• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Let's talk about positives of Days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hirokey123

Awards
b3e4913605efaa5cf0e85cf2f5ea7ea9.jpg
I cry myself to sleep every night knowing this was left out of the movie.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
First it seem just a tad hypocritical to claim "You're looking too deeply into what they say in this game" and then turn around and say "well in previous games if you paid attention/looked more deeply x-was obvious/known". Next I had this big long post type out by I don't want to start a fight I will just highlight a few things....

Obviously I meant "important" stuff.
Forgive me, but all that talk about Xaldin shaping Roxas and such... I honestly think he was just being the rude guy he is. Which doesn't mean you can't think of it another way, but it's really subjective and open to interpretation. While, for instance, his obsession over the Beast was obvious and explicit already in KH II, and didn't need further development.

I payed every attention. I've read everything. Every dialogue. Every report. Every new bit from the 1.5 remix.
Nothing else is said on Xaldin
Why did he agreed on turning into a Nobody? These are actual questions Days could've answered, instead of rehearsing the same old things KH II already showed.

From the Xaldin report:

Watching that foolish beast flail about only depends my disdain for humans and their incessant need to be pinned down by feelings. We became nobodies precisely to avoid the shackles of emotion. It was only later that we realized the scale of that loss: that some things simply cannot be done without a heart. Nonetheless, I see nary a pleasant thing about it.

So you proved my point.

I don't really see how. This just states Xaldin's disdain over power and his interest towards Beast, again already perfectly evident in KH II.
I will give to them one thing: this phrasing makes it seem that they're expanding over Xaldin, but let's examine what exactly are saying.
"We became nobodies precisely to avoid the shackles of emotion." = We already knew Xaldin is against emotions. Obviously it's easy to make him say something like that. But I still don't know WHY he wanted to get rid of them.
"It was only later that we realized the scale of that loss: that some things simply cannot be done without a heart." = Despite all of that, Xaldin in KH II was helping Xemnas in order to achieve a heart, meaning he regretted something. Once again, something we already knew and once again, why did Xaldin realized he needed a heart was not covered.

So yeah. Days team was clever in doing this, but they didn't fool me.

Now if were to be honest here the only thing "important" story/character wise about him was that he was an apprentice to ansem the wise, why he shed his heart, his relationship with Roxas, and who he is as a person. We know all of that now, EVERYTHING else beyond this is fluff the only thing that determines what else is important is your personal preference/desire. I also legitimately can't believe you're trying to say Luxord got nothing. What did we know prior to Days? He made two gambling metaphors about Sora and axel, he seemed polite, he was hurt by Roxas/Sora killing him, and he knows some pirate lingo. Days is what made Luxord into a character, we didn't get his history but we got "him" which included his actual personality, his views on his life/situation, and his various roles self imposed or otherwise.

Again, not really. I, as well as anyone who played KH II, could very well see that luxord was a gambler: adding a copule of texbox with gambling metaphor is sure nice, but ultimately adds close to nothing to what I knew of the character.
I know and acknowledge you did wrote down only things stated in the game: but understand me... you used a lot of words, but you kept saying the same things: Luxord's a gambler, he hates being left out of things like every living being ever. Period.
And it wasn't your fault, but the game's.

Days brings jokes and tries to colour the Nobodies a little more. It's perfectly legit to like these: it's perfectly legit to read more into it (although it's something subjective so not really a proof: but I, as a fellow fan and fanwriter, think being able to construct all of that like you did is actually praiseworthy).
I will concede that expanding on some of them wasn't the main goal of this game, I will concede maybe some characters were meant to be left in the dark.
But my point still stands:
it didn't develop any of these characters. It added more flavour to what we already knew. Xaldin is still a poorly developed character, everything about Luxord or Larxene 'cept that one personality trait is still obscure.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Obviously I meant "important" stuff.
Forgive me, but all that talk about Xaldin shaping Roxas and such... I honestly think he was just being the rude guy he is. Which doesn't mean you can't think of it another way, but it's really subjective and open to interpretation. While, for instance, his obsession over the Beast was obvious and explicit already in KH II, and didn't need further development.

I don't really see how. This just states Xaldin's disdain over power and his interest towards Beast, again already perfectly evident in KH II.
I will give to them one thing: this phrasing makes it seem that they're expanding over Xaldin, but let's examine what exactly are saying.
"We became nobodies precisely to avoid the shackles of emotion." = We already knew Xaldin is against emotions. Obviously it's easy to make him say something like that. But I still don't know WHY he wanted to get rid of them.
"It was only later that we realized the scale of that loss: that some things simply cannot be done without a heart." = Despite all of that, Xaldin in KH II was helping Xemnas in order to achieve a heart, meaning he regretted something. Once again, something we already knew and once again, why did Xaldin realized he needed a heart was not covered.

So yeah. Days team was clever in doing this, but they didn't fool me.

Again, not really. I, as well as anyone who played KH II, could very well see that luxord was a gambler: adding a copule of texbox with gambling metaphor is sure nice, but ultimately adds close to nothing to what I knew of the character.
I know and acknowledge you did wrote down only things stated in the game: but understand me... you used a lot of words, but you kept saying the same things: Luxord's a gambler, he hates being left out of things like every living being ever. Period.
And it wasn't your fault, but the game's.

