• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Looking Back - First Kingdom Hearts Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Korai

Awards
No, I don't think it was that. I think that was Donald or Goofy saying "let's go save Sora!"
He said somewhat. I don't think he meant literally in Kairi's place, but maybe in danger toward the end and they had to save him. (Like when he became a heartless)

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
A quick thing to note is in that trailer the Summon slot was actually in the 4th command slot initially! So they took that out for KH1 and now for 1.5 HD they put it back in it's original position.

Also every event and quote was in the final game, just said a bit differently. And the music in this trailer definitely sounds Orchestrated. Why they scraped that and added the soundfont version in the final game I don't know. PS2 could have streamed the music if they wanted to just be low quality.

Another thing to note is that classic Donald and Goofy clothing. We have yet to actually have those models in game. They aren't hidden within KH1 or any other KH game. They only appear in Pre-rendered cutscenes (withing BBS, KH1, KH RE:COM, and KH2) so no modding the game to make it look close to the beta :frown:

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
The best part of watching this trailer is imagining what could have happened had most of the things in that stayed. I think some things are best left out, just to evoke that feeling of curiosity that arises when you see unused content.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Both of these still exist in the series, in some form. In Re:Coded:
[video=youtube;czaaw2e7i9I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=czaaw2e7i9I[/video]
And in Re:CoM:
[video=youtube;vpflMhVo9WI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLhcSrKyqhfh6Gy8dc7cjvRaI0sAXYwTPg&v=vpflMhVo9WI&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

I know I meant I wish I could've seen them in kh1 and where they was going with them. =]

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
The best part of watching this trailer is imagining what could have happened had most of the things in that stayed. I think some things are best left out, just to evoke that feeling of curiosity that arises when you see unused content.
Agreed. These early trailers are pretty much the closest thing we get on average to the videogame equivalent of a deleted scenes collection, and being completely out of context makes them all the more fascinating.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I really DO hope they use some of that dialogue...Elsewise they quotationed it for nothing :3

But really. I wanna see this in the future! Don't let me down, SE! I'm sure Sora's happy-go-luckyness could p!$$ Xehanort off enough to make at least ONE of him say that! XD

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Yeah, those initial models were super aggressive looking lol

I like how Sora is CHARGING at that Snow White stained glass too, and he hops on Dumbo's back without shrinking (I'm mixed about this change, but I bet Dumbo's relieved - I really just want some Timothy Q. Mouse in my KH). They always knew they wanted a scene with Riku at the Clock Tower too. It's interesting when the concepts are realized within canon.

SugarToppedLove

Website
www.youtube.com
Aww it's like a time capsule of how Square developed KH.
I remember anticipating to go to the Disney castle and
then finding out I would never go there in KH 1 :(

Sorarocks93

Awards
Even though it's so old, I get chills from it.

I bet many people thought that those graphics looked great back in the day they saw it. We probably also think the same way about KH III while it's obviously going to look way better than the teaser trailer.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Even though it's so old, I get chills from it.

I bet many people thought that those graphics looked great back in the day they saw it. We probably also think the same way about KH III while it's obviously going to look way better than the teaser trailer.
Check out some of the games from back then; KH1 was BEAUTIFUL! XD

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, especially coming off of square's biggest project of the year-FF9, a PS1 game, those mist've looked awesome.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
haha I can't believe you found that! I wish they'd have kept the part with Riku on big ben and from that scene with him charging at riku as the islands fell it makes it seem as riku was gonna be the main antagonist or something. =D

Those are the two things I wanted to see in the game as well.

The battles looked really zoomed in and cramped.
Also when are we going to get Donald and Goofy fighting in those outfits? xD

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Man, that trailer is weird.
One thing I got from it though is that it sounds like Riku was gonna be named Sora. Because the English lines that are there kinda match what's happening to Riku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back