• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lunar's Blazing Summer Challenges

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
So here's the thread for my various Blazing Summer stories!

First up: Kh3!

The Calm Before the Storm​

As the last battle draws near, worry begins to eat away at Sora

Destiny Islands

Once we step through, there’s no going back.

That’s what Riku once said right? That it came down to victory or oblivion?

Sora stared up at the night sky on the islands he called home, melancholy. The last battle was coming up, the fight that would decide the fate of each and every world, every star in the sky. Obviously there wasn’t an exact date, no set time. But it could be felt. The winds themselves were tense as they blew, the chill causing the seventeen year old to pull up the hood of the jacket he was wearing.

Seven lights.

Thirteen darknesses.

“Things were so simple once.” He murmured quietly. His life was filled with fun, sunny days on the beach, playing with his two best friends and dreaming of the worlds outside their own. But then Riku opened the door and the keyblade latched onto Sora, forcing his life down a new path filled with violence and danger. Of darkness and strife. Things weren’t all bad, they weren’t all doom and gloom, but peace was fleeting since that day and Sora…

..he was worried.

“Is something on your mind?”

The keyblade master (he was so official he had a badge, just like Riku’s) turned his head, hearing the question and recognizing the female voice that went with it.

“Sort of.” He replied to the blonde girl stepping up next to him. Her face was kind and her white dress fluttered in the wind. Naminé thoroughly enjoyed being her own person, a somebody. Sora had spent a whole year with Donald and Goofy tirelessly tracking down the mythical key that could return people’s hearts. He had expecting it to be a literal keyblade like Riku had once fought him with in Radiant Garden (then called Hollow Bastion) but it turned out to be so much more than that. It was light, the purest of ancient magics. By accepting the power into his heart he had changed, he had grown. He was able to see what couldn’t be seen before, do what couldn’t be done. Restoring Roxas, Xion, Ven and Naminé hadn’t taken very long after that (although naturally the road was filled with complications, as always).

“What’s the matter?” Naminé looked at him with a mixture of curiosity and concern in her eyes. They had promised to be friends for real, pinky promised. The duo had been doing their best to fulfill it ever since the Light had reconnected the chains of memory in Sora’s heart that was once lost.

“It’s going to happen soon,” Sora said quietly “Xehanort is going to strike.”

Seven lights. Riku. Aqua. Roxas. Lea. Mickey. Ventus and himself. Seven would face down the dark.

Some wouldn’t come home.

“Do you not think we can win?” Naminé asked, staring across the ocean.

“I’m afraid we won’t all make it back in one piece.” Sora replied “We’re pretty badly outnumbered.”

They were strong, each and every one of them. But the old man was playing for keeps this time. No one fought him and walked away without scars. Terra was living proof of that. Even though he housed his master’s heart inside of him. Even though his own power soared when he mastered twilight…

“Mmmph!”

Naminé’s hands were soft. Sora’s mind was yanked away from his somber thoughts when the girl took his face in her hands and forced him to smile in a silly way. It was the same thing he had once done a long time ago, when it was she who was sad and he grabbed her face.

“That sad look doesn’t suit you.” Naminé informed him “That pessimistic look shouldn’t ever be in your eyes Sora.”
He wanted to reply, he really did, but it was hard to do that when Naminé wouldn’t move her hands.

“The seven of you? You’re going to win.” She said, voice firm in her conviction “You’ll face down Xehanort and his Organization and you’ll crush them, just like you always do.”

Sora stepped backwards, freeing himself “But-“

“No buts!” the blonde shook her head, looking as fierce as she could “You’ve faced worse odds before, but you’ve never backed down. Never doubted that at the end of the day you’d be standing at the top. No one’s going to die and with that power that Ansem lead you to? Xehanort and his lackeys will be wishing they had stayed dead.”

Sora stared at her for a long minute. Mulling over what she said. Being a little shocked at her unwavering confidence in him. His heart lightened a little, confidence trickling through his veins. Naminé looked satisfied, taking a step forward and taking one of his gloved hands in her own.

“We’ve finally done it,” She said quietly “We’re finally friends for real. No lies, no manipulation. Just you and me. You know how I know you’ll stop Xehanort? Because you never break a promise. Because you promised to protect me from everything that could harm me, my new good luck charm.”

