• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lingering Will's Actions in KHIII

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
This is the first Thread I've made, so you'll have to excuse if it's in the wrong spot or already exists. If it qualifies for either of those, feel free to move/alter it as you see fit. :)

I've seen a lot of stuff about the Xehanorts and the like, but I haven't seen much about one particular character whose existence full-on fascinates me - Lingering Will, or Lingering Sentiment... or Terra's Armor; whatever you want to call him.

It goes without saying that the main purpose of the sentient armour is to reclaim the body it lost - in a sense, it's an almost ethereal testament of Terra's resistance to Xehanort's intentions, manifested into the armour he left behind. The information bar for Terra's final fight in the story pretty much sums it up: "Defeat Xehanort and take back your body!", and yet when he defeats the newly formed Terranort, he doesn't take back his body. He just grows a cape, sits on down and lets his body be whisked away by the destruction of the X-blade. Why? I couldn't say... maybe it was too late to take its body back?

Until then, it goes undisturbed for some eleven years (managing to magically move from the scene of the fight into the Badlands, which is beside the point), at which point it encounters Sora. Beyond this point and the actions of the Xehanorts in 3D, we don't know what happens with the sentient armour. But it clearly has some role to play in KHIII, or it most likely wouldn't exist at all.

So, my question is: what part will the Lingering Will play throughout Kingdom Hearts III?
Will it leave the Keyblade Graveyard and begin traversing worlds, searching for its' body? Or will it lie in wait for destiny to summon it into battle again?

I don't know if anyone is as fascinated by Lingering Will as I am, but any thoughts and ideas would be interesting to see. :)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It wont do anything.The development team has probably forgot about it after all these years.

Considering it was the development team that intentionally snuck the Lingering Will without Nomura finding out until after the fact?
Or that they went so far as to specially included its cape in BBSFM HD to connect it more closely with the battle in KH2FM?

No.

BEASTENDER

Kind of off topic, but since I too was fascinated by the concept of Lingering Will, I thought Id share this with you. It's a video showing off Terra's keyblade animations in that fight, but slowed down. Lingering Will was the first time we witnessed true keyblade transformation, and Terra has the most transformations thus far. It makes me really excited for Sora's in KH3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZXXoDiWpkY

As for KHIII, I'd like it if Lingering Will made a return. His will still lingers on, so it'd be interesting if Terra or Aqua's armor filled with their wills returned for a boss fight in III.

Some guy

How I see Lingering Will being implemented in KH3:
-Terra is brought back through love powa before the final battle,
-Before or after Xehanort is dealt with, boss battle against the Lingering Will (with a playable or AI controlled Terra if possible),
-Terra: "you can rest now",
-The end!

Anagram

Banned
I want it resolved too. Perhaps helping Sora free it's real body/self from Xehanort at long last. With Terra free it's purpose is done and it loses whatever disney logic and/or feels of hatred turning back into just lumps of armor.

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.
Even now, we still don't know which specific part of Terra was left behind. (If it's mentioned in interviews, I haven't read them.)
Some say LW is like an Unversed. If that's true, like Vanitas, shouldn't LW's emotions return to it's original host?

If it's his soul, then I have no answer.

But in relation to the topic, I'd personally like to have LW as an ally, (provided he doesn't try to beat you up, again) even if it's a short-lived alliance.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Maybe...just maybe. It'll be implemented in some sort of fashion to distinguish Sora into some type of ranking for being a wielder and since he failed his mark of mastery exam exactly as Terra did. Only to end up being eventually to what Sora was already meant to become. The ace in the hole.

If that sounded wrong. My apologies lol.

LedxirnSimon

If riku were to retrieve Terra's keyblade (which he inherited through the keyblade inheritance ceremony) from the lingering will then he would potentially be able to dual wield?

Nope, if Riku had terra's heart in him after AsoD's heart got cleansed out of him, he would be able to do so... Unless Lingering Will could sense Terra's heart in Riku.

Keyblade inheritance ceremony doesn't necessary mean taking someone's keyblade, but given a new personal keyblade of theirs.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
SquarePhoenix, the part of the Lingering Will that is Terra's is his mind. This is indicated in the final battle by Xehanort shortly following his possession of Terra's body:

Terranort said:
Your body submits, your heart succumbs, so why does your mind resist?

I'd imagine that if the game's finale takes us back to the Keyblade Graveyard then it would certainly play a role in the final battle. As long as Xehanort is alive, Terra's heart and body are just out of reach, and the Lingering Will's hatred for Xehanort would technically put him on the side of the heroes. Whether he will be a truly cooperative force is to be seen, especially if the final battle saw Ven and Aqua participating, he would certainly be able to sense them and vice versa, with the newly awakened Ven and newly free Aqua happily fighting alongside the ghost of their friend to free him from his suffering. I feel like that would be the direction taken with the armor, if any. Then again, we don't really know how that reunion will play out, we can only speculate.

Fortissimo

I'd imagine that if the game's finale takes us back to the Keyblade Graveyard then it would certainly play a role in the final battle. As long as Xehanort is alive, Terra's heart and body are just out of reach, and the Lingering Will's hatred for Xehanort would technically put him on the side of the heroes. Whether he will be a truly cooperative force is to be seen, especially if the final battle saw Ven and Aqua participating, he would certainly be able to sense them and vice versa, with the newly awakened Ven and newly free Aqua happily fighting alongside the ghost of their friend to free him from his suffering. I feel like that would be the direction taken with the armor, if any. Then again, we don't really know how that reunion will play out, we can only speculate.

I'd like to think that he shows up a little earlier. That the armor's instincts become more active and it becomes more powerful as the MX crew becomes more active and starts chasing MX through various worlds. Maybe saves Sora once or twice through the game before we get the final resolve. Similar to how Riku surfaced in KH2. I feel like having him surface right at the end would be a bit rough.
Maybe if someone find Aqua or wakes up Ven they can fill everyone else in on whats going on with it if thats the case.
But seeing the LS again is a given. Theres no way they wouldn't.

If we have to fight him again I hope to God its a watered down battle. That or Sora has better game.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I personally think that the Lingering Will was Terra's attempt to anchor his Heart once he gets freed form Xehanort Considering MX came back instead of Apprentice Xehanort, and also assujing that Terra's Body still has some part of Xehanort in it, I wouldn't be surprised if Terra's Heart went to his armor, thus reuniting Terra's mind with his Heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back