in Radiant Garden before BBS ever came around.

We
also got brief look that revealed he has some culture to him when it comes to art and that despite being a founding member he's of a lower rank not privy to secret projects the Organization performs. Even more so we learn quite a bit about his plot with Beast. We learned how he first discovered the rose and figured out it's value but more importantly we learned about how he came to value Belle. When he first learned of Belle he didn't think of much her, he assumed she was a prisoner, it was Roxas who kept bringing her back up a pointing out that she clearly was important. This lead to him monitoring them and discovering the two were in love which would sow the seeds for his future plans. Days also deepened his obsession with the Beast to an even more creepy level since we saw he was willing to disobey organization protocol just to start planting seeds of rage and doubt in him...

When you look
at everything he says as a whole you can also surmise there is some clear subtext, what exactly that subtext is up for debate but they give you a lot to theorize on. For example you could speculate from all this that Dilan may have had his heart broken and that's why he has no faith or value in love. Or on the other hand maybe he was always a hard hearted person, maybe his obsession with being strong is what lead him to hating anything that could lead to weakness thus his view on emotions. Both are two very valid interpretations and there are all kinds more you can make. I think that's what I liked the most about Days, the subtly in its storytelling, the way it provides pieces but doesn't give you an answer and instead sort of lets you craft the narrative you want.

Luxord would t
ake even more detail but I think in the end every single organization member who played a big role in the game got a lot of development. It came in bits and pieces and sometimes you really needed to pay attention to see the threads that connected, which could be difficult because of the way the mission were broke up at times. But Days gave a very good picture of Luxord, axel, Saix, Xaldin, Xion, Roxas, Xigbar, and Demyx. The only ones who were lacking were Xemnas which is because he is more of a mystery spanning several games such as BBS, DDD, etc.... and the CoM members. Even then I'd say for the limited screen time available each CoM did get a nice little piece to their story. With some fun potential subtext like how Demyx and Larxene are implied to have some sort of relationship, be it Larxene being some sort of daily bully to him or something more they both expressed a real hate for one another.

I have to disagree and have to say I feel like I learned all this in the manga maybe, but in the game, it was just...some little forced details buried under 958439/3 sunsets and ice cream. :(

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Woah, a little quick on the draw there, eh ace?
Anyway, I replayed it enough times already.
Last time was actually three days ago, even.

Uhh... what? No.
First of all, I think you're reading way too much into Xaldin's retorts to Roxas. Xaldin is, simply enough, a warrior: he values strenght and not emotion. Period.
And you can get ALL of that through KH II: he tells the Beast to be stronger and focus only on anger (simply becasue anger is what would've made the Beast his puppet, nothing else).
And... yeah, that's it. Nothing else is said on Xaldin. Do we know HOW he became such a warrior? What happened that made him think like this? Why did he agreed on turning into a Nobody? These are actual questions Days could've answered, instead of rehearsing the same old things KH II already showed.
Xaldin in Days: zero or close to zero development. Even after replaying the game.

That's... not developement. That's just simply stating that he started doing what he later would've carried on in KH II.
He thought Belle was a prisoner? Ok, and...? How is that something to learn about Xaldin. Those are facts. And again, things KH II already tells you, if you are awake enough to grasp them.
I don't see all of this creepiness, considering him going out of his way to control the Beast was ultimately good for the Organization, and it was obviously just a strenght-centerd guy finding a strenght-related puppet.

When you look

See, you're kinda proving my point here, only twisting facts. Days is not giving "things to theorize on", it's giving you so little that it FORCES you to theorize.
Why should I create my own fanfiction where I describe Dilan's past? The game should do that for me. It's kind of an important thing for a character, is like not having Xehanort's reports and being forced to speculate why he started doing what he did. I wouldn't have praised BbS over that, it would've been a total flaw.

Luxord would t

I payed every attention. I've read everything. Every dialogue. Every report. Every new bit from the 1.5 remix. Axel, Saix, Roxas, Xion, fine: but everyone else? Nothing.
Nothing at all, except some random fluff.
Demyx thought Larxene was a bully? Every KH fangirl was already writing on that years prior to Days, I guarantee you.
Motifs. Purposes. Secrets. Weaknesses. Strong points. So much could've been said, almost nothing was.
How did the other members struggled in their first days as nobodies. How did they joined the Organization and why. Do they have any regrets? What do they think of Xemnas? Are they aware of being evil, or they think they're justified?