Days brings jokes and tries to colour the Nobodies a little more. It's perfectly legit to like these: it's perfectly legit to read more into it (although it's something subjective so not really a proof: but I, as a fellow fan and fanwriter, think being able to construct all of that like you did is actually praiseworthy).
I will concede that expanding on some of them wasn't the main goal of this game, I will concede maybe some characters were meant to be left in the dark.
But my point still stands:
it didn't develop any of these characters. It added more flavour to what we already knew. Xaldin is still a poorly developed character, everything about Luxord or Larxene 'cept that one personality trait is still obscure.

What were your thoughts on the Secret Reports? I thought it was a good idea that each member, including Xion (excluding Roxas) got their own entry. It provided insight into their characters.

Hirokey123

Awards
I'm working on my response, which I hopefully get out before falling to sleep, but I have to chime in on this right now....

Demyx's report about his album was the most uninformative and disappointing thing in the whole series. Pete's potential big villain story where he was stopped and banished by Mickey being retconned into "Pete was rude to the queen for some ice cream and because of past vendetta towards him she casually put him in time out" was less disappointing than Demyx's album report.

Caxinuld

Awards
This thread got really negative really fast. Oh well, Days is the game everyone loves to pick on anyway.

For a game about the organization, we didn't learn very much about them. I would've loved to see Xemnas building the organization with the founding members, finding other members such as Demyx or Larsen, seeing what they do to emulate the feelings of a heart or the other members being playable in at least one mission for themselves in the story.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
The stick scene, Xion's theme and every variation, and finally, Roxas kicking Saix's ass.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
Musique pour la Tristesse de Xion and Vector to the Heavens were both phenomenal tracks, and rank among some of KH's best. They're beautiful and evoke the game's tone so well.

Mirashade

Awards
I'll agree on some points: Xion's theme is absolutely beautiful, the box art is nice, and the humor could be cute and enjoyable on occasion. I also liked that you could play as other organization members. Not that I ever did for very long, but I won't pretend I wasn't tickled just to get the chance.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I never got to play Days myself, but from watching much of it plenty of times, the only negative thing really is the gameplay (dull missions, not how the gameplay itself worked) and repetitive recolored enemies? It has one of the better stories in the franchise, nice music, and for the most part, they put a lot of effort into the voice acting for the movie.

That's all I really hear when people talk about Days. Either A: The gameplay was dull, or B: They don't like Xion for xyz reasons.

I ignored Days for a long time because I knew everything that happened and didn't want to watch gameplay of it in case I ever got to play it myself (thought I might in the remaster, but gave up on ever playing it once it only became a movie). But, I watched the movie and I love watching others first reaction to the movie too. (I guess I watch the gameplay now, but it always seems to suck the life out of youtubers at times)

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I'll agree on some points: Xion's theme is absolutely beautiful, the box art is nice, and the humor could be cute and enjoyable on occasion. I also liked that you could play as other organization members. Not that I ever did for very long, but I won't pretend I wasn't tickled just to get the chance.
I liked the game. It was probably my reintroduction and my entrance into the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

[video=youtube;7uMMKDd1Fr0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uMMKDd1Fr0[/video] I did see this trailer back in the day, but I didn't get the chance to play the game, because my parents were pretty much low on money and couldn't afford a PS2.

I pretty much passed Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days in Gamestop one day, picked it up and fell in love.

I really loved that we could play as the Organization members in mission mode, though I didn't play as Xemnas, because him floating around kind of creeped me out.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I guess you could say that it left me with so many questions that I just had to keep going further into this franchise to find the answers.

Ohh, I forgot. I really love the Keyblade Designs!

Ooh this. Although the majority were palette swaps, the original designs themselves looked really neat and it's a damn shame that we'll never see them as HD 3D models. I also like a lot of the names of the weapons... True Light's Flight, Maverick Flare, Aubade, Abyssal Tide, and Leviathan have always stuck with me.

Then there's the great job that the localization team did with the written dialogue. There're gems all over the place about goldfish, sticks, and toasters that apparently were not in the original JP version.

Also this guy.

latest

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The localization for Days was fantastic and makes me wish all the games got the same treatment.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Those pink ones look so good, that's how I wish Kairi's keyblade would have looked instead of that flowery color mess. The ones in the middle are so cool too, almost makes me want to replay Days after all these years.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Hmm, there are quite many things I liked about Days:

- I liked the panel system. It was fun trying to figure out how you could use as many panels as possible.

- Vector to Heavens is one my favorite KH-songs. I love how it`s an mash of different songs but still carries it`s own identity, so a very fitting song for Xion. Her final boss fight was also really good. I liked how they played with the replica idea there, giving her some of Sora`s more powerful attacks. Her voice was also a bit creepy during the fights which was cool, and the comments she says to Roxas, especially at the end broke my heart.

- Some of the jokes made me laugh.

- First video game that made me cry too.

- I love Xion, fight me bro! pls don`t fight. I know I am gonna lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back