• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Lion King (2019) - Run, Simba, run

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
well this look awesome

[video=youtube;4CbLXeGSDxg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CbLXeGSDxg[/video]

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Looks good. I'm kind of burnt out on the live action remake trend but I think I will still see this.

ImVentus

Awards
Cub Simba is always a win.

Am I missing something though? I can obviously tell it's all CGI (there is no convincing me that this looks live action, some shots come very close) the settings vary from the first teaser. Some look like they were picked out of 2016's Jungle Book just altered to look set in a savannah. I also believe this was the footage that was shown at D23 in 2017?

I can tell that this will be big, but at the same time I wouldn't mind if they might do something new with the story.

Last edited:

Pokie

Lol, why. Just why? The original animated classic is fine and is legendary for a reason. I can understand Dumbo, but Lion King and Aladdin are fine and are classic for a reason. Same with Beauty and the Beast, the original animated classic was fine and there was no need for Emma Watson autotune the movie.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I don't get people complaining about these Disney live-action remakes. Like, if you're not interested in them then don't go watch it. I hated Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent, and I have no intention of seeing the Cinderella Live-action remake, but I don't shout at the clouds and say "THIS IS POINTLESS!". If you really want these movies to stop then stop watching them in the cinema.

Personally, this looks good. Jon Favreau directed The Jungle Book and I actually preferred that over the animated version. Can't say if that''ll be the case for The Lion King, time will tell I suppose.

Pokie

I don't get people complaining about these Disney live-action remakes.

1. They are banking on nostalgia
  2. It's a bit callous towards the original animators who worked HARD on these movies originally who put the hard work and effort in. Do you know how hard animation is? Not to mention the long hours of stress.
  3. YMMV, but most of them are average at best.
  4. It keeps the "animation is only for babies " stigma going.
  5. Emma Watson auto-tune.
  6. The original movies are already there. 90% of the time these remakes are the exact same very minor changes. If you watch the Lion King, the VHS/ DVD/ Bluray is right there.
  7. It kind of gives 2D animators the finger.

but I don't shout at the clouds and say "THIS IS POINTLESS!". If you really want these movies to stop then stop watching them in the cinema.

But they are pointless. The only one that really needs a remake is Dumbo due to its racist scenes. And honestly? Dumbo doesn't have to be LA, it can be CGI animation.

Personally, this looks good. Jon Favreau directed The Jungle Book and I actually preferred that over the animated version.

That's fine. But there are reasons why people are upset/ sick of tired of this "trend". Though Beauty and the Beast made bank, and Aladdin, Lion King will too, so there's no stopping this Disney LA train for a very long time.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It's interesting that the only two voices were Scar and Mufasa. Felt thematically appropriate.

The CGI is fine, though the faces can't really capture emotional reactions like the animated films.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I have a problem with how they're portraying villains in these live action remakes. Jafar doesn't look nor sound exactly like the animated version, nor does this Scar, even though there are lions with black manes, and Twitter is plastered with them all over. Like, I get the physical design decisions, but at least call the original voice-actors for the villains to do a voice-over.

Like if they do live-action Hercules, which I doubt, James Wood not being Hades would be hysterical.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
The CGI is fine, though the faces can't really capture emotional reactions like the animated films.

It looks like this film will rely more on animalistic behavior and micro expressions to convey its characters; there was a little ear twitch that Scar did in his first shot that caught my eye. I hope to see some more of these little details throughout the film.

I have a problem with how they're portraying villains in these live action remakes. Jafar doesn't look nor sound exactly like the animated version, nor does this Scar, even though there are lions with black manes, and Twitter is plastered with them all over. Like, I get the physical design decisions, but at least call the original voice-actors for the villains to do a voice-over.

Like if they do live-action Hercules, which I doubt, James Wood not being Hades would be hysterical.

Artistic choice, probably; it looks like they're envisioning a different interpretation of Scar's character, to which there's nothing inherently wrong with that. Chiwetel's a good actor anyways, so hopefully his talent will carry into his voice acting.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I mean, I can handle this casting choice better than Jafar's in the live-action Aladdin.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FEAg&usg=AOvVaw2dgs1bFVSlXkf3C3zsN9Oc&ampcf=1

So while the critical reception has been less then positive God damn did it make money in it's debut
I think it's time for me to put my two cents in.

In my opinion reviews are worthless, and it shows when you have movies that reviews critique exceptionally and fail, while "bad" movies get a ton of money (Transformers anyone?). The common public doesn't care for art or the finer points of acting or whether performances or stories are Shakespearean. They just want a good time for a couple hours, then go back to doing whatever their lives consist of. It's a good time, a break away from reality. And in this case, a huge blast of nostalgia.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
So I saw the film and I liked it. Seth Rogan was perfect for Pumbaa. It did stray away from some parts of the original, but overall it was good. It’s no Jungle Book, but it wasn’t terrible in my books.

Back