All of these questions were replaced by: "Hey Roxas, blah blah blah gather hearts quickly blah blah blah chek out Mission 48"
You tell me this is smart handling of characters... sorry, not buying it.

Last edited:

Precursor Mar

As much as I love bending Days over the loveseat and spanking it like it stole something, the combat is actually pretty good. Better than BBS, even (choke on it, Osaka fanboys).

Shitty panel system and bad controls aside, attacks are fast and fluid, combos change depending on the keychain you have equipped and pressing buttons prompts at specific times result in different finishers. It's pretty much a clunkier version of KH2.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As much as I love bending Days over the loveseat and spanking it like it stole something, the combat is actually pretty good. Better than BBS, even (choke on it, Osaka fanboys).

Shitty panel system and bad controls aside, attacks are fast and fluid, combos change depending on the keychain you have equipped and pressing buttons prompts and specific times result in different finishers. It's pretty much a clunkier version of KH2.

Let's not make this a h.a.n.d. vs Osaka war lol it's okay to like something without hating on something else xD

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I enjoyed the bad jokes. I live for bad jokes.

Hirokey123

Awards
First it seem just a tad hypocritical to claim "You're looking too deeply into what they say in this game" and then turn around and say "well in previous games if you paid attention/looked more deeply x-was obvious/known". Next I had this big long post type out by I don't want to start a fight I will just highlight a few things....

I payed every attention. I've read everything. Every dialogue. Every report. Every new bit from the 1.5 remix.
Nothing else is said on Xaldin
Why did he agreed on turning into a Nobody? These are actual questions Days could've answered, instead of rehearsing the same old things KH II already showed.

From the Xaldin report:

Watching that foolish beast flail about only depends my disdain for humans and their incessant need to be pinned down by feelings. We became nobodies precisely to avoid the shackles of emotion. It was only later that we realized the scale of that loss: that some things simply cannot be done without a heart. Nonetheless, I see nary a pleasant thing about it.

So you proved my point.

Now if were to be honest here the only thing "important" story/character wise about him was that he was an apprentice to ansem the wise, why he shed his heart, his relationship with Roxas, and who he is as a person. We know all of that now, EVERYTHING else beyond this is fluff the only thing that determines what else is important is your personal preference/desire. I also legitimately can't believe you're trying to say Luxord got nothing. What did we know prior to Days? He made two gambling metaphors about Sora and axel, he seemed polite, he was hurt by Roxas/Sora killing him, and he knows some pirate lingo. Days is what made Luxord into a character, we didn't get his history but we got "him" which included his actual personality, his views on his life/situation, and his various roles self imposed or otherwise.

This is all just one big game to him that he wants to see how it ends. He's not one to fret small things and believes you should take a break every now and then to enjoy life, or else what is the point. He knows to survive he needs to adapt the the rules of the "house"and enjoys a bit of excitement. He believes in jumping at windows of opportunity and that understanding people is matter of outwitting them in the give and take. He is curious by nature and believes curiosity is an essential part of carving a path through life, but when taken too far will get you killed. He's patient and passionate but warns of overeagerness. When things get particularly heavy or charged he gets excited to watch how it all plays out. He believes one's own fate is carved not by the cards dealt but by the actions you take. His is aware his purpose in the organization is to be a pawn, embraces and views that role as a necessity of the game they are playing, but laments that it leaves him out of the loop on the big stuff. His envious of children because they don't have as much to lose in this game and a lot more to gain than someone who has lived a long time. Finally we know he took a real mentor role to Roxas who did genuinely care for him, and he ran a poker league in the organization.

This isn't even me reading in I literally just summarized everything he said or was said about him in the game.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I like the cover. Pretty Nomura art. Also the final battle theme is nice.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The cover is pretty neat. I used that as my home screen for a while.
As for the OST, I really love Fight and Away.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
b3e4913605efaa5cf0e85cf2f5ea7ea9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back