• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Looks vs. personality

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rix

:)
Awards
So what do you think is the most important when looking for a girlfriend/boyfriend?

To be honest, saying that looks doesn't matter at all is a lie. In my opinion, there must be something you find physically attractive about the other person to get you interested. But I would still say that the personality is more important. Like if a very good looking person has a very unappealing personality, I can find that person unattractive because of the personality.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I'd have to agree that anyone who says "i don't care about looks" is full of shit.

Both are important.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Personality....
but having the total package would be nice too.
i've had a relationship with this hot girl but he attitude sucked and she was bitchy.... i think we were together for like 2 weeks....
I've been with a couple dumb blonds type girls. they were hot but that was it... and again those relationships never lasted...

Looks are good but if they are lacking a good personality then your relationship isnt really gonna last well at least mine didnt

Sora'sProtector

So what do you think is the most important when looking for a girlfriend/boyfriend?

To be honest, saying that looks doesn't matter at all is a lie. In my opinion, there must be something you find physically attractive about the other person to get you interested. But I would still say that the personality is more important. Like if a very good looking person has a very unappealing personality, I can find that person unattractive because of the personality.

I can explain my opinion on the subject no better than this.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Both are important... But personality has to be greater in proportion... If I can look at her and not squint plus she has a personality that fits what I'm looking for, she's straight... Also, she has to take care of her physical being (like not get all out of shape, and sickly and what not)... Healthy is sexy...

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Personality really influences someone's physical attractiveness for me. I've known attractive girls who are really ignorant and annoying, and they become really unappealing to me. Conversely, a fantastic personality will make someone's physical appearance almost unimportant for me.

Oriax

Well, personality is more of an important trait than good looks, but I suppose both is important too :)

nosecap

Most of my friends would say to that poll, "ass".

Well, I say personality rocks. In my case, when I'm attactred to the pretty girls, nothing ever happens. And usually I have no chances on those girls so yeah~

State

Awards
Both of them are important. You may be with a hot looking babe but, when it comes to manners, she's a pig. You may be with a marvelous young man that treats women like roses, but he doesn't clean his eyes, nose, ears, etc. Both aspects are important.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I definetly go for personality more than looks. I think whats more important is how a person acts rather than how they look. Although looks do count a little bit, but not much for me. 1/5 for looks and 4/5 for personality is what it usually is but sometimes it depends on the person.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Just like Math, romance follows FOIL; First Outer Inner Last.

A person is first attracted to the outer which initiates immediate desire for contact, then later notices inner. If both inner and outer are met, the equation is successful.

Generally if a person fails in outer or inner, they fail the requirements of a desired partner, although the requirements for what counts as passing "outer" and what counts as passing "inner" desires from person to person.

As for me, while both are important, personality matters more. I mean, there are just so many hot girls around that it's difficult to say looks are more important. There have been the hottest of girls that I've talked to that I couldn't stand after talking to them. Despite them being hot, the fact that I just didn't enjoy talking to them on a personal level seem to hurt their overall image of attraction. On the other hand, you could have a mediocre girl that oddly seems much more attractive just because you get along with her so well.

Currently there's a girl I somewhat have an interest in and we're supposed to be spending time together when she comes back to NY from college. While she is hot, she isn't the hottest thing around. However, she's clearly very different from the girls around here in my opinion, and just talking to her is above interesting; which puts her above everyone else at this moment.

Lastly, anyone who says looks don't matter is either a Middle School child or someone with ridiculously pathetic standards. On the contrary, anyone who says personality doesn't matter clearly isn't looking for a relationship. They just want bang bang bang.

tangerine

Awards
Personality is easily more important, but it goes hand-in-hand with physical beauty. I wouldn't be with a person if I saw them as ugly, even if they had a fantastic personality. Likewise, I couldn't be with a beautiful woman if she was as dumb as a rock.

Lolita

Dear You
I think both are important, but personality is more over looks.
Like said before, you have to see something physically attractive in someone to get interested in them. Whether it's appealing to just you or everyone. Because, honestly, I wouldn't get interested in someone if I don't find something that I like about them physically. :l
But yeah, I think personalitly counts the most. Someone might be pretty, but they can be bitchy and annoying and after seeing how they really are, you can't possibly see them as appealing anymore because they're bad personality gets in the way. But if you like someone's personality, you won't care for their looks because you just have a great time with that person.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Originally Posted by Rixam

If I had to choose between the two, I'd say personality. But, both of them are important.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Usually, when I like someone, it's their physical appearance that pulls me in first. Then I try to get to know them. If they're annoying and mean, then obviously, I'm no longer into them. If they're someone I can relate to easily, and their funny, sweet, caring, etc, then I'm into them even more. So yeah, like everyone here, personality matters the most, but they have to be decent-looking. If I ever get engaged/married, I don't want him to start letting himself go and stop looking in the mirror or something. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back