• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Looking for Billy Zane, have you seen him?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Alright, I may be late or this may have been discussed before/already known, but I've always wondered what the bonk happened to Billy Zane.

I heard that he was blacklisted because of some movie he did that portrayed the U.S as bad guys, but I read that off youtube so that could be complete bullshit.
So are these claims legit? I always thought he just left because he didn't want to do it anymore.

Also, I'm not saying I want him back, Epcar's p good too, just wondering what exactly cause Zane to leave.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
The blacklisted claim is a completely false rumor that has spiraled out of control. There's no truth in it at all. Not only has he appeared in American Films after the film that supposedly blacklisted him (valley of the wolves: Iraq), but he's also been in a few talk shows and things of the like. He's doing just fine.

The reason of his horribly unfortunate lack of reprising his role is still unknown though. It's probably just to be blamed on Square being lazy though. Oh, if only George Lopez was a Kingdom Hearts fan. He could have asked about why he didn't reprise his role...

He and his epic voice will be missed. He turned a completely cliched villain into something more, using only DAT VOICE. That's powerful, I don't care what any of the annoying "OMG GETZ OVER ITS GUYS HES NOT COMING BACK" Captain Obvious people say. Just because he's not coming back doesn't mean people shouldn't be upset over it.

And I really do like Epcar. He's a really cool person, and he's perfect for Xehanort. If I could have my way, I would have Ansem Seeker of Darkness be voiced by Billy Zane, Xehanort by Richard Epcar and Xemnas by Paul St. Peter.

Unrequited Lust

If I could have my way, I would have Ansem Seeker of Darkness be voiced by Billy Zane, Xehanort by Richard Epcar and Xemnas by Paul St. Peter.

Bingo. I would pay full price for a redone KH2 with Billy Zane in place of Epcar (I still like Epcar better as Xehanort).

I heard it was because of scheduling conflicts. He was filming another movie or something. After that Square just stuck with Epcar.

Zul

Awards
I think being upset over it for this many years is a waste of your own time, especially when Epcar has proven his talent in post-KH2 KH games.

Square probably wants to keep Xehanort's voice consistent now, especially when we are getting closer to KH3, Xehanort's last game. Billy Zane has good voice acting skills, but if we are to see them again, it will likely happen outside the KH series.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I heard he had issues with the voice director/ dubbing process, but I don't have a reliable source for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back