• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Log Horizon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
abb9243da046d07b988db34a7ac3670b1380996526_full.png

Log Horizon (ログ・ホライズン Rogu Horaizun?) is a Japanese novel series written by Mamare Touno. It was initially posted on the user-generated content site Shōsetsuka ni Narō in 2010 and subsequently published by Enterbrain since March 2011. The series follows the strategist, Shiroe, and the other players of the long-lived MMORPG Elder Tale after they find themselves whisked away into the game world following a game update. The novel has received four manga adaptations, with one based on the main story and the other three revolving around characters in the series. An anime adaptation began airing on NHK Educational TV on October 5, 2013.

Was wondering if anyone else besides Nyangoro and I were watching this show.

I didn't have particularly high expectations going in, but I was pleasantly surprised at the small details that make this show so interesting and entertaining to watch. Don't be fooled by the premise; this show is NOTHING like Sword Art Online. while sao was more about drama and romance set in an mmo, this explores mmo economics, player relations, and politics. it's not really heavy on drama, but is a pretty interesting watch. the main thing that appeals to me is that it's a pretty good depiction of mmo mechanics in a story: most of the abilities and mechanics are pretty faithful to how they'd work in actual mmo's due to the author's familiarity with games like Ultima Online and Everquest. Most of the characters' personalities actually make a surprising amount of sense given the circumstances; Akatsuki acts like a feudal ninja simply because she's a hardcore roleplayer and it's how she chooses to deal with the situation she's been thrust into.

if you guys have ever played an mmo or just want a chill show to counterbalance trigger's ridiculous over-the-top antics, this is a pretty good pickup.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Gave the first two episodes a watch and it was rather interesting. =D

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
If I'm not wrong the setting is reversed compared that of SAO in the sense that the real world is turned into an MMO, right?

i'm not sure exactly what the difference is functionally except for the fact that in log horizon it isn't possible to really "die". if players are killed they are just sent back to cathedrals.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Yeah. It "feels" like the real world and things are different, but functionally it still behaves largely like an MMO (they can call up menus and such, and they respawn if they die).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just marathon'd nine episodes of this show. I've wanted to watch it for awhile after seeing a few gifs of it floating around the internet, but didn't because I was busy. I really enjoy the fact that the NPCs are actually very human and that it doesn't have all of that "we're going to die if we die in the game" drama. Even so, it does show some very real issues that would come up in a world where you can't die. What is there to do? Why not just loot & PK? There is nothing else worth living for.

Also lololol I love everybody at the Crescent Moon Alliance. Everybody is cute and everything around them is cute. Also I am like Serara and completely love Nyanta.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Got up to episode 4 last night, Nyanta is boss. I've also come to like the whole strategist part of Shiroe's character.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Finally caught up on every episode last night and I'm freaking loving this show. I love watching Shiroe's plans schemes play out and Nyanta is just awesome in a gentlemanly way.

Anyone know what day episodes update each week?

zachen

Awards
After watching SAO this show is quite... different. Although I will say I am pleasantly surprised by it :)

Gram

Banned
Awards
Good to know thanks. =D Wonder how many it'll run for. It's already passed the 12 that most do, maybe 20 something?

Gram

Banned
Awards
The latest episode was a bit interesting with the insight on the worlds history but mostly for the bit about possible memory loss after dying. I like that it adds risk to death even though they can't really die. They still lose something from the experience that may be worse than actually dying in the long run.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I wonder how many episodes this has left. It's already went past more than most animes get.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
26, I believe.

And it's not all that uncommon. Around 13 episodes (one cour) or 26 (two cours), is pretty standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back