• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Longing for a 360...questions inside

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
Hey, remember me? I made this thread back in '08. Well...

I'd had my PS3 for 15 months and I love it dearly. But it's time to broaden my horizon and get a 360. But I have a few questions.

- I'm planning getting most of my games on Games on Demand, are the games in the same quality as they would be on disc?

- How long would it take for a 7GB game to download?

- How long would it take for a 2GB game to download?

- How much is the the Wi-Fi adapter

- Is there still that 'power brick'

- What's the best, affordable SKU available?

- Is it still backwards compatible

Thank you, if you cannot answer all the questions, answering the ones you do know would be greatly appreciated

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
- I'm planning getting most of my games on Games on Demand, are the games in the same quality as they would be on disc? Yes, except that they're digital, so keep in mind the risks of buying content you won't really own.

Depends on your internet. Broadband internet should take about a day to download.

- How long would it take for a 2GB game to download?
See above. Some hours, likely.

$79.99 and $99.99, but it's in your best interest not to buy the official Microsoft brand which overcharges you. Buy a cheap wireless gaming bridge or gaming adapter by Linksys (some Googling will help you) which you can get anywhere from $30-70 and use on any console.

Yep.

The Xbox 360 Arcade. $199.

Yep, but the amount of titles supported has not changed in years. There are some games you can't play (like Oddworld Stranger's Wrath fuck you Microsoft).

Sora'sProtector

I've had a 360 for a while now, and while I try to like it and play games on it, I just can't. I'm keeping it right now for Alan Wake and Fable III. Otherwise, it would be gone. I kind of regret buying one, since the few exclusives there are I don't even like much.

Not to mention I hate paying for multiplayer.

nightmarezeroX9

Let's Get Down To Business
I'd figure I'd answer your questions also with my own responses.

- I'm planning getting most of my games on Games on Demand, are the games in the same quality as they would be on disc?
Yes they are the same quality. You may experience minor glitches though. Also as a tip, make sure you buy at least a 120GB hard drive if you are looking to download games.

Depends on your internet like Dog said. It takes me about 4-5 hours to download something near that capacity.

-
How long would it take for a 2GB game to download?
Like Dog said. Depends on your internet.

I only know of the one Microsoft made, which is $100.

Yes.

If you are looking for best, go with the Elite which is as much as a PS3 these days. If you are looking for affordable, go with the Arcade which is $200.

Yes but not as backwards compatible as a PS3 is. There has been a slight increase in backwards compatible games.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back