• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Luxord connection to Dark Road?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
Weird isn’t Luxord from verum Rex? Is verum Rex even in a different universe? Or is it in the same universe as kingdom hearts?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Makes sense. Most of us already figured Luxord would be one of the Upperclassmen who ended up in Verum Rex

Chie

Awards
Weird isn’t Luxord from verum Rex?
A guy voiced by Robin Atkin Downes is in the same world as Noctis, we really have no confirmation that that's Luxord, or how/when he got there. But it's plausible that it could be him.

Btw, it's Lodur(r), not Ludor, though of course both can fit for Luxord. (Ludor has the link to "game", though.)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Reading about Lodurr from that link one interpretation about the God is that it's an alternate name for the god of tricks and mischief Loki. That does seem to tie into Luxord's character a bit(although I'd hardly call him a trickster)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Chances of Luxord in Dark Road has increased 100%.

Demyx either won't be in Dark Road because Nomura can't rearrange his letters into Norse myth (the closet I can think of is *searches spelling* Móði, but he'd be stretching it since the spelling and pronunciation would be completely off,) or Nomura will say "frick it" and have his name be "mead" (Myed/Meyd/Myde).

zander1995

Awards
Btw, it's Lodur(r), not Ludor, though of course both can fit for Luxord. (Ludor has the link to "game", though.)
It was a typo haha
Though Lodur is a valid anglicization of the Norse name

Pretty sure Verum Rex won’t have anything to do with Dark Road beyond Luxord possible being connected to them both though. Nomura’s had this story on the back burner for years but it only came after KH3 cuz he could never fit into the development timeline of the series

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Chances of Luxord in Dark Road has increased 100%.

Demyx either won't be in Dark Road because Nomura can't rearrange his letters into Norse myth (the closet I can think of is *searches spelling* Móði, but he'd be stretching it since the spelling and pronunciation would be completely off,) or Nomura will say "frick it" and have his name be "mead" (Myed/Meyd/Myde).
To be fair not all of the Dark Road characters have to be named after Norse Gods. I think Nomura could make an exception for Demyx

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Luxord being in Yozora's world doesn't invalidate him from actually being from Scala ad Caelum. It's possible that he either willingly jumped into the Verum Rex Worldline or he somehow ended up there from out of his control.

Assuming he is an upperclassmen, perhaps some died and some were somehow sent to other Worldlines and Luxord ended up in Shibuya/Shinjuku.

His name being a different version of Loki's could fit well into his character centered on gamgling and trickster. Perhaps his means of survival in Yozora's world was to associate with him and see how he could escape his world.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
To be fair not all of the Dark Road characters have to be named after Norse Gods. I think Nomura could make an exception for Demyx
Water boy will be named after drink. So I decree! 🤪

But very true, and I hope Nomura doesn't do that with everyone in Dark Road. It already kinda wore out its welcome. lol

Luxord being in Yozora's world doesn't invalidate him from actually being from Scala ad Caelum. It's possible that he either willingly jumped into the Verum Rex Worldline or he somehow ended up there from out of his control.

Assuming he is an upperclassmen, perhaps some died and some were somehow sent to other Worldlines and Luxord ended up in Shibuya/Shinjuku.

His name being a different version of Loki's could fit well into his character centered on gamgling and trickster. Perhaps his means of survival in Yozora's world was to associate with him and see how he could escape his world.
And Xehanort knowing them would be why Xemnas knows the two are connected with the "ancient Keyblade legacy." And then we'll complain about Master Xehanort not having any interaction or even acknowledging them all throughout KH3.

They still have a chance to appear in UX, but at this point it's a safer bet they'll be in DR.

The worlds having different flows of time because of their restoring process can also be an excuse for why Luxord's still young. He stayed in Verum Rex for one reason or another while it was still in early recovery and time didn't flow for him again until decades later.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Water boy will be named after drink. So I decree! 🤪

But very true, and I hope Nomura doesn't do that with everyone in Dark Road. It already kinda wore out its welcome. lol

And Xehanort knowing them would be why Xemnas knows the two are connected with the "ancient Keyblade legacy." And then we'll complain about Master Xehanort not having any interaction or even acknowledging them all throughout KH3.

They still have a chance to appear in UX, but at this point it's a safer bet they'll be in DR.

The worlds having different flows of time because of their restoring process can also be an excuse for why Luxord's still young. He stayed in Verum Rex for one reason or another while it was still in early recovery and time didn't flow for him again until decades later.
If Luxord is indeed connected to Dark Road and was around the same time as Xehanort and Eraqus, no matter what the reason I will nitpick the age thing, because it would just be ridiculous. We would have too many young characters that can't/don't age. I can't believe Xehanort with all his knowledge never figured out the secret of eternal youth that so many other characters have.

Still can't wait for new info on Luxord.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
If Luxord is indeed connected to Dark Road and was around the same time as Xehanort and Eraqus, no matter what the reason I will nitpick the age thing, because it would just be ridiculous. We would have too many young characters that can't/don't age. I can't believe Xehanort with all his knowledge never figured out the secret of eternal youth that so many other characters have.
Xehanort be like "Gah! I need to stay young and handsome in order to achieve my goals, but all I have here is this potion of eternal youth. What would I even do with this? *throws glass on floor* Oh, well. Guess I should start looking for a body to possess."

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Suddenly the idea of a group of people destroying worlds for the sake of altering their personal passage of time and not age comes to mind

Back