• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Light and Darkness in relation to people in detailed observation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Seven lights, thirteen darkness in detail observation

1- Master Xehanort
2- Xemnas
3- Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (his form he obtained after taking Riku's body)
4- Terra(nort the revived Terra with a piece of Xehanort's heart inside)
5- Young Master Xehanort
6- Xigbar
7- Isa
8- Vanitas
9- Rikunort? (while his and Xehanort's hearts were inside)
10- Ven-Van fusion (the one with the X-Blade, probably wouldn't still, but...)
11- Maleficent(nort)? (maybe? pure speculation here)
12- ???
13- Sora's reserved seat

How will #10 Workout? oh and i like your list.

Absolute

Terra is a Xehanort, MX even said so when he said two of the lights was already on his side (Terra), and Sora (Who was rescued in KH3D of course) so now only one (Terra) is on MX's side.

I don't know about terra. While they were very specific not to mention Terra, Aqua and Ven's name for some damn reason, it is inferred that after Sora, Riku and mickey, the three others are terra, Ven and Aqua and then someone else according to mickey. When MX mentions the lights, he says that he has Sora and the final light on his side. then he points out adding those up that the three lights are still missing. based on that, it sounds like he doesn't have terra currently, otherwise he would have said that he has 3 Lights on his side.

Dragonsblight

I don't know about terra. While they were very specific not to mention Terra, Aqua and Ven's name for some damn reason, it is inferred that after Sora, Riku and mickey, the three others are terra, Ven and Aqua and then someone else according to mickey. When MX mentions the lights, he says that he has Sora and the final light on his side. then he points out adding those up that the three lights are still missing. based on that, it sounds like he doesn't have terra currently, otherwise he would have said that he has 3 Lights on his side.

Yes he does have terra because terra and sora are the "two lights" he has on his side.

JustSnilloc

How will #10 Workout? oh and i like your list.

Obviously he wouldn't still be in possession of the X-Blade, but YMX could have grabbed him from the past at some short moment in time idk :)

I was trying to list all of the people heavily influenced by and aligned with Xehanort though, Ven-Van seems just as likely a candidate as any of them, but it's hard to place when he could have been "grabbed" to take forward in time

Obviously he wouldn't still be in possession of the X-Blade, but YMX could have grabbed him from the past at some short moment in time idk :)

I was trying to list all of the people heavily influenced by and aligned with Xehanort though, Ven-Van seems just as likely a candidate as any of them, but it's hard to place when he could have been "grabbed" to take forward in time

Well could he had take Ven before MX slit his heart in two?

choco-pocky

Just a quick question, is Sora an actual keyblade wielder and one of the 7 lights? I have heard a few people say that Sora is not a true keyblade wielder because of what MX said in 3D and because Sora's power to wield the keyblade is from him connecting with the hearts of the wielders. I for one do not think this is the case and think his power to wield is from his own heart, but I want to hear other opinions.

JustSnilloc

Just a quick question, is Sora an actual keyblade wielder and one of the 7 lights? I have heard a few people say that Sora is not a true keyblade wielder because of what MX said in 3D and because Sora's power to wield the keyblade is from him connecting with the hearts of the wielders. I for one do not think this is the case and think his power to wield is from his own heart, but I want to hear other opinions.

Who are these people that keep spreading around these stupid fake rumors? *sigh*

Sora is indeed a true keyblade wielder, MX was noting how Sora shouldn't have gotten the keyblade but he did and continued to be great with it, so yeah

choco-pocky

Who are these people that keep spreading around these stupid fake rumors? *sigh*

Sora is indeed a true keyblade wielder, MX was noting how Sora shouldn't have gotten the keyblade but he did and continued to be great with it, so yeah

Thank You!! Their were two people on KH13 that were making forums saying that Sora was not a true keyblade wielder all because of what MX and Braig said. I was getting annoyed because I knew that was not the case, beside MX is known for mind kupping, so people shouldn't always take what he says to heart.

