• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General ► Looking for an advice...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

PrettyGuard

Awards
Christmas season is here but for me, it is feeling different this year because of this pandemic. My parents are vulnerable to this virus so they are doing isolation and I'm afraid to come over because I am working as a frontliner so I can't risk them with me. I'll be celebrating Christmas with a few friends but it totally feels different, I feel lonely and recently, I'm having this anxiety. Are you also feeling this way? Please help, I need some advice, thank you.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think Christmas will be strange for a lot of people this year. Maybe arranging for a group call on the day you usually meet up could help feel less lonely?

D

Deleted member 252753

I am finding this Christmas pretty tough too. I am lucky to be able to work from home but I don't know when I will even be allowed to see my family (they live in England and travel between there and where I live has been stopped) so it's pretty hard and anxiety-making.

Like AdrianXXII said, having group video calls with my family helps a bit (my family like quizzes so we do those a lot) but it's not the same as being with them and I find the calls a bit awkward. So apart from that I try to do things to keep my mind occupied like trying to write fanfiction or baking things. I hope you can find something to take your mind off the negative feelings and get through this Christmas. Next year will be better.

PrettyGuard

Awards
I'll be having some facetime video chat with my parents this Christmas eve, hopefully, I can cook some dish after my work so I can still celebrate a little and spend the night doing facetime 😅

I've stumbled on this page in hopes of finding an answer for being this anxious and it discusses how I can come up with different solutions to my problem. I'll be glad to leave it here for everyone to take time and read. https://www.helpguide.org/articles/anxiety/coronavirus-anxiety.htm

Merry Christmas!🥳

Fiddlesticks

Awards
Glad that you have found a way to have fun this Christmas. As far as we feeling lonely during Christmas holidays, let's try to video or telephone chat as much as possible with our loved ones, and within that discussion try to reminisce about Christmasses past when we were happy. Try finding gratitude that we are alive and well and so are our loved ones.

It always helps me to hold my kitty when I am feeling down or anxious. She senses that need and stays with me on that. It also helps me to binge on a television series. I am now re-watching Bosch for the second time on Amazon Prime Video. Fantastic 6-season series. Music, sending Christmas cards to others. Volunteer in a worthwhile charity.

Where there's a will, there's a way. :)

Fiddlesticks

Awards
You're welcome. How are you doing now? I hope you are feeling better now while you celebrate the New Year! :)

PrettyGuard

Awards
I really appreciate your concern @Fiddlesticks , I do had fun this New Year's eve! I facetime with my parents the whole night while I celebrate the New Year on my friend's place. How about you? I hope you also had a great New Year with your family or friends.

HeartsProdigy

Awards
When you start to feel sorry for yourself and feel the buildup of anxiety, try to acknowledge and know the difference between your emotions and your actual reality(rational mind). Meditate and try not to let your emotions overwhelm you. Nothing is permanent, pain is not permanent, being down is not permanent. Challenges always makes us a better/wiser person after the storm has passed.

Besides meditating, my way of coping is by looking at how other people around me are doing and reflect. Sometimes I think my situation is bad, but there will always be others who are at a worse situation than me and need my help. I'm currently staying in a rather challenging neighbourhood due to covid whereby I think it is best to save money during unprecedented times like now and not indulge too much in rent. There are many elderly folks(love the elderly neighbours, they are kinder and wiser) around here who would sometimes sit at the void deck alone by themselves. I would approach them and chat and give them some money or some food(from my flat upstairs). It always lift up my spirits when I lift others up.

Back