“A universe destroying keyblade war isn’t exactly safe.” Sora remembered the false memory of making that promise. He also remembered declaring that it was real to him and he’d honor it “Looks like I don’t have much choice but to stop it huh?”

Naminé smiled “None.”

Sora returned the smile “In that case, just wait Naminé. We’ll stop them and then everyone will come back home again. I promise!”

The dark wouldn’t ever stop trying to pull the light down. Xehanort wasn’t going to give up without a fight. But it didn’t matter anymore, Sora refused to be afraid. He promised that he was going to win, so he would.

His promises to her were forever after all.

The other stories will all be posted on this thread and links to them will be in the first post for easy access!

Routine

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Terrific, Lunar! I'm actually surprised it was Namine instead of Kairi comforting Sora to give it his all to fight against Master Xehanort one more time. I never thought I'd see a pessimistic Sora worrying so much about keeping his promises and returning everyone home in one piece! I really enjoyed reading it and hope Namine's conviction, beliefs and hopes in Sora come true. They truly do make a good pair as friends. C:

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
Thanks Skitty :)

Thanks KK :) I love Sora/Namine interaction! I actually hope there is some good scenes with them in KH3

Here's my 20 minutes piece!

Routine​

It was becoming a daily routine, sitting there at six pm sharp, eyes glued to the screen while the news showed his latest escapades.

“Spider-Man has just arrived and immediately engaged Electro in combat!”

Lydia wasn’t sure what it was about that time, maybe the villains of the city knew that six was news time and they wanted fifteen minutes of fame. Maybe they knew Spidey would be patrolling at that time and wanted to take a shot at him. Maybe it was a mixture of both and they wanted to put the hero down on live TV. The girl wasn’t sure of things like that, but what she did know was that seeing your boyfriend dress up in a skintight black and red suit and then getting electrocuted on television was probably going to be the straw that broke the camel’s back and send her straight to the best therapist she could afford.

“He’s withering on the ground! It looks so painful to be shocked like that! Is this the end of our hero?!” the news lady gasped.

Every day the bad guy got in at least one particularly nasty shot and every day the news anchor reporting would question if today was the day Spider-Man finally met his match.

“I don’t believe it! He’s up! He just nailed Electro in the jaw with a fierce uppercut!” News Lady cheered.

Every day Spider-Man stood up and kept right on fighting.

The fights typically lasted anywhere between fifteen and twenty minutes, and they were always the talk of the city for the rest of the day as everyone put in their two cents about the hero or quoted one of his funnier snarky comments or (in the case of the younger ones) tried to reenact the fight with their friends.

Once it was over and Electro was arrested Lydia left the living room and went up the stairs, making sure to lock the door behind her as she went into her room and opened the window. Then came a rather agonizing wait as the redhead paced around her room. He didn’t do it on purpose but it took far too long to cross the city and crawl up the side of her building to check in with her. She must have nervously cleaned her glasses twelve times before she heard the shuffling. In fact, he was barley inside of the room before she was on him, hugging the boy (because he was nothing more than a teenage boy not the man everyone assumed he was) with all of her strength.

“I’d say something along the lines of ‘maybe you should stop watching the news’ but tackle hugs are typically my thing and I’ve always been fond of role reversal…”

“Shut up.” She looked at him, peeling off his mask so she could look him in the eyes “Are you okay?”

He winked, brown eyes filled with good cheer “Dandy!”

“Brian you were just electrocuted!”

“I think that along with my spider sense, organic webs, spider strength and dashing good looks, the spider bite gave me super electric resisting powers.” Her boyfriend said

She huffed “I doubt that.”

Every day he’d fight and every day he’d pause in his patrolling to come see her and let her know that he was not only okay, but that he’d always be okay. That she shouldn’t worry about him the way she does because nothing would stop him from coming back to her. Which is what she needed. They’d talk and he’d put on an air of good cheer and then he was off again to fight the good fight and protect Saint Claire Shores from the people who wished to harm it.

It was a daily routine for her to watch the news, to watch him fight, to worry.

But it was also daily routine for him to come and blow all of her worries away.

It was all part of the package when you date a superhero.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Such a routine can't be good for your health. On the other hand, it's kind of sweet to have Spider-Man come home each day to check on her,after a big fight with every other villain he comes across to protect the city. This was both a short and sweet story to read. In a way, we're all creatures of habit. Perhaps she's right. The villains and Spider-Man have their own routines to follow too? Nicely done, Lunar. C:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back