Dragonsblight

A true keyblade wielder is one who went through the inheritance ceremony with a master, which sora did not. the only reason why sora can use a keyblade is either because of his connection to riku who is a true wielder. The only reason Sora can use the keyblade is because his heart is connected to someone who can rightfully wield it. After riku's heart was weakened by darkness Sora was given the key because he was the closest person to Riku who had a heart that was deemed worthy of its use, but in the end Sora is still not a true wielder as he did not go through the ceremony.

Dragonsblight

Nomura has even said that Sora is just an ordinary boy. The only reason he can wield it is because of his friends. There is nothing special about him which Nomura highlights and that it could have been anyone who could have wielded that keyblade.

JustSnilloc

A true keyblade wielder is one who went through the inheritance ceremony with a master

True? As far as I was aware you either could wield a keyblade or not...

which sora did not. the only reason why sora can use a keyblade is either because of his connection to riku who is a true wielder. The only reason Sora can use the keyblade is because his heart is connected to someone who can rightfully wield it.

Aqua herself even says Sora has the potential to wield the keyblade

After riku's heart was weakened by darkness Sora was given the key because he was the closest person to Riku who had a heart that was deemed worthy of its use, but in the end Sora is still not a true wielder as he did not go through the ceremony.

That's not exactly how it happened, but sure

It is stated in a scene in DDD that he is in fact not a true wielder

Really? Where, because it didn't happen

Dragonsblight

MX subtly said it. The fact that he is not a "chosen one" is what makes Sora special and how he was able to do all of the things he has even though he is an ordinary boy. and yes aqua said he had the potential, but then again many people probably do, but do they all become keyblade wielders?

JustSnilloc

MX subtly said it. The fact that he is not a "chosen one" is what makes Sora special and how he was able to do all of the things he has even though he is an ordinary boy. and yes aqua said he had the potential, but then again many people probably do, but do they all become keyblade wielders?

MX said that he is "a far cry from a keyblade user" he doesn't say that he isn't a true wielder...

In fact if you were to take that literally, you'd have to make up something about how Sora never really used the keyblade, how he only used Ven's, and how when he dual wielded in KH2 it was because he used Roxas's heart,

it'd be silly to think that he isn't a wielder, it should be taken to mean this: MX doesn't find Sora to be nearly good enough to be a keyblade wielder

Dragonsblight

I'm not saying that he isn't a wielder, but i just believe he is because of his connection either with riku or ven, but you are completely entitled to your opinion as well and im sure this will be fully explained/answered in kh3

krexia

Translator
Awards
First lets define NATURALLY
I don't mean to rain on your parade here, but I've gotta say something about the nature of translation here: Please remember that it was me who used the English word 'naturally' there, when I translated the Japanese. If you want to get into the nitty-gritty of exactly what a given phrase means, I'd advise against using the text of my translations as a primary source. Not because the translations are inaccurate, but because translation is never a matter of perfect equivalence. Especially with languages as different as Japanese and English, it's impossible to perfectly convey all the connotations of one in the other without copious explanatory footnotes.

That bit where MX talks about the two-people-in-one is a great example of this. The Japanese language makes a distinction between cardinal and nominal numbers that simply doesn't exist in English. When you count a quantity of something in Japanese, it's always explicitly clear what kind of object you're counting - so one simple string of five Japanese letters can very clearly refer to two people who constitute one person. I chose to translate what MX said as "one person of two people", but that's not literally what he says in Japanese because English simply does not have the grammatical tools to say exactly what MX says in Japanese.

And while that sentence is an extreme case, the important point I want to make here is that with my translations I've done my best to convey the meaning of what is happening, but you cannot take my English phrasing as being the exact words that were said in Japanese.

If you want to pick apart a specific part of one of those scenes, I'd be more than happy to give more in depth explanations of specific lines you're referring to, and my understanding of their connotations in Japanese. For that specific line MX says about people who safeguard light being chosen naturally, he's not saying that all existing light-siders were chosen by natural processes. What he's implying is that people will emerge (be chosen) to fill the empty roles on the side of light as a matter of course (naturally).

choco-pocky

I thought Nomura said in an interview that Sora's ability to wield a keyblade was from his own strong heart and not because of Ven being inside of him. So isn't this Sora's ability to wield a keyblade through connections of other hearts a bit contradictory to what Nomura said in that interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back