• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

localization?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ren

adios motherfucker
I'm guessing three months or more. That's just a guess, though.
I highly doubt we'll get it three weeks after the JAP release.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Three weeks? That's seriously impossible, you know that, right?

BBS will most likely come out in North America three months after Japan gets theirs. Because that's what happened with KH2. December of 2005, KH2 came to Japan. March of 2006, KH2 came to North America.

A

Audo

ROFL.
It definitely will be more than three weeks. KH2 took three months. CoM took, I believe a month.
BBS is in between the two, but more close to KH2, so expect around three months.

KingdomSealer

Well seeing as KH2 came out in Japan in December 05, then we got it in March 06, about three or four months. Should take much longer than that. And I don't think three weeks is enough time to do all the translating and stuff lol.

A

Audo

It might. But it also depends on how much localization needs to be done, and at what rate, and how much english VA work they need to complete. Stuff like that.
Obviously CoM was easier to do because all they had to do was translate the text. They didn't need to do things such as VA work because there was none.
It really depends on the game. But I think around three months, maybe less, is reasonable.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
yeah but i thought since bbs was a side story it would take a shorter amount of time.

.... -_-

As if it being a side story matters? It being a side story doesn't mean it'll take a shorter amount of time.

Square Enix has to hire English-voice actors for ALL the characters, then get the characters to the recording studio, then convert the game into English, put some finishing touches on it, then release it.

That can't be done in three weeks.

And, it REALLY depends on how long the game is.

Ren

adios motherfucker
I dunno. BBS sounds kind of extensive. I mean, CoM took a month or so, right? Plus there's the voice acting to cover.

EDIT: I've been beaten by two people. The shame.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, it can take a bit less if Japan hands over the script before the game is finished, but I don't really think they'll do it. Also, NA could start hiring VAs early (like they're probably doing for Days under the pretense of a Re:CoM release).
A lot of things can affect the time, but it'll hardly be weeks.

Rix

:)
Awards
I guess 3 months in America after Japan release and another 3 months to wait for europe :/ *sigh*

A

Audo

Rixam lives in Europe?
Isn't the PSP and DS Region-Free? You could import the NA version :3

And i think they are recording English VA's now. I think they do so relatively early.

Rix

:)
Awards
Yup, I live in Europe :3 And yeah, I'm thinking about importing the games from US.

Cissy

Bronze Member
3 months sounds good to me. Just enough time to get me excited and foaming at the mouth before they release it.

Then, to Target I shall go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back